PDA

View Full Version : AoA?

25thninja
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi everybody, i was specifically trying to get Goa, Aoa, moderator or developer, does anyone know when the next abassador applicztions will be accepted, because i am really pumped :eagerness:

Lowlyspy
11-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Wait, are you trying to get a hold of one of them or did you mean you wanted to be one of them? If it's the latter then all i'm seeing here is one big facepalm.

cookiez
11-06-2012, 09:14 PM
The only one you can easily become (easily to a point) is an AoA which you can apply for in the aoa applications section

Superdexme
11-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I think AOA or GOA are the only ones you can casually apply for...I applied for AOA :)

Lowlyspy
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I think AOA or GOA are the only ones you can casually apply for...

No.

Superdexme
11-06-2012, 10:12 PM
I think AOA or GOA are the only ones you can casually apply for...

No.
My bad....lol

Urqui
11-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Don't think you can be a dev, unless you live in Austin.
Don't think you can be a mod, unless you apply at certain website(not too sure on this one)

Only way to be a GoA is to be awesome beyond words and be specifically picked by devs.
You can always apply to be an AoA though:o Here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?77-AoA-Applications

Superdexme
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I thought so...you can "casually" apply for AOA

Zeus
11-07-2012, 12:20 AM
When did everything become a title? Seriously, I only know a few people in AoA that truly help for the sake of helping. Everyone else seems to be in it for the title.

dudetus
11-07-2012, 02:11 AM
When did everything become a title? Seriously, I only know a few people in AoA that truly help for the sake of helping. Everyone else seems to be in it for the title.

I am so going to enjoy to see how these "everyone else" are going to respond as the truth is finally being said aloud.

Kiwihawk
11-07-2012, 02:24 AM
You Should Tell Us Mr

Mothwing
11-07-2012, 03:07 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but we don't really...help anymore. We are mostly party planners and community promoters to help others have a good time. I don't know of I'm allowed to say this, not sure why I'm not, but Airrie changed our guidelines a while ago. Ever since we weren't required to help.

And again, don't take this the wrong way. Yes, we are still role models, and yes, we should still help out on our free time. Which most of us love doing.

Urqui
11-07-2012, 03:09 AM
I am so going to enjoy to see how these "everyone else" are going to respond as the truth is finally being said aloud.

Most of us won't reply because we won't see it or don't want to reply. And we can all can say we help when we can because everyone does help even if it's just to our friends. But some of us have busier schedules than others or different timezones. So it could be a rare coincidence that you meet up with one of us if we aren't in each others friends list. So you can't possibly know who actually helps just for helping. I can also show up where most forum members are so I can stand out and so you guys can see every time I sign in.
In my year and a half playing I've only seen Apollo once in pvp and you dudetus once also in balefort(you had a PL shield and so did I. Only reason we spoke actually lol) and I rarely see other forum members too because I'm not friends with most of the people in here.

Not flaming or hating, saying:p

Edit: Wow, ramble much :hororr:

dudetus
11-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Most of us won't reply because we won't see it or don't want to reply. And we can all can say we help when we can because everyone does help even if it's just to our friends. But some of us have busier schedules than others or different timezones. So it could be a rare coincidence that you meet up with one of us if we aren't in each others friends list. So you can't possibly know who actually helps just for helping. I can also show up where most forum members are so I can stand out and so you guys can see every time I sign in.
In my year and a half playing I've only seen Apollo once in pvp and you dudetus once also in balefort(you had a PL shield and so did I. Only reason we spoke actually lol) and I rarely see other forum members too because I'm not friends with most of the people in here.

Not flaming or hating, saying:p

Edit: Wow, ramble much :hororr:

I myself bump into many forumers IG in Balefort or in PvP regardless that most of them are in my FL.

On a side note: I do not have PL Shield.

Urqui
11-07-2012, 03:26 AM
I myself bump into many forumers IG in Balefort or in PvP regardless that most of them are in my FL.

