PDA

View Full Version : Dual spec. character discussion

Techno Email
11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
One of the things I find interesting about PL is how the different classes have the option to wear gear for any class, depending on how they build out their character's stat. points. I tend to go all-in on one stat., even if it isn't my class's traditional stat. because itemsets at the higher level are only obtained for wearing all archer/enchantress/warrior stat'd gear. However, I know there are several viable dual spec options for each class. I'm interested in hearing about some cool dual spec. build outs.

If you have an interesting dual-spec character that you'd like to share some info about, here are a couple things I'm curious about:

1. What advantages does your dual-spec. build out offer?
- If there are no advantages, what do you find compelling about this build out?

2. Is this spec. particularly viable at certain level ranges?
- If so, which levels?

3. Is the spec. more advantageous in PVP or PVE game types?
- If so, which game type is it better for and why?

4. Which abilities do you invest most in with this spec.?

5. What type of gear makes this spec. more viable?
- Does the gear tend to have Str, Dex, or Int stat requirements?
- Do you prefer defensive or damage stat's on this character's gear?

6. SHOW OFF!! Do you have any screenies of your character?
- I'd love to see them, especially if your character looks unique, has unusual stat.'s (DUH - see thread name ;P) or is just totally SWEET! :single_eye:

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Simply, the only time you dual spec is in some twink levels and bears... Otherwise, pure all the way!

Edit:
Actually... You guys have been making many op sets, almost forcing those try-hards to dual spec lol...

My best dual-spec-er:
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/4ed453f138de1c0929d952dad34d1df1.jpg

Yich
11-07-2012, 06:40 PM
One of the things I find interesting about PL is how the different classes have the option to wear gear for any class, depending on how they build out their character's stat. points. I tend to go all-in on one stat., even if it isn't my class's traditional stat. because itemsets at the higher level are only obtained for wearing all archer/enchantress/warrior stat'd gear. However, I know there are several viable dual spec options for each class. I'm interested in hearing about some cool dual spec. build outs.

If you have an interesting dual-spec character that you'd like to share some info about, here are a couple things I'm curious about:

- If so, which levels?

- I'd love to see them, especially if your character looks unique, has unusual stat.'s (DUH - see thread name ;P) or is just totally SWEET! :single_eye:

Are devs not allowed to do a bit of field work? If I had your job, Id have a regular character or two and learn more from experience.

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Are devs not allowed to do a bit of field work? If I had your job, Id have a regular character or two and learn more from experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs were the noobs we spawn and rush lmao... But usually... When you dual spec, always have dex :)!

Noodleleg
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Str mage. Your arguement is invalid. Lol, jk, but str mages are pretty tuff.

I see many pallies do half str and dex o_O... Yich, let's shine some pvp experience on these noobie developers :D!

Yich
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I see many pallies do half str and dex o_O... Yich, let's shine some pvp experience on these noobie developers :D!
Sure why not. Ok Techno. For low level, dual spec is mostly just birds who want enough strength to wear armsman but want dex for the OP forgotten bow. Mages usually pure dex it along with bears, because melee weapons are useless at levels 20-. This is entirely from a PvP standpoint.

Zaheris
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
A lot of dual spec builds (archers especially)are mainly for PvP, such as warbird.

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Technically I think you mean Hybrids. We used the term dual-spec back when the bonuses from items were applied to the prerequisites such that we were able to make characters who could change between dex, str, or int gear (usually just two gears). They nerfed dual-specs (doolies) when they ported some code from SL that made it so only base stats would count towards prerequisites.

For hybrids, one of my favorite tricks is the Sandstone Caves gear. It all has really low prerequisites. You can actually be a dual-spec still, if you are the right level and you use only SSC gear. My favorite tweak here is using SSC str gear on a bird. They are much less squishy this way.

