PDA

View Full Version : Please dont our characters

IAmSoMadNow
11-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I heard ingame that they were going to wipe and delete everything at launch so everyone would start over. NOOOOOOO please don't because I spent alot of time trying to cap. More then 24 hours. I didnt spend any plat except the ones I got while leveling and the offers from trialplay, but its because I dont have a way to purchase plat. But as I said I spent alot of time capping and would love to stay at my currrent level and my current name. It wouldnt bother me if the kills and deaths were reset but us the capped with and without plat worked really hard to do so, please dont wipe

Cahaun
11-07-2012, 11:12 AM
They won't. It's just rumors

Vystirch
11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes this is only a rumor.

Iron Hand
11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Do not worry my freind, sts will not wipe characters as people have already spent money on platinum purchases. They would only do a wipe if a major problem comes up and they would simply reinstate our characters at the last instance before the problem came up. These rumors you hear are truly that, just hear say. If you have concerns i would send samhayne a pm to ask about it. He is very great about responding and answering questions. :)

akfury
11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm still praying for a major problem :)... Don't feel like being left in the dust

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
At Beta the testers were told in advance their accounts would be deleted. I'm sure they would have at least done the same for the Australian and Canadian limited release players. So I'm sure it's not true. The one thing like that they ever did was reset the leaderboards when SL went from limited release (Verizon-only) to full release. If you spent plat to get on the LB, for SL, it was wasted plat. But everyone did get to keep their stuff and levels and everything else.

akfury
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
At Beta the testers were told in advance their accounts would be deleted. I'm sure they would have at least done the same for the Australian and Canadian limited release players. So I'm sure it's not true. The one thing like that they ever did was reset the leaderboards when SL went from limited release (Verizon-only) to full release. If you spent plat to get on the LB, for SL, it was wasted plat. But everyone did get to keep their stuff and levels and everything else.
Boo :(

Samhayne
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
We do not currently have plans to do a character wipe.

However, like much else in life, there are no guarantees. The intent with this stage of release, by keeping it limited to Canada and Australia, is that if something really big did turn up, we wouldn't be affecting everyone worldwide. We will try to avoid a character wipe at all costs. If we did, we would do everything we could to do right by our customers.

akfury
11-07-2012, 05:23 PM
We do not currently have plans to do a character wipe.

However, like much else in life, there are no guarantees. The intent with this stage of release, by keeping it limited to Canada and Australia, is that if something really big did turn up, we wouldn't be affecting everyone worldwide. We will try to avoid a character wipe at all costs. If we did, we would do everything we could to do right by our customers.

Your economy screw up already effected everyone world wide ... People are already gonna be super rich and us new people are not gonna have a chance at getting that kinda money in 1 weeks thanks to the change in allies

Dalinuel
11-07-2012, 05:33 PM
probaly do a character wipe like on sl and just reset all kills and deaths so everyone starts out fresh when game launches

Asifrausa
11-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Ain't that's just cruel since they have work hard to achieve what they have right now.
I don't support character wipe it's too painful too watch. LOL

Knockador
11-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Your economy screw up already effected everyone world wide ... People are already gonna be super rich and us new people are not gonna have a chance at getting that kinda money in 1 weeks thanks to the change in allies

Nooo you shouldn't have said that....NOOOOOOO ANOTHER ONE GONE FOR HIS RIGHT TO PRACTICE HIS OPINION :(

brainiac120
11-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Agreed

I'm still praying for a major problem :)... Don't feel like being left in the dust

I'd rather not have higher leveled n00bs on my first day playing. I'll be praying for one as well.

brainiac120
11-08-2012, 08:25 AM
I say wipe them, but when they make a new character, give any spent platinum back to them. I can only think of one good thing about this- higher levels to sell cool gear in CS, or whatever AL's will be called.

Flamberge
11-08-2012, 08:44 AM
This is ridiculous. To all people who keep saying wipe. Grow up guys! Respect STS decision, there is a good reason why AL hasn't released worldwide. Respect the Canadian and Australian who get to play first, people grind to level up. Envy does get people to act like little kids, smh.

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 08:50 AM
I respect the Aus/Can people for helping STS make a awesome game..but surely its a little unfair to have allies giving away 12k gold a day on Limited Release (which I know has now been fixed...but im sure majority of people have thousands of plat because of this) then on release having 1k a day for new players.

However I respect Sam's comments and I guess will have to lv and earn gold the proper way and not have it handed to me on a plate due to a glitch/exploit/bug whatever you want to call it.

