PDA

View Full Version : On Elsewhere-Hosted APKs...

RedStapler
11-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Are you an an excited STS fan? (Of course you are, you're reading this! :)) Do you really, really want to play Arcane Legends during the Canada/Australia Limited Release (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73727-Arcane-Legends-Limited-Release)? You can't wait to get your eyes on those pixels?

Some people are jumping the queue, and it's making us sad.

We ask that you please be patient and not search for the APK on other sites. Also, downloading a third party APK opens your phone up to malware, and nobody wants that!

Right now, we're still making a lot of changes to the game. By keeping access to the game limited, the worldwide audience to the game isn't interrupted by changes we make.

Today, we released a new version of the game with some pretty significant changes, and we prefer to keep the impact on our players to a minimum.

This way, when you get the game, you are getting a polished, streamlined experience.

We promise it will be out and ready soon.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

-The STS Team

Lady_Pebbles
11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Dam it... & I just asked an admin yesterday if it was ok to downloa the androd apk file from that one site, he said yeah so I played my arse off last night lol. Sucks that decision just changed over night (quite literally o.O).

Bleh, at least I got to play a little and know what to expect now!

WarTornBird
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Well. I'll make the right decision and let yall do what yall do best. Can't wait to return to my little prodigy soon <3

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Inevitable.

@Thren, What was your IGN :O

Walkhardd
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Inevitable.

@Thren, What was your IGN :O

Thren. ;)

Aracnus
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Thren. ;)

Obviously, lol

TheRook
11-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Dam. I bbought my plat to early I see and lvled to fast this kinda blows

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I got a founders item.

I am accomplished.

octavos
11-07-2012, 08:21 PM
In my observation...

maybe giving an incentive to people who wait, will help tons....(No not waiting for the game is not an incentive) People want to be the first to farm, obtain items, level and purchase there guild. People who are first to play exploit gold benefits, items, guild names and leveling and new names not reserved. To scare off users of not downloading the "APK" there has to be a benefit associated to "Waiting". Having a polished game isn't good enough if people have a great head start on the points above.

A great incentive is a free founders set..one of each class. The level doesn't matter it what it symbolizes.

Waiting is the nature of the game, I understand this. but people who have much to lose wont wait.

p.s. love it the game rocks guys :D i hope for many more games from you guys.

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I got a founders item.

I am accomplished.

Lmao! Now to accomplish it at Cap :p

Thren. ;)

Obviously, lol

Ow u no dis??? :O

(She has a ridiculous amount of names, if you were around for her day view)

Basswhole
11-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Today was my day 5. I guess I'll wait even more after release to see if I get a pet. Great game btw STS. KoI, I'll be on soon hopefully!

Aracnus
11-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Today was my day 5. I guess I'll wait even more after release to see if I get a pet. Great game btw STS. KoI, I'll be on soon hopefully!

I forgot today was Day 5 for u bro... Hope you get a pet when you get back on, probably be way too late though :(

Basswhole
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I forgot today was Day 5 for u bro... Hope you get a pet when you get back on, probably be way too late though :(

Yea I totally except it to be gone, there wil be more time during the official release. RAAAAAGE.

Aeroflame
11-07-2012, 09:09 PM
In my observation...

maybe giving an incentive to people who wait, will help tons....(No not waiting for the game is not an incentive) People want to be the first to farm, obtain items, level and purchase there guild. People who are first to play exploit gold benefits, items, guild names and leveling and new names not reserved. To scare off users of not downloading the "APK" there has to be a benefit associated to "Waiting". Having a polished game isn't good enough if people have a great head start on the points above.

A great incentive is a free founders set..one of each class. The level doesn't matter it what it symbolizes.

Waiting is the nature of the game, I understand this. but people who have much to lose wont wait.

ancestor
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Oh no guys sts cought us!

Lowlyspy
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Ah well. Got my toons and ARG's AL branch set up at least and got to make sure my phone can run AL so i'm pleased. Lookin forward to the official release or, to be frank, the new apk. Though after being asked nicely I may wait for launch to download it again.

Commanderkeen
11-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Will there be any consequences to the people who download the apk and play?

BodMaster
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Though after being asked nicely I may wait for launch to download it again.

Who you kiddin? xD

mafiainc42
11-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Oo snaps i missed out =(

Lowlyspy
11-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Who you kiddin? xD
No one, i appreciate being asked politely not to do things. I had my fun so i can be patient.

Lady_Pebbles
11-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Will there be any consequences to the people who download the apk and play?
The admin I contacted (as stated above) said we wouldn't be banned for downloading and using the android apk from the one site I showed him. However, I don't know if there will be other types of consequences. He didn't mention any.