Conradin
11-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I second the notion that dex is almost always used in a hybrid. On my "Pally" i am really a str/dex at lvl 51

Suentous PO
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Well duel works well for all builds for different reasons, but I was wondering:
Why are pure str bears good at nothing compared to others? From a game design perspective they may live but they can't hit the broad side of a barn. Both other classes reward a pure build, but not bears?!? O.o

cookiez
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, at 56 MAGE Im pure int all the way! Nuke ftw!!!

But when I was 51 I was quite surprised when screwing around with builds/stats/gear how well this worked
108 str/rest on int
Lvl. 51 mm wand
Lvl. 51 ff shield
Lvl. 51 ff armor
Lvl. 51 ff helm
My nuke was powerful, birds couldn't touch me, and I owned all MAGes except 1. My kd greatly improved and I had a lot of fun. Eventually as my skill increased I moved on to full int will mm set. I'd suggest to beginers to 51 to try it out:)

lol if anyone remembers me doing this:)

airslash
11-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Lol remember the time when the void set , rift set, cosmos set, cost about 1m? Remember how we used to dual spec? I'm pretty sure we used items like shivering, frozen, brain freeze to get the extra points in str, dex, or int and then put our real sets on :D good times good times

noperly22
11-07-2012, 07:52 PM
i was thinking that they should have certain items that need both stat points in order to be used, they would be duel spec items.. :D sound good techno?:D

Conradin
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, at 56 MAGE Im pure int all the way! Nuke ftw!!!

But when I was 51 I was quite surprised when screwing around with builds/stats/gear how well this worked
108 str/rest on int
Lvl. 51 mm wand
Lvl. 51 ff shield
Lvl. 51 ff armor
Lvl. 51 ff helm
My nuke was powerful, birds couldn't touch me, and I owned all MAGes except 1. My kd greatly improved and I had a lot of fun. Eventually as my skill increased I moved on to full int will mm set. I'd suggest to beginers to 51 to try it out:)

lol if anyone remembers me doing this:)

Who was your pally? I was Aeogod. I can't remember if i fought you

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Well duel works well for all builds for different reasons, but I was wondering:
Why are pure str bears good at nothing compared to others? From a game design perspective they may live but they can't hit the broad side of a barn. Both other classes reward a pure build, but not bears?!? O.o

pure str bears are supposed to taunt and draw attacks to their awesome armor while the pure dex birds stay back and shoot high dps and the mages heal and debuff... it wasn't designed for PvP but for group play, so they figure if PvP is all bird v. bird it's ok

Cavoc
11-07-2012, 08:55 PM
The majority of dual spec characters, usually have strength + their traditional stats. For instance str/int mages, str/dex bears, str/dex birds.
These are the most common in my opinion. Full dex birds die way to easily, and full strength bears don't do enough damage, and you're basically there to get hit. (Which isnt fun in my opinion)
I think this is because each character should have the potential to be independent.
The strength gives the character a better chance to live, and the traditional stats gives the character a chance to kill.

I have two lvl 70 characters. A level 70 str/dex bear, and a lvl 70 str/dex bird. They have basically the same stats, and when i want to use a different character,
I just stash the gear on one, and put it on the other. This saves me loads of money.

AbsolutePally
11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I really think making items/gear class specific would be great.

Yich
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Would kinda kill the uniqueness if everyone had to use the same amount of points in a particular area...

AbsolutePally
11-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Would kinda kill the uniqueness if everyone had to use the same amount of points in a particular area...

Would also force players to learn their class, use strategy/skill and have multiple cases for different situations. Which would improve their knowledge of dynamics.

Yich
11-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Would also force players to learn their class, use strategy/skill and have multiple cases for different situations. Which would improve their knowledge of dynamics.

I dont get where you got any of that from except the third maybe. Part of the strategy in endgame is not just what you spend your skill points in, but your attributes as well. The exact amount is your choice for now, and I think thats a good thing.

AbsolutePally
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
I dont get where you got any of that from except the third maybe. Part of the strategy in endgame is not just what you spend your skill points in, but your attributes as well. The exact amount is your choice for now, and I think thats a good thing.

