PDA

View Full Version : Hey AL, I'm a little furious with our Guild Name...

XghostzX
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
In Pocket Legends, our Guild Name is "Unity". We have one member in our guild who has access to AL because he's from Australia, and has told us that Unity is already taken. It's just extremely frustrating how easy it is for people to "steal" your identity. Someone already took my name "Ghost" and our well-known guild "Unity" all because the game wasn't fully released.

Sorry for the rant.

CrimsonTider
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
In Pocket Legends, our Guild Name is "Unity". We have one member in our guild who has access to AL because he's from Australia, and has told us that Unity is already taken. It's just extremely frustrating how easy it is for people to "steal" your identity. Someone already took my name "Ghost" and our well-known guild "Unity" all because the game wasn't fully released.

Sorry for the rant.

I have already pm'ed a couple of GM's of their guild names being taken. I said last week that this would become an issue.

As far as "Ghost" goes, might wanna pm Octavos. I believe his SL and DL name is Ghost and he may have been the one who reserved it.

Rare
11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I have already pm'ed a couple of GM's of their guild names being taken. I said last week that this would become an issue.

As far as "Ghost" goes, might wanna pm Octavos. I believe his SL and DL name is Ghost and he may have been the one who reserved it.

He is (Octavos).

As for guild names, that sucks. Hopefully it was someone in the guild or someone you know.

LwMark
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
People get off on doin theae type of things

NiN
11-07-2012, 10:05 AM
I played with ghost yesterday and i thought it was you lol

EliB
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Sorry for the rant.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Octavos reserved the name "Ghost" I mean I've know him for a long time and he's has always had "Ghost" as an ign and about the guild I believe sts should also have a reserving feature for that because it does cause a lot of drama... :S

Cero
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
We feel you .
When DL Guild was Applied someone took oir guild name. We were upset.... We hunt down the GM lol......and asked him if we could get the guild. Offered him good cash to buy the guild but we failed.... Nothing we can do but decide another name.

octavos
11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
I do apologize for the inconvenience that I have caused you Will, truly I am. I have been Ghost since day 1 of SL and as I recall you were not "Ghost" in PL till support helped you out (the original went inactive). I would have parted with my name, but since im ghost in "3" games its will not happen any time soon. Once again Im sorry, I meant no hard feelings towards this situation, but each one of us has worked on our identities. It makes us who we are and how we can be trusted to other members of STS.

As for guilds, GM should have the right to reserve guild name....my 2 gold coins.

Will, if you want to chat send me a PM.

Skeokateva
11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Would like the options to reserve guild name too. Would mitigate this problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ninjaduck
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Successful troll :D

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Some toon named barbie is suposed GM of AL unity. If that sheds any light on this issue

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

XghostzX
11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I do apologize for the inconvenience that I have caused you Will, truly I am. I have been Ghost since day 1 of SL and as I recall you were not "Ghost" in PL till support helped you out (the original went inactive). I would have parted with my name, but since im ghost in "3" games its will not happen any time soon. Once again Im sorry, I meant no hard feelings towards this situation, but each one of us has worked on our identities. It makes us who we are and how we can be trusted to other members of STS.

As for guilds, GM should have the right to reserve guild name....my 2 gold coins.

Will, if you want to chat send me a PM.

Octavos, don't worry about the name. It's all good, I know you've had it longer than I have. I'm just mad that Unity is taken...

Superduper
11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Everyone has the opportunity to reserve their name.

XghostzX
11-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Everyone has the opportunity to reserve their name.

I'm not talking about the name, I'm talking about guild names. Nobody had the opportunity to reserve them.

Superduper
11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm not talking about the name, I'm talking about guild names. Nobody had the opportunity to reserve them.

I understand that. But you were also complaining about your in game name. But the stealing of guild names is wrong. Because yes, there isnt a way to reserve the guild names. I still fully agree with your complaint about guild names. I would be pissed if someone stole my guild's name.

