11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi buddy whats up ? :)

Energizer12
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Woot obama go go!

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Hi buddy whats up ? :)

Just debating if ill ever have spare money to spend on STS now that obamas got 2 termz :'( sowwy STS

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Plaguemaw
11-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Just debating if ill ever have spare money to spend on STS now that obamas got 2 termz :'( sowwy STS

Hahaha STS is a small business, so long legends games. Nice knowing ya

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Energizer12
11-07-2012, 01:32 AM

only if your rich! If your middle class you will be fine

Zaonabiuibil
11-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Romney 2016 anyone? :o

That is, if this country is still around by then.

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 07:37 AM

You definitely don't know how the system works... This 14 year-old knows moar than yew >:-D...

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 09:44 AM

I know right xD

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Hahaha STS is a small business, so long legends games. Nice knowing ya

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
Haha i know right

You definitely don't know how the system works... This 14 year-old knows moar than yew >:-D...
Ever checkout the debt calculator? Go look at it 4 years ago when obama came into office look at it now then fast forward to 2016 and then tell me the country isnt goung under lol

only if your rich! If your middle class you will be fine
Im neither, my family is considered in the poverty zone lol they go by how much you make a year.

KingFu
11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I think him winning the election kinda shows he was more "popular"...

Meh, either way, I'm tired of hearing people complain about politics. Especially in high school. Kids argue to defend their parents' opinions when they don't even know what they mean. I don't follow politics specifically because I don't wanna get in those conversations. Next election I'll be able to vote, but I sure as hell won't if I don't get interested in it, since uninformed voters are just American idiots that pop up every 4 years.

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Meh, either way, I'm tired of hearing people complain about politics. Especially in high school. Kids argue to defend their parents' opinions when they don't even know what they mean. I don't follow politics specifically because I don't wanna get in those conversations. Next election I'll be able to vote, but I sure as hell won't if I don't get interested in it, since uninformed voters are just American idiots that pop up every 4 years.

So you think having the same opinion as your parents because you both see the same things in one and not the other is considered protecting your parents opinion? Lol and about the popular thing loom at this, he wasnt as popular as you portrayed lol just cause he got high electoral states doesnt mean hes more popular so to speak

MightyMicah
11-07-2012, 11:45 AM

So what you're saying is that you're tired of hearing people actually care about their country because you don't give a crap. Is that right? I love how you just put down all high schoolers everywhere. From what it sounds like to me, these high schoolers know more about politics from their parents than you even care to know. What kind of statement did I just read? Smh

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
So what you're saying is that you're tired of hearing people actually care about their country because you don't give a crap. Is that right? I love how you just put down all high schoolers everywhere. From what it sounds like to me, these high schoolers know more about politics from their parents than you even care to know. What kind of statement did I just read? Smh

I know right. And everyone should look at the national debt calculator before obama was president, tik today then jump to 2016

Jugernugetx
11-07-2012, 03:19 PM
I can vote next election >:) but gg

Zaonabiuibil
11-07-2012, 03:27 PM

First off. I'm only 15. Big whoop you're a year younger. Have you seen the stock market today?

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/article.asp?docKey=600-201211071215APONLINEFIN_BUS__US_Wall_Street-1&params=timestamp||11/07/2012%2012:15%20PM%20ET||headline||Stocks%20plunge% 20after%20election%3B%20Europe%20woes%20deepen||do cSource||AP%20Online||provider||ACQUIREMEDIA||brid gesymbol||US;THC&ticker=THC&page=2

One day after election, stock markets already plummeting. Now who knows nothing of how the system works?

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
First off. I'm only 15. Big whoop you're a year younger. Have you seen the stock market today?

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/article.asp?docKey=600-201211071215APONLINEFIN_BUS__US_Wall_Street-1śms=timestamp||11/07/2012%2012:15%20PM%20ET||headline||Stocks%20plunge% 20after%20election%3B%20Europe%20woes%20deepen||do cSource||AP%20Online||provider||ACQUIREMEDIA||brid gesymbol||US;THC&ticker=THC&page=2

One day after election, stock markets already plummeting. Now who knows nothing of how the system works?

Okay... A plummeting stock market. Cool storii. I'm really annoyed how you said Romey for 2016, though... Just... No... Don't say Romey for 2016. By the way, if Romey was elected President, the same would probably happen to the stock market. Any news now a days causes a crazy jump and dip in the economy.

Edit:
@razer

Yes, Obama did cause a bunch of debt, but... It wasn't exactly his fault. He's just the guy that signs off on the bail-outs. Who we really need to get rid of is the cronies the politicians have.

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Okay... A plummeting stock market. Cool storii. I'm really annoyed how you said Romey for 2016, though... Just... No... Don't say Romey for 2016. By the way, if Romey was elected President, the same would probably happen to the stock market. Any news now a days causes a crazy jump and dip in the economy.

Edit:
@razer

Yes, Obama did cause a bunch of debt, but... It wasn't exactly his fault. He's just the guy that signs off on the bail-outs. Who we really need to get rid of is the cronies the politicians have.