Ik my views of pvp are pretty radical. But I do believe that playing other classes helps you get better BC you learn strengths and weaknesses of other classes when fighting. For example I was a pally, all about pally since Nov 2010. I learned to play the class well, and found out how birds can defeat pallies. So with my bird i'm thus able to take down a pally BC I know how I was taken down. I think everyone needs to experience all.aspects of pvp from many perspectives. I've grown from a pally, to being able to use all classes with a high degree of proficiency. My mage can take down bears, my bird can beat mages/warbirds, my bear can beat dex birds. More often then not that is.

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 10:57 PM
45 dex mage
66 int bird
Would be cool if you added sets designed for certain specs like an item that took dex and int or something
Int and ursan
Idk would be more work tho

Htiek
11-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Here my triple spec warrior

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5305/screenshot201211081749.png

Fastcast
11-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Ive played dual dex/int mage since I started this game I run through maps using Sharp scepter sets for mobs/tanking and when I get To the boss I change loadouts To my Flying Recurve set for boss pwnage dex mage has high crit skills when it comes to the boss and for the fast bow shots it usually takes any boss down quickly. Some of you know what im talkin about when it came to sewer days when whole party switched to Custom recurve set and the end of every map to pwn the boss in a instant. PvP has become a Bit tuff with all the str/dodge folks running around but if you got skills you can make it.

Ixillicus
11-08-2012, 06:41 AM
There are a few main reasons why people choose to go dual spec.

1. Bears dual spec with str and dex otherwise their hit % is too low. A pure str tank would be very hard to kill, but would miss so often it probably wouldn't kill you either.

2. Birds dual spec with str so they don't get mowed down as easily. A pure dex bird can pump out damage but has low armor and no buffs to improve its ability to take damage.

3. Mages are generally pure because they have it all. (Suitable hit %, armor.dmg, skill dmg etc).

4. The next reason is as Fast mentioned... That by being dual spec a character can use two sets. A tanking set for the mobs and a DPS set for the boss.

Some of the perks to a hybrid set mix are nice too. Like using beastly armor helm and buckler with a flying talon on a bird or bear gives high dodges and armor while having high DPS from range and hit%. The downside to these mixes is that there is no set bonus.

dudetus
11-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Yap.

Items class specific so we don't have nub warbirds anymoar.

Mage till the end
11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Yap.

Items class specific so we don't have nub warbirds anymoar.

Comeing from the int bird ;)

Zapoke
11-08-2012, 09:03 AM
198251. What advantages does your dual-spec. build out offer?
My duel spec. build gives me more hit, weapon damage, nuke power, and attack range. Also, it lets me use the best designed weapon in-game! (Death shotgun)

- If so, which levels?
My spec. is very good at levels 22-60 on mages, then again at 66.

I feel my spec. is best in PvP, but usable in PvE.

Damage skills and buffs first. (drain, frostbite, fire over lightning and ice storm)

Dex usually, but at 66 and pre-50 I also tend to use Int gear with dex.
Damage.

wvhills
11-08-2012, 09:30 AM
hi techno, is this because of the email I sent u? hehe.

Well, here's my take on things:

At endgame pvp:
bears: will always be dual dex/str otherwise their hit % will be 66 since str doesn't add hit. Without a high hit % their beckons miss too much and they are useless. The good tank bears (what few we have left) will run str sets because bow bears become to squishy to cc unless they are on elixirs or have a good group of mages and birds who debuff and kill before the bear is taken down.
imo, in pve the best mages are pure int and the best birds are pure dex. You will see an occassional warbird and pally running around but the added str (while increasing their survivability) greatly reduces their damage output and they can't contribute to the group as much as pure. A pally and warbird may argue that they can stay alive and keep aggro but I haven't seen one yet that keeps aggro when a pure dex bird or pure int mage is in the group. The only plus for a pally, imo, is they can stay alive to rev the group.

in endgame pvp:
Bears will still always be hybrid dex/str but will run in str sets.
Birds will compare the dex and str sets and go with whichever one gives them the greatest chance of success. In humania I felt like it was the phantom crossbow with it's dodge. With blacksmoke there are lots more going with the str set.
Mages will compare between int and str. i'd say 75% of mages at endgame pvp now are str.

low level pvp:
Bow bears rule from levels 10-29. It's hard to fight against level 6 rage. Once you get to 30 you start seeing more of a diversity of builds until you get up to the sewers and then you start seeing alot of the same as I explained in the endgame pvp section.

