PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Blessings nerf headed our way

Snakespeare
11-09-2012, 06:13 PM
We had G in chat and he said to expect a huge nerf of Blessings coming, perhaps as soon as Monday. People have been creating toon armies to reap massive plat, which isn't what they intended. It's hard to tell exactly what they will nerf, but I expect the 30 plat drop to go away. We mentioned that people consider a 3x stackable combo to be superior to 30 plat, and he responded that it's also much less exploitable. So maybe he's open to the idea of making the 3x combo the top blessing even on day 5.

Anyway, my next day 5 is Tuesday, so people on the same schedule as me will possibly be the first to experience this nerf.

good luck!

dugantale
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
This what happen when you abuse the system :)

Walkhardd
11-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Im pretty sure they nerfed the plat rewards already. I got 100+ the first couple weeks, and 10-20 since. I have 17 toons I think.

Mothwing
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
There goes my last chance of getting into PL again. Adios everyone!

Nihiliste
11-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Abusers.

Unxtoxic
11-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Day 5 is Sunday for me :) hope I get lucky before nerf

CrimsonTider
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm fine with the plat nerf. Not fine with the stupid face shields.

WarTornBird
11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
There goes my last chance of getting into PL again. Adios everyone!

Moth, you know i love you man. But really, Idk if its just me, but i havent had plat for a good year, and ive pretty much been catching up. not as fast as all of yall with plat. I dont know, maybe its just me. I dont feel the need to be at the top at any point anymore.

Mothwing
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Moth, you know i love you man. But really, Idk if its just me, but i havent had plat for a good year, and ive pretty much been catching up. not as fast as all of yall with plat. I dont know, maybe its just me. I dont feel the need to be at the top at any point anymore.

1) Don't know how to merch i.e. no gear
2) PvE is boring as hell, and i'm not grinding through 50k xp to get to 75.
3) Everything is plat based
4) I'm really just tired of the game. Been at it too long. Time for AL and SL.

Jugernugetx
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Omfg i have yet to have a 30 plat, on all 6 of my chars -_- ya know wut? I dont even care anymore.

I wasnt meant to have platinum ):<

onemadzhau
11-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Aw this sux I just bought 800 plat and made 160 characters :/ what do I do now :/

octavos
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Aw this sux I just bought 800 plat and made 160 characters :/ what do I do now :/

level them XD...anyway might want to look into DL also while were at it. i have been getting a bit more plat on 5th day only...happend for 2 weeks now.

Justg
11-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Any system that is exploitable will be exploited. This speaks to a bigger challenge that I'd love to hear your thoughts on.

We obviously don't want to give away huge amounts of plat because it is our source of revenue. We do, however, want to encourage you guys to come back on a regular basis.

What would be a set of awesome, non-exploitable rewards that would not ruin the economy (like gold) or our revenues (like platinum)?

Thanks Snakes for broaching the subject!

- g

Jugernugetx
11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
U can get free plat on DL??? I havent got one!! :confused: lol

octavos
11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
What would be a set of awesome, non-exploitable rewards that would not ruin the economy (like gold) or our revenues (like platinum)?
1-10 plat, not any higher....but new vanities that are not shields...maybe old armors (different color) that can be vanities (kinda what you did with dragon armors)...some armors are just awesome to wear 24/7.

Bous
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Lol im pretty sure its me that caused this. Lets just say i got armies that got armies of 1s lol

Ebalata
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm fine with the plat nerf. Not fine with the stupid face shields.

Agree, I hope they take away the shields when they nerf the plats :D

I'm curious though, are they nerfing the elixirs as well?

Mothwing
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Any system that is exploitable will be exploited. This speaks to a bigger challenge that I'd love to hear your thoughts on.

We obviously don't want to give away huge amounts of plat because it is our source of revenue. We do, however, want to encourage you guys to come back on a regular basis.

- g

Uber rare Day 5 item sets scaled to your level.
Vanities

This just hit me:
A new daily blessing currency that can be spent on a daily blessing store? This way you can keep the old vanities as well as add new ones. Maybe even add gear there too.

Ubernewber
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Please dont get rid of the money though I only got like 12 chars and that's my maximum income :/

Ubernewber
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm not such a good farmer :/

Kixxler
11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Every time i'm way too lazy to go through all my chars and click daily blessing.

McBain
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Im pretty sure they nerfed the plat rewards already. I got 100+ the first couple weeks, and 10-20 since. I have 17 toons I think.

