PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying things in AL...

Justg
11-07-2012, 10:39 AM
As we tick closer to global launch, we really want to get the game shaped up for the masses.

We'll be handling economy discussions in a different thread (still changes going in today), so here we would like to know, specifically:

What major annoyances do you have with the game with regards to:

- Pets
- UI
- Balance
- Combat
- Skills
- Itemization
- Social
- End Game

Thanks!

CrimsonTider
11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Guild names will be an issue (already is).

Rare
11-07-2012, 10:49 AM
As we tick closer to global launch, we really want to get the game shaped up for the masses.

We'll be handling economy discussions in a different thread (still changes going in today), so here we would like to know, specifically:

- Pets
- UI
- Balance
- Combat
- Skills
- Itemization
- Social
- End Game

Thanks!

- UI

Not being able to rotate the screen is extremely frustrating sometimes. I think a feature similar to other Spacetime games would be good (lock in settings) for those that prefer a locked angle.

- Social

No ability to host/boot. Very frustrating when playing a map with 3 afk players that just sit there making it very difficult to play.

Astrocat
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Camera Rotation! We need it!

Superduper
11-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Haven't played yet, but camera rotation will be a huge problem for me.

octavos
11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
-Itemization-
Vanities have been a driving force for me

-Balance-
"leveling" i want to be able to pop in collect my allies "maybe add more xp options" and jump out. DL really pushes for casual play unlike other batterie killing games (PL/SL). Staying competitive is really annoying if it takes you tons of time. :ghost:

Mages need a mana regen greater then all the classes...since all classes have a group heal.....and a Rev XD

-Economy- *ill move this to the new thread :p
I believe gold should be easily obtained...but in a reasonable amount...everything should scale as you level which would balance as the levels increase to 50+
pots/pet feeding/store chests/daily missions/regular mobs and bosses....DL does the mechanics wonderfully even a lv 31 can do the very 1st mission and DL and still can die :D

-Social-
AKA: Anti-Social.....Locking my game, sometimes I solo...hate when ppl join if Im trying to farm.

-UI-
Camera rotation should be locked for new ppl in game, and give the option to people to unlock it. i want to be able to place the camera right behind me to play like a real 3rd person... Similar to DL camera.

Rolocoaster
11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Camera rotation! This is so frustrating not being able to rotate angle in al

NiN
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Camera rotation indeed

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Camera rotation. And also being able to see how much xp til next level would be wonderful on avatar page lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Rare
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Someone should write a Brady Games Guide for PL/SL/DL/AL.

EgyLegend
11-07-2012, 11:39 AM
- UI : moving character by tapping on screen would be a good addition ,and also as many guys said here camera rotation.

- Balance : Rouge and Mage die from like 2 hits against some bosses (early ones) and not even solo,
& also price of health/mana potions in guildhall isnt much different from that in town n still expensive & same thing in feeding pet.

- Skills : Absence of revive gives us hard times specially with the long maps in AL.

- Itemization : stats of items in decimals like 2.3 or 5.6 is really annoying and gives a hard time to read and think :D it would be better if it was in more recognisable and large numbers.

- Social : not being anble to invite other players,
also it would be better if theres a message button when u press on a party member on the left of the screen.

Patricks
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I really dislike not being able to see what a weapon looks like if it's not for your class.

Vystirch
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Would need rouges to have a better soloing chance.

PvE
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
- Not being able to lock games
A huge issue people are annoied about is people who they dont want joining into a game causing monsters to be stronger and leveling alot slower. I always get matched with people who do little group effort and makes a 5min instant run 30mins of annoyance.

Mitchturbo
11-07-2012, 12:44 PM
The heal on sorcerers not being worth using. The heal tree does minimum mana regen and health regen for what we need it to.
I replaced that with the shield now as that keeps me alive longer than heal did. But now I can't heal mana at all unless I spam mana potions.
Oh that's right. Can't afford them now either because of the Dailys being nerfed and the potions haven't been reduced yet lol.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with AL. Although getting pets is a lot harder now. Still can't get the frog and the turtle and I'm pretty sure I recieved them packs after doing the quests.

The hauntlet tokens don't seem to be showing on the hauntlet trader screen. Says insufficient.

Oh yes last thing. When players appear in our zones. The enemies get a lot tougher and I'm usually half way or near the end. So although there are new players, I'm the one getting killed or draining mana and potions because those players are just standing at the begining or taking there time to walk because of how long the lvls are.
So i recommend not raiseing the difficulty of the enemies. Or not until the other players are in range to actually help and recive the pain my sorcerer gets.

akfury
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Haven't got to play it yet but camera rotation and some type of rev...

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Sam said the following:

Regarding the camera rotation, this is by design. We have seen from other Legends games that new users can get really confused with the camera rotation vs. character movement. So, we have designed the game so you don’t need to rotate your camera to play!

I found that the lack of rotation was incredibly annoying. It was without doubt the top annoyance. When I read the reason, it doesn't make sense to me. Are there backlogs of emails from new users complaining that they are confused? Because the topic never comes up here in the forums where people will rage quit over a hangnail. Is there another reason? Does rotation take up bandwidth? Because we know rotation is part of the game engine. It probably took an effort to disable it. I sure hope you reconsider this decision.

Ephesius
11-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Host and join games should be added, Love playing with lower levels, annoying always playing with high levels

Back
11-07-2012, 02:16 PM
It would be better if we can host/join games.. Just like in PL.. I don't want to waste my time waiting for someone to come and join me..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Flawless
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Not being able to host private games; really annoying when a lv8 joins elite maps.
Can't see the text on some items.
Characters are balanced, just find the right equips, I can solo almost every map on my rogue.

Cero
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
social - no pretext/preset messaging

Itemazition -
1 no item preview on trade and other class weapons and stats.
-I like to compare my current item to the one that im buying.
-I want to see if this item would be cool for my alt.

2. making used/leveled pets to be tradable.

Enisceloz
11-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I played the game for like 10 minutes. And I can say exiting menus. The fact that if you go into a menu say skills and you exit and go back to the game instead of the menus again, is very annoying!

pizzaman
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Seems to me STS is walking a fine line by releasing a new game every time they have a few good ideas in stead of incorporating them in the existing games. Why yet another fantasy based game? I know you can't put every feature of every game in the other games, but let me give a few examples:

- Parties are a good idea and could be easily implemented in the other games
- The graphics of AL are very nice. So why not a hi-res interface for PL and SL?
- Stat points are useless in SL, it's always best to make pures
- Combo's should be existent in every game and not as useless as in SL
- Why does SL only have ranged weapons and DL only melee?
- Why can't all of the games have many different pets. And if pets add stats there shouldn't be just two similar looking pets who have stats. Because now in SL, everyone who can calculate takes the same pets which looks boring.
- Why can't the games have a stable in-game economy. Right now i can expect that some stuff in AL is gonna loose or gain value rapidly because of tweaks. For a beta this is fine, but it happens every time in all your games.
- Why can't we have gender choice for each class in PL and AL?