MightyMicah
11-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Comeing from the int bird ;)

Hehe int bird is many things but it isn't nub ;)

Kraze
11-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Nerdy bird ftw! Talons being available and worth using are hit and miss where as wands are always reliable

Suentous PO
11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
pure str bears are supposed to taunt and draw attacks to their awesome armor while the pure dex birds stay back and shoot high dps and the mages heal and debuff... it wasn't designed for PvP but for group play, so they figure if PvP is all bird v. bird it's ok
Even in group play it doesn't work well unless you have some dex to hit.
Sory to derail what's supposed to be a discussion on duel, I just saw an opportunity to point out this oddness to TE. Pure is viable for all but bears.

GoodSyntax
11-08-2012, 10:51 AM
My two main toons are a Pally and Bow Bear. I've had a few other twinks that employed weird builds, but I don't use them much anymore, so I can't comment on what other builds are effective.

PALADIN BUILD:
In all honesty, I started moving towards a Pally build for my mage during the Sewers expansion. Between the huge mobs and those darn fire-traps, my squishy INT mage did not have the armor or HP to survive. Then, during the Nuri's expansion (pre-nerf of course), I committed more STR to my toon because the mobs hit so hard that even a hybrid INT/STR build was not enough. During the Mt. Fang expansion, I noticed that the INT Crafted set added a lot of armor and dodge. I didn't change my attribute allocation, thinking that Mt. Fang was an anomaly, considering that every other expansion did not bring much armor to INT sets. When Humania came about, between the Angel sets and the Offensive/Defensive sets, I was still seeing that armor and dodge was high for the class so I have stopped allocating STR to my build - mostly to increase my skill damage. It may sound strange, but right now, I am comfortable enough with my (almost) Pally build to run with the Sea Devil set most of the time. Because of my high STR allocation, I have enough armor, hp, hp regen and dodge that I can offset the damage losses from lower INT attributes with a staff as my primary weapon.

I am a bit concerned with the new Blacksmoke sets because even now, my Sea Devil set offers more armor, damage and crit than a comparable level 75 set. I am hoping that the introduction of crafting will bring damage and crit back up to Humania sets if not surpassing them.

BOW BEAR:
I started my bear as pure STR, but with such a low hit %, I was missing more often than hitting. Then, with the Forgotten event coming about, I looted a bunch of low and midrange level bows and decided to go with a 50/50 DEX/STR build so I could equip the bows. After the base requirement update on the Forgotten items, I reallocated to a 60/30 DEX/STR build so I could continue using the bows.

Frankly, and I know that you've heard this a million times over, the FBows are very overpowering. They're great for PvE, and essentially a requirement for PvP, so I have stuck with the build. The added DEX ensures that my Beckon usually lands, as does my Stomp. The added damage and crit coming from the bows ensures that I can actually kill mobs and control them too. Granted, the lower armor hurts, but maxing out Rage helps to somewhat mitigate that, as does the added Dodge.

Ultimately, the problem with pure STR bears is that their hit % is so low, but the armor, hp pool and hp regen are so high that they essentially become punching bags - so they usually can't be taken down, but they also can't really kill anything either.

Yich
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
low level pvp:
Bow bears rule from levels 10-29. It's hard to fight against level 6 rage. Once you get to 30 you start seeing more of a diversity of builds until you get up to the sewers and then you start seeing alot of the same as I explained in the endgame pvp section.

Da hail? Bow bears get pooped on by birds and half decent mages at these levels... Bear is just a more common and traditional character for low level.