@BOD: I only reserved my main toon on AL atm. XD

HunterSLAYER
11-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Saw an update for Al in Google Play when i was on the way to work this morning :D

Feke
11-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Sadly, the sytem can not sort players, so it's a bad thing that some players who could join the game are playing the limited released game to get rich by abusing not so carefully made features. Like the allies were.
I hope the new updated game will reduce the ammount of these players.
Please! Players, who can play it right now. Would You take your attention on bugs and glitches?
If everyone is in a rush to reach lvlcap and be the first on leaderboards, get millions and all the pinks, and noone takes care about bugs, then the game wilk never be cleared from issues, and the devs can never release a final perfect version to other players of the globe..
Only thinking about yourselves is not the right way to play an MMO, that is available only for a restricted number of players and waiting for the final release!
Don't get fooled by greed!
The game is a game of a community that wants a perfect cool game to play, not a bugfull app that is full with maxcapped rich players who crying for the next lvlcap 'cause they've got nothing to do in the game for months!

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Ha thanks pebbles looks like those guys that downloaded the apk is going to start back at level one, which means I'll be the only forumer thats capped. Living in Ontario is great hope they wipe the apk guys so all the names can be free

Not possible. Lol how can one tell since they're all android devices its not like they can google an I.P. adress and say oh, from U.S.. Wiped especially since most have already spend money.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

HunterSLAYER
11-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Not possible. Lol how can one tell since they're all android devices its not like they can google an I.P. adress and say oh, from U.S.. Wiped especially since most have already spend money.

There's a "secret" method( sts uses to ban devices but that can also be easily bypassed though(won't tell you or i'll get an infraction :/)

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 01:13 AM
There's a "secret" method( sts uses to ban devices but that can also be easily bypassed though(won't tell you or i'll get an infraction :/)

Lol, so you ban a device means if i spent lets say $500+ on PL,SL and DL then go hey imma download this apk. Then get device ban til launch. Basically says hey cant play any STS games til this releases eventhough you helped fund the game with the money you've spent. No thats not how they roll obviously lol.

HunterSLAYER
11-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Lol, so you ban a device means if i spent lets say $500+ on PL,SL and DL then go hey imma download this apk. Then get device ban til launch. Basically says hey cant play any STS games til this releases eventhough you helped fund the game with the money you've spent. No thats not how they roll obviously lol.

Sts isn't really happy with the apk downloaders but i'm pretty sure a region block is coming right up if ppl still continue? idk really.
Not everyone download apks you know(if you downloaded and installed the apk Google Play store wouldn't recognise it as you can see i can view as well as update the app without going through the hassle of downloading apks).

The play store is obviously the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest client releases.
Ironically....my status bar is iphone style :P

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Sadly, the sytem can not sort players, so it's a bad thing that some players who could join the game are playing the limited released game to get rich by abusing not so carefully made features. Like the allies were.
I hope the new updated game will reduce the ammount of these players.
Please! Players, who can play it right now. Would You take your attention on bugs and glitches?
If everyone is in a rush to reach lvlcap and be the first on leaderboards, get millions and all the pinks, and noone takes care about bugs, then the game wilk never be cleared from issues, and the devs can never release a final perfect version to other players of the globe..
Only thinking about yourselves is not the right way to play an MMO, that is available only for a restricted number of players and waiting for the final release!
Don't get fooled by greed!
The game is a game of a community that wants a perfect cool game to play, not a bugfull app that is full with maxcapped rich players who crying for the next lvlcap 'cause they've got nothing to do in the game for months!

Completely agree. The idea of limited release is to assist the Devs fix bugs. If you want to fly up and get your name in lights on the leaderboard just cos you lvd up this is not going to help the Devs iron out the bugs. Having a high lv character with tons of gold so you can twink any low lv characters you create on release is not fair on those people who eagerly wait full release in other countries.

Shademonia
11-08-2012, 05:36 AM
The Player, download it are not the Problem. But the Player, upload it.

Consequences:
I can not imagine. Many players have invested real money to lv up and buy pets, elexiers, etc.
Demotion for example from lv 16 to lv 1, i think not. Otherwise, require the player who it Maya concern 100% of their invested money ( platinum) back.
It csnnot bei long, maybe One or two weeks. The game is as ready to deliver it. Skin it out at last, on the whole, it is far.
I have also downloaded, the curiosity was just too big;-)

Sts, its fantastic. Did you really outdone itself once again. I just sit back now and wait.