Are these urgent bugs? No.

Are these things gonna increase STS short term revenue? No.

Is this what annoys me most about AL? Yes

STS should want a long term healthy community of guilds and players in stead of people feeling you abandon your games to quickly cash in every time you have a few new ideas.

Cephei
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Pets are stealing kills -.-
Yes they are useful when killing enemys but they shouldnt steal the kills.
thats why i dismissed my pet and im trying to get the owl somehow.

dugantale
11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
The frog quest... I can't get my froggy.... :mad:

Astrocat
11-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I can't trade with anyone? And where's the auction house? Oh, again, ADD camera rotation! :(

Cephei
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Auction hause is in Kraag town i guess.

Bebsi
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
1.)The rogue uses mana up too quick.
Maybe it would be a good idea that we could get potions from opening chests till we have 25 like in PL. That would help a lot at low lvls.

2.) An option to change sets.
It's so frustrating when I want to quickly change my outfit or weapons and need to scroll through a huge list of items.

3.) An option enable/disable camera rotation

4.) An option to host/lock games

5.) Could u guys make gold and potions stashable within one account like in PL?
Atm I need to buy gold for every single toon :/

6.) The roles of the characters are a bit confusing.
Warrior seems to have the best mana/health regen. Shouldn't the Mage at least have better mana/health regeneration spells (much weaker)?

7.) A premium guild hall makes u loose more time cause u need to walk through an extra room.
Premium should help us save time including the better prices for potions and hopefully elixiers later on.

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
!!!!ROTAT3 CAM3RA!!!!!
pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls
^du it plox

Dalinuel
11-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Boss fights are the most annoying not being avle to target them and sometimes not knowing where they are... Put health bar and names above their heads or something like that would be nice..... And i like the camera locked the way it is

Cahaun
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Boss fights are the most annoying not being avle to target them and sometimes not knowing where they are... Put health bar and names above their heads or something like that would be nice..... And i like the camera locked the way it is
I just look for the big guy glowing in flames and wielding a big Ax. That's how I know where they are :p

gundamsone
11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Sam has stated in another thread that this game will be LOCKED CAMERA mode and they will not go back and change it.

And my suggestion is for pets, can you please change the name to match their respective rarities? b/c when you have a few dozen+ pets going through the list to find the pink pet is difficult at times

CosmoxKramer
11-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Your let's kills add to you kill total. They have to be linked to your character so linking kills should be doable

Lowlyspy
11-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Sam has stated in another thread that this game will be LOCKED CAMERA mode and they will not go back and change it.
They also said DL would be a game heavily reliant on their energy system, look at it now.

Sam said they didn't want to change it. Considering they changed DL, with this many people saying they would prefer the option to turn camera lock on or off, i wouldn't be surprised if they did decide to put in that extra effort.

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Camera rotation is a must!

PvP when it's added will be over run with Warrior, as they are OP as hell. (Being over run with one Class gets boring easily)

As we are now grouping with other's making a break from other titles, along with rolling a more MMO approach I don't see the need of host/lock games.

If you want to lock a game, you just group up. No other player can join after that. (Not counting if you join in an instance already made)

Pets, have less functionality than they could have. Atm it's pretty much a Gold Sink, after the fun of seeing them do a trick once or twice. I like the way they lvl, and even can hit elite cap also Arcane ability and powers up when hit -1 cap, farming them or questing is all fun (or was until quests got nuked).

But feed/trick, should be reworked to actually allow your pet to stay at least a little happy before you have to feed them again. If you neglect them then fair enough you suffer having to pay to feed, but just having them need feeding after a few runs has no real meaning.

Before the "release" many thought along the lines of "tamagotchi" and to be revolved around pets.

Overall at this time, Balance between classes needs the most work. (Unless you are Lix'd up, then no one cares)

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Oh when runs are timed
Just xp or luck elixirs shouldnt count as an elixired run

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Idk if this would be possible reguarding balance
Make pure int more playable

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM

Pure Dex is just the same, die in one hit, and run out of Mana if using a charged skill. (I'm not even pure dex have about 800-900hp, and can still get insta-killed if it catches me)

cookiez
11-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Camera rotation definitely

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM

Pure Dex is just the same, die in one hit, and run out of Mana if using a charged skill. (I'm not even pure dex have about 800-900hp, and can still get insta-killed if it catches me)
I have 200 something hp >.>
Dmg is awesome and im fine with a good tank unless the boss had aoe dmg

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I have 200 something hp >.>
Dmg is awesome and im fine with a good tank unless the boss had aoe dmg

Loving the damage, just not sure how this will make a difference in PvP lol, some Tanks with 2-3k at lvl 15/16 lol, imagine at Lvl 50!

Yup, with a tank its fine.

Mage and Rogue on the other hand... xD

Can't remember HP but think its about that.. OW U SURVIFE WI ONLI 200! :O

LwMark
11-08-2012, 04:07 AM
Not being able to play

tearacan
11-08-2012, 04:31 AM
- Pets
Pets have become rare reward with the patch. For new players constantly the need to feed your pet and not having credit (250c every 10-15min or so, while daily credit is just 1k a day), makes your pet a drag in stead of a joyfull help. I would say, let (new) players earn credit/food for there pets perhaps even by a (daily)quest. By doing this new players will have more joy from there pet.
I see it as energy system, more pets more energy allows me to play more. 1 sad pet, with no credit for food, doesn't help you to get started as a newby in this game/adventure.

- UI
Add stash to the first town, new players need a stash too.
The UI is some getting used to, it even could add some more help of how to find things in the tutorial rather then having shortcuts in the reward system. Shortcuts are easy to gain the reward, but it doesn't help to find your way in to the UI.
The so much spoken rotate-camera, it's designed to not need it. It works, you don't need it. Don't add it. :)
Increase the distance to talk to npc with other players all stacked on each other, npc's are difficult to reach. Just a little so its easier to tap npc's.
Quickchat is the only shortcut i love not to see return to this game. Not having it allows players actually chat rather then spam. Don't add it. :)
Missing the ability to respec character points, is this by design too?

