PDA

View Full Version : 275-203, any thoughts?

Aeroflame
11-06-2012, 11:37 PM
No flaming

So Obama won. What are your thoughts on this?

Remember. If your guy won, celebrate. If your guy lost, complain. If you didn't vote, shut up and deal :$

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Diappointed, going to mexico without a green card. First buying a gun tyvm. Later USA! Lulz ;)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Can't really hate on the guy, he hasn't royally did us over yet, it took Clinton 2 terms to get a surplus, we'll see where this goes ^_^

Superduper
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Lets see how far we can dig ourselves into debt.

Zeus
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Reposted:

Yay, medical field gets screwed and more benefits for those who don't like to work! -.-

That's definitely the way to fix the US economy, yessir. I don't know when US citizens will stop thinking about themselves and more towards the country as a whole. The entitlements that we have now is the major reason why the US is in debt. We blame presidents, but it's really our own fault.

The general public wants this: lower taxes but more benefits. This does not work out, as it's one or the other. Although I'm not for benefits/entitlements because I believe that it makes Americans lazy, but if you want them, the taxes should be equally high to balance out the cost of entitlements/benefits.

My philosophy is this, "People will only accomplish what is needed to be accomplished." What does this mean? If the bar is set low, then they will only rise up to barely meet the expectations of that bar. If the bar is set high, then they will be challenged to meet the expectations of that bar.

Darwin's theory about "survival of the fittest" dwindles in our society.

Plaguemaw
11-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Me and my children are done for. Thanks America.

*moves to Mexico*

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Energizer12
11-07-2012, 01:38 AM
I am very pleased with the results
In my oppinon obama was going to win because there wasnt that much of a challenge

Asifrausa
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Reposted:

Yay, medical field gets screwed and more benefits for those who don't like to work! -.-

That's definitely the way to fix the US economy, yessir. I don't know when US citizens will stop thinking about themselves and more towards the country as a whole. The entitlements that we have now is the major reason why the US is in debt. We blame presidents, but it's really our own fault.

The general public wants this: lower taxes but more benefits. This does not work out, as it's one or the other. Although I'm not for benefits/entitlements because I believe that it makes Americans lazy, but if you want them, the taxes should be equally high to balance out the cost of entitlements/benefits.

My philosophy is this, "People will only accomplish what is needed to be accomplished." What does this mean? If the bar is set low, then they will only rise up to barely meet the expectations of that bar. If the bar is set high, then they will be challenged to meet the expectations of that bar.

Darwin's theory about "survival of the fittest" dwindles in our society.

I'm not an American citizen but I agreed with what you said.
Since a country's strength are based on its people.
Blame not he who leads, but blame thyself for asking too much from him

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Some republicans are tiger sharks, lions, etc, if you don't get my meaning, read on.

People who believe "survival of the fittest" applies to people are usually no better than animals. People are so wrapped up in their own selfish agenda to realize there are people who desperately want to climb, just needing a bit of help. Now, when there are people like you out there purposely stacking the odds against these guys trying so desperately to climb, that's when you become despicable.

Some republicans are hypocrites. Lets say this was the ideal republican world. That survival of the fittest bs is you basically saying "I don't care if you were born poor, I'm gonna stack a ton of odds against you, and let you do it yourself", and being born like that is still your fault you know? Cuz it's NOT like we were throwing bibles and holy water on your parents when you were still an unborn fetus, when they tried to spare you the hardships you'd face.

After hurricane sandy, Christie gets help from the president, and even then they're still expecting him to talk mess about Obama, granted, had Romney been there, what would you have said then. "Tough luck, survival of the fittest"?

When Obama got into office the first time, we lost a lot of jobs each month for a while there. but now we're gaining more than we were before. You wanna complain about how Obama's making things worse, like he'd do everything in four years, maybe you SHOULD go to Mexico.
"Take America back", where the hell did it go? I have been looking for a job since 09, and recently got my first one a week ago.. I honestly
Couldn't say that I did it on my own back when more people were getting laid off than hired. You guys wanna complain that Obama isn't doing anything, maybe it's right you leave the country, because unless you know what's really going on, or you're bashing Obama in the hopes that someone else would agree with you? you have no right to say anything. People got all "patriotic" after 9/11, and bush used that chance to make a lunge at the middle east. Why did we invade Iraq when they has nothing to do with it? Why didn't we strategically make a go at Osama from the start???