TANKKAAR
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Taunting doesnt work if it misses half the mob, along with the fact that bears are supposed to be crowd control... They have more use then just "taunt", such as tuant, beckon into a wall (or other confined area),Hell scream to reduce the mobs hit%, and then stomping them into a stun while other squishy toons get all the glory for the kills. Long story short have you ever tried to do any of thes when half the skills you fire off miss? Applying max dex to any strength bear is the only way to be an efficiant tank bear (even if it does open you up to recieving a little more damage) in either PVP or in PVE.

Superduper
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
PvP pally with str is ridiculously hard to kill. Especially with the new 75 str set 40+ dodge. Absolutely ridiculous.

DocDoBig
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
My bird has 50%Dex-50%Str

Techno Email
11-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Very interesting discussion, guys! :)

I added a poll, because polls are cool. ;P I added a couple options to the poll that I think are pertinent to the discussion, despite not being dual spec.. :)

GoodSyntax
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Very interesting discussion, guys! :)

I added a poll, because polls are cool. ;P I added a couple options to the poll that I think are pertinent to the discussion, despite not being dual spec.. :)

You forgot to add full INT to the poll

wvhills
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
PvP pally with str is ridiculously hard to kill. Especially with the new 75 str set 40+ dodge. Absolutely ridiculous.

yes, yes to super you should listen.

Sciazaratek
11-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Full int , non-Mage is missing

wvhills
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM

it's missing for a reason. lol.

Bunnyshoota
11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Pure str, non bear ftw

Techno Email
11-08-2012, 04:20 PM

I could only add 5 options. I didn't see many posts about Archers or Warriors going full Int., so I left that one out. :)

I wonder if anyone has found a way for such a build out to be viable...:rapture:

wvhills
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I could only add 5 options. I didn't see many posts about Archers or Warriors going full Int., so I left that one out. :)

I wonder if anyone has found a way for such a build out to be viable...:rapture:

No, lol. Mysticaldream tried but he said the best he could ever get was just "ok".

Suentous PO
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Id vote in the poll but without being able to qualify which class you're referring Kinda makes it random data.
Back on topic I made Cobear a int (mostly)/dex build with the angel int set and I really like him now.

Fyrce
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I might still have an int bear or an int bird but yeah, it's more novelty than great play.

Techno Email
11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Simply, the only time you dual spec is in some twink levels and bears... Otherwise, pure all the way!

Edit:
Actually... You guys have been making many op sets, almost forcing those try-hards to dual spec lol...

My best dual-spec-er:
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/4ed453f138de1c0929d952dad34d1df1.jpg

This Warrior looks like a badass, BTW.

Noodleleg
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
This Warrior looks like a badass, BTW.

Ty... And.... \.-. VREWM VREWM EET KEEL YEW WEETH EETZ LOHN MOER ;)!

Jcyee
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
with an endgame bear being my main, i prefer a dex-str build. for a mage, dex-int/pure int would be best for pve. pure int/int-str would work well in pvp

Chickenrunnn
11-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Hello everyone :)

This is the thread I was waiting for for ages :D! I'm gonna speak for a long time...

So, I've tested nearly all lvls :).. Here are my thoguhts :
lvl16 : this lvl is kinda balanced, even if dex bears using forgotten bow nearly own everyone. (Full DEX)
lvl26 : mage with forgotten bow (INT/DEX or FULL DEX) hits 350, and birds dodge all hitting the same.. Birds dodge bear,s pull,, they just stay 10m far, and auto kill...
lvl30 : Mages using mana shield cannot be killed. (INT:DEX builts, or full dex using forgotten and kiting)
vl35 : everyone can kill everyone.. bird (FULL DEX) owns, Mage (INT/DEX) using forgotten also, and good bears cannot b killed.
lvl40 : not many people there ^^.. there are more lvl37, and birds mages with forgotten r good. Bear (INT/DEX/STR) are VERY VERY good O.O)
lvl45 : not much people there too :/.. My bird lvl45 full dex cannot be killed :)
lvl50 : not many people there also xD.. Mages full int using death set, or bird full dex using death set are very good
lvl55 : I've just started it yesterday, so I cannot speak much about it :).. Seems to be nice.
lvl75 : I haven't lvl up my bird yet.. I'm sure it will b awesome with new crafted gear.. :P

Yeah lol.. In all lower lvls, you cannot not have a forgotten bow.. you'd die in the minute

In pvp..
in lower levels :
for birds, mages, bears, Dex is more advantageous.. Give HIT%, Damage, dodge.
for mages, int and dex are more advantageous
for bears, full dex is more advantageous..

in higher levels

full dex for birds, Str dex for bears, full int or int dex for mages..