Locking a game seems impossible, only way now is to find a party even if you want to run solo..seems weird that you need others to be able to solo :D

- Combat
It's pretty good. Perhaps bosses are a bit too easy for warriors, they can easily solo most of them without pot/stim usage. Where other classes having the trouble to even solo a map to reach a boss. I know it's a team play based game, but running solo isn't prohibited, is it?
But the sorcerer is just a fluffy little 'it' (don't know which gender it is). To me he isn't that strong and it dies fairly easy due lack of armor even with a bunch of health. What is it's advantage? The ability to non close contact battle? Doesn't work well when you want to play solo or kill a boss :D Stronger skills would make him more useful perhaps or more AOE skill like the lightning from PL, it's single target in AL :(
I haven't tried the rogue yet, i assume it isn't much different

- Skills
Skills are fun. No revive is not a problem, it's a challenge. It's what a game should be, challenging.

- Itemization
Since the patch with drop chance increases, pink and epic drop way too much. Initial droprate was fine. You had a change of getting epic or even pink if you were lucky. With the increased droprate, epic is nearly guaranteed drop as for chest drops. Silver chest guaranteed epic even a pink, gold chest guaranteed pink, they drop too often. Nobody will use a rare or white (trash) item with these increased droprates.

- Social
It seems there is no mute-filter, is that right? I'll keep the chat filter enabled...

- End Game
Thank you! :D

moonway03
11-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Skills
Mages need mana regeneration skill
Alies add 1k.. It is really hard to earn money

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
11-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Pets... here's a suggestion for feeding. Why not make the cost to feed relative to the players/pets level?

Rare
11-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Increase the distance to talk to npc with other players all stacked on each other, npc's are difficult to reach. Just a little so its easier to tap npc's.

Just a tip, your attack button becomes an action button when you get close to an NPC that you can communicate with. Makes it much easier when people are standing on top of them.

Seiyen
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Economy!

Noobbe
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Not beta testing, but agree especially with comments from tearacan on Itemization. Even in other SS games, "epic/rare" - should be as such. I'd actually like to see toons have a reason to use common items, especially early on... otherwise its all trash, why waste time designing/implementing?

Azibas
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
- Pets
I do like the idea that has been kicked around with scaling pet feeding cost with pet level.
- UI
Just the pop up menu when you select a toon. Hard to get a submenu. My earlier suggestion was to do a circular menu or maybe make the menu entires staggered or maybe even put them on the side.
- Itemization
Be nice to have similar filter mechanics in the inventory as it is in the auction
- Social
Been a couple times when i get a tell and i go /r and it says you have not received a tell.
Be nice to have a chat lock feature so that you can lock your chat to guild chat or party chat or personal chat. Maybe something like /lg, /lp, /lt justg, /lo for locking guild chat, party chat, personal chat, officer chat, respectively. then maybe /u to unlock the chat.
- End Game
Nice to see some epicly long quests (like 250 hauntlet coins for one of the pets). wish there was more long terms quests like that.

StompArtist
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Sam said the following:

I found that the lack of rotation was incredibly annoying. It was without doubt the top annoyance. When I read the reason, it doesn't make sense to me. Are there backlogs of emails from new users complaining that they are confused? Because the topic never comes up here in the forums where people will rage quit over a hangnail. Is there another reason? Does rotation take up bandwidth? Because we know rotation is part of the game engine. It probably took an effort to disable it. I sure hope you reconsider this decision.

^This

Haowesie
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Not beta testing, but agree especially with comments from tearacan on Itemization. Even in other SS games, "epic/rare" - should be as such. I'd actually like to see toons have a reason to use common items, especially early on... otherwise its all trash, why waste time designing/implementing?

Somewhat related to this is the auction house and the stash being at the last map. No one will ever need common or rare items by the time players get to the last map.

I'm not even sure if the stash is shareable for the toons I have, and by the time i get my other toons there, those items will be useless.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM

That is not what Sam said. He said this:

Regarding the camera rotation, this is by design. We have seen from other Legends games that new users can get really confused with the camera rotation vs. character movement. So, we have designed the game so you don’t need to rotate your camera to play!

And I have asked a simple question in response. We have seen NO such feedback here on the forums. Where did that get the idea that new players don't want it.

FWIW, for me it's a deal breaker. The only reason I did as much as I did was out of loyalty. I would not choose to play a game without camera rotation, personally.

CosmoxKramer
11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I think it's more like a multi-player diablo/TL type game. All classes are good dps, not necessarily is it a group oriented game as much as PL/SL because of the weakness of heals or long cool-downs. So similar to diablo/torchlight, the camera is fixed.

I believe somewhere, Sam said that the graphics are basically built to suit the stationary camera. If they added rotation, they would have to do a significant more amount of coding and rendering graphics to be 360 degrees and so the game would have to be much large, and more rendering may also cause issues with fps.

I think at this point this game will never rotate camera position, so get used to it like diablo/torchlight style

<edit> i found the post from Samhayne #3 post.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73823-Arcane-Legends-FAQ&p=838018#post838018

The game is built around a fixed camera. If you rotate it as it is currently built, you'd see a bunch of blank stuff, or empty blackness. By fixing the camera, we believe you get a better overall play experience and we don't have to build out as much art. Win / win!

Patricks
11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Whenever your pet levels up, it stops your movement and skill charging. Very annoying when fighting huge mobs.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 01:53 AM
FWIW, for me it's a deal breaker. The only reason I did as much as I did was out of loyalty. I would not choose to play a game without camera rotation, personally.

Ayt, buy-bye! :D

PS: Greatest Annoyance: Gender Lock...I just think it doesn't make sense people can't choose their own gender in a "Role Playing" game. It makes me feel I'm playing an action/adventure single-player, where my characters are preset, no personalized feel. This is already a given in current MMOs, I don't get why STS games isn't implementing this, it's mind boggling. Does STS have something against female warriors wielding giant swords? or masculine wizards wearing robes?...

tearacan
11-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Why you want to choose a gender? It's a fictional game with fictional characters.
PL can't choose either, can not even choose an infant mage, or a bear cub :panda:

If you want to be a male, choose warrior
If you want to be a female, choose rogue
If you want to be it, choose a sorcerer :D

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 05:21 AM

Gender locked! You're a genious....!

SL/DL Genders was one of the best features added to the titles.

Never going to happen though.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Why you want to choose a gender? It's a fictional game with fictional characters.
PL can't choose either, can not even choose an infant mage, or a bear cub :panda:

What does being a fictional game have anything to do with my annoyance, gender lock? Of course it's fictional :D So you're saying that if a game is fictional, players shouldn't be able to pick their toon's gender?...so...that refers to all games...hopefully, you don't become a dev :D Moving on...