Snakespeare
11-08-2012, 08:58 AM
nope, they only get 1K a day... that was nerfed already

Ephesius
11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Giving platinun back after a wipe wouldnt give them the time and effort they spent leveling thier characters back, they won't wipe, unless when there wiping the apk users something happens to us google play users

akfury
11-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Nooo you shouldn't have said that....NOOOOOOO ANOTHER ONE GONE FOR HIS RIGHT TO PRACTICE HIS OPINION :(

I'm back and still gonna state my mind -.-

Reddwing
11-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Complainers,
Some people have been and always will be more successful than you in life. If you can't accept that in a video game,then I don't know how you get around in the real world.

akfury
11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Complainers,
Some people have been and always will be more successful than you in life. If you can't accept that in a video game,then I don't know how you get around in the real world.

How are they more successful ? Because they were given 20k a day on a silver platter ? Now we only get 1 k ? They were given there success and we have to earn it ...

Kuero
11-11-2012, 02:13 PM
....we have to earn it ...

Well, yeah kinda annoying but at least we got something to be proud on then. We earned it

ninjaduck
11-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Complainers,

How are they more successful ? Because they were given 20k a day on a silver platter ? Now we only get 1 k ? They were given there success and we have to earn it ...

Oh so earning it is a bad thing? Lol.

Reddwing
11-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Complainers,

Successful meaning farming, gaining money and such. And btw its 1k a day and pots cost over that for just 25.
Why can't you just be supportive of people?

Edit: When were people ever getting 20k a day...

Xaphan Fox
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
All betas should always be wiped imo. Whatever your reason for the limited release, it was to test things and target bugs.
For those of you who got to play early: be happy.
You did your job. Now let's reset everything so the whole community starts on even footing. Why is that so difficult.
A beta isn't there for you to get a head start. It's there to stress test and give your insight before things are finalized.

That I am elite need to be first in everything in video games personality makes me sick.

Wipe this stuff already. Prove to me you've learned how to release a game after 3 releases and start everyone off even. You know its the correct thing to do. People gonna complain anyways. So do the right thing.

Woof

Astrocat
11-11-2012, 03:45 PM
All betas should always be wiped imo. Whatever your reason for the limited release, it was to test things and target bugs.
For those of you who got to play early: be happy.
You did your job. Now let's reset everything so the whole community starts on even footing. Why is that so difficult.
A beta isn't there for you to get a head start. It's there to stress test and give your insight before things are finalized.

That I am elite need to be first in everything in video games personality makes me sick.

Wipe this stuff already. Prove to me you've learned how to release a game after 3 releases and start everyone off even. You know its the correct thing to do. People gonna complain anyways. So do the right thing.

Woof

It is not a BETA. It's the game itself. And why complain to make a wipe? Did you ask to wipe other games when you joined? Like, when I started SL 4 months ago, I didn't ask to wipe? I mean, this is nonsense. Ugh

Xaphan Fox
11-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Not to mention,

If anyone has ever played an mmo besides sts games before, they should know how awesome it is to have a game released in Japan or Korea before a north American release using same servers.

How great it is to have a bunch of geared, max level, rich, controlling players right as the game is available for the rest of us.

Prices that are based on what a few headstarters say it should be for profits rather than what an economy dictates. Keep farming that staff of whatever that should sell for 100 gold. Surely when 10,000 people want it, your headstart in farming the staff will make you rich before the economy settles.

How great it is to have every name you want taken. Gotta love people who buy 10 characters just to use level 1s to hold names.

Fun stuffs here. A wipe is necessary.
Woof

gundamsone
11-11-2012, 03:48 PM
^ How bout no?
do you cry and rant in other games too when other countries get a one week earlier release?
BETA is over so I don't see why people need to continue this discussion.

Xaphan Fox
11-11-2012, 03:51 PM
If its a limited release, if its not ready for servers to be filled, if bugs are still common, If the number of people playing is controlled...

I consider it a beta regardless of version number. It can be 1.0 all it wants. It's being handled like a beta.

Wipe it. And yes while not every game wipes before full release, having access to a game that has already been out for a limited few is never fun. Ever.

Astrocat
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Not to mention,

If anyone has ever played an mmo besides sts games before, they should know how awesome it is to have a game released in Japan or Korea before a north American release using same servers.

How great it is to have a bunch of geared, max level, rich, controlling players right as the game is available for the rest of us.

Prices that are based on what a few headstarters say it should be for profits rather than what an economy dictates. Keep farming that staff of whatever that should sell for 100 gold. Surely when 10,000 people want it, your headstart in farming the staff will make you rich before the economy settles.