Ps: im sorry but i have no regrets:-) it was fantastic :-)

For we propose to bring this discussion.
Let the canadians and australians play.
So sit back, relax.
Who Do we have on the series, lets get right to the plaster;-)

Love greetings, see you in a couple of weeks in al

Knockador
11-08-2012, 07:57 AM
In my observation...

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Urqui
11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Sts isn't really happy with the apk downloaders but i'm pretty sure a region block is coming right up if ppl still continue? idk really.
Not everyone download apks you know(if you downloaded and installed the apk Google Play store wouldn't recognise it as you can see i can view as well as update the app without going through the hassle of downloading apks).

The play store is obviously the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest client releases.
Ironically....my status bar is iphone style :P

lol Derp signal

StS should of stayed with the first beta:rolleyes:

Astrocat
11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Consequences for playing the game (and buying platinums and stuff) just because your not in the right country? It's a joke, right? Right?

Kanozaki
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Tbh I'm not worried about drops , leaderboards or cap . The only problem which I have is going to be the economy. There are going to be people with a lot of money ( I'm talking millions ) and I'm pretty sure some of you already do ;) . What this Is going to do us cause inflation of items.( is there a auction house ?) Items which new players will not likely ever be able to purchase. If the money was made legitimately then it's no big deal. But from glitches like that it's pretty unfair . Just a heads up for something to look for.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Shouldn't have been brought up in the first place ^

Kanozaki
11-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Consequences for playing the game (and buying platinums and stuff) just because your not in the right country? It's a joke, right? Right?

STS can do what they please on how they wish to test . Tons of other companies host limited releases. If your unsatisfied then play one of their other games till full launch. SL, DL,PL or read a book or something.

Astrocat
11-08-2012, 09:29 AM
STS can do what they please on how they wish to test . Tons of other companies host limited releases. If your unsatisfied then play one of their other games till full launch. SL, DL,PL or read a book or something.

Chill

Kanozaki
11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Chill

Fo sizzle I'm so chill , when people see me they go " ice ice baby "

At least my post was more creative :P

Warbux
11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Just a bunch of kids... i mean KIDS crying about allies and changes being made ruin it for the rest... give support give feedback and quit crying or wait til full release... I believe the customers who used the back door entrance provided ALOT of help finding bugs and made good suggestions... that alone will make the full release the best it possibly can be!

Astrocat
11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Just a bunch of kids... i mean KIDS crying about allies and changes being made ruin it for the rest... give support give feedback and quit crying or wait til full release... I believe the customers who used the back door entrance provided ALOT of help finding bugs and made good suggestions... that alone will make the full release the best it possibly can be!

^Dissss!

Lowlyspy
11-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Some people would give the world to be a kid again FYI.
Yep, this guy would.

Nick41324
11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Walware? ain't nobody got time for that!

Feke
11-08-2012, 12:29 PM

+1 if You're on testers side against famefreaks!

Carapace
11-08-2012, 12:31 PM

From a developer standpoint some of the things that can potentially change ARE these items, their availability and their rarity. Their stats, where they drop from etc. While it's true some items will be obtained sooner than others and most will still be around in some form, there is currently no guarantee that those items are going to actually be there when we launch globally. This inherently is part of what we are trying to avoid by limiting the user base to a smaller set so when these larger sweeping changes come in there is less shock and disappointment.

If you opt-in to a non licensed apk, you must be prepared for some of these kinds of consequences! The changes that occur during this time are going to be potentially more substantial than any that will occur after the global launch date.

octavos
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
If you opt-in to a non licensed apk, you must be prepared for some of these kinds of consequences! The changes that occur during this time are going to be potentially more substantial than any that will occur after the global launch date.

Change is inevitable for the stability of the game (like DL and the re-work of energy system). Many know, or should know that everything is in flux because of a limited release. The disappointments arrises, but people who opt-in to a non licensed apk should be prepared for the changes with a grain of salt. Now that Guild name reserves are in place this should help quite a bit....but the other factors remain from the players not developers. People who got in, like myself was to solidify my "Identity" because before guild reserves, there was no safe guard.

:ghost:

Nick41324
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
also, i wouldnt of known about these Apk's if red didnt post a thread about it. This will only make people downloading the unlicensed version of the game more popular.

HunterSLAYER
11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Red basically made the apks known to everyone who didn't knew about it.
He was getting "the message" across to those who downloaded unlicensed apks though(Actually there's nothing wrong with downloading unlicensed apks....It's the people reserving names- avatar or guild that i detest.)