"Character customization" is a mechanic on its own that exists in almost all mainstream MMOs. In fact most of the mainstream MMO games have extensive character customization they they're even able to make their toons look like real people, exhibit A below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ9yx3M758Y

It gives players the feeling of ownership of that particular character. Sometimes a feeling of accomplishment for looking unique. In fact, character customization is a criteria for mainstream game critics such as IGN when they compare MMO games, so it's not like it's something new.

Now, I do not expect a mobile game (such as AL) to have a deep character customization like the video above but there's no reason why they cannot provide (at least) the gender option. You might ask, what for? Well for customization. Things doesn't have to really make sense but just because this is genre that revolves around customization (among other things), the bare minimum of customization options must be open and let the players choose on their own. Now, I'm really not here to argue about this because I'm simply answering the thread question, I just used your post to expound further (Feel free to share yours, you don't have to ride mine really :D). So, yup, I'm annoyed by this gender lock.

Snakespeare
11-09-2012, 08:48 AM
y'know G asked us what annoys us. He wants to know. The point isn't to argue for or against other peoples' annoyance.

Rare
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
y'know G asked us what annoys us. He wants to know. The point isn't to argue for or against other peoples' annoyance.

Some people can't help it.

Justg
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, couple of comments about camera lock and gender choices:

WRT the camera, I am in agreement that an unlocked camera is an awesome thing. I would love to have that option. Unfortunately when we created AL, we built it to be specifically viewed from one direction. This means that many buildings and props do not have a back face, and when the camera is spun around, things look very strange. The art bar is so high on this title that the decision was made to not allow the camera to rotate because, from certain angles, the game looks broken. Please believe me that I have been on an internal crusade to make it happen, but in the end the decision was made to not allow it in the interest of a beautiful and uniform visual experience.

Gender choices are restricted for a different reason. We went with such strong silhouettes because we really wanted to differentiate the feel of the roles. Each class has specific, and highly stylized models and animations, as opposed to SL, where everything shares the same model and animation set. For us to pull off a female warrior in AL, it would be a completely different body type, different animation set (women do not move like men, as we all know), and different armors at the least. This is what we call in the biz, a "multiplier".

I hope this explains some of the choices that may seem arbitrary to you, and thank you very much for the continued discussion of how we can make this game better for everyone.

- g

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM

WRT the camera, I am in agreement that an unlocked camera is an awesome thing. I would love to have that option. Unfortunately when we created AL, we built it to be specifically viewed from one direction. This means that many buildings and props do not have a back face, and when the camera is spun around, things look very strange. The art bar is so high on this title that the decision was made to not allow the camera to rotate because, from certain angles, the game looks broken. Please believe me that I have been on an internal crusade to make it happen, but in the end the decision was made to not allow it in the interest of a beautiful and uniform visual experience.

Gender choices are restricted for a different reason. We went with such strong silhouettes because we really wanted to differentiate the feel of the roles. Each class has specific, and highly stylized models and animations, as opposed to SL, where everything shares the same model and animation set. For us to pull off a female warrior in AL, it would be a completely different body type, different animation set (women do not move like men, as we all know), and different armors at the least. This is what we call in the biz, a "multiplier".

I hope this explains some of the choices that may seem arbitrary to you, and thank you very much for the continued discussion of how we can make this game better for everyone.

- g

Thanks G! I kinda like the camera locked now since I get used to it! :)

Rare
11-09-2012, 09:33 AM

- g

Case closed. Thanks for the great explanations.

Kuero
11-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Why we want to choose genders? Well most of us just love to choose. If we want a freakin' gender lock we can play pocket legends. No need to make the same ugly mistake twice.
I love rogues but I want to a play male rogue and not a female.

And how can you say about camera rotation "don't add it". If you can play without it congrats but don't refuse us other an option to set it. It's just stupid to say "don't add it" to others ppl's requests. We aren't saying either "no don't add" tearacans requests. We don't need them

Kuero
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM

- g

Well, Mr. G maybe you could explain me this with the gender lock again? I sti don't get it? "Women are moving different then men" so that's the reason why I can't play a male rogue?
And if you would love to have a rotate option why not adding it then? Also when it looks broken then those who don't like it still can re-lock it again

Justg
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Why we want to choose genders? Well most of us just love to choose. If we want a freakin' gender lock we can play pocket legends. No need to make the same fugly mistake twice.
I love rogues but I want to a play male rogue and not a female.

And how can you say about camera rotation "don't add it". If you can play without it congrats but don't refuse us other an option to set it. It's just dumb to say "don't add it" to others ppl's requests. We aren't saying either "no don't add" tearacans requests. We don't need them

Did you even read my post Kuero?

Kuero
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Did you even read my post Kuero?

I was reading comments first and then I put my comments which was reloading the thread and suddenly your comment popped up

Bastilia
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Well, Mr. G maybe you could explain me this with the gender lock again? I sti don't get it? "Women are moving different then men" so that's the reason why I can't play a male rogue?
And if you would love to have a rotate option why not adding it then? Also when it looks broken then those who don't like it still can re-lock it again

G explained it...

Kuero
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
G explained it...

Yea and I asked him if he could explain it again because I still don't understand his (first) explanation

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM

- g

That would have been my guess, as stated a while ago the decision was most likely due to having making 6 different sets of everything, animations/art/models etc. Each cinema sequence would have to be changed, along with every single armour model made for both Male/Female.

Makes perfect sense. Though still doesn't change how we feel about the decision, before the game was announced, but should be enough for others to drop the subject ;)

Bastilia
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Waiting for google chrome realise :)

Justg
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM

OK let's try again.

See how the warrior and the rogue are different sizes? And they have different run speeds, and animations? And they look different? If we were to have different genders, it would double the amount of information needed for animations, and double the amount of art assets needed for armors.

And the fact that I personally would love to camera rotation have one does not outweigh my partners' opinions on the Art. I don't make the call on visual direction, and I respect their desire to have the game come out and not look broken.

Kuero
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
OK let's try again.

See how the warrior and the rogue are different sizes? And they have different run speeds, and animations? And they look different? If we were to have different genders, it would double the amount of information needed for animations, and double the amount of art assets needed for armors.

And the fact that I personally would love to camera rotation have one does not outweigh my partners' opinions on the Art. I don't make the call on visual direction, and I respect their desire to have the game come out and not look broken.

Alright now I get it. I'm disappointed about this anyway. As all those articles from IGN, E3 and the other android testing corporations appeared I wasn't reading anything about negatives like gender locks, camera locks etc.
Also I still remember your comment "we took what ppl liked from Pl and we took what ppl liked from DL and combined them".
So I was going to expect the best game ever yet with all advantages (just like class genders, camera rotation etc.) from the other legend titles.
I wished you guys would have mentioned it earlier, like last May already. Then my disappointment wouldn't be that huge.
But thank you anyway for your second explanation. I think I get it now: there are no gender choices because the development would take too long but you want to release it ASAP.