Im not big on politics but me personally would like to have someone to be president who knows how to bring people and or our country possibly out of debt instead of bringing chanfe and crearing more debt.

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Im not big on politics but me personally would like to have someone to be president who knows how to bring people and or our country possibly out of debt instead of bringing chanfe and crearing more debt.

Here's how you bring a country out of debt... Do illegal stuff such as selling drugs, weapons, etc. Or... RAISING TAXES. It's impossible for a leader to magically wave his wand and bring a country out of debt. There's always a downside. Romney could do no better than Obama, in my opinion. Politicians are just people drunk with power and sign things they never read.

Luvaria
11-07-2012, 04:56 PM
At some point, Obama had 80 more electoral votes than Romney, but Romney had 230,000 or so more votes from people. xD

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
At some point, Obama had 80 more electoral votes than Romney, but Romney had 230,000 or so more votes from people. xD

The Electoral College has an upside and downside... The biggest downside for Minnesota is that there's no point for Republicans to vote :/... And my family primarily is due to our beliefs :(!

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Excuse me, gents, but at this point the POTUS has a 2.5 million (2%) lead in the popular vote, and there aren't enough votes left to count for Romney to get the popular vote. (60.4M to 57.6M)

Also, the debt problem is easily fixed. End the Bush Tax Cuts. It's insane that, when the country needs to fix a debt problem caused by unnecessary wars and the foolish merging of real estate and stock market investments (so that when real estate prices tanked, there went the stocks, brilliant!), it's just nuts that we are letting the people who live of investments (gambling) be taxed at such low rates. Why are the workers taxed at twice the rate of the investors? Make the investors pay the same rates, and we'll get out of this soon enough.

Zaonabiuibil
11-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Edit:
@razer

LOL! You sir, just got troll'd. Did you think I was serious about Romney? XD

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 05:26 PM
LOL! You sir, just got troll'd. Did you think I was serious about Romney? XD

Apology accepted.

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Plz tax me moar
Just throw some 50% income tax rates on everyone who works for their money!
:D
Government controlzzz everything!

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Lol, taxing makes people mad though.

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Lol, taxing makes people mad though.

Thats y you wait till ur second term to do it
;D

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Thats y you wait till ur second term to do it
;D

Haha sneaky troll ;) afterall if people cry you cant get elected a 3rd lulz

morfic
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
More popular? Did I see something incorrect, or did Obama not win both the Electoral votes AND the popular votes?

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Haha sneaky troll ;) afterall if people cry you cant get elected a 3rd lulz

Roosevelt...

KingFu
11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
So you think having the same opinion as your parents because you both see the same things in one and not the other is considered protecting your parents opinion? Lol and about the popular thing loom at this, he wasnt as popular as you portrayed lol just cause he got high electoral states doesnt mean hes more popular so to speak

As I portrayed? I didn't portray anything. I don't have much of an interest in politics. I'm just tired of hearing people getting in arguments because they act like they know what they're talking about. Also, nice picture of Fox News. Very reliable source...

I'm not claiming to know anything about politics, because, quite frankly, I don't know much. Just look at this thread, almost everyone that's posted about the election aren't even of legal voting age.

Tons of 15 year olds are getting their panties in a knot because they want to hate on something and disagree with the popular opinion because it makes them feel smarter. Gets old.

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
As I portrayed? I didn't portray anything. I don't have much of an interest in politics. I'm just tired of hearing people getting in arguments because they act like they know what they're talking about. Also, nice picture of Fox News. Very reliable source...

I'm not claiming to know anything about politics, because, quite frankly, I don't know much. Just look at this thread, almost everyone that's posted about the election aren't even of legal voting age.

Tons of 15 year olds are getting their panties in a knot because they want to hate on something and disagree with the popular opinion because it makes them feel smarter. Gets old.

I tell you... Sophomores...

Cahaun
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
The worst are the middle schoolers who blabber around things that were obviously lies and propaganda influenced :/

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:45 PM
The worst are the middle schoolers who blabber around things that were obviously lies and propaganda influenced :/

Like my annoying brother?

Mothwing
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

It's funny because 2/3 of the country was colored red. Romney/republicans have pretty much dominated the midwestern states.

Just saw Razer's picture...xD

All I have to say, is we're screwed.

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM

>.> ikr...

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Also, nice picture of Fox News. Very reliable source...

Just look at this thread, almost everyone that's posted about the election aren't even of legal voting age.

I see ppl thanking you over something they argued against me about.

you're f*xxin awesome brutha

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
It's funny because 2/3 of the country was colored red. Romney/republicans have pretty much dominated the midwestern states.

Just saw Razer's picture...xD

All I have to say, is we're screwed.

You do realise those states have small populations, right?

And, if you don't believe two opposing sides can work together to figure this out, you need to get some faith in humanity, man.

Edit: I mean, if we can't put this bickering aside and get this financial cliff problem solved, it will be BOTH parties who are at fault.

