PDA

View Full Version : Crafting - A.K.A. - Item creation.

cry
09-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I like Pocket Legends a lot, but I keep finding the lack of things to do disturbing (=/ No, just boring). Even with quests there is still only about four to five things to do (Once reached level 45, maxed XP.).

Item farming
Pvp
Kill farming
Quests
Merch (Merchanting)

So I propose adding a crafting skill (No I do not want PL to be a mini RS, but it still needs more.)
Giving just a little bit more to do, all items for crafting bought or farmed of course no trees, rocks etc...

-Crafting-
Collect items from certain monsters to make items, such as skeletons drop Bone Fragments and Mummys give Bits of cloth so after collecting the required items you will be able to (A) combine these two (Or more) items to make a garment or (B) sell said items to other players for them to craft. Crafting XP is based on quantity and quality of what you craft. To make rare items you would need a high level, for example let us say the skill is based from 1-60. At level one you may craft basic items, and at level 60 you could craft current level pinks. The needed items would drop in 'The Dark Forest' campaign (Some from bosses and others from trash.) and for higher level crafters would find there items in AO - 1/2. Making a Bone tunic will need; (level) one crafting, Bone Fragment + Bit of Cloth = Bone tunic. To craft you will need certain materials for certain things making a garment you would need a needle and thread available in a vendor (Either a specified crafting vendor or a general vendor.) for making other items such as weapons or helms (Metal, or wood.) you would need a hammer(Metal) and chisel(wood) and all needed items to make whatever target item is. The higher the crafting level better and better items you can make. At max crafting you can make current level pinks (No ultra rares), then either sell them to the store for min profit or merch them.

Quests:
A line of quests involving crafting could be added, or some quests would give needed items for some of the harder items to craft.

Tools:
Basics, hammer, chisel, needle & thread.
Upgraded tools could be obtained through quests, or found in the upgrade store.

Merch:
A whole new way to make money, IMO this would be great. I hate farming for endless hours and there is no money in pvp. Selling needed materials or items that have been crafted would be a potentially great way to make money.

Just an idea.
EDIT: After reading lightings answer; Please post a reason why not!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
No.

/10chars

cry
09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Explain.
I need more than just "No.". Surely you are capable of more than a one word sentence.
No?

vulgarstrike
09-09-2010, 10:31 PM
this would be cool, but only after the level cap is complete and all.

cry
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Agreed; also the level would have to be decided upon what the level cap is level cap 100 - 90 crafting MAX. Level cap 80 - 70 crafting MAX or something along these lines.

Cascade
09-09-2010, 10:41 PM
They could come out with several skills. Maybe 10? This would include mining,crafting, and much more.

Demonicdevyn
09-09-2010, 10:46 PM
My idea for a while pl make the lvl cap rlly high in new update so by the end of 2 days ppl arent maxed out and waiting again

cry
09-09-2010, 10:57 PM
They could come out with several skills. Maybe 10? This would include mining,crafting, and much more.

Maybe making this game to much like WoW and RS would ruin it, forever... The best part about pl is the one mindedness but it is also the worst part. Adding to many skills would make it overly complicated. True we need crafting, slayer (would be great, pretty much an ability to solo bosses) and maybe some others IMO 5 would be best. Crafting should be first though. Regarding how easy it to level - this needs to change. The most important thing would be a free market. Like ge in rs!

Volksy
09-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I think being able to upgrade items is a better idea.
Loot/receive item > uprgade

there should be a risk to the upgrade (item being permanently destroyed)
lets say all start at +1 (item level) then its easy to get to +3 but from there (to +10) risk of failing increases.

=)

cry
09-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Crafting - makings items from scratch nothing to 73h pwnz0r.
Upgrades - Making items better, problems? To many to count.

Necrobane
09-10-2010, 04:53 AM
Enchanting would be a good example.

I think that it would be much more simple to have just 2 professions would be actually do-able. Maybe they could be broken into smaller groups to make more custamiseable.

Bone Crafting-Armour
-Weapons

Enchanting - Armour
- Weapons

The mats would drop of different things. Like for armour you would use bone farmed off skeletons. Different bones would drop off different lvls. There would be 3 different bone types.