Astrocat
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Why so much hate or dislikes for people downloading Apks. STS should be flatered instead of making consequences IMO.

LwMark
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM

From a developer standpoint some of the things that can potentially change ARE these items, their availability and their rarity. Their stats, where they drop from etc. While it's true some items will be obtained sooner than others and most will still be around in some form, there is currently no guarantee that those items are going to actually be there when we launch globally. This inherently is part of what we are trying to avoid by limiting the user base to a smaller set so when these larger sweeping changes come in there is less shock and disappointment.

So ur sayin u may remove some items? So say i had a l10 pink weapon right, u may take out the item, makin it discontinued or say u may change it to a purple l10?

Justg
11-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Why so much hate or dislikes for people downloading Apks. STS should be flatered instead of making consequences IMO.

We are flattered, but it is also a sub-optimal gameplay experience for a variety of reasons previously mentioned. Not hate or consequences Astrocat, just the truth.

LwMark
11-08-2012, 05:20 PM

We are flattered, but it is also a sub-optimal gameplay experience for a variety of reasons previously mentioned. Not hate or consequences Astrocat, just the truth.

I just wanna say i have estabans egg in cs, an now i cant play lol, if cs is like the past cs, it gives me 30 days to collect or it goes away right? So hopefully u guys release within 30 days or im screweddd lol

bronislav84
11-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Change is inevitable for the stability of the game (like DL and the re-work of energy system). Many know, or should know that everything is in flux because of a limited release. The disappointments arrises, but people who opt-in to a non licensed apk should be prepared for the changes with a grain of salt. Now that Guild name reserves are in place this should help quite a bit....but the other factors remain from the players not developers. People who got in, like myself was to solidify my "Identity" because before guild reserves, there was no safe guard.

:ghost:That's the only reason I got in too. To solidify my identify. Also I had no idea STS was against people downloading the apk. Now that I know it isn't supposed to be done, I'll just wait patiently for the release.

I say as long as people haven't played since the first client got phased out (Or only loged in once on the next one) there should be no consequences.

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM

>.> If my armor gets taken back we're meeting at high noon for a quickdraw

I do understand that non canadian/australian players have no right to complain about what they may lose from the pre-released versions, because they have no right to be there in the first place, but what about those in other countries who have bought platinum with real money and end up losing their goodies because of those changes? unless you plan on reinforcing the steel bars and compensating the canucks and aussies, I see no way to get past this without some sore behinds. unless you wanna go... ermm... "If you made an account before 11/2/12, you get this *insert legendary item here* otherwise I see no way this scenario would play out without verbal bloodshed.

Astrocat
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
This is weird. Wtf is hapening!!

Aeroflame
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Someone publicly blabbed, and players who downloaded the apk file cant get in. That's what's happening.

CrimsonTider
11-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I just wanna say i have estabans egg in cs, an now i cant play lol, if cs is like the past cs, it gives me 30 days to collect or it goes away right? So hopefully u guys release within 30 days or im screweddd lol

This is what makes me sick. People just don't seem to realize that AL is still in testing phases. STS wants people to play to find as many bugs/issues so the release is as seamless as possible. But it is clear that many are way too concerned with leveling and gold. I hope thry clear out all items/gold/kills/whatever that had nothing to do with IMPROVING the game.

Feke
11-08-2012, 09:55 PM
This is what makes me sick. People just don't seem to realize that AL is still in testing phases. STS wants people to play to find as many bugs/issues so the release is as seamless as possible. But it is clear that many are way too concerned with leveling and gold. I hope thry clear out all items/gold/kills/whatever that had nothing to do with IMPROVING the game.

I would totally agree with You if there wouldn't be an option to spend Platinums in the game (purchasing is fine) so it wouldn't make players to loose their own real life money. But, wait!! They should erase the purchases too, so players would get back all their Platinums and could start it again. Except character slots!!!!
So, thus kind of erase is what I could/would accept. Hmm?

gundamsone
11-08-2012, 10:07 PM
So all of us playing have to suffer the consequences because a few players on the forums are whining that we got a head start?
How does 1 player having more gold than you effect you in any way shape or form? From my point of view it's greed and the idea of "missing out".
And pretend you were living in the country STS selected for the limited release. Would you feel like it would be a fair move to wipe everything just b/c other players whined and complained?
With any MMO update/game there's always unhappy people...from my personal experience you can't satisfy everyone with an update.