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 08:51 PM

Phew, dodged a bullet since im 16 :) so i know what im talking about tyvm for saying so <3

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Roosevelt...

Well hes a noob ;)

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
You can't umm...

you cant blame obama when you're not really affected by their policies. you don't pay taxes, and you don't work from the looks of it.

He inherited all these problems, of course the deficit increased, we're still in iraq, and he's still tryna pull them back out. but you don't hear those guys on tv tell you about that :) they just hide that one piece of info that'd change it all.

Mothwing
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
You do realise those states have small populations, right?

And, if you don't believe two opposing sides can work together to figure this out, you need to get some faith in humanity, man.

Edit: I mean, if we can't put this bickering aside and get this financial cliff problem solved, it will be BOTH parties who are at fault.

Based on past elections, as well as the debates, no I don't lol.

KingFu
11-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Based on past elections, as well as the debates, no I don't lol.

I think Snake, a grown business man, would have a bit more of an experienced, justified view. Just sayin'.

Mothwing
11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I think Snake, a grown business man, would have a bit more of an experienced, justified view. Just sayin'.

I don't think it takes a grown business man to see that the two parties clearly have different views. Just watch the debates >.<

KingFu
11-07-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't think it takes a grown business man to see that the two parties clearly have different views. Just watch the debates >.<

No, but he has far more experience and has witnessed much more to develope a stronger point of view than you have.

Mothwing
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
No, but he has far more experience and has witnessed much more to develope a stronger point of view than you have.

And I don't disagree. Let me restate my response to his post. I don't think the bickering will ever stop, that's why I think we're in trouble.

@Aeroflame Is that the only excuse people have? That it's Bush's fault? Like Obama can't fix one thing in 4 years.

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
You can't umm...

you cant blame obama when you're not really affected by their policies. you don't pay taxes, and you don't work from the looks of it.

He inherited all these problems, of course the deficit increased, we're still in iraq, and he's still tryna pull them back out. but you don't hear those guys on tv tell you about that :) they just hide that one piece of info that'd change it all.

I do have a job. Its not a job where i pay taxes because i didnt go through a hiring process but yes i have a job. Point denied there. And also it does affect me if it affects my parents well its going to affect me in some way like for example. My dad got laid off he was highest paid at his job when obama was elected now hes a cafeteria assistant working for school district getting paid every other month so that means we dont have enough money from my mom to keep having goodies in the cabnets(family of 6 + a exchange student) just thats how i see it. And i see it as if obama got reelected(i know he already did) i woukd suffer because small buisness's wont be able to higher more people because higher taxes. Thats as far as i got so dont be goin around saying high schoolers know nothing just because you feel that way about yourself. -razer out.

Zaonabiuibil
11-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Some people actually care about politics, it's not "oh he's 15, let his parents brainwash him". Now of course people like your parents have some influence, but that doesn't give anyone the right to assume people can't think for themselves.

People actually read-up on this, not just watch the commercials.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which is why I hate threads like this. It just leads to flaming and gets closed because neither side is going to convince the other.

It's "cool". Just wait for the U.S. to dig itself deeper into debt, I'm fine with that.

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Some people actually care about politics, it's not "oh he's 15, let his parents brainwash him". Now of course people like your parents have some influence, but that doesn't give anyone the right to assume people can't think for themselves.

People actually read-up on this, not just watch the commercials.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which is why I hate threads like this. It just leads to flaming and gets closed because neither side is going to convince the other.

It's "cool". Just wait for the U.S. to dig itself deeper into debt, I'm fine with that.
I bet ur parents told u to say that

;D

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 08:50 AM
My dad got laid off he was highest paid at his job when obama was elected now hes a cafeteria assistant working for school district getting paid every other month so that means we dont have enough money from my mom to keep having goodies in the cabnets(family of 6 + a exchange student) just thats how i see it. And i see it as if obama got reelected(i know he already did) i woukd suffer because small buisness's wont be able to higher more people because higher taxes. Thats as far as i got so dont be goin around saying high schoolers know nothing just because you feel that way about yourself. -razer out.

I graduated around June bud, and even then I walked 7 miles daily trying to find a job, and by the time i got home around 5, I was too tired to go anywhere with my friends. That was what I went through, and even then still no job. I just got one a couple of weeks ago and have to go to orientation later today. I didn't complain because there's billions of people in America, more qualified than me for a job, that still can't get one at all. I lucked out, and I'm thankful for that. People put extremely high standards on Obama thinking job flow would instantly reverse and everyone would suddenly get jobs. It doesn't work like that. Obama isn't gouging small businesses for money, but I'm sure that's what fox says. Do you really think Romney is gonna tax the rich much? even though he's known for setting up money outside of the country to dodge taxes... No. So either way, small businesses are gonna be taxed. It'll happen sooner or later, that's why I hate some of the republican media. They always say the right amount of words to make a guy look bad. Obama is trying to tax the big business properly first, and trying to make it easier on smaller ones. Most of this stuff is being hindered by republican representatives being backed by those big boys so it's gonna take more than four years.