Back
11-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I wonder if the other top guild's names are taken...

gundamsone
11-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I have talked with the person who took unity in game.

the reason why she took it is b/c your guild chose to rush her 3v1 style end game and laughed about it

so gg karma makes a comeback

edit: i can try and help you get the guild back, but atm I do not have anything to offer that user for the name.

Walkhardd
11-07-2012, 07:38 PM

the reason why she took it is b/c your guild chose to rush her 3v1 style end game and laughed about it

edit: i can try and help you get the guild back, but atm I do not have anything to offer that user for the name.

I feel bad for Barbie then. She spent rl money because she was butt hurt about dying in a game she played on her phone.

Go see a shrink.

gundamsone
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
RL money? it cost 3.5k gold to make a guild and you were getting 12k a day off dailies.
And from that last comment i'm not going to waste my time getting back your guild name.
If running around rushing 3v1 and trolling is fine with you, then I guess taking someone else's guild name is also fine

btw I also have a problem with your guild and a few members in it so it's not just her.

Walkhardd
11-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Didn't realize it was only 3.5k.

Still immature to take a well known guilds name because of some grudge you hold in another game.

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Blind has been taken, being Blind in PL/SL and any other game that he plays.

Akfury (Made up name) = Taken because someone is either trolling or "butt hurt" because he's a ProNaab in PvP.

Like Gundam has stated "Unity" was taken due to a grudge.

Think StS should help out, and make things right in these instances as many are accustomed to their name and have spent $100's on their accounts.

If taken and had no clue then fair enough, but copying IGN's from other Titles/Forum is another thing all together.

Any name taken like that, are hoping/looking for a retaliation/rise out of them. If they choose to main that guild/char after a well know StS player/member then they will never get any peace and trolled/annoyed at every turn.

Aracnus
11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I think the "reserve this guild for..." would be a really cool feature to add in. Gives those with the guild less stress, and the member inside less too.

And, as Bod stated many names have been taking beacue so-and-so player was trolling on my thread, or beat me in PvP, or scammed me off an item. I feel bad for Blind because he's an all around baws. and AK because he's a "Pro Naab". I especially feel bad for you WIll, because your name "Sonic" was already taken by a nub in AL with the forum name Ephesius :(

Ark
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I reserved my names and crap, so I'm not worry about that.

Also, about Barbie taking the guild name. That sucks, but can't really do anything about it.

XghostzX
11-07-2012, 09:34 PM

Since when is Karma playing PvP? If the person is dissatisfied, simply leave the game. Have some maturity.

I'm definitely going to try and talk to Barbie...

Anyways, thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate Octavos and other's chiming in, you guys are the best.

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Other's that have "reserved" their name, still show as available when choosing it. So don't fully count on that. (Even though Plat was spent to reserve them)

Deadbite
11-07-2012, 09:36 PM
RL money? it cost 3.5k gold to make a guild and you were getting 12k a day off dailies.
And from that last comment i'm not going to waste my time getting back your guild name.
If running around rushing 3v1 and trolling is fine with you, then I guess taking someone else's guild name is also fine

btw I also have a problem with your guild and a few members in it so it's not just her.

Thank you for saying what many want to say! I noticed when many unity members (not the nice and friendly
Ones, you know who you are:)) gets killed 1v1 they get mad and end up rushing or they get angry... Also they rage and complain when you team them or rush them. And turn around and 3v1 you... They wonder why... I've seen it happen ,it has happened to me. Unity thinks they are the "PL Rushing Police" and if you and a friend ex friend or even ex guild or a guild vs your guild rush each other or anything they feel that they must intervene and kill you or the other person... Who ever took the unity guild name good job keep it and never let it go 3v1 okay well lets take your precious little name :) gf now Who got the last laugh? Excuse me for the rant but I'm just tired of this "Unity" sh*t...
Js unity you have become full of your selfs.... Went from the 1v1 go to just let's kill this newb and if he fights back we team him!! And claim he started it!! Rant over thanks for reading.

Deadbite
11-07-2012, 09:37 PM
And just for clarification what I said DOESNOT apply to all unity members I have friends in that guild it's just that select few that make them look bad

Heroelite
11-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Didn't realize it was only 3.5k.