Rare
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Yea and I asked him if he could explain it again because I still don't understand his (first) explanation

Adding camera rotation would make the game too big.

Adding multiple genders would make the game too big.

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Yup, case closed!

Kuero
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM

They should have mentioned it earlier though. Since I was reading all those awesome game articles from several months back I though it would have all those options but instead I'm getting informed months later about, on the release date that it doesn't have them.

But well, it's my fault. Shouldn't have read those useless game articles promising nothing.
I think I just shut up and look how the full version will be :/

Snakespeare
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, couple of comments about camera lock and ....

Thanks, G, for the explanation. Maybe my take on it will be different after I dl the iOS version and play for a while. Fortunately, you guys have plenty of games for me to play, so there's something for everyone.

Azibas
11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Interface - On Guild it does not show which part of the map people are at.

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Interface - On Guild it does not show which part of the map people are at.

Also, guild roster names aren't in any particular order, not by lvl or name, just random :/

Dalinuel
11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Most annoying thing is everyone crying about camera rotation and different genders ... Come on now, some people find the most stupidest things to be so highly upset over and some posts are really a little overdramatic .. Its just a game people.. Sts just needs to do what they do best and make the games we all want to play and take the dammed if we do, dammed if we dont roll... because obviously they are not going to please everyone

troller
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
major annoyances i have with the game with regards to

- Pets--- i think they get hungry too early as compared to reality :disturbed: and this pet named DEARY causing issues when with warrior :uncomfortableness: the pet keeps sitting gets stuck at a place and never moves and then no enemies attack me and moving ahead in the dungeon every one vanishes(i can provide with some more information if anyone is interested) and my own pets are stealing my kills if the pet hits the enemy in the end and kills then my kill count is not going up
- UI ---seems good but i hope if there is any pvp ahead then that tab with daily reward, quests etc wont appear in there
- Balance--- cant say it is kind of a limited realease so there will be a few changes in game ahead
- Combat---no PvP:disturbed: so no comments abt PvP i hate PvE :cold:
- Skills(really annoying me)--- warrior's skill named skyward smash it is not aiming properly my warrior ends up smashing clear ground many a time (seems like he is also annoyed and wanna get his skills fixed:concern:)
- Itemization--- hmmmmmm
- Social---- no annoying ppl seen yet:disturbed:
- End Game---hmmmmmmmmm

Haowesie
11-13-2012, 02:50 AM
I thought I read it somewhere, but I can't find it anymore...

So I'm getting used to soloing the boss, but then I find myself dead when two people suddenly join after a few minutes of working the boss -- which is no fault of theirs, just that the game difficulty increases. Very annoying when my 15 min luck elix runs out, and boss resets :-(

Another one is when the pet levels up, there's a second or two that you can't do anything -- annoying when you're in the middle of the mob and have to use health pots when you shouldn't have to :-/

ManDiDi
11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
So what annoys me is the fact that I cant use the arrow keys as my movement keys. If I actually can use the arrow keys, someone please tell me how! I would like to stop tripping up over my own hands while trying to move my toon and cast spells and drink health portions. Sigh :hopelessness:

IAmSoMadNow
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I would like to be able to join lower level players games to, its fun to join in a level 1 game to help them out like In pocket legends. Always playing in a high level game with high level players is kinda annoying and boring.

And I dont add people as friends and dont use the chat feature so adding a low level and joining them is out of comfort zone

Aeroflame
11-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Ghul's difficulty level is insane

Deathpunch
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Ghul's difficulty level is insane

Easy to beat if you stun him.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

csb
11-13-2012, 12:35 PM
* I don't want to waste gold feeding my pet. I turned on my auto-feed. It is priced at 0 gold, will the auto feed price go up some day?
* I need to rotate my camera angle.
* I guess there must be an npc for buying/selling, but i have not found it yet.
* My warrior spends a lot of time walking back from the beginning because I die at the boss. Is there a rev? I will not waste gold on healing potions. So, I will just keep walking...
* I wish healing potions will drop more often.
* My warrior is level 11, and still have a level 7 sword. They just don't drop for me. I get weapons for other classes. Where is the market? can't find it...
* Like usual, i don't exactly know which stats points to choose. Can we have free respecs for a while? Suppose there was a daily quest that gives a free respec. That would be cool for people trying to figure out the game.
* Like all STS games (on Android), it takes several steps to exit. I want to push one exit button and one 'ok' and be out.

That's about it for now. Other than that, i like the game ok. But, i only have a Droid X, so my experience would not be as good as someone that has a nice tablet.

McBain
11-14-2012, 08:41 AM
So I haven't spent a lot of time playing this game yet, but my two cents:

- I can't help but throw my name in with the folks who are "annoyed" by the fixed camera angle. I appreciate G's explanation of why it is the way it is, and I totally get it, on paper it makes sense, etc, but...that doesn't make it any less annoying unfortunately.

- I like what has been done with the pets. Very cool idea. For a new player, the cost is a bit rough though, having to spend gold to feed it every 5 minutes. Especially since gold is such a premium starting out. At the moment, I'm completely broke and I haven't even spent a single piece of gold on anything except pets and pots. Feels a bit like when SL first came out and gold was practically the rarest item in the game. A couple ideas: you could make the starter pets either free or really cheap to feed, have potions drop in the maps so you don't have to always buy them, or up the amount of the gold rewards you get from the quests a little bit to help inject a little more currency into the mix, at least at the beginning.

- Lack of a revive skill is a bit of a bummer. So far I've noticed that whenever anyone dies they just quit the map. I don't know if that's doing anyone any good.

I guess that's about it. I'm liking it so far overall. Great job guys!

Aeroflame
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease allow easier access to kraag

StompArtist
11-14-2012, 09:55 AM

You can just rush through the level. Run Forest run!

Zapoke
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM
So far there are only a few things I've noticed that I dislike:

-Paying to feed pets every 5-10 minutes. This adds up like crazy, and as many people said, new players (including myself) find it quite the burden when it comes to gold amounts.

-There is no direct way to go to towns. This is my main irritation about this game. I can travel to any dungeon I want anywhere I want, but I can't go to any towns directly. I have to go to a level, then leave the level to get to the town.

-There is no way to host/join games. This is something that's carrying on from DL. I understood in DL, to a point, on why you couldn't host/join the games directly, but I do not understand it in this game. This game seems to be more based on party runs (the new party system is cool, by the way :) ). I feel like the way it's set up also limits people who want to solo, because they can't lock their games, and (as someone else said) often die because random people join, and the dungeon instantly becomes harder.