Bone Crafting (weapons)
Bones that drop in The Bone Castle

LvL 1 - Bone Staff | LvL 10
LvL 2 - Bone clamour | LvL 12
LvL 3 - Bone Bow | LvL 14
LvL 4 -Bone Auto Xbow | LvL 16

Bone crafting (weapons)
Bones that drop in Fathom Crypt

LvL 5 - Bone Staff | LvL 20
LvL 6 - Bone Xbow | LvL 22
LvL 7 - Bone Bow | LvL 24
LvL 8 -Bone Auto Xbow | LvL 26

Bone Crafting (weapons)
Bones that drop from Skeller Krunch Returns

LvL 9 - Bone Staff | LvL 30
LvL 10 - Bone Clamour | LvL 32
LvL 11 - Bone Bow | LvL 34
LvL 12 - Bone Auto Xbow |LvL 36

Bone Crafting (weapons)
Bones that drop from AO3 (Drop from mummies)

LvL 13 - Bone staff (Dreamers LvL 19 Staff look alike but bone pole) | LvL 45> 96-112 damage, 1.2, speed, 8 int, 4hs, 5ms, 7 armour.
LvL 14 - Bone Auto xbow | LvL 45> 61-63 damage, .7 speed, 8 dex, 2ms, 3% dodge, 5% crit.
LvL 15 - Bone Curve Sword (Bone textured curved sword) | LvL45> 61-65 damage, .5 speed, 7% dodge, 2hs, 3ms, 4 armour.

Too lazy to do the rest but do you see the patttern?
Enchanting would be the same idea with maybe magic dust dropping off certain guys. You would hand in the required matts to a vendor in town who makes them into the item you choose. You must make 3 of each item to lvl up. all of the first set of item are green, the second set purple and the scond set pink. The items would be a little better the the ones that drop. there would need to be a mats tab in your inventory. the mats wouldn't take up any space. It would cost 10 plat to be able to buy a proffesion. the enchants would start as plus one stat in the first batch, then plus 2 then plus 3. The amour side would be just chest and the weapon side would just be for weapon.

cry
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Agreed, I was to lazy to even start the pattern, but exactly =)

Flamin
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
This is a good idea, it would be kind of like the crafting in Lord of the Rings Online.

Unfrozen Jon
09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I think this would be great. My wife & I hit lvl 45 and are working on our second characters but theres not a lot of stuff to do once you've maxed out.

Looking forward to more features, especially skillsets like these.

Royce
09-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Just FYI, this sort of thing has been suggested many, many times, though serious discussion of it seems to have dropped off over the past couple months. Anyway, here are just a few existing threads if you want to see some of the ideas and opinions that have already been posted:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4017-Crafting-Skills-(Alchemy-and-Blacksmith)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2780-Venom-Guild-Post-(LONG-POST)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1193-Professions-Questing-involved.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?444-Professions
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2511-Professions

bmc85uk
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm all for crafting, however a couple of things that I don't agree with from what I've read here so far...

Only being able to craft items lower than your crafting level.
Seems kinda wrong to me, only people with a higher main would be able to craft for themselves, unless crafting level could be advanced past your actual level, either way, I don't like the idea of having to grind to level 60 just to craft level 45 items.

Crafting items that drop from enemies.
I'd definitely prefer separate items, IMO it just defeats the object if the items you craft are things that already drop, especially legendary items. Crafting should produce some reasonable items, but never as good as dropped legendary gear, I'd say something slightly better than purple but worse than good pinks. It should be a helpful tool for anyone wanting to kit out a character without taking chances on loot drops; farm the raw materials, craft up a nice set of gear and twink away.

Aside from that I like the idea, though each tier (as in campaign/level group) should have it's own set, 1-45 bone bone bone doesn't sound all that enticing.

Maybe if I stop being so lazy I'll put together a thread with my preferences on crafting.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Explain.
I need more than just "No.". Surely you are capable of more than a one word sentence.
No?

The only reason I said no is because...never mind, I don't want to start flame wars :/.

cry
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
@Royce, good for them! There threads are no where as articulate as mine =/ I jest, but I will Bump,bump,bump this thread until crafting is added.
@Bmc, One: skills should be hard leveling in pl is much to easy. Though I also agree that grinding just to craft your level items could be (WILL BE) a pain. This could only happen once the level cap is complete (When I have spent $100 just to reach the cap). Two: I would like to see that, no need to spam threads post your opinions and I copy and paste them unto the first page under "speculations". Also a different set would give a reason to craft, I agree that would be great.
@Lighting, Just say it. I am not going to flame you for your opinion. Free speech and all.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
@Lighting, Just say it. I am not going to flame you for your opinion. Free speech and all.

In my apology thread, I actually MEANT to apologize to everyone that I've flamed. YOU were the only one who said that it was a silly thread.

cry
09-10-2010, 09:50 PM
In my apology thread, I actually MEANT to apologize to everyone that I've flamed. YOU were the only one who said that it was a silly thread.

/OT
/Flame

Keep this on topic. Post your reason, please.

(OT, look I was just laughing at e-drama, chill.)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-10-2010, 09:51 PM
/OT
/Flame

Keep this on topic. Post your reason, please.

(OT, look I was just laughing at e-drama, chill.)

What does OT mean?

Also, that wasn't funny. I was serious.

cry
09-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Stop posting here - Either post why you said no, or continue messaging me in PMs.
Thanks.