That's weird, because after not getting anything except for gold and elixirs for the longest time, I've gotten 100+ plat in the past few weeks or so, and I only have 2 toons.

I'd much rather have 30 plat than a 3x combo myself. By far. Just my preference. I'll take whatever STS wants to dish out, since it's all free and whatnot. I feel a little sad for people who would create toons just to take advantage of this system, although I think we all saw it coming.

Heroelite
11-09-2012, 07:44 PM
It has to already have been nerfed. This is BS I got 4 1 platinum rewards on my day 5 on my 35 characters in game. Got 3 3x combo elixirs, 3 2500 gold, and rest were shields and 1.5x combo elixirs. So now they are nerfing it twice??

Suentous PO
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM

- g
Couple thoughts. I loved the blessings from day one because it's the perfect solution to gripes like "you have to have plat to play" ( I don't believe this, but hear it). When anyone said- this game isn't free to play I would reply that the blessings prove that wrong. Getting a free 3x is the best thing to happen in a while!
One solution might be that there is a cap of how much plat could be made on an acc. Say anyone had the chance to get the 30 ONCE on that acc ( or similar ceiling ) that way non buyers still had a chance. I think this would prevent exploitation to a large degree. To abuse this solution would require multiple acc, and even then it's only a chance at it receiving. This also would be time consuming to try to exploit. Even if (when lol) someone tried to exploit this they would only have plat spread across multi acc making it kinda pointless to try to hoard.
Or you could have a limit of how much possibly could be received per month on any acc. Once that is reached you only have the chance at better elixirs/vanities ect.
I think the elixirs are perfect as is. Please don't change these.

Lowlyspy
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Please don't change these.
They've already been changed, i vote change them back (the elixirs anyway). I like getting the 3x then stacking a week long 2x and a thrasher for some massive xp gain, it's fun. The chance of getting a 3x before was perfect the way it was, between Blacksmoke launching and when the elixir blessings were nerfed (assuming they were and everybody else isn't just getting REEEEALLY unlucky) i got 2 3x elixirs. I got to use both of those to level my main rather quickly which is nice with these high xp requirements for levels.

EDIT: And of course some replacement vanities for those shields would be cool too. Never liked them to begin with tbh.

Jcyee
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Hmm... I actually agree. I like the 3x combo elixir better than plat. Esp on my main. I just hate it when i get a 3x combo on my other char lol

Suentous PO
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Hell I'd be fine if I couldn't get plat but still had a chance at free 3x.

Ladyviviane
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM

- g

M graceful to have plats, elix n items on daily blessing . I have nothing to complain about coz Sts do not have to put those on games . Tyvm to make this more fun n more human 😘

McBain
11-09-2012, 09:04 PM

I think DL has the right idea with the blessings in a couple ways:

1. In DL, you get XP with the daily blessings rather than gold. To me and probably a lot of other people, that's a better incentive to log in every day anyway, and furthermore it's not exploitable.

2. DL has all the special vanities that you can get as the 5-day prize, and you can create sets with them (or mix and match as you see fit). People are always clamoring for more and different vanities. The shields were a good start, but you could add other special vanities or simply color variations on existing ones. Again, this is something that I think people want, and it's not really exploitable unless you're just bat poo crazy about collecting vanities. And in the same vein as this idea...

3. In DL, you always get "something" as the 5th day prize. In order words, you're guaranteed to get one of the vanities unless you get platinum, but platinum is much more rare. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I've never gotten platinum as a prize in DL since the daily rewards were added. At any rate, knowing you'll get something every 5 days is an incentive to keep it going. Sure, with PL you technically always get something, but nobody gets excited about the 2500 gold, 1.25 elixirs, or the 1 plat prizes you can get on the 5th day, for example. We appreciate the fact that you don't have to do this at all, and these are being given to us free, but they don't provide a huge incentive to continually strive for the 5th day.

On the flip side, the daily elixirs are a nice touch to the blessings that DL doesn't have, so that is an upside. To sum up, my suggestion would be to give XP rather than gold as the every day blessings, and for the 5-day, ditch the 2500 gold and small plat amount prizes (just have plat in the larger amounts and make it rarer) and increase the number of vanities that it's possible to get.

Cobraguy
11-09-2012, 09:18 PM

- g

The elixirs are great, has really helped me out on my current grind to 76. I agree with most by saying the 3x combo is the best reward of all.

Maybe make the system to where you can only claim a blessing on a certain amount of toons above a certain level. I'm sure most low level twinks arent that excited to get a 3x combo on their level 10-15 pvp toon, as it does nothing for them in said pvp.