Mages :

Blessings, drain fire light..

Birds :

break, blind, focus, evasion, blast

Bears :

Reckon stomp to make people fly xD..
jk :) Reckon, iron, rage, SmS

Yeah : forgotten bows lol :).. I've purchased one for each of my chars x)
Pumpkin chunkers has become good too for range :).. but they have less DPS than forgotten..

With the forgotten, damage style is the way to be :(

Extra Suggestions ^^

In CtF, there is something called "spawning"..

The opposite team wait for you in your own spawning place, generally they are 3 to be sure you can't survive, and kill u before you could do anything when you sawn.
This is REALLY boring and lame, and it makes me mad each time.. Something NEEDS to be done about that...

So I thought.. I wondered for days of ways that would stop spawning, avoiding farming kills, and many argues because that...

Here is a list of solution which could be done to STOP the spawning issue :

1ST SOLUTION : The Invisible Wall.

Make like an invisible wall, in front of each spawning place, which would compel the other team's player yo
enter into your room.
This invisible wall would stop any guys who have flags, to avoid the flag holder to hide into his own spawning place..

2ND SOLUTION : The Spawning Immunity (Patsoe Idea)

It shouldn't be hard to be made since it already exists in pve for plats..

When you spawn, you would get 3-4 Seconds of immunity which would avoid you to die spawned.

3RD SOLUTION : The Immunity Room

You would be invincible into your spawning room, but once you have left the room, you cannot be invincible anymore until you spawn again into your room.

In PvP this time, there is a fashion those days.. A lame, bad, and sad fashion which is rushing..

You know.. Rushing.. Let me tell you a story :)

______

Once upon a time, in a far away country called Alterra, a lil' nice lovely mage was running to Forest manor, to have a wave to his lover, the wonderfully ugly elf queen..
He had bought mother's day flowers to go and ask elf queen to be his wife..
Suddently, a big flash.. He couldn't understand what happened, and he will never have the chance to declaration of love : he was dead..

No, it's not a truck or a car which hitted him, but a group of rushers, thirsting for fresh blood, easy kills, to get their stats better..
He couldn't feel the puke, of the murederers, on him, since he was dead, but his lil' frail corpse was lying there, on the floor..
_______

Hey!! You've just been witness of a rushing crime!! Why don't you report it??
Some rushers said me "It's funny to rush", "it's the way pvp should be" , and "don't pvp if you don't rush"..

Afterwards, when I kill rushers, they call their guild to team me to be sure not to die.. So brave..
But when we start teaming them, there they become lame.. They insult and rage quite, but they are happy of the kills they got from rushing..

______

Do you find this normal?
Before, they were no rushes. People were nice, waiting their turn, and not rushing everyone just for the "so funny pleasure" of rushing...
It is pathetic, sad, evil, mean, selfish, and not funny at all -.-..

So I thought to some solutions to stop it..

1st Solution :

Make a map OFFICIALLY for rushers and another for the people who don't wanna get rushed.. They could rush theirselves, and everyone would be happy..

2nd Solution :

Maybe in the "no rushing map", make a system where you click on the player to ask him in fight.. Until the other didn't accept the fight by clicking on "yes", the other isn't able to kill him..
This would ruin rushers strategies which is running to the guy, buff damage, and kill with 2 skills and 1 auto..

Another suggestion that I had made a long time ago improve pvp training by 100 :D Here it is :) ((Here) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56571-PvP-Training-Room-THE-pvp-training-revolution-idea!&highlight=training+room)

Map Attributes :

It would be a map called "PvP Training Day !"

