PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on stacking skills on a single toon

Yich
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I haven't seen many talk of this before and I think it should be said. Many think having a super huge PvP kill count is the best, but I think there are pros and cons of it.

Reasons it's good
1) You get to track how much you play and get excited at every milestone
2) You get special treatment because you're obviously experienced. (more so when your kill count is oober high)
3) Leader boards are within reach
4) Perhaps you just enjoy that particular level and character and can't imagine anything else

Reasons it's bad
1) You don't know the strengths and weaknesses of other characters because you haven't played them fully
2) If you're a twink and you get rushed by a higher level, you can't fight back as well because you've limited yourself to a single toon
3) If your team is unbalanced or needs a different class to do better, you won't have the ability to fully assist your team and it's needs
4) The use of multiple toons allows for the option of being in multiple guilds and having multiple identities, something you can't do with 1 kill stacker

I realize there is many more, but I think having a few thousand kills spread across multiple toons is better than having a giant kill count on one toon. This thread may not accomplish much except possibly discouraging guilds from requiring a large kill count on one toon.

Gaunab
11-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Darn, now I have to delete either my (ex) main with 40k+ kills or all my twinks....

Why can't I have both?

Really confusing thread title btw.

Yich
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Shoot I typed "skills".. Silly noob me. Anyways, I just stated an opinion of mine. I think playing on one character at one level and not doing any other level or character is silly. Having a multitude of twinks that you actually use is a better route to go, it allows you to enjoy more parts of the game at once and if one level gets boring, you have a whole different level to play at.

Walkhardd
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I never cared about Kdr. I have 12 toons I pvp with, and only 1 has 5k+ kills. I know for a fact I can compete with the best at any level, with any class.

Players with crazy kdrs farm noobs. That's just not fun to me.

Edit- just realized this isn't what you're talking about..lol