I may be 31 years old, but the kid in me still gets excited when that 3x combo flashes across the screen on my main. Thats when its farming time, I take full advantage of that blessing.

The plat is nice to get for certain other elixirs and vanities I may want to get, comes in handy at times, but if I was to vote for anything to go away, it would be the plat rewards or the shields above the 3x. I really wouldn't play as much if that wasn't available anymore due to the fact that the 3x combo has been the major factor of me playing more now than ever.

Rushorgtfo
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM

- g

Make blessings only available for 3 characters on one acc maximum. Or give "present boxes" filled with vanities 1-5 platnium 5,000 Gold. An anything else you feel is appropriate. This way even if people want to go through making more acc and buying slots to get the blessings it's only 1-5 platnium 5,000 gold and a vanity on day 5 so if anyone were to abuse it they'd one have to spend plat to get slots supplying your revenue and the plat they'd get would be such a low number it'd be no use. And they'd just give up:) every 5 days 40 plat for abusers? Enough for 1 hour elixer? Meh making. 3 acc to get 8 characters with blessing waiting every 5 days for 1 hour of elixer? I think my suggestion is reasonable. That's only my two cents

Kraze
11-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I'd be ok with plat being dl rare with the mixing in like "red cyber" armor vanity or something along the lines. Have so many shields may need to start liquidating

Cobraguy
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I also feel that a possible ban for CHEATERS would be a fair thing to do too...I'm sure its pretty obvious whose accounts have a toon army strictly for cheating this system. I've seen bans handed over for less....

Snakespeare
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I love SuentousPO's idea of simply putting a cap on the possible reward an account can have per day, per week, per month. It's great as it is. All you really have to do is establish limits.

Energizeric
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM

- g

Very simple, eliminate plat entirely from blessings. But instead give some more vanities, but not goofy rediculous looking ones. I know techno loves weird items and stuff, but for more serious gamers we just don't use them and they are pretty useless. How about some new vanity shields, but ones that people would actually want to wear as their regular shield. How about some vanity shields to match the very popular dragon sets? One in each color. Or how about some nice vanity armors. What we don't need is more vanity helms -- plenty of those already exist. Also, you could make some more variety to the elixirs. How about instead of just xp, armor, dmg, and combos, you could make a speed elixir (just increased speed for a day), or a luck elixir (just 30% luck for the day).

Also, maybe you need to put a limit on how many toons someone can have in one account. I just have a single toon, and have never made another. I realize that some people want to have a few, but having 30 or 50? That's just crazy and not useful for any other reason than to exploint the game in one way or another. Some people got toons to farm twink items -- an exploit of the game in my opinion. And now people making toons just for the daily blessing? Ugh!! Try playing fairly for once. I guess nobody actually wants to compete in this game on a level playing field.

Obviously way too late to implement this idea, but the idea of the stash should never have existed. The purpose of making a new toon is to play the game with that toon, not for that toon to be a "helper" to your main toon. If their was no stash, and each toon was self sufficient and no sharing between toons, then none of these crazy issues would exist.

thekdub
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't think I get rewarded enough platinum to see how this is being abused. They are getting 1k gold daily and a slim chance at platinum every 5 days for each toon? Seems like way to much trouble to me.

Piosidon
11-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Make the minimum lvl to use blessings lvl 30 and change 30 plat to 20 plat

Energizeric
11-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Here's a very simple idea.... make it take extra time to change between toons. Just add a 30 second or 1 minute delay. For those who casually change between toons, this will make no difference, and for those who are abusing the system, this will put an end to it. If there is a 1 minute delay and you got 100 toons, they just added almost 2 hours to your daily blessing collection time.

drewcapu
11-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Also, maybe you need to put a limit on how many toons someone can have in one account. I just have a single toon, and have never made another. I realize that some people want to have a few, but having 30 or 50? That's just crazy and not useful for any other reason than to exploint the game in one way or another. Some people got toons to farm twink items -- an exploit of the game in my opinion.

Nerf accounts that have over a certain number of alts. Maybe 20-30?
Who really needs that many alts anyways?

Excuse me. I disagree completely.

A long time ago I made a bunch of mage alts with the specific task of farming specific scaled level items. At the time I made one for every 5 levels up to L50. This was back when you actually had to have a group of 20-22s, 28-30s, 50-52s to get the drop level you wanted.