Honestly, I respect Romney as a businessman, because you'd expect a businessman to cut costs to make profit, but as a politician, Romney disgusts me. At least bush had the decency to say "I'm gonna raise taxes and subsidize the rich, even though we're going to war as this is when we'll need money the most", Romney doesn't do that. Romney wants to switch his views halfway to appeal more to the left, and ends up contradicting himself. When they realized his social security plan was gonna have the next generation working longer than this generation, he starts singing a different tine. Least bush owned up to where he screwed up. The fact that Romney tried to keep attention off him and attack Obama... THAT'S what cost Romney some republican votes.

Point is, Obama hasn't screwed anything up as far as I can see, and until he does, stop bashing him and try working together.

Tiger sharks eat each other before birth, and lions will kill each other for
Dominance. If that's your stance, then I don't want you in power.

Zeus
11-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Some republicans are tiger sharks, lions, etc, if you don't get my meaning, read on.

People who believe "survival of the fittest" applies to people are usually no better than animals. People are so wrapped up in their own selfish agenda to realize there are people who desperately want to climb, just needing a bit of help. Now, when there are people like you out there purposely stacking the odds against these guys trying so desperately to climb, that's when you become despicable.

Some republicans are hypocrites. Lets say this was the ideal republican world. That survival of the fittest bs is you basically saying "I don't care if you were born poor, I'm gonna stack a ton of odds against you, and let you do it yourself", and being born like that is still your fault you know? Cuz it's NOT like we were throwing bibles and holy water on your parents when you were still an unborn fetus, when they tried to spare you the hardships you'd face.

After hurricane sandy, Christie gets help from the president, and even then they're still expecting him to talk mess about Obama, granted, had Romney been there, what would you have said then. "Tough luck, survival of the fittest"?

When Obama got into office the first time, we lost a lot of jobs each month for a while there. but now we're gaining more than we were before. You wanna complain about how Obama's making things worse, like he'd do everything in four years, maybe you SHOULD go to Mexico.
"Take America back", where the hell did it go? I have been looking for a job since 09, and recently got my first one a week ago.. I honestly
Couldn't say that I did it on my own back when more people were getting laid off than hired. You guys wanna complain that Obama isn't doing anything, maybe it's right you leave the country, because unless you know what's really going on, or you're bashing Obama in the hopes that someone else would agree with you? you have no right to say anything. People got all "patriotic" after 9/11, and bush used that chance to make a lunge at the middle east. Why did we invade Iraq when they has nothing to do with it? Why didn't we strategically make a go at Osama from the start???

Honestly, I respect Romney as a businessman, because you'd expect a businessman to cut costs to make profit, but as a politician, Romney disgusts me. At least bush had the decency to say "I'm gonna raise taxes and subsidize the rich, even though we're going to war as this is when we'll need money the most", Romney doesn't do that. Romney wants to switch his views halfway to appeal more to the left, and ends up contradicting himself. When they realized his social security plan was gonna have the next generation working longer than this generation, he starts singing a different tine. Least bush owned up to where he screwed up. The fact that Romney tried to keep attention off him and attack Obama... THAT'S what cost Romney some republican votes.

Point is, Obama hasn't screwed anything up as far as I can see, and until he does, stop bashing him and try working together.

I don't understand what you're getting at? Why are you going to extremes? Are republicans trying to to starve the US? No, they want the same goal as democratics: to make the United States a better nation. So please, like you said, keep the flame out of your post. Some entitlements are good, but the unnecessary ones like the FAFSA grants in California and other college grants, unemployment grants and so on should be removed. Why? They're abused. Every grant that is abused should be removed, IMO. The only grants that should remain are the ones to give the bare necessities to live. Honestly, I could start listing examples as to how they are abused.

Students use FAFSA money on drugs. Adults use unemployment money on drugs, not to support them. Honestly, there is plenty of jobs in the US to keep the unemployment rate pretty damn low, but people are lazy. I know a friend of mine collects unemployment and sits at home doing nothing. Tell me, how is that money being put to proper use? It's sooooo easy to collect unemployment and keep getting it (just apply for a few jobs here and there). It is an easy way out, something which most American people will not understand due to the fact that we as a nation have gotten lazy.

People will only rise to the standard they were set.

I'm not sure if you've paid attention in your government class, because it seems like you haven't or you are just making republicans seem like an evil force that deserve to be eradicated. In the US, there is equality of opportunity. Everybody has the same chance to become what they want to be, which is why the government puts every child through free public schooling. Why should it be their fault that when you were given the opportunity, you didn't seize advantage of it? Scholarships and jobs are excellent ways to fund one's college and living expenses. I know a friend of mine that does it because she refuses to take government money, as she is a hardcore republican as well.

