PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

Techno Email
11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I tend to get really obsessed with whatever game I'm playing. Maybe you guys can relate. When I close my eyes, I picture the real world as some kind of mutation of the game. The game music loops uncontrollably in my head. This also happens when I go on T.V. series marathons. If the game or T.V. series has some kind of dialect, I start *thinking* in the dialect. :hypnotysed:

Lately, my husband and I have been watching "The Wire". I'm pretty sure we could totally pass for B-More natives, at this point. We communicate agreement "whuteva'" and we get each other "re-ups" on glasses of water from the kitchen. I wish I was into this show 5 years ago when I was working on DC Universe. The could have written my mission word-for-word from this show.

We've also been playing a ton of Borderlands 2, as of late. I shut my eyes and see glowing green and purple everywhere. I open the fridge, and imagine everything having a little pop-up showing it's stat's. Purple: vegan peach pie; Green: Pad Thai doggy bag; Etc... The guitar music is still strumming in my head, even though I don't play with the music on anymore. :livid:

Just to prove I have no life, I'll also confess that I'm totally obsessed with this iPhone game Letterpress. Every word I hear is an opportunity to find a better word that nobody has used on me yet. My husband will usually find me spacing out debating letter combinations right after he says words with alliteration (ooh, that's a good word), words that use the letters X, V, Z, J or F, words with very few vowels (another good word), and words with a prefix that can be used to make lots of other words. Fuzziest, fuzzier, fuzziestly? Nope, Fuzziestly is NOT a word in the letterpress dictionary. (SUCH BS!!) :miserable:

Last but not least, I work on and play Pocket Legends all day long. I am most definitely obsessed. I riffle through my purse and imagine myself hitting sell on all the junk in there, but...I can't, so just I shut my purse, a little irritated at how heavy it is. The game music for whatever zone I'm working on plays in my head all the time. I stop to collect my Daily Blessing during a dinner date with my hubby, while I'm "watching" The Wire, or in the middle of a co-op boss fight in Borderlands 2. ("Hold up guys, BRB!" - TechnoEmail.) I drive as though I could self-combo if I shift with just the right timing. I feel like I just got a group combo when somebody lets me merge in traffic. The most fun obsessions are when I'm working on boss fights or Elite level cap items. I LOVE working on different abilities and tend to get really obsessed with it. All the world is an opportunity to stomp, stun, leap, heal and WIN! :highly_amused:

Energizer12
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Uhhhhh...lol? Grats?

Noodleleg
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Girl gamerrr! Proooo! This is probably a very fun lifestyle :D! And Uhm... How I relate my life to PL :D! Each time I'm doing school-work, more intelligence points; more workouts, more strength points; more street-smarts, more dexterity >:-D! You think you'd still keep this up with... A kid o_O? Best of luck and awesome! <3

ninjaduck
11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
When I hear the word pink... You can guess what I think of.
When I get my salary, I try to convert it into the amount of platinum I could get.
When I hear a cool word I look for anagrams
When I hear a word I havent heard before, I go through possible spellings in my head.
I say "gf" ooccasionally after winning an argument (legit)
I base my evenings around daily blessings
I organise my AL playtime over 3g to have equal time per day
When I feel pain I think of red pots (legit)

Suentous PO
11-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I have had the experience of having a glowing red gunsight burned into the center of my vision, from first person shooters. :D

Garzoth
11-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Minecraft. I saw something the other day... I forget what it was, but it looked like an obsidian block. My brain legit registered the item as an obsidian block.

Zaonabiuibil
11-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Then I was like :02.47-tranquillity: and then I got all :indecisiveness:, seeing all the emotes then made me :confused: and want to :sorrow:. I also love video games, but not when it makes me :confused:. It was a good story though, it deserves a round of :applause:.

(Lol)

Techno Email
11-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Minecraft. I saw something the other day... I forget what it was, but it looked like an obsidian block. My brain legit registered the item as an obsidian block.

I think the obsidian block hammer might be my fav. item appearance in the whole game.

Nick41324
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
One question... do you and other developers have secret chars you legitly play the game on. Such as pvp and pve?

Technique
11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Season 1 & 2 of the wire are amazing, the rest of them are amazing also but season one is definitely my favorite.

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
One question... do you and other developers have secret chars you legitly play the game on. Such as pvp and pve?

Woop woop! Farming devs!

dugantale
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
When I hear the word pink... You can guess what I think of.
When I get my salary, I try to convert it into the amount of platinum I could get.
When I hear a cool word I look for anagrams
When I hear a word I havent heard before, I go through possible spellings in my head.
I say "gf" ooccasionally after winning an argument (legit)
I base my evenings around daily blessings
I organise my AL playtime over 3g to have equal time per day
When I feel pain I think of red pots (legit)

We think the same!

Asifrausa
11-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh wow such things happen to me in a way that when I get a new game I just want to play it until it's finish.
When I heard an awesome new song I just want to listen to over and over again until something gets my mind off of it.