Around the time when the BS era finally ended I made more toons in preparation for new campaigns. I made mages that would end up being twinks up to L100.

When they changed the drop mechanic to have loot drop for your level regardless of the highest toon in the instance, I was quite peeved. Scaled farming was essentially nerfed since you could now farm while higher levels were present.

While the value of my farming twinks were lessened, I found an alternate form of enjoyment with them. I found that I actually like playing older maps with level appropriate toons. (Just don't get me started on the annoyance that they no longer gain kills) It's a nice feeling to find someone struggling on a map by themselves and then help them out without using "a main".

When the Forgotten event happened, I added a bird army so that all the bows I got could be used. Yes, every 5 levels. I only bothered getting Forgotten items every 5 levels, plus some strategic levels based on stats as well.

Then blessings were added.

I didn't really do blessings when it was first introduced. The SF Giants were doing well, and I attended as many games as I could.

Then I discovered you can get plat from them. So of course I tried it!

When my first 5th day finally came around, I got enough plat to essentially make a bear army, so I did! After all, I've got a ton of Str gear from all campaigns that are basically sitting around.

I'm not as big a plat buyer as a lot of other players who frequent the forums, but I do have "enough". I could've made a bear army a long time ago if I wanted. Blessings basically gave me the motivation to work on them sooner. I mean, c'mon, 3x combo blessings for 24 hours? They allow me to more efficiently play the toons with 3x + dailies for 5 minutes each and then come back around once all of them have exhausted their daily.

I played a lot during BS. Maybe more than I should have.
I didn't play much during Nuri because, well we all know why.
I played a bit during Mount Fang because some of the bosses were pretty fun. Almost to the caliber of AO3/BS, but not quite.
Humania I didn't play as much because I just didn't find it that interesting.

But now with blessings, everybody has a good excuse to at least log in every day and play for a bit. That's a good thing!

I'm all for a blessings nerf. I've pm'd G my basic thoughts on it, some of which others have now mentioned in this thread.

There is a balance somewhere, and I'm sure STS will find it.

But, please, don't ever say anybody who has a ton of toons has them to abuse the game just because of what such a person can do with them regarding blessings. There are many players who've had many toons long before blessings were around.

Here's a very simple idea.... make it take extra time to change between toons. Just add a 30 second or 1 minute delay. For those who casually change between toons, this will make no difference, and for those who are abusing the system, this will put an end to it. If there is a 1 minute delay and you got 100 toons, they just added almost 2 hours to your daily blessing collection time.

Won't work at all. Did you notice how people were dissatisfied when the DOTD popped up between every toon change during last weekend for the Big Lucks? Personally, it didn't bother me. But that was just one click and it was gone. A 30-60 second delay, heck even a 10 second delay is enough for people to bring out the pitchforks. People already complain when Fetching Greatness takes 10 seconds.

I don't think they need "another" delay. There's already an effective delay in place with the toon list scroll. I used to think that scrolling was a pain in the butt, but then I realized it had quite a few essential purposes which may or may not have been STS' intention. I don't think I have 100 toons, but I would hate to scroll though that thing with anywhere above 100 toons.

Fyrce
11-10-2012, 02:42 AM
I actually think maybe it's already nerfed and it's ok?

As for level limits, most of my toons are below level 30 and have been there for most of this year or longer. They were made to play low level farming, areas, and events, NOT for blessings.

When blessings came along, great, but blessings were not the reason multiple low level toons were made.

There are many people who enjoy the low level game occasionally. Low level toons should not be punished just for existing. They have already been nerfed enough. L1's can no longer access the stash. I still have my L1s because I enjoyed them quite a bit when they were useful for kill farming and uncomplicated PvP.

Playing specific areas with specific level toons is still quite fun, though it definitely was more interesting when they could kill farm.

I am hoping that nerfing the rewards, to a 1-5-10 system for plat, should work. Perhaps a trade-in system for the faces might be interesting.

Another thought:

I think that for me, blessings worked the way they were supposed to -- they got me back to playing. At least for the characters that received the 3x blessings.

I had mostly stopped grinding in PL, particularly when DL did not require that. I played Humania for 1-2 days and have yet to be in that new area. I played with the idea of leveling my mains but grinding did not excite me that much.

One day, I heard some people talking about blessings in chat so I tried it. Once I got the hang of it, I noted down which toons got the combo ones and started playing when toons I wanted to level received the 3x combo. Usually I made use of just an hour or so of the 24 hours, but I think that was the idea behind the daily blessings: to get people to come back and play PL more regularly.