Okay, homelessness. Most homeless people are druggies, alcoholics, etc. What are they contributing to society? Not much except a financial drain as the government is responsible for taking care of them. What happens when you try to get them sober and get them a job? All these resources are used to do that. That money can be so much better spent.

Aero, you make republicans to be an evil when they really aren't. They aren't tiger sharks, so please refrain from the use of hyperboles and pay attention in politics before commenting. They are looking to REDUCE entitlements and unnecessary costs. There used to be a time when the US was thriving and never in debt, infact, they had a surplus of money. Unemployment rate was low, as was homelessness rate. This was before entitlements. Now look what have entitlements have done? We are piling neck high in debt and just keep going. The leading factors is not outsourcing, like many people think, but due to multitudes of entitlements. Citizens just want more and more benefits. How much do they expect the government to give them? The poor already get SOOOOO many benefits. They do not have an excuse, as everyone in the US is given equal opportunity to become what they want to achieve in life.

Case and point, you have grown dependent on entitlements and see them as the only way out. You proved that to me when you were giving me examples. Entitlements are meant to be a quick support, then leave them. Or at least, that's how they were intended when they were created. Presidents underestimated the laziness of American people though, which is why Republicans now think that many entitlements should be removed.

Also, the Hurricane Sandy example is not applicable, because if you learned politics, Republicans and Democratics both would help out with natural disasters. Don't believe me? Just take a look at past republic and democratic presidents. History speaks for itself.

Please, broaden your mind, as in every scenario, there is a way or chance of opportunity. Republicans are willing to give you that chance, but they will not spoon-feed you and let you be a burden on the government. They support citizens when needed but also expect that the citizens contribute back to the government instead of constantly relying on the government in order to enjoy and live life, which is what many people who are on entitlements do.

MightyMicah
11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I was very dissapointed when I found out Obama won the election. He's had four years to get stuff done and he hasn't come through. All he's managed to do is double the national debt and lose jobs.

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Lets see where this goes
I can only hope gravity reverses somehow through this endless fall

Plaguemaw
11-07-2012, 09:45 AM

Lmao, yea you're right. We would all rather have an extra $5T in debt and 9% unemployment for another 4 years

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
You know wht he did? Removed jobs saying he made a bunch then gave them to other people. He also said employment is at a record high well no really? Its the holiday season everyone is looking for extra staff so his point is invalid there lol.

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Exploiting the loopholes in every policy made into law by congress is normal, I'm not flaming, I'm stating facts. I'm not going into extremes because what I'm talking about, all this insanity I mentioned is actually happening. Maybe not where you are, but it does happen in every other part of the country. If you feel someone is taking advantage of something, that's ok, but DON'T BLAME IT ON OBAMA. From what I'm hearing its like you believe democrats are just flinging money at students just because. I'm unable to go to school right now BECAUSE of the govt not being able to give grants to students who actually need it. If this is suh a problem, send a complaint. Talk to your local representative, and blame it on congress because they're the ones who shoulder those responsibilities. This isn't about that. This is about these far-rights getting on Obama for things he can't control. The dude has tried to appeal countless times to the republican to meet them halfway and they repeatedly stand by the grounds that it's their way or the highway. I see your point in that there are some in other states abusing their FAFSA money, but it's no reason to cut it off from everyone else. If you notice, nothing good ever comes flm one side having full control, there always has to be a compromise. There are decent republicans out there but the ones who actually have a voice are the ones being paid by some rich dude with his own agenda.

Every Romney commercial, and every thing I've ever seen on fox keeps talking about the deficit. "Deficit, deficit, deficit", and I'm sick of this BS scare tactic that they're using to mind-screw people. Yes it's a big number, but America could pay that crap off if we really wanted to. We've been in debt since the friggin country started! These people aren't stupid! That big number is what they use to control people. Just like saying "9/11" made people throw money at the cause, regardless of how ridiculous it sounds.

Anyways, if these republican politicians played fair, I wouldn't have a reason to retaliate. If they had a genuine problem with the way things went, all they needed to do was talk to Obama or congress and work on a compromise, you can't control every policy as you see fit. And you certainly can't psychologically manipulate people.

I'm not flaming, it's just the truth.

