PDA

View Full Version : The problem with a limited release

Skeletonlord
11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Hey everyone!

If you are reading this, you can either play the limited release or not.

By the time the game goes worldwide on iOS and android, players in Canada and Australia will be level 15+.

This means the range of levels will be 1-16. Players with level 15+ will be ahead and be able to go to these expansions and areas in the game, while new players just starting out at worldwide launch wont be able to. This will make newbies annoyed and they will want to be like those players at a higher level.

I know the limited release is the full release, the servers aren't going to be wiped, so this is a problem.

Cahaun
11-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Can you please explain on how having some level 15+ people already in the game once it's released will affect the gameplay of anyone new?

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Can you please explain on how having some level 15+ people already in the game once it's released will affect the gameplay of anyone new?

Unfortunately Skelly, I would have to agree.

If anything, it will help new members/players progress.

Skeletonlord
11-09-2012, 07:47 AM

Players who are in the limited release will be further ahead, therefore have an advantage.

vampinoy
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Advantage on what?...You can most likely get what they have in very short period of time...I could see level 15s posting here after what, a couple of days? Advantage on what really? :D Please expound.

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Players who are in the limited release will be further ahead, therefore have an advantage.

If the Cap was Lvl 80 then I could somewhat agree. However lvl 15 can be reached within a few hours Cap a few days. Unless StS continued to release Cap raises there isn't much that can become an "advantage". The only thing that is and will for a while is LB, but someone more determined and "fuller" pockets can catch up in no time and surpass the LBs at this time, what's 20k on a Leaderboard in other titles?

The real problem with the APK, is the authenticity/legit way of accessing the game. Nothing more nothing less.

Superduper
11-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Won't they make cap 21 when it is fully released?

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Won't they make cap 21 when it is fully released?

Was rumoured, never stated by an StS employee.

Kuero
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I personally don't care for headstart but I suppose the economy is already affected. It are the high lvl player who "makes" the prices.
So most prices should be fixed already. I would have love to see for once how an economy like this is going to build up

tearacan
11-09-2012, 08:44 AM
1 players state doesn't effect other players. XP will never run out, nor will drops. Drops will remain random.

Players who are able to play limited release are more bothered by updates, changes and offline periods as players who will play after full release. That is the advantage of playing the world wide release.
The one and only reason of this limited release is to get feedback of the game, spot the few bugs which are left behind and balance the game. Players who will run for cap and loot are players who are likely very quickly will be more to get bored and leave the game.
New players will be able to play expansions too, as for other players who only play occasionally. It just a matter of time, nothing more, nothing less.

There is (near to) nothing different at the game for a players who will be able to play at the worldwide release as for new players who will join another week later.
All players start at the begin of the story, all chances are equal.

and for the economy prices in auction are asking prices, that doesn't state people are willing to pay these prices.

NiN
11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Is only level 15, are you kidding???
It takes less than an hour to hit level 10.

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I personally don't care for headstart but I suppose the economy is already affected. It are the high lvl player who "makes" the prices.
So most prices should be fixed already. I would have love to see for once how an economy like this is going to build up

Tbf, no player really "makes" the prices, they are based on rarity. Rarity is controlled by StS. After a few weeks of time, after the prices are stabalised, then the prices will be just as they were if it was fully released.

Agreed, that straight after release/content update prices go crazy people go mad for the new gear and pay ridiculous prices, but after a week it all evens itself out by the rarity set by StS.

Knockador
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++

CrimsonTider
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Considering Sam stated yesterday items could have stat/name/other changes, this means people are farming and stashing for basically nothing. Yes, some will be leveled, but that will be just about it. They will all have to refarm their items. And as we have also discussed before, don't be surprised if all kills/pve timed runs are wiped as well.

The SOLE purpose of limited release is for technical issues. Why people don't understand this yet is beyond me.

EliB
11-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Lol u obviously have not played AL yet >.< it takes an extremely long time to lvl up to 15.. That "hour" you so say would probably barely take u to lvl five .-. Honestly It probably took me about 2 days an a 1/2 with playing a little bit more then 4 hours a day to get to lvl 15 I could understand if your an elixir user u could probably get to lvl 15 within a day but if your not its probably impossible to get to lvl 15 in a day >.<

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Lol u obviously have not played AL yet >.< it takes an extremely long time to lvl up to 15.. That "hour" you so say would probably barely take u to lvl five .-. Honestly It probably took me about 2 days an a 1/2 with playing a little bit more then 4 hours a day to get to lvl 15 I could understand if your an elixir user u could probably get to lvl 15 within a day but if your not its probably impossible to get to lvl 15 in a day >.<

Lies, hit lvl 10 on my mage in just over an hour. Lvl 14 on Warrior in a few hours no juice.

15-16 is another story.

EliB
11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Lies, hit lvl 10 on my mage in just over an hour. Lvl 14 on Warrior in a few hours no juice.

15-16 is another story.

Lies! I don't believe your stories lol Idk how u did that but it's pretty hard to believe ^_^ u must teach me your ways >.<

Skeletonlord
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM

Now I understand. Yes, it is good to have a limited release, I guess. To iron out bugs and issues. I didn't realise that it is that quick to level. So I guess this isn't much of a problem.

BodMaster
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM

Lies! I don't believe your stories lol Idk how u did that but it's pretty hard to believe ^_^ u must teach me your ways >.<

Lol, other people said the same ;)

I'm actually in the middle of remodeling my house, so not as much time as I would like to spend missed over 2/3 days of gaming. (Not just this, but anything lol)

Azibas
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Like what you done with your house BodMasta. Hardwood Floors, Green Carpet and a fireplace.. The stone work looks awesome!!! Not sure about the animal head hanging on the column, but to each their own.

Matutd
11-09-2012, 12:12 PM
And as for the LB problem. I heard Samhayne say something about leaderboards eing reset every now and then (even in full release). Top players recieve prizes. He didn't say it was definitely going to be implemented or anyting about what the prizes will be, but i reckon this gives even more people a chance to get on LB (or make top players grind harder to get back on).

Samhayne
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
We will be doing seasons with the leaderboards. I'll be posting more about that and launch information soon.

With that in mind, limited release will be coming to an end in the near future.

Carapace
11-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Lol, other people said the same ;)

I'm actually in the middle of remodeling my house, so not as much time as I would like to spend missed over 2/3 days of gaming. (Not just this, but anything lol)

Which helmet are you using in that picture? It appears to be bugged and rendering your hair inappropriately. Thanks!