PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Counter

Dizko
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM
What about instead of showing kills/deaths - it shows how many 'rounds' you have got through.

(A round being 1 level of a dungeon)

This would encourage playing after endgame and also would be better for healer class as they don't often kill. (and often die lol)

Any thoughts?

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah but couldn't you just do level 1 of forest haven over and over again?...in less than a minute?

King Richie
04-22-2010, 03:58 PM
yeah but thats also what u can do for kills

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 04:02 PM

Rounds just doesn't seem to make as much sense though. Hopefully they'll eventually get rid of PvE kills/deaths and only go for PvP KD

KronicDecay
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
If they get rid of pve entirely half the people will quit I believe. Would be nice to see a seperate server or specific games that can be setup for just pvp

Edit : scratch that I didn't read that last post correctly

Dizko
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Exactly. And classes such as healer and tanks just don't get enough glory at the minute. But with a dungeon counter, everyone gets equal credit.

Justg
04-23-2010, 11:39 AM
That's a very cool idea! We have also been thinking about speed-rounds... some type of leader board that indicates how quickly you and your team made it through a particular instance. What do you think about that?

Flamin
04-23-2010, 11:44 AM
I like it, I would like a hours logged, a kills/deaths, and a roundss gotten through, and leaderboardss, and what Justg said.

On the forums, members who have 200 posts should be called "Elite Member" and members who have 500 posts should be called "Master Member" and members with 1000 posts should be called "Elite Master Member". This would be very easy to implement, Justg could you implement this please. And also tell me how and where to upload a group photo, for my forum group/guild.

Dizko
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
That's a very cool idea! We have also been thinking about speed-rounds... some type of leader board that indicates how quickly you and your team made it through a particular instance. What do you think about that?

This would also work very well.

The advantage these ideas have over the k/d ratio or hours logged idea is;

1. People will log on and then go to sleep and let their hours build up
2. K/D Ratio is unfair for low damaging classes and healers.

A dungeon counter/speed round system will force you to play to rank up the leader board and will be perfectly fair for all classes. :)

nerdherd
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Oh, that would be cool. It would give us something else to go for when running through instances.