Still immature to take a well known guilds name because of some grudge you hold in another game.
I know you guys are upset but it is a different game than pl. I think she had every right to take that guild name.

Edit: Oops I was wrong looks like "barbie" is just a little 10 year old doing this just to make you all mad my apologies.

\/

gundamsone
11-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Just went to get this out there.

I did a friendly FFA in alien map 5v5 and there was a unity member there. So i killed this bear and he couldn't kill me after many attempts.
Right after in arena he rushes me and calls in his buds.
If this is how your guild runs, then she has all the right to get you guys back in any way she wants to.

TEOKILLO
11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Post disappeared D:

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
If this is how your guild runs, then she has all the right to get you guys back in any way she wants to.

Very mature solution, and these are the reason I believe StS should step in and right what has been wronged.

Ghosti
11-07-2012, 10:40 PM

Other's that have "reserved" their name, still show as available when choosing it. So don't fully count on that. (Even though Plat was spent to reserve them)

Duuude you serious?? o.O I'm worried now :(

PvE
11-07-2012, 10:56 PM
This is true, I reserved the named muffin and was able to get the name off another account not reserved to the account. I was wondering if its a glitch, I also know my bud in al reserved the name pvp and did not get because it was taken.

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Duuude you serious?? o.O I'm worried now :(

I wouldn't worry, we paid Plat/Money for the name, so even if there is some bug allowing it, nothing Support can't handle, and if not a raging mob will be on it's way I ensure that. ;p

Just means will take longer, to play if so.

gundamsone
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Very mature solution, and these are the reason I believe StS should step in and right what has been wronged.
AL is a different game. Unity in PL has no copyright over any name in AL. I really don't get why people in another game think they have the right to a name just b/c they made a name for themselves in that game. Someone took my pl in game name. Am i pissed? no I just picked a different name and moved on.

That being said I just talked to Barbie in game. She told me it was not so much of a revenge decision to take the name. She really liked Unity but she wanted Unity to be a good guild in AL and rush free. And she thinks she's the right person for the GM.

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Nope, it's just common courtesy.

eugene9707
11-07-2012, 11:53 PM
That being said I just talked to Barbie in game. She told me it was not so much of a revenge decision to take the name. She really liked Unity but she wanted Unity to be a good guild in AL and rush free. And she thinks she's the right person for the GM.

TBH, its easier to "control" the guild if its small,

but it gets harder if you have a 1000+ people guild, and maybe with about 50+ player online at once,
its hard to control what the members do, and the GM/ officers can't always be there watching out if the members do anything "wrong"

plus there's isnt any "filter" to prevent the recruiters from recruiting those "bad people" or so called "rushers" or "spammers" etc.

I doubt anyone would like to have rude people in their guild, but it just happens, and its hard to pick them out one by one ....

nuff said, its hard to be perfect, those "bad people" or so called "rushers" or "spammers" etc. will still manage to sneak in and ruin people's fun

Walkhardd
11-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Please don't start rushing talk in AL....

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 01:06 AM
AL is a different game. Unity in PL has no copyright over any name in AL. I really don't get why people in another game think they have the right to a name just b/c they made a name for themselves in that game. Someone took my pl in game name. Am i pissed? no I just picked a different name and moved on.

Id suggest you let barbie speak for herself. I see you're wrong in a few posts im sure if it was you you would be mad aswell if! You spend $100+ on this game to make a name and known for good pvp players. I myself would be disappointed to see someone running around as razerfingers so i got apk. And was sure as hell to grab it. Since i spent a lot of money and time for people to know who i am and what i do.

vampinoy
11-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Someone got it, you just have to suck it up (or buy that name from the guy) and find a new one just like everyone else...:D That's how it usually works...unless you're feeling extra special...:D

Lady_Pebbles
11-08-2012, 01:49 AM
For the love of PvP... There is no such thing as "Rushers" or "Rushing". People have their own styles of PvP. If I want to FFA, god dang it I will effen FFA. If people want to 1v1 make a private match and go 1v1. Don't get mad at me or my team for being faster than you. You want a "fair" fight? Make sure you got a team to back your butt up. Otherwise, just start whoopin' that booty & call it a day. Can't handle or don't like the other styles of PvP? Find another match.

