PDA

View Full Version : Best melee damage..

Delirium
11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
So I've been playing for about a week now, and I want to make a melee character that is a good damage dealer.. I made a bear and he's a great tank and I'll continue to play him, but I'd like an alt melee DD to change things up when I get tired of tanking.

What would you guys suggest? I read up on a bird with dual wield, but nobody really had much to say about them other than a bird with talon/wing is better for PvE. I suppose I could go with another bear, but using a 2handed weapon on him doesn't really seem to scratch my DPS itch.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated =)

Deathofan
11-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Bears are for tanking mostly, if you want to deal more damage try a bird with full Dexterity. As for your bear, if you want to rise your damage try dual specting into more dexterity than strengh but enought strengh to wear strengh items of your own level. As for your skills, max out Rage to level 6 for more damage.

Bless
11-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Dagger burd.
Dagger behr.

Delirium
11-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Copy that on dual speccing mah bear.. thanks for the advice =)

I'll roll a full dex bird and give the daggers/talons a try! Thanks Miracle ^_~

LwMark
11-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Welcome! Glad u found the forums! :)

Delirium
11-09-2012, 02:03 AM

Thanks! =)

LwMark
11-09-2012, 02:13 AM

Thanks! =)
Whats ur IGN? Just in case i run pass u ik who u are

The Flash
11-09-2012, 02:18 AM
So I've been playing for about a week now, and I want to make a melee character that is a good damage dealer.. I made a bear and he's a great tank and I'll continue to play him, but I'd like an alt melee DD to change things up when I get tired of tanking.

What would you guys suggest? I read up on a bird with dual wield, but nobody really had much to say about them other than a bird with talon/wing is better for PvE. I suppose I could go with another bear, but using a 2handed weapon on him doesn't really seem to scratch my DPS itch.

talon/dagger birds are no good/suck in pve. stick to bow birds for pve.

Bless
11-09-2012, 02:55 AM

talon/dagger birds are no good/suck in pve. stick to bow birds for pve. I wouldn't say suck because an angel talon has about 20-40 less dps than the Flying recurve and more armor.

Birds use talons n daggers to save on potions/don't die easily, sure a bear would fit this job better but talon/dagger birds have an insane dps too. I saw this dagger bird using the Halloween knife l75 and he had 749 UNBUFFED dps.

Suentous PO
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
One thing to consider, & I think this is why some say dagger is great others disagree, is that dps sometimes is misleading.
A bird w/dagger has huge dps, but the max damage it can deal isn't very high, so bosses sometimes can shrug it off. If we're talking about farming a lower lev, then high dps is great. If you're farming a boss and can't do the high end damage that a bow can, then it may suck.

dudetus
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
DPS is a bit misleading as usually the highest DPS weapons are with low base damage compared to slower DPS weapons. Not to mention the affect of Critical hits which double the damage and the dodges of enemy. It's a bit confusing but especially daggers are usually good vs. Bosses and they have higher defence than with 2h weapons. Talons are almost the same but with ranged ability.

It's a matter of preferences, but Archers have the highest DPS in general in their arsenal.

I have made a dagger guide designed especially for birds. It's a bit outdated but it has still valid info. I can post the link as I get home if u wish to.

Delirium
11-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Whats ur IGN? Just in case i run pass u ik who u are

Lostrelik is my tank and Ishotjoo is my bird

and that would be sweet if you could post that link, dudetus! I'm still trying to figure out that whole dps/max damage thing.. at first I was just aiming for high DPS but I guess that's not exactly optimal since, from what I understand, your skill damage is based on your min/max and not your dps since weapon speed isn't taken into account.. is that correct?

I bought one of those pumpkin shooters and the bird has definitely cured my DPS itch, haha, but I'm still very squishy and tanks at this level don't know how to.. tank.. so a shield would be nice for these occasions.

LwMark
11-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Nice to see some people enjoyin the game an not complainin :)

dudetus
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Here's the link (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37613-Dagger-Bird-Guide-by-OmiGodANinja) to my Dagger guide as I promised.

Delirium
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks! That helps a lot =)

Bunnyshoota
11-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Add me in game on sin, I can get you some bows to get you started.