-A minor issue I'm having is the locked camera thing. Not a big issue, but I'm use to being able to change the angle in STS games (though I'm getting use to locked camera, as LoL has the same kind of thing :D)

-Chests. Great idea! Except for the fact that I keep getting useless pinks/purples I can't even use. The plat-purchased ones should have options to buy class specific, at least. And chests you get from quests as well. Just an idea. :)

Rare
11-14-2012, 11:07 AM
So far there are only a few things I've noticed that I dislike:

-Paying to feed pets every 5-10 minutes. This adds up like crazy, and as many people said, new players (including myself) find it quite the burden when it comes to gold amounts.
I don't feed them. Once you have a few, you can just swap them out from your stable. They will recharge while in the stable.

-There is no direct way to go to towns. This is my main irritation about this game. I can travel to any dungeon I want anywhere I want, but I can't go to any towns directly. I have to go to a level, then leave the level to get to the town.
Not sure I understand this. You can't use the world map? Or maybe I misunderstood.

Zapoke
11-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Not sure I understand this. You can't use the world map? Or maybe I misunderstood.
I can use the world map. The problem is that there's no way to travel to the towns. Only dungeons.
And I know you can recharge them, but I don't like changing pets. :)

Rare
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I can use the world map. The problem is that there's no way to travel to the towns. Only dungeons.

The town's are on the map. Unless something changed since yesterday

Zapoke
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM

The town's are on the map. Unless something changed since yesterday

I only see dungeons lol.

Rare
11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I only see dungeons lol.

I'd screen shot mine but I can't from my phone.

It shows:

City of Windmoore
Traveler's Outpost
Great City of Kraag

You aren't looking at the elite map are you? I just noticed Traveler's Outpost is not showing up there for me.

Cascade
11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
As it has been mentioned before...camera rotation. It feels like I do not have control over the game if I cannot rotate the camera, therefore, reducing my overall gaming experience.

BodMaster
11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
As it has been mentioned before...camera rotation. It feels like I do not have control over the game if I cannot rotate the camera, therefore, reducing my overall gaming experience.

Read from page 4 onwards Cas; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74342-Most-annoying-things-in-AL/page4

Bless
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
As it has been mentioned before...camera rotation. It feels like I do not have control over the game if I cannot rotate the camera, therefore, reducing my overall gaming experience. It would ruin your game experiance more if they added camera lock allow me to explain: as G said, if the camera is unlocked, the overall art and detail would lack quality, this is because there would be empty black sections/spaces such as back of buildings. This would look ugly and if there is ugly emptiness then there is no real point in moving the camera because you will look at the emptiness and be put off. Also it would save the art team a lot of time, so its a win win...

Aeroflame
11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
You can just rush through the level. Run Forest run!

not for me tyvm, for the new players who dont know any better =.=

Aeroflame
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
hey can we have guild ranking too please????

csb
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM

Please don't allow easier access to kraag.

I like the way it is.

When I get to about level 8, i can access the stash. When I get to about level 12, I can access the market. This is the way it should be. If level 1's are able to run around the market we will have more annoying spam, scammers, and beggers. In the other games, there is still the occasional high level that acts like a level 1 troll, but that is rare enough that it can be fixed with ignore.

ThePhantom
11-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Pets... They are always unhappy and costs a fortune to feed them to make them happy. Well a fortune for new players :P

ThePhantom
11-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Potions. Fast to go and use. Cost alot for new players, Make items liquidate for more than 5 coins... so people can make SOME money

Deathpunch
11-15-2012, 11:04 AM
It would ruin your game experiance more if they added camera lock allow me to explain: as G said, if the camera is unlocked, the overall art and detail would lack quality, this is because there would be empty black sections/spaces such as back of buildings. This would look ugly and if there is ugly emptiness then there is no real point in moving the camera because you will look at the emptiness and be put off. Also it would save the art team a lot of time, so its a win win...

Well, if they had rotation, they would fill those black areas. It would just reduce the graphical quality all around, possibly increase lag due to the system needing to fill those extra areas, even if you don't see them, and increase the file size, thus reducing your available storage on your device.

While the last part may not be that big of a deal to some, like 64gb iPod/iPhone users, there are those that have to monitor what's installed and manage their storage. I suppose you could make the argument that you could move it to the SD card on Android, but that would increase lag even more as your device accessed the card and transferred files. There is also the fact that Android seems to be slowly moving away from the SD card, as evidenced by Googles last four Nexus devices. The Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and the Nexus 7 all lack SD card slots. It's only a matter of time before the various manufactures follow suit.

In summary, the fixed camera IS there for a reason, to reduce requirements and lag in such a graphically demanding game especially on devices that have, at best, anemic GPU's and limited RAM. I would not expect that to change.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

NiN
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Potions and armor
I got 20 deaths but most of them were due to lag and since lag was gone i got 2. Now lower my armor and i will be like a Nuke Mage in PL trying trying to solo Red Dragon.
Ok now imagine the pots it will take to solo a boss. About 10-15 in less than 5 mins but wait, we are not even making profit out of the boss.

Unless we all get 100k to start i will be fine with potions prices.

Bless
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
It would ruin your game experiance more if they added camera lock allow me to explain: as G said, if the camera is unlocked, the overall art and detail would lack quality, this is because there would be empty black sections/spaces such as back of buildings. This would look ugly and if there is ugly emptiness then there is no real point in moving the camera because you will look at the emptiness and be put off. Also it would save the art team a lot of time, so its a win win...

Well, if they had rotation, they would fill those black areas. It would just reduce the graphical quality all around, possibly increase lag due to the system needing to fill those extra areas, even if you don't see them, and increase the file size, thus reducing your available storage on your device.

While the last part may not be that big of a deal to some, like 64gb iPod/iPhone users, there are those that have to monitor what's installed and manage their storage. I suppose you could make the argument that you could move it to the SD card on Android, but that would increase lag even more as your device accessed the card and transferred files. There is also the fact that Android seems to be slowly moving away from the SD card, as evidenced by Googles last four Nexus devices. The Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and the Nexus 7 all lack SD card slots. It's only a matter of time before the various manufactures follow suit.

In summary, the fixed camera IS there for a reason, to reduce requirements and lag in such a graphically demanding game especially on devices that have, at best, anemic GPU's and limited RAM. I would not expect that to change.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7 couldnt have said it better myself =)

Ladycandyheal
11-15-2012, 03:40 PM

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

It's in pocket legends. It's in other MMO's on Android as well. On iOS, like I said, this won't fly.

It's late 2012, Jellybean is out on Android, we got a new IPad, new iPhone and they can't implement camera rotation?

They could have given us an option to use it or keep it locked for people with old devices

Deathpunch
11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
It's in pocket legends. It's in other MMO's on Android as well. On iOS, like I said, this won't fly.