Smh. I swear, turn based PvP needs to stay in table top and text based games. Hell, at least keep them in the matches designed for 1v1 (create them in the other games too if theres a demand for it.. doesn't matter). Don't bring that into matches designed for team work.

Also, I agree with Bod, & Walkhardd; there should be an option to reserve guild names & keep the "rush" talk out of AL. Remember, its a different game so don't be pist when you see a hell of a lot of players like me who love true FFA style pvp just going at it. I don't wait for "Go?/ok go" bs. Map loads, its on like DK in this mofo... & I expect the same from my opponent.

Lets do this honey boo boo. RAWR xD

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 01:52 AM
For the love of PvP... There is no such thing as "Rushers" or "Rushing". People have their own styles of PvP. If I want to FFA, god dang it I will effen FFA. If people want to 1v1 make a private match and go 1v1. Don't get mad at me or my team for being faster than you. You want a "fair" fight? Make sure you got a team to back your butt up. Otherwise, just start whoopin' that booty & call it a day. Can't handle or don't like the other styles of PvP? Find another match.

Smh. I swear, turn based PvP needs to stay in table top and text based games. Hell, at least keep them in the matches designed for 1v1 (create them in the other games too if theres a demand for it.. doesn't matter). Don't bring that into matches designed for team work.

Also, I agree with Bod, & Walkhardd; there should be an option to reserve guild names & keep the "rush" talk out of AL. Remember, its a different game so don't be pist when you see a hell of a lot of players like me who love true FFA style pvp just going at it. I don't wait for "Go?/ok go" bs. Map loads, its on like DK in this mofo... & I expect the same from my opponent.

Lets do this honey boo boo. RAWR xD

Lol, i got lost because i was a paragraph of purple but yes i play by my own rules in pvp :) tos doesnt say i cant

gundamsone
11-08-2012, 01:52 AM

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't be mad because I don't think like you.
I'm more open minded you see. And guilds don't cost $100 neither do names.
You sir are very very childish and need to open up a bit...b/c this is the real world and it doesn't revolve around you hun

Barbie i'd suggest you request a lock on your thread. You're just attracting immature kids who are angry b/c you supposedly "took" something of theirs

Lol! This kid thinks im imature? I beg to differ. In my culture people say their opinions. Internet is not america as far as free speech but i can and do have a right to an opinion amd its kone of your buisness how old i am.

Flawless
11-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Didn't know these games were rated m for mature audiences

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Didn't know these games were rated m for mature audiences

I like you. You funny fellow

gundamsone
11-08-2012, 02:25 AM

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 02:31 AM
WDF makes you think i'm American?
This is why I think you're a very close minded individual.

Free speech yes but if your opinion does not good then don't say it? no one needs to know what you think

Haha, okay thenn. Later gator

WarTornBird
11-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Lol! This kid thinks im imature? I beg to differ. In my culture people say their opinions. Internet is not america as far as free speech but i can and do have a right to an opinion amd its kone of your buisness how old i am.

WDF makes you think i'm American?
This is why I think you're a very close minded individual.

Free speech yes but if your opinion does not good then don't say it? no one needs to know what you think

I hate to say it Gund, but, that's kind of the point of free speech. Cause it doesn't matter what other folks think about what you think. Hence "free" speech.

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 02:40 AM
I hate to say it Gund, but, that's kind of the point of free speech. Cause it doesn't matter what other folks think about what you think. Hence "free" speech.

Thank you for explaining. I got tired of trying to beat a dead horse with him lol

Mrsberry
11-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Thank you guys for this thread gave me some entertainment while waiting for my phone to charge to play some sts games. :strawberry:

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Thank you guys for this thread gave me some entertainment while waiting for my phone to charge to play some sts games. :strawberry:

Yw, np anytime berry. :)

gundamsone
11-08-2012, 05:49 AM

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 06:02 AM
I am really saddened to see all these arguments happening...during a limited release of a game I am eagerly awaiting to play. I can see the annoyance of PL Unity members as they have made an image in PL and when people playing AL see Unity they think they are the same people. I wonder if Sam has any comments on the reasons why Character names could be reserved but not guild names? Once answered I think this topic too should be closed as there is already a topic about Barbie taking the Unity name.