How great it is to have every name you want taken. Gotta love people who buy 10 characters just to use level 1s to hold names.

Fun stuffs here. A wipe is necessary.
Woof

What will you do if you join an online game that was released long time ago? Ask for a wipe? Complain? Same stuff for here Duh.

Xaphan Fox
11-11-2012, 03:55 PM
It is not a BETA. It's the game itself. And why complain to make a wipe? Did you ask to wipe other games when you joined? Like, when I started SL 4 months ago, I didn't ask to wipe? I mean, this is nonsense. Ugh

What will you do if you join an online game that was released long time ago?Ask for a wipe? Complain? Same stuff for here Duh.

There is a gargantuin difference between asking a one week old game to wipe players before full release...
...and joining a game 8 months into its life and asking the same thing.

Also: this is my opinion based on decades of mmo's, fueled by my brain that has seen this all before.

When I state an opinion and make points... That's an argument.
When someone responds, calling me a complainer, and doesn't touch any of my points...

Nope. I'm not the one complaining. A wipe is correct. Any argument to the contrary I bet is a early starter clinging to their advantage.

Bark bark

Kuero
11-11-2012, 04:18 PM
There is a gargantuin difference between asking a one week old game to wipe players before full release...
...and joining a game 8 months into its life and asking the same thing.

Also: this is my opinion based on decades of mmo's, fueled by my brain that has seen this all before.

When I state an opinion and make points... That's an argument.
When someone responds, calling me a complainer, and doesn't touch any of my points...

Nope. I'm not the one complaining. A wipe is correct. Any argument to the contrary I bet is a early starter clinging to their advantage.

Bark bark

Wise dude, wise dude!

I actually pray myself for a server wipe out but it wouldn't be fair then. I think STS would have announced before the limited release that at full launch servers will be wiped. So the actual testers aren't playing 24/7 for increasing the headstart and concentrate on the original goal: finding bugs and suggesting improvements

Xaphan Fox
11-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Agree. Agree completely. Hard to wipe also when I am sure the headstarters are flooding in plat. Can't exactly refund everyone.

We will see. But I fully expect to join the game spending an hour on a decent name, having a harder time due to ruined economy, enjoying stolen guilds and identities.... All the fun of a limited release!

Astrocat
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Lol

Ephesius
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Theres not going to be any wipe psh, I got one char and spent alot of time to level cap him, andif we were warned beforehand I wouldnt have even tried to cap I wouldve just leveled to 5 or 10 to have fun. Wipeing before the launch wouldnt be right because all of the time some of us spent level capping our toons, and again we wasnt told at all there was going to be a wipe in the first place

Kuero
11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Yea I expect the same (except the guilds since I don't care for them)

But actually it's not worth arguing about. A lot of games might have a beta/ limited release.
I remember the beta keys for diablo 3 you had to pay for. Of cause there was no wipe out since ppl paid for a headstart

And about STS games, If you're not in the beta/ limited release you surely hope for a wipe, but if you are in you want all ppl talking bout wipe to shut up

Exion
11-11-2012, 06:55 PM
The funny thing about this whole wipe thingy is.. the ones opposed to it say its easy to get to where they are..
If its so easy.. why oppose to a wipe..
If its so easy then just agree with a wipe and let the game have a fresh start where everyone will have the same chances and opportunities.

akfury
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
The funny thing about this whole wipe thingy is.. the ones opposed to it say its easy to get to where they are..
If its so easy.. why oppose to a wipe..
If its so easy then just agree with a wipe and let the game have a fresh start where everyone will have the same chances and opportunities.

Spot on every time mate +1

Astrocat
11-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Wipe won't happen so just stop talking about it. It won't change anything but it will start flame wars so stop complaining and prepare for launch!

Dalinuel
11-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Wipe all toons!

Urqui
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM

You're a perfect example of a head start not mattering. People are just eager to play & make money. That's what it's all about.
I'll just patiently wait for Chrome release, and not complain about Apple because 99% of people with Aple have a computer.. And it's easy to play with computer because it's only 4 skills..

:untroubled:

Exion
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Actually.. the money isn't the biggest problem.. its a number of problems like the fact that the ones playing now (legaly or not) have been hoarding names.

Riche Rifkind
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
like the fact that the ones playing now have been hoarding names.

Do you have proof of this? NO

It costs 12 plat per each additional character slot

Exion
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73822-Whats-yo-ign

Proof enough?

Xaphan Fox
11-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Hah... Woofles

Delphina
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Thread closed due to lack of constructive discussion.