Be thankful your peeps have a job at all bro :/

The only reason we're getting deeper into debt is because we were still fighting a war that we started during Bush's term. Please tell me how you're gonna pay for the war when you subsidize the rich. Subsidize is the opposite of tax btw. Romney wants us to keep troops there, though that will waste more of our money. Obama wants to train these dudes so they can arm themselves and fight their own wars, then we can pull out and stop wasting billions every week.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I've seen them call the end of the world over losing an election (both sides) quite a few times, and the bickering never stops, but somehow we go forward and the sky still hasn't fallen on democracy.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Excuse me, gents, but at this point the POTUS has a 2.5 million (2%) lead in the popular vote, and there aren't enough votes left to count for Romney to get the popular vote. (60.4M to 57.6M)

Also, the debt problem is easily fixed. End the Bush Tax Cuts. It's insane that, when the country needs to fix a debt problem caused by unnecessary wars and the foolish merging of real estate and stock market investments (so that when real estate prices tanked, there went the stocks, brilliant!), it's just nuts that we are letting the people who live of investments (gambling) be taxed at such low rates. Why are the workers taxed at twice the rate of the investors? Make the investors pay the same rates, and we'll get out of this soon enough.

I didn't read that, well put sir >.>

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks, Aero, but I should put up the opposing view for fairness. They feel that investments should be taxed lower to incentivize people to invest. I don't think so, myself. I think profit itself is enough motivation.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
I always say there are republicans out there that I can respect, because they have solid views on certain policies. I've met a few here; Lowly, mrsberry... they have my complete respect, and I have yet to apologize to lowly if I offended him from that last thread. We need republicans, but what I have a problem with are the ones who are supposed to be representing those genuine ones. Those guys project themselves as far-right radicals. You can't run a country based strictly on economics, as a businessman you should know someone will lose if you use that equation. In their case there are a lot of people losing. So the playing field needs to be balanced once again. Obama is willing to meet these guys halfway, most republicans in congress are not.

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I've seen them call the end of the world over losing an election (both sides) quite a few times, and the bickering never stops, but somehow we go forward and the sky still hasn't fallen on democracy.

To quote Ryan, "But we're going in the wrong direction. Look at where we are, barely limping along."

I realize you were only making a simple statement, but from a debate perspective, that was kinda weak. Just because America hasn't failed yet doesn't mean that it won't fail. Regardless of whether Obama is bad for the country or not, we cannot elect bad presidents or the economy WILL fail. There's no two ways about it.

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Honestly my whole view on politics is based on small govt
Imo their only job is to protect the people
Not regulate, not control, not pay, not give away free stuff
War is costly enough anyways, and at times it is necessary.
Cut everything else and we would be fine
Welfare should absolutely not be handled at a federal level its extremely impersonal, and is poorly regulated due to that
As a christian, i believe the whole welfare thing is the churches job, to help their communuties
Ofc i know many cannot fully do this or simply do not, in which case it should be handled in the most local level of govt as possible, not free handout, to make you dependent, much of what they give is very unnecessary and could be cut
My parents recently informed me that when we were younger they were able to recieve wellfare checks and foodstamps, but they didnt take it.
We never went without a meal, i never even comsidered us 'poor'
People need to learn to handle money themselves instead of the government giving free checks, phones, food.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 09:36 AM
It hasn't failed in the last 4 years. Let's see where it goes now. If it does, you have every right to come here and gloat, and we'll take it without complaining.

As for Ely, I can't really say I disagree with that, a lot of it is true, but fed. govt. is usually stuck picking up after what the states fail to do. But then again, who looooves big govt.?

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 10:05 AM
It hasn't failed in the last 4 years. Let's see where it goes now. If it does, you have every right to come here and gloat, and we'll take it without complaining.

As for Ely, I can't really say I disagree with that, a lot of it is true, but fed. govt. is usually stuck picking up after what the states fail to do. But then again, who looooves big govt.?

Gloat? Heavens no! I'm not here to prove that "I behs politician." If the economy fails, the last thing I'll be doing is gloating. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that point. Honestly, I don't think Obama will help anything. I think he will add another 8 trillion to the debt if not more. If he doesn't, and the economy improves and he turns out to be everything that people think he is, I won't be dissapointed. I'll be overjoyed! It's not about who's right. It's about if our country can handle another 4 years of Obama.

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM

It doesnt help when the federal govt overturns states personal decisions
Its like if you are given the job of chosing how to decorate a room, then who evers in charge comes in and says no thats not how we do it, kinda kills you spirit of trying, you know
Not great example but best i could come up with in 2 seconds lol

morfic
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
It's about if our country can handle another 4 years of Obama.

It is in my opinion that our country needed 4 more years of Obama. He started the ball rolling on many different initiatives that will help us in the long run. If Romney would have taken office, he would have put an end to many of those initiatives and rolled our progress back. He would have wasted much of Obama's effort, and wasted his own time trying to shift gears. It would have taken longer to get the economy on it's feet, and we would have been worse off for it. At least now we can finish what we started and climb out of this hole we are in.