On a side note: I do not have PL Shield.

You're more popular than me:p
Then I have you confused with someone else with a PL shield, sorry:dread:

vampinoy
11-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Wow I feel vindicated, a couple of months ago when AoA was still in its prime days...I posted a thread that basically tells everyone how useless that program is and it's only for gloating and a popularity show...everyone dissed me...bla bla bla :D Now, the same people who dissed me then are now saying members of AoA are only in it for show and only a few are legit? (not only in this thread, but several other AoA related threads as of late) Bwahahaha, I wish I could find it (It was closed due to flaming)...I would have loved to re-quote what some of you here told me back then :D I even suggested that they create an "evil" counterpart and create a backstory out of it, and everyone dissed that idea too (although later on, people also started suggesting the same thing LOL!) I guess I was just a little ahead of my time :D I was right all along (once again...so tired of being right). I said it then, I'll say it again, AoA is nothing more than a bunch of kids gloating because their dev's pets. Remove it, no purpose, devs can create "events" in one click...since when did helping require (or merit) a guild?...AoA still has a pulse (although very weak compared back then when I started negging it), clinging for dear life, and I'll still be here when this AoA program totally dies, and I'll be the first to say "I told you so" :D. Bookmark it.

Urqui
11-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Wow I feel vindicated, a couple of months ago when AoA was still in its prime days...I posted a thread that basically tells everyone how useless that program is and it's only for show and a popularity show...everyone dissed me...bla bla bla :D Now, the same people who dissed me then are now saying members of AoA are only in it for show and only a few are legit? Bwahahaha, I wish I could re-quote it but I can't find the thread...I would have loved to re-quote what some of you here told me back then :D I guess I was just a little ahead of my time :D I was right all along

Well when the new AoA came out it we were welcomers to new players like the old AoA. Not useless
But Airrie changed our direction to party planners, where we come up with ideas so people can do and maybe win gold or plat. Not useless

We all pitch in when Delphina puts up an event.
This is what Airrie told us(can't post actual quote, just copied part of his post)

Ambassadors are all about bringing the community together through events, contests, tournaments and parties!

1. You are no longer asked to login to your helper toon and stand around to help. (This is no longer a direction in the program)
2. We won't have the issue of "I login to help but no one else is on..."
3. You can continue to be a superstar helper anytime if you like. This is out of your own kindness and time but no longer a focus of the program.
4. These changes are effective immediately

@dudetus I'm still trying to remember who it was with the PL shield. Was so certain it was you:dread:

25thninja
11-07-2012, 07:49 AM
No, everybody is missing thr point, i said i need a dev mod aoa goa or anybodys help not wanted to be one, well, i do wanna be aoa

25thninja
11-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Alright, dev/mod, close the thread please, this is getting outta hand

vampinoy
11-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Well when the new AoA came out it we were welcomers to new players like the old AoA. Not useless
But Airrie changed our direction to party planners, where we come up with ideas so people can do and maybe win gold or plat. Not useless

We all pitch in when Delphina puts up an event.
This is what Airrie told us(can't post actual quote, just copied part of his post)

Welcomers to new players? WTF LOL! So without you guys new players will not feel welcomed? puh-lease, spare me from the gloating :D Besides, I used to run a guild of 300+ people, not one was welcomed by an AoA, I, together with awesome officers and vets, welcomed them and showed them the ropes. Party planners? what is this some kind of high school soiree? :D The devs can make events on their own without you (how hard it is to send e-mails, post in forums, post in facebook/twitter? hahaha)...people hold events on their own without you (guild stuff)...so...you're just that guy in the middle looking for identity (of course, being dev's pet makes up for it)...:D ...Sorry to burst that bubble...

PS: Oh I agree OP, let's get this thread closed, before more AoA's come to the rescue :D LOL!

ninjaduck
11-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I think the whole scheme should be scrapped so we can see who gives a crap about titles. Lol

Zeus
11-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but we don't really...help anymore. We are mostly party planners and community promoters to help others have a good time. I don't know of I'm allowed to say this, not sure why I'm not, but Airrie changed our guidelines a while ago. Ever since we weren't required to help.