Please don't take shots at me when I say what I do. I'm not making republicans seem like an evil force, I've said it again and again, there are decent republicans out there, but the ones who actually have the power to change anything are usually being backed by some rich fellow with an ulterior motive.

Matter of fact, tell me ONE unarguable thing Obama has done wrong and I will stop talking

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I was very dissapointed when I found out Obama won the election. He's had four years to get stuff done and he hasn't come through. All he's managed to do is double the national debt and lose jobs.

Bro, you can't fix everything in four years, blame congress for holding it all back and never reaching an agreement. Even then you don't really see what the president has done until AFTER his term in office. Which no doubt Romney would have taken credit for.

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
You know wht he did? Removed jobs saying he made a bunch then gave them to other people. He also said employment is at a record high well no really? Its the holiday season everyone is looking for extra staff so his point is invalid there lol.

Really dude? Holiday season '07 people got LAID OFF rather than get new jobs. Like I said, we lost jobs at first but things are getting better, and from what you say, you make it sound like Obama controls the frickin economy!

Some people really believe the president has that much power... Jeez

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
There's a reason Obama won by a landslide, the guys who voted aren't stupid, they know why they voted. Point is, Obama must have been doing something right. It would've been nicer if people just talked about the country rather than target the guy who's probably being used anyway. Instead I'm playing defense. It's all good. We're getting jobs again, things aren't too bad, and again, if u don't like it, move. If you don't care, deal.

Lowlyspy
11-07-2012, 10:54 AM
There's a reason Obama won by a landslide, the guys who voted aren't stupid, they know why they voted. Point is, Obama must have been doing something right. It would've been nicer if people just talked about the country rather than target the guy who's probably being used anyway. Instead I'm playing defense. It's all good. We're getting jobs again, things aren't too bad, and again, if u don't like it, move. If you don't care, deal.
Obama did not win in a land slide in any way shape or form. Sure he got more electoral votes, but in almost every single state, the popular vote was decided by a few thousand

The total popular vote for the entire country only seperated them by 20k. This was the closest election i have ever seen.

EDIT: Also, because you feel better than everyone gives you no right to call others names. Get off your high horse.

vampinoy
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Remember. If your guy won, celebrate. If your guy lost, complain. If you didn't vote, shut up and deal :$

If my guy won, I'll definitely celebrate. If I lost, I'll congratulate (and support the winner). People who didn't vote are the ones that usually complain.

Cahaun
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I just want to say that I believe Romney would've been a better of the two. He knows business and how to get things out of debt. Obama got people crazed that he would make change and solve the problems but fell short and I found no reason to reelect him :/

Anyone notice how much people rely just on the government now? That's not a healthy thing.

MightyMicah
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Bro, you can't fix everything in four years, blame congress for holding it all back and never reaching an agreement. Even then you don't really see what the president has done until AFTER his term in office. Which no doubt Romney would have taken credit for.

Let me rephrase that. Not only has he had four years to get stuff done, but he hasn't improved anything! In fact, everything has gotten worse. I'm quite positive it will continue to get worse. There is absolutely no valid reason to indicate otherwise.

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
A friend of mine made a good point "why go out and get a high paying job now when you can be lazy, get on welfare and get a free ride through the world without any effort" its true why should i strive to be rich and succesful if i am going to be taxed the hell out of.

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
EDIT: Also, because you feel better than everyone gives you no right to call others names. Get off your high horse.

When did I call anyone names?

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM
A friend of mine made a good point "why go out and get a high paying job now when you can be lazy, get on welfare and get a free ride through the world without any effort" its true why should i strive to be rich and succesful if i am going to be taxed the hell out of.

You can't get a high paying job if you aren't qualified for it, how do you get qualified? oh wait, you need a degree. but some can't get a degree, because they can't pay for school. are you saying they should stay at the bottom if they cannot pay for it?

And as for Micah's statement, Idk if it will get worse or not, all I know is If it does, at least he'll own up to it. Not blame it on someone else.

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I just want to say that I believe Romney would've been a better of the two. He knows business and how to get things out of debt. Obama got people crazed that he would make change and solve the problems but fell short and I found no reason to reelect him :/

Anyone notice how much people rely just on the government now? That's not a healthy thing.

That debt could be paid at any time. If we really were broke then the dollar would have no value. I look at clinton and I see the surplus he gave us. The fact that obama's trying to go that route suggests that he may be on to something, clinton served 2 terms. One to clean up the mess, and one to get a surplus. let's just sit and watch where this goes then :/

Delphina
11-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Thread closed at request of OP.