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Lol, its funny to see people say how bad fox is. My point on that is all the rest tallk bad about stuff the other party is doing so dont go around saying this new media isnt doing it they're all guilty of it no matter what you watch

morfic
11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Lol, its funny to see people say how bad fox is. My point on that is all the rest tallk bad about stuff the other party is doing so dont go around saying this new media isnt doing it they're all guilty of it no matter what you watch

You must be blind if you cannot see how foxnews is the worst of the bunch... by far.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I think drinking certain kinds of Kool-Aid causes pessimism. I think they use the force of anger and helplessness for no other purpose than to earn money. It behooves them to continue to have a house divided against itself.

In order to maintaina democracy, you sometimes have to swallow your pill. In my life, half the time The guy I pick loses and half the time he wins. People on both sides exagerate and fake offense. They are not interested in real work, they only want to be the center of attention. So they grab ahold of an ideology and use it to avoid work. A pox on both their houses!

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 11:18 AM
You must be blind if you cannot see how foxnews is the worst of the bunch... by far.

I dont like how you shot down my opinion in that type of manor. And also from what ive seen everyone else during political reelection focuses on romney this romney that when fox goes obama this(bad) obama this(goodish) romney this(ehh) romney this(good). Thats hoe i saw it. They make it fair and equal and dont shoot down opinions because of political views *cough* and they may make smart jokes but who care? I like jokes lol something that keeps me interested. I also dont watch the news part of fox news. More so i would watch hanity and glenn beck, but glenn beck has his own channel "the blaze" so i dont really watch fox news for anything else.
Also if you dont mind say what obama has done good for the country in no less than 500 words. I wanna see what you come up wih out of curiousity

Walkhardd
11-08-2012, 11:36 AM

I dont like how you shot down my opinion in that type of manor. And also from what ive seen everyone else during political reelection focuses on romney this romney that when fox goes obama this(bad) obama this(goodish) romney this(ehh) romney this(good). Thats hoe i saw it. They make it fair and equal and dont shoot down opinions because of political views *cough* and they may make smart jokes but who care? I like jokes lol something that keeps me interested. I also dont watch the news part of fox news. More so i would watch hanity and glenn beck, but glenn beck has his own channel "the blaze" so i dont really watch fox news for anything else.
Also if you dont mind say what obama has done good for the country in no less than 500 words. I wanna see what you come up wih out of curiousity

Hannity and Beck are the definitions of fair and balanced.

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Hannity and Beck are the definitions of fair and balanced.

Thats all i watch. Lol, i dont know why people say its crap before asking what part of fox news you watch lol.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I will tell you, and I don't need 500 words.

As I was growing up, I was taught that democracy was the hope for freedom for all people in the world. I was taught that America has a mission to spread democracy to all people. I learned about the Constitution and came to understand that the Structure of the government, and the methods of citizen participation went beyond what I wanted. My desires, I came to understand, were only the desires of one person, and in a democracy, to get it my way, I would have to convince other people to my perspective.

So I joined the Navy and swore to defend the Constitution.

But after I got home from the service, I started seeing a DISTURBING PATTERN. Politicians in America were not respecting the democratic choices of people in other countries!!!!! This upset me terribly and I lost faith in humanity. It wasn't just one party, either. It was both. Carter supported the Contras. In fact, every President and every Secretary of State in my life, up till now, has thwarted democracy because of American business interests in other countries. It was embarassing.

See, if you believe in democracy, sometime you have to accept that the people voted the opposite of what you wanted. If you believe indemocracy, then it becomes time to be the loyal opposition. Or if it is another country, then you have to establish diplomatic relations with the leaders those people elected, even if they are the Muslim Brotherhood.

In the last four years, this has changed. The curesnt Secretary of State has enacted the current President's foreign policy of respecting the democratic decisions of people in other countries. That is why Obama said we don't know yet if Egypt is our friend. We hope so, and we resoect their choises, but it is up to them if they want to be our friend.

This change in American foreign policy is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Nobody else seems to have noticed, but I am an idealistic guy and this just won me over. Of course Netanyahu doesn't like it. But we have to respect the people of Israel, too, and they have to respect us, even when we disagree.

And in my deeply felt opinion, one must support democracy above business interests. Thank you, Mr. President, for making it so I don't have to feel shame for America's support of militRy dictators anymore!!!

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 11:57 AM
I will tell you, and I don't need 500 words.

As I was growing up, I was taught that democracy was the hope for freedom for all people in the world. I was taught that America has a mission to spread democracy to all people. I learned about the Constitution and came to understand that the Structure of the government, and the methods of citizen participation went beyond what I wanted. My desires, I came to understand, were only the desires of one person, and in a democracy, to get it my way, I would have to convince other people to my perspective.

So I joined the Navy and swore to defend the Constitution.

But after I got home from the service, I started seeing a DISTURBING PATTERN. Politicians in America were not respecting the democratic choices of people in other countries!!!!! This upset me terribly and I lost faith in humanity. It wasn't just one party, either. It was both. Carter supported the Contras. In fact, every President and every Secretary of State in my life, up till now, has thwarted democracy because of American business interests in other countries. It was embarassing.