It's late 2012, Jellybean is out on Android, we got a new IPad, new iPhone and they can't implement camera rotation?

They could have given us an option to use it or keep it locked for people with old devices

Lol, I'm quite sure there will be plenty of players on iOS when it releases. No worries there.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Apostar
12-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Camera rotation is huge in this game! So aggravating not to be able to select an npc when so many other ppls are standing around that char. WIth camera rotation it gives a different angle to this. Please put it in.

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Camera rotation is huge in this game! So aggravating not to be able to select an npc when so many other ppls are standing around that char. WIth camera rotation it gives a different angle to this. Please put it in.

Get near the npc and your attack button turns into a hand. Tap it.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

j3peaz
12-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Player edicate- not joining a fight for any reason (in elite jarl guy told me his armor is weak wt!#$%f), joining a game to get in a party and leeave, running to boss, pulling excessive aggro in elite, etc.

Sure there are time when real life interferes, but there is alot that peeople can do to minimize these annoyances

razerfingers
12-09-2012, 11:37 AM

Thats what the pointer finger is for when you get close to npc its in place of attack. Also they arnt going to change it. Its that was for a reason.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Tuik
12-09-2012, 12:18 PM

- Pets - They're a little too idle. Sometimes you have monsters right around the corner or you're already attacking them but your pet just stands there and does nothing. They still know there are monsters nearby so they don't even pick loot. Nexus' attack range majorly screws the pet up and I only get him to target monsters when I run in circles around the pet.

- Balance - Warriors can get 2k+ hp and 600+ armor, sorcerers and rogues are very squishy and their attacks aren't strong enough in comparison. Normal elite monsters hit my rogue(450 armor) for 200+ damage, yet I hit them for 60-100(normal attack without charging) using the strongest weapon in game.

- Combat - Pretty good really. I like most of it. Just need more monsters(different types; animals, plants, demons, etc) and new content to keep it interesting.

- Skills - All good. Passive skills and more skill points will hopefully make everything even better.

- Itemization - I'd like more equipment with different effects. Damage reduction, autocast skills/effects, etc etc. Just so there's not one "best" item but multiple for different purposes.

- Social - Chatting is quite difficult on a tablet but that has little to do with the game. I'd like a dropdown menu to pick whether to send messages to party or guild. And that said, partychat and guildchat.

- End Game - More content needed. And elite chests really make normal chests worthless. I'd quite like normal loots and chests being worthwhile for those who aren't farming elites. Also, more gold drop from monsters of all levels.

Catwomann
12-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Pets -* we need more pets firstly. All pets should have 20% dec time of getting hungry. Pet food's charges should decrease by 10-20%.
There should be some absurd pets, with absurd bonus. Like, inc damage by 20% and Dec mana by 15%, +2 mana generation. This should make things interesting.
We need more pet type, there are basically 5-10 types of pets with other all being of just diff colours.

Ui - Gender decision. Rogues are harassed cause they are females while the real girls are warriors, -.-. Camera rotation.
Rogues should have a awesome glowing trail every time they use shadow pierce.

Balance - probably what should be ur current main aim.

Balance Enemies - inc health by 10% for minions and 5% for bosses.

Dec 10% damage for both minions and bosses, also Dec their critical chances. Add dodge for enemies as well, maybe 3% for minions and 1% for bosses.

Balance class -

Warriors - inc STR by 10%, Dec mana (INT) by 15%. Inc armor by 5% and Dec damage by 5%. Dec health generation. By 10%

add a new type of permanent skill for all three classes that have a chance of happening, like critical and dodge have. For warriors -

Mad rage (1.5% chance of happening while in combat) - desc - warriors get angry for fighting for so long time and hence becomes extremely angry for a short period of time .

effect - Damage inc to 200% of current damage for 8 seconds, critical inc by +5% for 5 secs and dodge decreased to 0 for 8 seconds. At the end of 8 seconds when MAD RAGE ends, warriors end up with 50% STR drained(of the health they have left at the end of 8 secs) and 100% MANA drained( as they use the mana to boost their muscles with magic for 8 secs) .

Rogues - inc STR by 10%, inc damage by 5% Dec , Dec INT by 5%. And inc mana and health generation by +2. Yes rogues are biasedly weak compared to warriors and mages.

Deadly focus -(1.8% chance of happening while in combat) - desc - rogues gain extreme focus while fighting for are a small period of time ending them unleashing vengeance on enemy.

Effect - 100% dodge for 8 secs, 50% critical for 5 secs, and damage inc to 160% of current damage for 8 secs. At end of deadly focus, critical 0 for 10 secs.

Mages - inc str by 15% so that they can take atleast 3 hits of elite minions. Damage inc by 5% and dex inc by 5%. Int Dec by 10%. +3 mana generation. Mages face very hard time like rogues and need some attributes to be changed.

Mana madness - (2% chance of happening while in combat ) - desc - while in combat mages use their high intelligence for sometimes collecting and using all their power in one short which drains them for a minor period of time.

Effect - 150% damage for 8 secs, enemy's armor Dec by 20% for 6 secs. And STR up to 200% for 8 secs. At the end of the attack, mama is drained to 0 and damage is Dec to 50% for 6 secs.

Skills - Haven't played with warrior and mage class for long so can't comment about that but many rich skills need changes. Main problem with skills is that there is no skills which effects higher no. of enemies like 5.

Aimed shot, damage decreased by 10%.

Noxious bolt, should hit a max of 3 enemies and not just 1. So if there is one enemy and it hits him, he takes full damage. If two enemies then damage is divided into 50%-59% each, and 33.3% each if three enemies.

Pierce attack should have a chance to hit 5 times instead of 3. Like, 10% chance of it hitting 5 enemies.

Shadow bomb, there is one sub skill which ends makes it blow when it ends. Replace it with, mana refill, refills 100% mana of all allies standing in the circle when it blows off.

Medic pack should have a chance of throwing 4 instead of three packs . 5% chance maybe. And it should refill our health to full when we charge it ( just imagine, a soldier in an army, if dying won't throw medic packs to allies first before healing himself to normal).

Replace the trap skill by some attack which decreases enemy hit chance to 40% for 6 secs. Like, shadow powder, makes enemy hard to see us for a short period of time. And yes, some good sub skills which I am in no mood of thinking.

Social, combat and end game - will think about them later.

About items - there should be more weapons, armors for all skills so they can customize build type to their liking. Also, skirts for rogues, full body suit for rogues, Cooler blades for rogues, fencing swords maybe for rogues.

Wands for mages as an option to rod. For armor, they can have cool looking protective energy pods( like the purple one they get in a skill).

