PDA

View Full Version : Sandwalker set Vs. L75 Beastly set Vs. Savage dragon set!

Gobyerno
11-09-2012, 01:36 AM

mike1298
11-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Crafting is almost not worth it.

Engkantado
11-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Nice...thanks for the comparison keep it up :eagerness:

Akaee
11-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Seems like crafting is more for the looks than ever.

TANKKAAR
11-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I am getting the feeling set bonuses aren't active yet???

At least I'm hoping that's the case.....

McBain
11-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Crafting is almost not worth it.

Yeah...I'd take the higher skill damage on the beastly set over the crafted set. The extra armor on the crafted set makes it better for tanking obviously, but it really isn't all that necessary for the Blacksmoke mobs/bosses.

Zeus
11-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Good, crafting is like in the days of balefort sewers. You pick a set based on your fighting style.

TANKKAAR
11-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Good, crafting is like in the days of balefort sewers. You pick a set based on your fighting style.

So let me get this straight.... all that money and effort and your rewarded with

+1 strength
-21 health pool
-2 HP regain
-1 damage
-1 DPS
+14 armor

Sorry Apollo... this isn't even close to the old days bro, at least then it was worth it...

I'll be in AL if anyone needs me...lol

LwMark
11-09-2012, 03:20 AM

So let me get this straight.... all that money and effort and your rewarded with

+1 strength
-21 health pool
-2 HP regain
-1 damage
-1 DPS
+14 armor

Sorry Apollo... this isn't even close to the old days bro, at least then it was worth it...

Yes plz take me with u

Ebalata
11-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Have you tried the Savage Dragon Set in PVP vs other players with L75 crafted sets? How does it fair?

Zeus
11-09-2012, 04:31 AM

+1 strength
-21 health pool
-2 HP regain
-1 damage
-1 DPS
+14 armor

Crafting back then took a lot of money as well.

It may just be my opinion, but I like the fact that people will based sets based on their fighting style. It opens way for more strategy and ways to combat different sets.

Riccits
11-09-2012, 05:05 AM

+1 strength
-21 health pool
-2 HP regain
-1 damage
-1 DPS
+14 armor

must be a bug... with those changes noone changes the combat style...

Jsaieagle
11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
so the crafted set vs the non crafted set is only +14 armor but 21 hp less, 2 health regen less and 1 damage less !!!???

So why spending 7-10 mil to craft it? lol

Superduper
11-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Dat dodge

JaytB
11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for posting this.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the stats in general for gear of this cap. I really hoped crafting to change this, but that doesn't seem the case.

Ow well, there's always next cap I guess.

Chopper
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I guess this follows the Sand/of Tiki pattern, where the non-crafted items seem to be as good or better than the crafted set.

I guess people must love paying millions and millions of gold for sparkles/fire.

Makes me wonder why those Mt. Fang Pilgrim Hats weren't as good as the crafted helms too LOL

TANKKAAR
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Crafting back then took a lot of money as well.

It may just be my opinion, but I like the fact that people will based sets based on their fighting style. It opens way for more strategy and ways to combat different sets.

I absolutely agree on the fact, and like the idea of crafting giving as much as it takes in terms of stats (Fury vs Fortified is a perfect example) however I just dont see that happening here at all?

The set bonus alone for fortified set was:
+2 Dodge
+50 Health
+8 health Regen
+4 Mana Regen
+16 Armor

And to top it off there was a true ROI.
For Fury you would sacrifice 6 dodge + 6 m/s per equip, and in return with Fortified you would gain 8 damage + 2 str + 2 armor + 2 h/s per equip

The kind of change listed above will cause a good player to change fighting style and adapt to the new gear, but the changes we are seeing in todays crafting is so insignificant thats most players wont even be able to tell a difference in stats eneough to bother changing play style.

Brave Sir Robin
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
In PVE, the presence of elixirs/blessings almost nullifies the need for better gear.

In PVP new gear introduction seems to be equally pointless since all players will eventually use the same sets. Different types of sets would offer diversity but to achieve this it will take much more than 2 sets per class.

Why not implement a crafting system which allows the player to decide how to distribute the crafted gear stats? So craftable gear comes with base stats and when you craft it you have a certain amount of points to add to this base. Stat redistribution could be possible at a cost. Of course, there could be an automatic stat allocation mode for those who don't like experimenting.

This will allow players to adjust gear to their playing style.

Fncrazy
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
The bonus sucks...fix it plz.

Chopper
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Why not implement a crafting system which allows the player to decide how to distribute the crafted gear stats? So craftable gear comes with base stats and when you craft it you have a certain amount of points to add to this base. Stat redistribution could be possible at a cost. Of course, there could be an automatic stat allocation mode for those who don't like experimenting.

This will allow players to adjust gear to their playing style.

This would be pretty innovative and a good idea. People would have different stats from the same end gear. The CS market would be mixed up too, since similar items listed would have different stats!

Brave Sir Robin
11-09-2012, 03:13 PM
In PVE, the presence of elixirs/blessings almost nullifies the need for better gear.

In PVP new gear introduction seems to be equally pointless since all players will eventually use the same sets. Different types of sets would offer diversity but to achieve this it will take much more than 2 sets per class.

This will allow players to adjust gear to their playing style.This would be pretty innovative and a good idea. People would have different stats from the same end gear. The CS market would be mixed up too, since similar items listed would have different stats!

Good point. To avoid any confusion, they can make it so that only items crafted using the automatic stat allocation mode are tradeable.

CrimsonTider
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I just have no drive to play PL anymore. These stats aren't helping either.

@Parth - You have no opinion, sir. You left PL. ;)

Chopper
11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Good point. To avoid any confusion, they can make it so that only items crafted using the automatic stat allocation mode are tradeable.

nah, no need. It would be up to the buyers to determine how much they'd pay for a particular stat'ed item. A good allocation will be worth more in resale too. :)

McBain
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Or just make the stats freely changeable so that if you sold the item, the buyer could then customize their own stats. That's the only way for something like that to work IMO.

Energizeric
11-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Something about this picture doesn't seem right to me.....

According to these stats, you lose 2 health regen by crafting. Yet, I have the beastly set and there is no health regen in the set bonus, only the points from the set pieces itself. And I looked at the stats for the crafted pieces, and they have the same 6 H/s per item. So how then do you end up losing 2 H/s?? Unless the set bonus actually causes a decrease in certain stats.

AbsolutePally
11-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Bye bye pl.

Hello Al.

AbsolutePally
11-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Be advised he is also using the non crafted egg not buckler.

Ubernewber
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Beastly is better or even to savage on everything except for the armor :/

Gobyerno
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh lol, I forgot to indicate that im using fossilized dragon egg only.