Kills and the death wouldn't count first of all ==> It would permit to try combos, without having to give a free after the opponent's death, and then, avoid killing PvP K/D..

Secondly, all LvLs could be training together, a lvl5 with a lvl66 for example, who could teach him the basics

Thirdly, you could access it threw guild hall tiers 3.

Here it is :)

I hope I wasn't too long :/..

If more ideas come out to my mind, I'll edit the post :D

Thanks for taking in consideration what I said :banana:

Have a good day ^^!!

EDIT : the Show off part :) More CTF kills than PvE xD...

GoodSyntax
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
^^^ @Chickenrunnn

Totally agree on all points!

TRAINING MAPS:
I too have been trying to promote a training map where higher level toons are encouraged to help "train" others on tactics, skills, combos, etc. I was thinking beyond just PvP, but PvE as well - there are A LOT of toons that could use the training.

With the inclusion of Training Maps, perhaps STS could add a voting system where you could get titles like Private, Leiutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, Lieutenant General, General, etc. based on number of votes from trainees.

It would be cool if, as the host of a training session, you could add tasks, like certain combo's or Mega Combo's where if the party successfully executes the task, you would get points towards the next title. Furthermore, it would also be nice if you could host class-specific training, so a nooby mage could join a mage class, or a bird could join a bird class, etc. Stepping this idea up further would allow you, as the trainer, to construct a party of specific classes to assist with instruction.

ANTI-SPAWNING:
Again, totally agree - and I do like the concept of either temporary immunity or an invisible wall. Either should be easy to implement (immunity in particular considering it already exists in game).

ANTI-RUSHING:
Another good idea that I have been trying to talk up. Essentially, when joining or hosting a PvP match, you have the choice. For non-rushing games, leverage the trading system, where, instead of Trade, it says Challenge, and the fight does not start until the Challenge is accepted.

Awesome ideas - glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts!

Chickenrunnn
11-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Oh :) And more suggestion I had made HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?57516-New-PvP-CTF-content&highlight=Content) ^^

Hey there :

After a long time of playing pvp, I've though about some content which should be added to improve PvP and CTF fun :) Here is a list of them :

A new mode of playing, such as "Keep the Ball" mode : 3-3 teams, 1 all at middle of map, the goal is to take the ball, protect the ball carryer, and the other team needs to kill him to take the ball... the ball carryer would have half damage and half speed. The match would finish at the end of 5minutes of possession.
A PvP training room, including no kills, no deaths, no level restriction (for more details follow this link :) : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56571-PvP-Training-Room-THE-pvp-training-revolution-idea!&highlight=training
A button during a game, on the which you could click to see current Kills, Deaths, Scores
At the end of the game, a screen showing kills AND deaths :D
A CTF leaderboard (kills, deaths, goals)
Locked entrance of the opposite team's spawning room : it would compel Spawners and rushers to spawn kill others, and avod the kills
A new 3-3 Free CTF map, like rockwall, because 3-3 CTFers always play in the same place
A new Humania PvP or CTF room (3-3 and/or 5-5), where there could be a bath which regenerate HP and MANA such as the one in Oasis town.
Many persons wanted a Spectator mode (here is a link for more infos about it http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53316-IDEA!-Spectator-Mode&highlight=spectator+mode)
This idea may be refused by everyone, but items drop for PvPers in pvp and CTF to reward the best players and/or gold per kill (like 1kill=5golds); indeed, why pvp and ctf players won't be able to make money from ctf and pvp ? Afterall, PvP and CTF are another game mode, nearly same as PVe, so I think it will be a really good idea (this is a personnal idea, I think everybody's gonna disagree with it lol)

If I get more ideas, or if I get some more suggestions, in game, which come to my mind, I'll edit the post :)!

Thanks for reading ! And I hope Devs and Mods will read this and take it into account :) Don't hesitate to say if you agree or disagree with some ideas, and don't hesitate to post yours ! :D

Cya ! :D

saool
11-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I really think making items/gear class specific would be great.

