PDA

View Full Version : Regarding a taken name:

Bless
11-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I pmd support if i can have the name Miracle. Gnosis refused, the name was not 'available'...That character has not been online since I started playing, and Ive wanted that name since day 1. Either the original owner is greedy or there is a lack in support. I dont see the problem in taking the name if its not active...sure the owner might have logged in like once a year to ensure the name is 'saved' so that nobody can try to take it but sts should check various factors before making decisions.

Factors include (Original owner) :
-how much time the character has been online in the past 4-6 months.
- what level is that character
- does he have a main
- is he inactive
- has he quit
- was he hacked/scammed of the account.

I want to know how many months before a name can be available for a dev-supported rename? Eg. 8 months and if that person has been online within the past 8 months the name is not available.

Anyways, anybody see/know Miracle lately?

I'm not just speaking for myself here, a lot of people have a concern regarding this.

~ Miracle

Yich
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I pmd support if i can have the name Miracle. Gnosis refused, the name was not 'available'...That character has not been online since I started playing, and Ive wanted that name since day 1. Either the original owner is greedy or there is a lack in support. I dont see the problem in taking the name if its not active...sure the owner might have logged in like once a year to ensure the name is 'saved' so that nobody can try to take it but sts should check various factors before making decisions.

Factors include (Original owner) :
-how much time the character has been online in the past 4-6 months.
- what level is that character
- does he have a main
- is he inactive
- has he quit
- was he hacked/scammed of the account.

I want to know how many months before a name can be available for a dev-supported rename? Eg. 8 months and if that person has been online within the past 8 months the name is not available.

Anyways, anybody see/know Miracle lately?

I'm not just speaking for myself here, a lot of people have a concern regarding this.

~ Miracle

If it were me, Id PM a dev about it and keep quiet about it. They arent supposed to say the amount of time an account has to be inactive, but one might if you ask nicely. If they dont, you can ask if the name is even close to being available, most devs will answer that.

Superduper
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I wanted Super. I have never seen a Super in game. I added Super. Super stopped playing in ao3. But I got duper instead because they wouldn't give me Super.

LwMark
11-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Thats a pretty good name, someone has to have already snagged it.
Lets just be happy we even have the chance to get inactive names..

Chickenrunnn
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I couldn't get chicken :'(

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 02:04 PM
There is a name that I wanted in June 2010. It was taken. When SL came out, I waited all the way until iOS release, then went in and it was available. I reserved it for DL and AL. BUT I STILL WANT IT IN PL!!!! :D

I have no idea how to get it in PL. About a year ago they wiped out any account that only had one character, level 1, no xp, that was over a year old (i think those were the parameters). After that wipe I tried the name again and still didn't get it. I have spelled it backwards, put an X at the end, added a letter in the middle... three different toons and it just not the same! lol! I mean, what's in a name, eh? Apparently quite a bit. This is the name of one of my favorite characters I ever had in D&D that I made in 1984, so it's just not the same if I respell it.

So I keep sending a FR to that name. It is a male name that is Finnish in origin. Maybe one day the owner will accept my FR. If so, I will offer anything for him to give it up... except anything not allowed to trade, of course. Until then, all we can do is accept the fact that it's not available.

Roberto077
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Im going for terra or terrain when AL comes out. I'm sure you can at least snag Miracle there.

Arexos
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I emailed support too to try to get a name-change, unfortunately both of my requests were denied because the names were unavailable T_T. Is there an easier way to check if a name is available?

Yich
11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Im going for terra or terrain when AL comes out. I'm sure you can at least snag Miracle there.

Not wise to say the names you want... Notice snake didnt. People will take it.

aav5224
11-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I couldn't get chicken :'(
Lol sad D: but i got PANDA

TEOKILLO
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I saw miracle yesterday, he said he just wanted to keep the name so this guy called themiracleblade couldnt get it

Kixxler
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Whoever took Kix, I will find you and hunt you down.

KingFu
11-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I wanted Super. I have never seen a Super in game. I added Super. Super stopped playing in ao3. But I got duper instead because they wouldn't give me Super.

That sounds super!

Artemis
11-07-2012, 11:49 PM
I would be preeeeetty mad if they gave someone else my name because I've been inactive for a bit.

Ephesius
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I always wanted the name miracle to, and now I do:D I love being the first to play on arcane

Yich
11-08-2012, 12:00 PM
I always wanted the name miracle to, and now I do:D I love being the first to play on arcane

Those who use the wrong to/too are not worthy of such a name.

RedStapler
11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Sheesh, and I thought the name-reserving process for roller derby got contentious! ;)

I hope everyone gets the name they want!

wvhills
11-08-2012, 01:45 PM
i reserved redstapler for arcane legends.

dudetus
11-08-2012, 04:28 PM
There is a name that I wanted in June 2010. It was taken. When SL came out, I waited all the way until iOS release, then went in and it was available. I reserved it for DL and AL. BUT I STILL WANT IT IN PL!!!! :D

I have no idea how to get it in PL. About a year ago they wiped out any account that only had one character, level 1, no xp, that was over a year old (i think those were the parameters). After that wipe I tried the name again and still didn't get it. I have spelled it backwards, put an X at the end, added a letter in the middle... three different toons and it just not the same! lol! I mean, what's in a name, eh? Apparently quite a bit. This is the name of one of my favorite characters I ever had in D&D that I made in 1984, so it's just not the same if I respell it.

So I keep sending a FR to that name. It is a male name that is Finnish in origin. Maybe one day the owner will accept my FR. If so, I will offer anything for him to give it up... except anything not allowed to trade, of course. Until then, all we can do is accept the fact that it's not available.

Ohhh u said the magic word which got me really interested. Care to pm me that? I can give u similiar Finnish names ;P

Rot
11-09-2012, 05:06 AM
Good luck! :)