See, if you believe in democracy, sometime you have to accept that the people voted the opposite of what you wanted. If you believe indemocracy, then it becomes time to be the loyal opposition. Or if it is another country, then you have to establish diplomatic relations with the leaders those people elected, even if they are the Muslim Brotherhood.

In the last four years, this has changed. The curesnt Secretary of State has enacted the current President's foreign policy of respecting the democratic decisions of people in other countries. That is why Obama said we don't know yet if Egypt is our friend. We hope so, and we resoect their choises, but it is up to them if they want to be our friend.

This change in American foreign policy is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Nobody else seems to have noticed, but I am an idealistic guy and this just won me over. Of course Netanyahu doesn't like it. But we have to respect the people of Israel, too, and they have to respect us, even when we disagree.

And in my deeply felt opinion, one must support democracy above business interests. Thank you, Mr. President, for making it so I don't have to feel shame for America's support of militRy dictators anymore!!!

Thanks for your opinion without me asking you. Yet i dont agree with democracy myself from personal expiriences aswell. So it flows two ways id say but thats from my young eyes.

morfic
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM

First and foremost, as previously stated. He slowed down the recession. He prevented us from going into another depression. I am surprised more people do not recognize this as a major accomplishment. We were in a bad way, and he came up with a measured recovery plan that has stopped the momentum of the recession and has many people saying that we are in recovery now. This is a huge deal.

Automotive Industry saved.

Wall Street reform.

Refocused on Afghanistan, instead of Iraq.

Holding prisoners in Guantanamo Bay for 8 years without charging them was acceptable under Bush's administration. Obama put an end to that.

Green energy and environmental endeavors have been pushed to the forefront, where it should be.

Made Education a national priority.

Universal health care (with a public option). No matter who you are, when you are sick you will have healthcare. It doesn't matter if people don't like it, it will help millions of people.

Restored international ties and has the best foreign policy we have seen in a long time.

Trying to get automatic weapons off the street. Why the hell do people need automatic weapons to go hunting?

Killed Osama bin laden.

Race to the top: 4.35 billion program of grants to reward states for education reform.

Raised fuel efficiency standards. By 2025 fuel enconomy for cars and trucks will almost double what they are now.

Expanded health coverage for children. This allowed CHIP to cover health care for 4 million new children, paid for by a tax increase on tobacco products.

Expanded stem cell research

Declared carbon dioxide a pollutant.

many many more small and big things.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Yet i dont agree with democracy myself from personal expiriences as well.

huh?! Sorry, but I'm flabbergasted! You don't believe in democracy? Then I don't know what to tell you. We have people dying for your freedoms. I'm stunned. I will not discuss this further.

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 01:02 PM
First and foremost, as previously stated. He slowed down the recession. He prevented us from going into another depression. I am surprised more people do not recognize this as a major accomplishment. We were in a bad way, and he came up with a measured recovery plan that has stopped the momentum of the recession and has many people saying that we are in recovery now. This is a huge deal.

Wall Street reform.

Holding prisoners in Guantanamo Bay for 8 years without charging them was acceptable under Bush's administration. Obama put an end to that.

Green energy and environmental endeavors have been pushed to the forefront, where it should be.

Universal health care (with a public option). No matter who you are, when you are sick you will have healthcare. It doesn't matter if people don't like it, it will help millions of people.

Restored international ties and has the best foreign policy we have seen in a long time.

Trying to get automatic weapons off the street. Why the hell do people need automatic weapons to go hunting?

Killed Osama bin laden.

Race to the top: 4.35 billion program of grants to reward states for education reform.

Raised fuel efficiency standards. By 2025 fuel enconomy for cars and trucks will almost double what they are now.

Expanded health coverage for children. This allowed CHIP to cover health care for 4 million new children, paid for by a tax increase on tobacco products.

Ill read it all later when i have the time

mysticmagicc
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM

lol we are doomed if you havent noticed

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
We are only doomed to have to live with each other. And no matter who won, that would be the case. Now let's start figuring out how to solve the financial problems and let's stop the fear mongering.

mysticmagicc
11-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Here's how you bring a country out of debt... Do illegal stuff such as selling drugs, weapons, etc. Or... RAISING TAXES. It's impossible for a leader to magically wave his wand and bring a country out of debt. There's always a downside. Romney could do no better than Obama, in my opinion. Politicians are just people drunk with power and sign things they never read.
Wow!!! thats like really gutsy to say

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Yet i dont agree with democracy myself from personal expiriences as well.

huh?! Sorry, but I'm flabbergasted! You don't believe in democracy? Then I don't know what to tell you. We have people dying for your freedoms. I'm stunned. I will not discuss this further.
Actually i am not a fan of a pure democracy
I think republics are a far better system
Ours is a mix of the two...for now

A republic, if you can keep it

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM

No offense bro, I haven't disagreed with anyone on this entire forum more than you. We must literally be opposites. Every single thing that you've stated about politics has been the opposite of my belief...