Makes me think even m ore that there shoul dbe a server wipe so 1st come 1st served...

Remember its only a game...there are worse things going on in the world than arguments on people taking other peoples names/guild names.

If my name is taken...I just use another one and let people know my new name

Asifrausa
11-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I am really saddened to see all these arguments happening...during a limited release of a game I am eagerly awaiting to play. I can see the annoyance of PL Unity members as they have made an image in PL and when people playing AL see Unity they think they are the same people. I wonder if Sam has any comments on the reasons why Character names could be reserved but not guild names? Once answered I think this topic too should be closed as there is already a topic about Barbie taking the Unity name.

Makes me think even m ore that there shoul dbe a server wipe so 1st come 1st served...

Remember its only a game...there are worse things going on in the world than arguments on people taking other peoples names/guild names.

If my name is taken...I just use another one and let people know my new name

I agree with the name taking statement.
But the statement about the taking others guild names are something that should be avoided seriously, before you put a name to your guild you should check before you use them.
Oh well we are just human mistake can be made everyday.

Rare
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM

Lol that's exactly what I was going to post.

Technique
11-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Blind has been taken, being Blind in PL/SL and any other game that he plays.

Akfury (Made up name) = Taken because someone is either trolling or "butt hurt" because he's a ProNaab in PvP.

Like Gundam has stated "Unity" was taken due to a grudge.

Think StS should help out, and make things right in these instances as many are accustomed to their name and have spent $100's on their accounts.

If taken and had no clue then fair enough, but copying IGN's from other Titles/Forum is another thing all together.

Any name taken like that, are hoping/looking for a retaliation/rise out of them. If they choose to main that guild/char after a well know StS player/member then they will never get any peace and trolled/annoyed at every turn.

I have the name Blind in AL, I didn't think he stilled played and if he did figured he would of reserved it. Either way if you see him tell him to PM me and ill gladly give it to him.

LwMark
11-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I think its funny how Barbie says that they like the name an wanted to make a very helpful guild in AL, blah blah...
Well first its already gettin a bad name because everyone knows Barbie is not the original leader from PL, so the guilds name is already gettin a bad start off, no omes goin to wanna join it, if people are always sayin somethin bad about it or rushes them or somethin, very helpful huh? Lol
BUT sts should have a guild reservation for sure, cause technically they did get the name first come.first serve, even though it is wrong.
Still they took the name for the wrong reason, they knew this was gonna all get started, im aure its the same person who took COT?
Lol

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Why dont the PL unity just have the guild <The REAL Unity> :)

JaytB
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I feel for you ghost.

The same happened for COT. Someone who I won't name here found it necessary to make a guild with our name. So yeah, you're not alone.

Childish? Definitely. Not much you can do though I guess.

And I agree with some suggestions made here that guild names should also be possible to be reserved in the future.

Ephesius
11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
You guys its just pixels, and its just a name, if you wanted your name you shouldve reserved it if you didnt resvere your name from pocket legends and if its a common cool name then its going to be taken. You don't need to ask the owner of the name in pocket legends if its free in arcane legends, because I wouldnt. I have actually not taking the name sonic because it was already taken
I have only two names in Arcane legends.
Dont get mad if someone else takes your name accidently or purposly because since we live in Canada ontario we have the rightd to play the game. Which means we have the rights to all and any names except for the devs mods or reserved names.

Guild names are up for the grabs. If you don't live in Canada or austrialia then ohwell we do. But im not gonbs take guild name because I like to be guildless

If its not against the tos then you can do it

Bous
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Forreal ^^

Samhayne
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Please have Shiloo read this post http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74463-Guild-Name-Reservations-for-Arcane-Legends and then contact us.

Thanks!