So if you are unhappy then tell STS to not do this in any future game releases instead of letting us players suffer the consequences.

razerfingers
11-08-2012, 10:18 PM
So all of us playing have to suffer the consequences because a few players on the forums are whining that we got a head start?
How does 1 player having more gold than you effect you in any way shape or form? From my point of view it's greed and the idea of "missing out".
And pretend you were living in the country STS selected for the limited release. Would you feel like it would be a fair move to wipe everything just b/c other players whined and complained?
With any MMO update/game there's always unhappy people...from my personal experience you can't satisfy everyone with an update.

So if you are unhappy then tell STS to not do this in any future game releases instead of letting us players suffer the consequences.

This is about the apk. Thought id let you know. Not towards people in canada or australia.

Feke
11-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Before You would misunderstand it..
I don't support the idea to wipe the game at global release! I wrote about the way that I could accept without any headache.
I also have a lots of golds, pink items, a pink dodo, but I wouldn't care if I'd have to start it with resetted stats and empty pockets. I would still have the same chances to remake the whole thing on the same way as I did for the first time. The limited release is to show players what the game is like, and for STS to have a test how the purchases are in the game, and polish the game and kill the bugs.
It's not about making first players millionaires...

Reddwing
11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I just wanted to try the game earlier, as I'm not currently playing any other STS games. I'm no "hardcore" gamer and wont be sad if consequences were to come.
I'm just gonna wait for the iOS version since I never really liked gaming on my phone. :D It was fun while it lasted!

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 02:47 AM

That's such a retard logic. That statement is not for you to say. STS determined that Canada and Australia would suffice, these people who are jumping the fence are the ones who's acting like kids who can't hold their addiction to a game, pity. Got one word for them: Discipline.

PS: I hope they ban people who're illegitimately playing the game. These are breaches to the implementing guideline of STS, crucial at that. Every android user could very well play right at this moment and possibly hamper what could have been a very smooth phase just because a bunch of kids who can't wait properly instigated it. FYI, this is not a contained issue as almost everyone I know in PL are already aware of this and it'll be matter of time (maybe a couple of hours) before they all jump in to AL. I'm neither from Canada or Australia, but I could play AL too even without that APK (there are other ways, the internet is not bound by geographical limitations, only by codes) but I'm not doing it because I have enough discipline. These people are just feeling things out and waiting if there will be consequences from STS side.

LwMark
11-09-2012, 03:07 AM
I got my first infraction :/

Feke
11-09-2012, 03:16 AM
deleted..

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 03:20 AM
If someone took his/her time to search for the .apk for hours just to play for a day or two, and gave only one feedback about a bug... that person is the one who really cares about the game, not the one who got the game (no matter what way) and just rushing to get the maximum of everything from the game.
As anyone can already play the game if really want to, You should see, that your quoted text isn't about jelausity as You may think. Everyone could get rich in the game, but some players think (ME TOO) that the Limited release wasn't given to players for that.
As it was stated somewhere by a dev., it is made for testing the economy and the game.

Not for you to say, there's a guideline, if you really care for the game then your role is to follow those guidelines and not to think of ways to bypass it. These players who got in the game may not be the best players but either way you have to respect STS decision. This is all about having rules and following those rules, and nothing else, not about you caring the game more than the other guy. The picture is plain and simply, don't make it complicated. Again, I hope they ban these people, if this were in another game, this is insta ban, STS is just being too nice now.

PS: I quoted your post before you deleted it.

Growwle
11-09-2012, 03:41 AM
People who do not live in Canada or Australia, who installed the .apk and played the game should be punished. Don't buy the cute "I heard from someone that it was ok." Line, we all know who STS intended to play in this limited release. I can't speak for other countries, but I know the US is full of cheats and scammers who have no honor.

LwMark
11-09-2012, 04:31 AM
They should find everyone who did it and PERMA BAN THEM ALL! no exceptions!

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Quite funny, I personally PM'd Sam asking if he would like to Beta test (As I have a lot of experience with bugs, knowing how to post them for the best possible solution/fix. Have experience in their titles, and a big "fund" rasier of their cause. Reproducing them to close to 100% before posting etc)

Sam said that he appreciated the gesture, however preferred if less experienced/new player/members that haven't played any of the titles before did so. This suggests to me that StS aren't exactly looking for bug testing, and if so they should have stayed in the Beta stage, not releasing to Cana/Aus = Leak.

So who ever are joining are playing and dropping the odd bug/suggestion. If StS based all use around this they would have had a lot more "bug testing" going on, helping to release the game sooner.

Who ever the "insiders" are seem to be breaking things that never needed fixing in the first place. (Especially taking any kind of "Hardcore/Elite" out of the game.