TANKKAAR
11-10-2012, 03:12 AM
I have an idea :)

How about you nerf the plat totally from daily blessings and add plat to the drop table, this way people have to use the daily blessing pots they get to farm. End result being people need to come back for blessings but have to actually play the game for the chance at getting free plat.

Problem solved! No more free loaders... lol

The-Sandman
11-10-2012, 04:18 AM
New vanaties would be nice

ninjaduck
11-10-2012, 04:32 AM
I agree with Tank

Bunnyshoota
11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Make 30 plat chance rarer, make 2500 gold rarer, add new vanity hats.

onemadzhau
11-10-2012, 08:46 AM

Before anymore ppl accuse me and call me out for "exploiting" I'm gonna let you guys know this post was meant as a joke sts knows the truth.

Taaralatie
11-10-2012, 08:59 AM
I think the idea of a 'blessing currency ' with random amounts mixed in with other vanities would help ease the situation. The blessing currency could then be used to purchase blessing rewards like combo or XP elixirs on any toon on the same account. Pretty useful for most of us and not quite so useful to those just trying to make platinum. Keep platinum for existing elixirs and vanities etc.

Xcrucherx
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't think they should remove plat on 5th day blessing, just change it so that u can get platinum only on 10 characters or so, others would get elixir or vanity or gold but not plat

Snakespeare
11-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Before anymore ppl accuse me and call me out for "exploiting" I'm gonna let you guys know this post was meant as a joke sts knows the truth.

You had me fooled! LOL! I was marveling at your ability to scroll the list. You know, every time you change characters it starts at the top of the list, so the first five or ten blessing, no prob, but after that it starts to become a workout for the thumb.

I had 28 toons when blessings started. Eight are mules (yes I have that much trash and they can only carry 500 each), and I have one for every twink level in increments of 5, then there's the ambassador toon who is retired, and the guardian toon for a largely inactive guild, and farming twink who are at low range levels (like 21) and the rest I play with xp unlocked. I'm not as big a fan of the difficult frequent death zones at high levels, so I run around in noob land with these alts. You gotta understand that I am still a DM in D&D and I just like having a whole slew of characters.

So I never intended to exploit, but the first time I only did my top three (one pure of each). But when I saw their rewards I realized I should be doing all of them.

MightyMicah
11-10-2012, 10:01 AM
1) Don't know how to merch i.e. no gear
2) PvE is boring as hell, and i'm not grinding through 50k xp to get to 75.
3) Everything is plat based
4) I'm really just tired of the game. Been at it too long. Time for AL and SL.

Amen and amen. I just spent the little remnants of my gold on a death set for my bird. Thats the only character I play now for pvp...AL ftw!

Justg
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys, some great ideas in this thread. We'll keep you posted, but rest assured that a balanced economy is much better in the long run.

Have a great weekend!

- g

Register
11-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Im perfectly fine with even getting 5 platinum every five days....It's usually what I get lol....I haven't put much thought into this idea, but maybe make it so chances of getting 30 platinum go down if you collect two daily blessings in succession. Then, like in another persons suggestion, people with loads of characters would either have to wait a bit for maximum chances, which would take forever, or accept all of the daily blessings in succession and take the lowered chances. Casual players could just schedule the blessings a few minutes apart.

Edit: Maybe all we need is a plat cap for an account? I dunno....

Kixxler
11-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Edit: Maybe all we need is a plat cap for an account? I dunno....

That would kill their income.

onemadzhau
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
You had me fooled! LOL! I was marveling at your ability to scroll the list. You know, every time you change characters it starts at the top of the list, so the first five or ten blessing, no prob, but after that it starts to become a workout for the thumb.

I had 28 toons when blessings started. Eight are mules (yes I have that much trash and they can only carry 500 each), and I have one for every twink level in increments of 5, then there's the ambassador toon who is retired, and the guardian toon for a largely inactive guild, and farming twink who are at low range levels (like 21) and the rest I play with xp unlocked. I'm not as big a fan of the difficult frequent death zones at high levels, so I run around in noob land with these alts. You gotta understand that I am still a DM in D&D and I just like having a whole slew of characters.

So I never intended to exploit, but the first time I only did my top three (one pure of each). But when I saw their rewards I realized I should be doing all of them.

Lol I know how it looked but I got 7 characters to keep track of, I couldn't imagine having to scroll through 30 characters let alone the idea of 160 that ppl actually believed I had. I was just irritated that a funny little comment would have a few("friends") would call me a "cheat" and or "exploiter".