Cahaun
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM

Wall Street reform.

Killed Osama bin laden.

Obama never killed Bin Laden. The SEAL team members are the ones to praise for that.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 04:59 PM
No offense bro, I haven't disagreed with anyone on this entire forum more than you. We must literally be opposites. Every single thing that you've stated about politics has been the opposite of my belief...

You are also opposite of me, Micah. Fox News is just as biased as CBS.

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Tbh nothing political is every gonna be unbiased theres too much emotion to not let your beliefs come through the topic

morfic
11-08-2012, 05:14 PM

No offense at all man. There's no problem with having opposite views. I may think the far right conservatives who seem to only care about old rich white men are bat-crazy, but I am sure just as many people think I am bat-crazy. :p

Obama never killed Bin Laden. The SEAL team members are the ones to praise for that.

Thats a narrow view. Obama made the call. Without his approval, the seals would have never accomplished it. If you wanted to go deeper than that, then the only reason Obama made the call, was because of Bush putting us into this situation in the first place. So maybe we should thank Bush?

Obama made the decision, and the call for the assault on Bin Laden. So there is praise to be had for him.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Fox blocked chris christie from their interviews the second he praised obama on helping during the sandy case... No one is blaming fox, its just reeeeally obvious where they stand.

Zaonabiuibil
11-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Killed Osama bin laden.

Truth. Morfy, the hunt was going on for awhile. It just so happened that it ended during Obama's term.

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
No offense at all man. There's no problem with having opposite views. I may think the far right conservatives who seem to only care about old rich white men are bat-crazy, but I am sure just as many people think I am bat-crazy. :p

:-)

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Fox blocked chris christie from their interviews the second he praised obama on helping during the sandy case... No one is blaming fox, its just reeeeally obvious where they stand.

I'm curious to know what you think of CNN...?

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
let's just agree to disagree... I feel like I just lost a friend to my carelessness :/

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 05:46 PM

I don't care for CNN either. They're biased as well. I don't want a news company that offers its opinion, I just want the friggin news.

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM

I don't care for CNN either. They're biased as well. I don't want a news company that offers its opinion, I just want the friggin news.
Wait for the robot takeover ;D

morfic
11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
CNN is bad as well. I just think Foxnews has more raving lunatics than CNN. Like Karl Rove, and Bill O'Reilly. I feel there are more guys with torches and pitchforks at foxnews.

While CNN is definitely biased, and it shows.. I don't see them going on the attack quite as hard as fox. Fox even tells boldfaced lies constantly (I admit most of these lies come from bill o'reilly, and you can't judge the entire thing based on one person... but it definitely doesn't help their case)

morfic
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Truth. Morfy, the hunt was going on for awhile. It just so happened that it ended during Obama's term.

The hunt was going on. But Obama did make the call, and lead the search that eventually found him. Bush did not give the call and gather the intelligence needed to find him. Nor did they just find and kill him during Obama's presidency without him having a part in it. I see what you are saying, but you have to give him some praise for it.

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree with you guys. CNN and Fox News suck, although I have to admit, I do really admire Glenn Beck. Sure he's biased, but not without good reason. IMO

morfic
11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm predicting that red will have a hard time getting back into office the way things are going. Obama has lit a fire under many previous non-voters. If a republican wants to take office again, I really think they are going to have to take a much different stance on Immigrants, Women, and the LGBT community.

Not to mention their stances don't really appeal to a majority of American minorities and poverty stricken people. I felt like Romney their best choice this year, based on his moderate stance on things... but I think they will have to do more than that.

Walkhardd
11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Glenn beck is trolling everyone. He has to be. He is somewhat entertaining, though.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Point is, the people on TV who get paid to instigate this crap are the ones that set us on this warpath. Ann coulter for example. You guys think she's really that right-wing? she's getting paid to say all that mess, same with karl rove, john cafferty, and maybe even glenn beck. and when people waste time arguing, and it only puts the country at a gridlock. If 4 or 5 sensible people went into a room and talked about politics without stepping on each other's toes, something would get done. For crying out loud if you watch these open floor discussions, and you look into some of these people's facial expressions, you can tell someone's about to throw a chair.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 06:25 PM
^this...

Who would pay $10m/yr to a gasbag unless he's saying whatever you want him to say?

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Glenn beck is trolling everyone. He has to be. He is somewhat entertaining, though.

Treu story^^ hes funny too!

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I want everyone to know feel free to post your opinion and if someone randomly defriends you because it they shouldnt have been a friend in the first place lol. Now back to the topic...

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I lost a friend who got the wrong impression of me. well... hope i didn't. Anyways its not about trying to make the other team see your point, it gets annoying trying to play defense when people start attacking with empty claims.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
^this...

Who would pay $10m/yr to a gasbag unless he's saying whatever you want him to say?

I'd hate obama on tv too if im getting paid like that

Don't judge me >.<

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I lost a friend who got the wrong impression of me. well... hope i didn't. Anyways its not about trying to make the other team see your point, it gets annoying trying to play defense when people start attacking with empty claims.