I would agree entirely only if we can still use points in other stats too. If this is what you mean then yes it would be great to see a couple players conform to using whatever gear was "originally" intended to be used.

Noodleleg
11-10-2012, 12:25 PM
^^^ @Chickenrunnn

Totally agree on all points!

TRAINING MAPS:
I too have been trying to promote a training map where higher level toons are encouraged to help "train" others on tactics, skills, combos, etc. I was thinking beyond just PvP, but PvE as well - there are A LOT of toons that could use the training.

With the inclusion of Training Maps, perhaps STS could add a voting system where you could get titles like Private, Leiutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, Lieutenant General, General, etc. based on number of votes from trainees.

It would be cool if, as the host of a training session, you could add tasks, like certain combo's or Mega Combo's where if the party successfully executes the task, you would get points towards the next title. Furthermore, it would also be nice if you could host class-specific training, so a nooby mage could join a mage class, or a bird could join a bird class, etc. Stepping this idea up further would allow you, as the trainer, to construct a party of specific classes to assist with instruction.

ANTI-SPAWNING:
Again, totally agree - and I do like the concept of either temporary immunity or an invisible wall. Either should be easy to implement (immunity in particular considering it already exists in game).

ANTI-RUSHING:
Another good idea that I have been trying to talk up. Essentially, when joining or hosting a PvP match, you have the choice. For non-rushing games, leverage the trading system, where, instead of Trade, it says Challenge, and the fight does not start until the Challenge is accepted.

Awesome ideas - glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts!

I don't know how training would work out though... As always, the human is much more smarter than AI. Example... COD :)

GoodSyntax
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't know how training would work out though... As always, the human is much more smarter than AI. Example... COD :)

More training on how to crowd control, how to combo and mega combo, etc.

For instance a task could be to round up 10 bad guys and pull into a corner. If a bear can do that, it's test passed. Other tests could be a freeze/fire combo for mages, deal 500+ damage to 5 enemies simultaneously...well you get the idea. It's all about gameplay and tactics.

Personally, I would probably spend all my time there.

Noodleleg
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
More training on how to crowd control, how to combo and mega combo, etc.

For instance a task could be to round up 10 bad guys and pull into a corner. If a bear can do that, it's test passed. Other tests could be a freeze/fire combo for mages, deal 500+ damage to 5 enemies simultaneously...well you get the idea. It's all about gameplay and tactics.

Personally, I would probably spend all my time there.

Well, if they do release that, it's gonna be STS's perspective... And... Doesn't seem like the STS crew's very pro at pvp (unless they use 6000 damage staves).

Chickenrunnn
11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Well, if they do release that, it's gonna be STS's perspective... And... Doesn't seem like the STS crew's very pro at pvp (unless they use 6000 damage staves).

But them, they can kill theirselves :p THAT is pro :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6625&d=1330700802

(link to picture : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51847-Flip-owns-!&highlight=flip+owns)

nazgulking
11-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I always liked 2 types of characters: Necromancer and Paladin.
Since the Necromancer class isn't a choice in this game, or any other of the STS franchise, I chose the second one.

Obviously there isn't a paladin class to play, but with the str/int enchantress, wearing the bear gear, I came close to my goal. I wanna be an armoured buffer that can sustain damage, heal my party, rev it when possible and be the last standing when a wipe happens. Usually i put enough STR point to wear the necessary gear, same points in INT and enough DEX points to get 100% hit (after that I just add INT).

Many times I found myself in the situation of saving the day, thanks to my stats, gear and situational mana-shield. And my team, many times, thanks their good star to have a pally in their team.

On the other side I can't deal an amazing amount of damage, but I can live with it as long as I can keep my team healthy and alive. I can still do some damage, but it is not comparable to a normal mage or even a bird.

I don't play PvP at all, since I don't like the people there (I can't speak for all of them, but the few matches I made were tremendous and I don't want to cross that path again), so I long for PvE alone and I'm fine with it.