@Talk about it being against ToS etc, members have PM'd "certain" dev's asking if it was okay to do so, and the response was "no problem".

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 06:59 AM
That's such a retard logic. That statement is not for you to say. STS determined that Canada and Australia would suffice, these people who are jumping the fence are the ones who's acting like kids who can't hold their addiction to a game, pity. Got one word for them: Discipline.

PS: I hope they ban people who're illegitimately playing the game. These are breaches to the implementing guideline of STS, crucial at that. Every android user could very well play right at this moment and possibly hamper what could have been a very smooth phase just because a bunch of kids who can't wait properly instigated it. FYI, this is not a contained issue as almost everyone I know in PL are already aware of this and it'll be matter of time (maybe a couple of hours) before they all jump in to AL. I'm neither from Canada or Australia, but I could play AL too even without that APK (there are other ways, the internet is not bound by geographical limitations, only by codes) but I'm not doing it because I have enough discipline. These people are just feeling things out and waiting if there will be consequences from STS side.

Why do you keep spoiling? And your post may get deleted Mister.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Why do you keep spoiling? And your post may get deleted Mister.

I already reported you for using .apk, so even if they delete my posts here, it's OK :D That's the least I could do to help STS filter those who uses .apk because I know it's very hard for them to check one by one :D Good luck!

PS: I hope people are pro-active enough as well to report similar people who uses .apk...doesn't matter if they get banned or not (a ban would be preferred though)...making a point is enough :D It's all about following the guidelines and helping STS identify the bad apples because STS can't see everything. Start the game community right fellas, with proper mindset :D They say we wait, let's wait.

Aeroflame
11-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Alright, seems this is a battle of the high horses, so let me mount mine.

*ahem*

First of all, growwle, you need to watch what you say about America, because you need to check your own closet before you start saying crap about others. The fact that it was released in Canada and Australia wasn't because you deserve it, it was because they FELT the more non-experienced ones were in those locations. Malware can come from any country bud, and anyone can scam, so you need to re-word that statement. You're getting way too excited with your moral logic there.

Secondly, a number of people have already spoken to moderators about developers about the leaked apk, and there isn't a rule in the TERMS OF SERVICE saying you couldn't play it. All they said was it was being released in that area, for an experiment they're conducting, and having too many players bypassing the restriction isn't good for that experiment.

No use being a goody two-shoes reporting someone for not doing anything wrong, and speaking as if you're entitled to the game. Ok you got it first, we understand, if players complain about being unable to get it first, it isn't your duty to tell them they don't deserve it.

So please, stop speaking like you all break no rules and do no wrong. This is just an overspill of anticipation, so... enough.

Rare
11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I can't speak for other countries, but I know the US is full of cheats and scammers who have no honor.

Ignorant statements like this make you look very low rent.

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
I already reported you for using .apk, so even if they delete my posts here, it's OK :D That's the least I could do to help STS filter those who uses .apk because I know it's very hard for them to check one by one :D Good luck!

PS: I hope people are pro-active enough as well to report similar people who uses .apk...doesn't matter if they get banned or not (a ban would be preferred though)...making a point is enough :D It's all about following the guidelines and helping STS identify the bad apples because STS can't see everything. Start the game community right fellas, with proper mindset :D They say we wait, let's wait.

Lol made my day xD

Aeroflame
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Ignorant statements like this make you look very low rent.

mmhmm yes yes indeed v_v

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 08:25 AM

*ahem*

First of all, growwle, you need to watch what you say about America, because you need to check your own closet before you start saying crap about others. The fact that it was released in Canada and Australia wasn't because you deserve it, it was because they FELT the more non-experienced ones were in those locations. Malware can come from any country bud, and anyone can scam, so you need to re-word that statement. You're getting way too excited with your moral logic there.

Secondly, a number of people have already spoken to moderators about developers about the leaked apk, and there isn't a rule in the TERMS OF SERVICE saying you couldn't play it. All they said was it was being released in that area, for an experiment they're conducting, and having too many players bypassing the restriction isn't good for that experiment.

No use being a goody two-shoes reporting someone for not doing anything wrong, and speaking as if you're entitled to the game. Ok you got it first, we understand, if players complain about being unable to get it first, it isn't your duty to tell them they don't deserve it.

So please, stop speaking like you all break no rules and do no wrong. This is just an overspill of anticipation, so... enough.

There are 4 rules in ToS that I think these people using .apk violated, you don't need to be a developer to understand what it says. But it's entirely up to them what actions they'll take, I'm just saying, because it's unfair that I'm observing it when these people are violating it (I might as well violate it too if that's the case). Just for the sake of discussion. But as far as violations, you need to read the ToS again :D Here let me quote them for you.

* hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

* imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service or otherwise interferes with any Game

* uses or possesses programs to 'crack' the Spacetime Applications, including its software or other Internet security tools;

* acts in any way which Spacetime deems harmful to Spacetime's integrity or business.

How obvious can it be? you're practically cracking AL (check), you're giving STS unreasonable load when you're not supposed to (check), your account is high risk for key loggers therefore compromising the integrity of your account which is the property of STS (check), and used a third party software unauthorized and you more than modify the game, you cracked the game wide open (check). I'm not sure if you were referring to me, but I did report someone, and I'll be assuming you are referring to me (if not, ignore the next part) and I'm far from being a goody two-shoes :D I am entitled to the game what are you talking about? I'm a customer too, and that's the reason why we have report functions, right? I'm not telling anyone they don't deserve to play, I'm telling them they violated the ToS, I'm not playing police, do it all you want, I'm just saying I'm reporting you if you do it (I'm just saying I'll call you out if you do it and report you, but do it, go ahead :D, let's just say, this is is how I like to roll atm). Play all you want if you're from Canada or Australia, no problemo :D Anyways, If you're not using .apk, there's no issue right :D Are you using .apk?

Aeroflame
11-09-2012, 08:38 AM
* hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

* imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service or otherwise interferes with any Game

* uses or possesses programs to 'crack' the Spacetime Applications, including its software or other Internet security tools;

* acts in any way which Spacetime deems harmful to Spacetime's integrity or business.

1. The game is not hacked, there is no cheat.
2. There is no load imposed on sts or any game. And the fact that devs give an explanation as to why it isn't released proves that there is nothing unreasonable about it.
3. There is no "crack" to the game. No one is modifying THE GAME, no one is tampering with its software or tools. The ones who released it would have been at fault even if you wanna follow that logic.
4. Spacetime isn't stupid. If it found it harmful, devs would've banned anyone who's openly admitted to it.

This has nothing to do with me, I've already stated my opinion and left it as is. It's not your place to do their job.

morfic
11-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Oh crap. Leaked apk?? Sweeeet

ninjaduck
11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Whiners = infraction
Apk leakers = ban
Everyone else = nothing

Problem solved. Thread closed.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
1. The game is not hacked, there is no cheat.
2. There is no load imposed on sts or any game. And the fact that devs give an explanation as to why it isn't released proves that there is nothing unreasonable about it.
3. There is no "crack" to the game. No one is modifying THE GAME, no one is tampering with its software or tools. The ones who released it would have been at fault even if you wanna follow that logic.
4. Spacetime isn't stupid. If it found it harmful, devs would've banned anyone who's openly admitted to it.

This has nothing to do with me, I've already stated my opinion and left it as is. It's not your place to do their job.

1. I didn't say there was a hack/cheat, it's the use of unauthorized third party program.
2. Since the person accessing it is not "welcome" that makes him an unreasonable load.
3. This is the nearest in the ToS I could find where it refers to a player intentionally bypassing the implementing guidelines, that's why I said "practically", it means by application you're using an .apk file which are basically just series of applications so you can gain access to the game. It's a leak. Technically, that's not cracking true, but it's very close to it in intent since it involves bypassing the intention of STS to subdue traffic anywhere except Canada and Australia. Sometimes, the spirit is more important than the superficial.
4. That's what we're about to find out, right? This thread is a "warning" why would Redstapler even make this thread if it wasn't harmful. Take notice.

Again, are you using .apk? If not, then we don't have to discuss anything really. If you're using .apk, then I'll simply report you using my points above. If you're not, then...nothing to talk about. :D

PS: LOL @ Astrocat, liking everything that says it's legit to use .apk man we could be friends, you're a character.

Dalinuel
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
1. I didn't say there was a hack/cheat, it's the use of unauthorized third party program.
2. Since the person accessing it is not "welcome" that makes him an unreasonable load.
3. This is the nearest in the ToS I could find where it refers to a player intentionally bypassing the implementing guidelines, that's why I said "practically", it means by application you're using an .apk file which are basically just series of applications so you can gain access to the game. It's a leak. Technically, that's not cracking true, but it's very close to it in intent since it involves bypassing the intention of STS to subdue traffic anywhere except Canada and Australia. Sometimes, the spirit is more important than the superficial.
4. That's what we're about to find out, right? This thread is a "warning" why would Redstapler even make this thread if it wasn't harmful. Take notice.