Strange people o.O

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd hate obama on tv too if im getting paid like that

Don't judge me >.<

WE all would lol

KingFu
11-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I still find it funny seeing two teenagers argue with two grown men about politics...

Noodleleg
11-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I still find it funny seeing two teenagers argue with two grown men about politics...

Should I join? You know I'm good at arguments ;)!

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 10:25 PM

you're entitled to an opinion. This isnt an arguement. More so two clashing opinions with good points where i seemlessly interject and spew my opinion. Feel free to do so if not feel free to read :)

Aeroflame
11-09-2012, 07:40 AM
The fact that this thread hasn't been closed suggests that there is still some level of civility. But ya. Idk... I don't think myst is bashing your opinions because of your age, he's bashing your opinion cuz of your age, he's bashing your age because of your opinion, which is a bit of a gray area. I'm 18, so my opinions were taken with a grain of salt not too long ago.

razerfingers
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM
The fact that this thread hasn't been closed suggests that there is still some level of civility. But ya. Idk... I don't think myst is bashing your opinions because of your age, he's bashing your opinion cuz of your age, he's bashing your age because of your opinion, which is a bit of a gray area. I'm 18, so my opinions were taken with a grain of salt not too long ago.

I see, but still i feel everyone should be entitled to an opinion regardless of age. But thats me.

morfic
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
I see, but still i feel everyone should be entitled to an opinion regardless of age. But thats me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, most opinions by kids are nurtured by their parents as they are raised. It really takes being in the real world for a while, working to support a family, etc.. to understand a lot of things these debates are about. Most (MOST) kids just repeat what they hear their parents, or their school friends saying.

razerfingers
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, most opinions by kids are nurtured by their parents as they are raised. It really takes being in the real world for a while, working to support a family, etc.. to understand a lot of things these debates are about. Most (MOST) kids just repeat what they hear their parents, or their school friends saying.

From my point of view i see it a lot but i also understand the debates and i know everh president isnt going to do what they say they wil to an extent but some people are butt hurt because apparently romney was taking away some womens rights. Like abortion. I dont see how a woman can get away with killing her child not go to jail and some guy kills a man and goes to jail, hows that fair? Murder is murder she should serve time as well and thats my opinion.

Snakespeare
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
ikr... until you have children it's not realistic. For instance, the health insurance companies used to be able to deny paying for stuff that they can't refuse anymore. If you have no family you are responsible for, if you don't have a family budget, it is impossible for you to understand how important it is to bring the health insurance companies under control. At this time I am paying over 5K a year for my family's health insurance, and I have had to be subject to their whims without any government control. Too often, to get them to pay a bill, you would have to go to court.

Now when I look at the Wikipedia page about the Affordable Health Care Act and it says, on this day they have to start covering X and on this day they have to start covering Y, etc... I look down that list and RIGHT THERE are the reasons why I voted for Obama. Clinton was supposed to do all that. Hillary took on the project but Bill was unable to get her ideas passed. And it's not all I wanted, either. It's just a start.

As a father and now a grandfather, I find in the end that people come first in my book, and even though I've strayed from my Catholic roots, I still believe in the Beatitudes and the Two Greatest Commandments, so I'm a Democrat.

chukie
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah obama wooooo!

morfic
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Abortion is an extremely complicated issue. You have the people who say it's not bad to abort the embryonic process, because they are not formed yet. It's aborting "possible life", not murder yet.

Then you have the people who say it is better to abort a fetus than let it be born to parents that don't want it or give a crap anyway, which could lead to the parents really murdering it after it is born and leaving it in a dumpster. Or just filling more foster homes with it.

Then you have the people who just think abortion will help our overpopulation dilemma.

I am pro-choice, but the idea of abortion does sadden me. I just understand its better for a lot of people, the world, (and the pre-children) in the long run. I do, however, think their should be stipulations. If the applicant has not been using protection or birth control, and they are sane of mind with a job, they should be refused. Carelessness shouldn't let you end a possible life.

razerfingers
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Abortion is an extremely complicated issue. You have the people who say it's not bad to abort the embryonic process, because they are not formed yet. It's aborting "possible life", not murder yet.

Then you have the people who say it is better to abort a fetus than let it be born to parents that don't want it or give a crap anyway, which could lead to the parents really murdering it after it is born and leaving it in a dumpster. Or just filling more foster homes with it.

Then you have the people who just think abortion will help our overpopulation dilemma.

I am pro-choice, but the idea of abortion does sadden me. I just understand its better for a lot of people, the world, (and the pre-children) in the long run. I do, however, think their should be stipulations. If the applicant has not been using protection or birth control, and they are sane of mind with a job, they should be refused. Carelessness shouldn't let you end a possible life.

You're actually wrong in first paragraph thing. A baby has a heart beat at 18 days old. 18 days.. now you tell me that isnt murder yet?

Samhayne
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Folks, not making any type of judgement at all on this but this discussion is not for our forums.

Thread closed.