Warriors - add hammers, shields that u guys already are adding.

And cool looking Amulets for all pls. I know ring is hard to see but amulets will be fine.

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I want a squid buddy pet! Come on, STS, make this happen! Sell it for plat, you all will be able to retire then.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Deadbite
12-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Farming elite village for 8 hours and getting 3 pinks 2 eorth 2-3k another worth 30k....

Energizeric
12-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Here's my suggestions...

1) The mobs in the elite dungeons should not hit quite as hard as they do. The boss fights should be tough, but a level 16 mage with 400 armor and decent gear should not die from 2 mob hits.

2) should have autotext like in PL so I can put useful terms in there like "Hurry!" and not have to type while in the middle of a battle. Also useful if you are trying to sell an item in the CS area (although some find this annoying), you don't have to keep typing it.

3) I understand that with class specific gear you cannot see what a certain armor looks like on your character if it's for another class. But this causes a problem because sometimes we would like to see what gear looks like if we're going to trade it, or sell it, or maybe buy it to resell (if you are a merchant). So how about this for an idea...if you are viewing an item for another class in your inventory or in the CS, then you see it on a the class it's made for. So for example, I'm a mage, but if when looking in the CS I click on a warrior axe and then check the box to view, I see a warrior standing there holding the axe.

4) Initially I had a problem with the lack of being able to adjust the camera angle, but I have to say I have gotten use to this and no longer miss it. It even felt strange to do it when I signed into PL yesterday after playing AL for so many hours.

5) Someone mentioned this already, but perhaps something needs to be done with a target arrow or something highlighting the boss. Since the boss's health bar is high up on the screen, in the middle of a busy fight it's very hard to see where the boss even is. Maybe he needs to glow a little, or have his health bar over his head like in PL, or have some sort of target around him, but something needs to be done. Whenever we fight the boss in Kraag Tombs I cannot even see where he is. I just spam my skills and hope I'm hitting him.

6) Some gear combination presets would be useful. So like in PL, if I want to change gear in a hurry, I can do it.

7) Joining someone in a town should be easier. If their town is full, then perhaps you should get a popup message saying so. Instead, it just seems like it doesn't work. Also, sometimes I'm in Kraag and the person I want to join is also in Kraag (a different rendition of Kraag) and it won't let me join them unless I first leave and go somewhere else, and then come back. So in that case, there is no way for me to know if they are in a different rendition of Kraag or the same one. If I try to join someone it should have popups that tell me information like this. Like "you are in the same town as [name]", or "you cannot join because this town is full". Messages like this would be helpful.

8) It would be nice if there were some premium item sets with bonus and all like in PL. Maybe some sparkles or smoke added for effect when you equip the complete set, and some bonus stats for having a complete set.

9) A quest counter would be nice. Right now I have no idea how many quests there are, or if I did them all, or if I didn't do them all where are the ones I'm missing? Maybe a counter on my inspect screen for me and everyone else to see. And maybe a counter on the map which tells me how many quests there are in each dungeon/town and how many I have done out of those. And maybe a guide that can lead me to the next quest. All this stuff is in PL and implemented there quite nicely.

nicoB
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
PETS: A great i dea for pets would be to decreasw the amount of time between feedings as the pet levels up to balance out the increasing price to feed them. But by small margins of course, cant have pets that dont need to be fed.

UI: it would be nice if you made the avatar icon at the top left of the screen a short cut to the players stats instead of the menu.

ECONOMY: its ok. A steady increase in minimum gold drops as dungeon levels increase would be nice as well. like the minimum gold drop from chests, boxes, and crates is one gold. how about the minimum gets increased to 5gold in the next dundeon after rooks nest and increase from there.

SOCIAL: changes in or more varieties of guild halls. quite frankly i was disappointed in the guildhalls to choose from, besides the color, torches and amount of gold on the tables, the guild halls are basically the same. there was so much variety between.
guildhalls in earlier games that I'm very surprised with these current halls in AL.

Potions should cost less in guild halls

Great game btw. aboslutsly love it

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
PETS: A great i dea for pets would be to decreasw the amount of time between feedings as the pet levels up to balance out the increasing price to feed them. But by small margins of course, cant have pets that dont need to be fed.

UI: it would be nice if you made the avatar icon at the top left of the screen a short cut to the players stats instead of the menu.

ECONOMY: its ok. A steady increase in minimum gold drops as dungeon levels increase would be nice as well. like the minimum gold drop from chests, boxes, and crates is one gold. how about the minimum gets increased to 5gold in the next dundeon after rooks nest and increase from there.

SOCIAL: changes in or more varieties of guild halls. quite frankly i was disappointed in the guildhalls to choose from, besides the color, torches and amount of gold on the tables, the guild halls are basically the same. there was so much variety between.
guildhalls in earlier games that I'm very surprised with these current halls in AL.

Potions should cost less in guild halls

Great game btw. aboslutsly love it

Hmm, kinda true. I'd like the possibility to edit our inspect page, tho.

Y O L O
12-09-2012, 07:37 PM
social no one talks like PL.

Leftro
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Balance is key for me atleast.

nicoB
12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
It would be.nice if the fee for placing items in the auction/cs came out of the profit instead of paying up front. that wsy ylu dont accidentally waist money because yoj accidentally put up the wrong item for sale. making sales less risky wen it comes to the rise and fall of priced

Ceano
12-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Economy, i think its hard to get gold contra what you need to by potions and feed your pet. My pet eats for 400 each time, and they eats way to often in my meaning. Also when you sell stuff right out of your backpack you get from 3 to 9 gold for stuff, thats rely low when no one buys common, rare or epic gears in the shop any more.

Drizzid
12-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I neeeeeeeeeeed to be able to move the camera, it is the most frustrating thing by far.

I know the Elite mode is supposed to be "Elite" but its no fun getting one hit from a regular mob on a solidly geared out sorc.. 2 warriors, 1 sorc it took almost 50 minutes to clear elite village. It madness!

Also you should be able to see how much gold you have while browsing CS, I usually go into there thinking I'm richer than I actually am, and leaving dissapointed

theNICStopmodel
12-10-2012, 08:26 AM
DONT BE MAD BE GLAD:victorious:

jerzy448
12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Rogues and sorcerors complaining about warriors tanking.

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Rogues and sorcerors complaining about warriors tanking.

Let's complain about Sorcerers and Rogues not tanking. :p /joking.

Steverd
12-10-2012, 01:33 PM
social no one talks like PL.

Noticed that also. Maybe people are still too new and concentrating on the game?

Justg
12-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey folks,

This was a pre-launch thread, I am going to retire it now. Still love your suggestions... thanks!