Again, are you using .apk? If not, then we don't have to discuss anything really. If you're using .apk, then I'll simply report you using my points above. If you're not, then...nothing to talk about. :D

Why so serious? Calm down there bro

morfic
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
If you're using .apk, then I'll simply report you using my points above.

Lol. You're sucking up a bit too hard.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Lol. You're sucking up a bit too hard.

Do I look like I'm sucking up after all I've posted in the past? LOL! Recently, I just bashed STS for failing to improve on guild mechanics, criticized them on them on how much of a disappointment PvP is in PL. I like to be unpredictable You want to be friends?

Dalinuel
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM
He's a one man vigilante... Im sure spacetime studio's can handle their jobs :beer: :D :beer: cheers it the weekend buddy

morfic
11-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Do I look like I'm sucking up after all I've posted in the past? LOL! Recently, I just bashed STS for failing to improve on guild mechanics, criticized them on them on how much of a disappointment PvP is in PL. I like to be unpredictable :D You want to be friends?

Yes.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Why so serious? Calm down there bro

How you know I'm not laughing my kitten off now? :D *Cheers*

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Vampinoy, your attitude won't make you stay long on forums. Just saying.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Vampinoy, your attitude won't make you stay long on forums. Just saying.

Actually...just a little info about me, I've been here for over a year and a half in the forums I just went by many names, currently inactive in STS games, planning to make a comeback in AL :D I'm usually the villain...so...you're actually complimenting me with that statement. But I think we never got formally introduced and we're obviously getting off the wrong foot...anyway, back on topic please :D I try to make valid points and make them as constructive as I can :D That .apk thing you did, that really is uncool.

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
oh crap. Leaked apk?? Sweeeet

y u no check ur pms!!!! :o

morfic
11-09-2012, 09:47 AM
y u no check ur pms!!!! :o

<3!

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Actually...just a little info about me, I've been here for over a year and a half in the forums I just went by many names, currently inactive in STS games, planning to make a comeback in AL :D I'm usually the villain...so...you're actually complimenting me with that statement. But I think we never got formally introduced and we're obviously getting off the wrong foot...anyway, back on topic please :D I try to make valid points and make them as constructive as I can :D That .apk thing you did, that really is uncool.

Lol your ridiculous, all you do in your days is spoiling and reporting. Nice community member you are :rolleyes:.

Aeroflame
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Batman. That's my response. But yeah let's get off vamp's junk, and vice versa for vamp. I'm more insulted about what's his face bashing Americans in general. So Lets leave this alone.

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Vampinoy, to get your facts in order, read this

can i say the technique of how the sites managed to get the apk?

Simple...
1) Root Your Droid
2) Install Market Enabler
3) Open it and Fake Canada Market..After that It will flash some scripts in root of ur device enabling ur access to canada playstore
4) Simply Open Play store And install a game called "Arcane Legends"

U see ^^the positive side of rooting or jailbreaking ...no worries of malware or stuffs just downloaded from actuall play store...

Well See its nothing of breaking TOS..its just using a bit of BRAINS and the power of ANDROID...

Rik[Rittik]

There. Your argument about me being against the ToS IS RUBBISH, have a great day!

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Vampinoy, to get your facts in order, read this

There. Your argument about me being against the ToS IS RUBBISH, have a great day!

Uh-huh...you quoted him and he suggests to root your android and fake your location...right :D Won't argue with you there...that's actually what I'm trying to say...faking to get away with something, smart true, but uncool :D We'll see, it's not in my hands now Astrocat :D

Astrocat
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Uh-huh...you quoted him and he suggests to root your android and fake your location...right :D Won't argue with you there...that's actually what I'm trying to say...faking to get away with something, smart true, but uncool :D We'll see, it's not in my hands now Astrocat :D

Your just wrong. Cya

Rare
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Do you know what "3rd party software" means?

There is plenty to talk about.

I'm sure STS is enjoying the spam that they will have to go through. Regardless of whether what you're doing is right or not, nobody likes a tattle tale. An important life lesson

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Do you know what "3rd party software" means?

There is plenty to talk about

Whatever Redstapler says "We ask that you please be patient and not search for the APK on other sites. Also, downloading a third party APK opens your phone up to malware, and nobody wants that!". I think my definition and Redstapler's are pretty much in sync :D What's yours?

Growwle
11-09-2012, 10:15 AM

*ahem*

As an American, I can critique Americans all I want, it is freedom of speech.

Justg
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Actually, on our boards we can moderate as we please.

Thread has gone a bit askew, I think we have made our point about it. Locking up now.

*clickety-clack*