And again, don't take this the wrong way. Yes, we are still role models, and yes, we should still help out on our free time. Which most of us love doing.

Honestly, I see some AoA's talking trash in PvP and bullying the newbies. I'm not sure if that's the type of community you wanted to promote (well, a few AoAs).

@Urqui

I've been in the AoA too. It's changed now from what it used to be before. Now, the definition of AoA is something completely different, not to mention the image. Have you seen the application forums? Have you seen who gets in? It is whoever warms up to Airrie and the other community the most. The community self promoted itself with and without the AoA and it will continue to. Remember when there wasn't the AoA?

Want me to prove it to you? I actually have before when Pandar was head of the AoA. It's quite easy for people with the wrong intentions to worm their way into the AoA. The second generation of AoAs has shown that.

These positions give people the "god-complex". I'm speaking from personal experience. It goes to your head, changes why you do things and how you behave. I can show you some clear examples if I need to, quote by quote.

P.S: We've met 3 times.

Urqui
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Welcomers to new players? WTF LOL! So without you guys new players will not feel welcomed? puh-lease, spare me from the gloating :D Besides, I used to run a guild of 300+ people, not one was welcomed by an AoA, I, together with awesome officers and vets, welcomed them and showed them the ropes. Party planners? what is this some kind of high school soiree? :D The devs can make events on their own without you (how hard it is to send e-mails, post in forums, post in facebook/twitter? hahaha)...people hold events on their own without you (guild stuff)...so...you're just that guy in the middle looking for identity (of course, being dev's pet makes up for it)...:D ...Sorry to burst that bubble...

PS: Oh I agree OP, let's get this thread closed, before more AoA's come to the rescue :D LOL!

Lol okay;)

@apollo True true. I'll pm you later about this because I gtg for now. But I only remember you from when I couldn't beat your glyph Mage at 56 pvp:p

MightyMicah
11-07-2012, 08:36 AM

This is exactly why I didn't join AoA.

MightyMicah
11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I think the whole scheme should be scrapped so we can see who gives a crap about titles. Lol

Sorry for the double post but I must address this statement.

They will never scrap this thing. If they do, then they'll start it again with a different name. The purpose of AoA is not to help people. It never was. The purpose is so that the developers can boast things that look good on paper. They can say things like, "We have given GoA awards to valued players. We have an AoA program to help new players. We have a friendly community which the devs interact with!" Etc. etc. It's all about StS looking good.

Edit- btw, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you see AoA and think, "They aren't doing anything." This is why. They don't need to. For their purpose to be fulfilled, all they have to do is exist.

Zeus
11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
This is exactly why I didn't join AoA.

Also why I PM'd Airrie to ignore my re-application.

vampinoy
11-07-2012, 09:15 AM
AoA was and is still an unnecessary program.

STS, Instead of developing this kind of unnecessary program, why not just develop a charity program? Not a one-time program but all year round charity program...people that's in that guild will think of ways to earn money and donate it to poor children? That's doable, I was in one guild in World of Warcraft where our guild leader would hold live streaming videos (you probably heard about this guy he's quite popular if you're a WoW player) and he somehow earned money from it (maybe from his sponsors etc. I dunno, I'm not familiar with that kind of business) the more people view it...he donated the money to poor African kids and he would literally (physically) go to the charity houses and make videos of how he gave money to them as proof that all our efforts are really going there. Now that's something remarkable, isn't it? Now compare that to this program...SMH...we did that as players without Blizzard, just a bunch of guys who got bored playing WoW one day and decided to make more out of it...imagine what this program could do with your backing...so much potential wasted...players and devs can collaborate on greater things than welcoming players and planning parties...

Delphina
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Alright, dev/mod, close the thread please, this is getting outta hand
Thread closed.