ShadowGunX
11-10-2012, 12:30 PM
dev can put limitations of getting plat rewards per week or month in each accnt irrespective of numbers of alt. with this plat system or economy would not b exploited.
lol i hav got 3 times 1plat nd 1 time 5plat. . bt i got 3 3x combo elix. m nt lcky to get 10 or 30 plats lol

xbabybugszx
11-10-2012, 12:36 PM
You can take away our plat! You can take away our face shields! But when you take away our 3x... thats when yall cross the line!

ShadowGunX
11-10-2012, 12:36 PM
And also dev should put dwn d 30plats rewards coz it is given only in d special contest. max plat reward should b 10-15 plats.

Kaytar
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I got 2 plat TOTAL on ALL my characters. Is a nerf really necessary? Lmfao...

MightyMicah
11-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I got 2 plat TOTAL on ALL my characters. Is a nerf really necessary? Lmfao...

Well...not for you.

Energizeric
11-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I think plat is not the only issue, gold rewards are an issue too. If you got 50 toons, then you're getting 50k+ per day at a minimum for doing nothing. I work my butt off as a Merch to make gold. I know others who farm to make gold. If folks are just getting lots of free gold, that hurts the economy. I think both plat and gold should either be eliminated from the daily blessings, or they should both become much more rare. The main reward should be elixirs. As we all know, the main reason plat rules in PL is because of the elixirs that can be purchased with it. When you play with elixirs, you can farm faster and you can get more pink drops because of the increased luck. So no need to give out the plat itself, just give the elixirs. Then it cannot be abused.

Fusionstrike
11-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Here's one more voice for making elixirs the main reward. I'm not sure about the plat part, but enough ideas about how to limit it have been given. My personal feeling is that I actually hate day 5. I seem to get 1plat or 2500 gold all the time, which for a level capped player is equivalent to a slap in the face. I'd much rather have any elixir than an amount of money I could make in 10 mins or not enough plat to even do one respec. The vanity shields I could take or leave, but I'd much rather have a higher chance at a good elixir.

Day 5 would be an actual event I look forward to if it gave only "good" elixirs, or was a 3x all the time or something. I'd actually look forward to it more than today because I wouldn't miss the plat, vanities, etc. But that's just my own preference.

Cahaun
11-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I think plat is not the only issue, gold rewards are an issue too. If you got 50 toons, then you're getting 50k+ per day at a minimum for doing nothing. I work my butt off as a Merch to make gold. I know others who farm to make gold. If folks are just getting lots of free gold, that hurts the economy. I think both plat and gold should either be eliminated from the daily blessings, or they should both become much more rare. The main reward should be elixirs. As we all know, the main reason plat rules in PL is because of the elixirs that can be purchased with it. When you play with elixirs, you can farm faster and you can get more pink drops because of the increased luck. So no need to give out the plat itself, just give the elixirs. Then it cannot be abused.
The economy in PL was already out of wack. Drop rates for Glyphic steels make Nuri's Circus crafting impossible, the mobs in Humania are too tough to farm it properly, Mount Fang is great now that people have a chance to get good gear from Nuri but Edward is still doing massive damage to elixered people, and small things but that gets some of my thoughts. :/

Fncrazy
11-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I thought it was fine the way it was. Work with it noobs. :p

Steverd
11-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I would also rather have a 3X combo, maybe make a 4X combo, or lower the platinum amount to 15-20.
ALSO I would also rather have some rare pinks that I could sell.

McBain
11-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I think plat is not the only issue, gold rewards are an issue too. If you got 50 toons, then you're getting 50k+ per day at a minimum for doing nothing. I work my butt off as a Merch to make gold. I know others who farm to make gold. If folks are just getting lots of free gold, that hurts the economy.

That's why in an earlier post I suggested changing the gold rewards to XP, like DL does. In DL, you get 50 XP per day as a daily reward. Hopefully in PL it would be a little more, since the overall XP requirements are so much bigger in comparison, but I'd rather have even just 50 XP than 1000 gold. Plus, an XP reward isn't exploitable obviously.

Rewards should be XP, elixirs, and vanities.

Azataso
11-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh this explains what happened to me last day 5
7 plat, 7500 gold, 2 shields, and a 3x on a twink i never go on. I was mad! Then I bought my 5th Halloween pack, and got the exact same things as my fourth one......I love my luck!

Like-A-Boss
11-10-2012, 06:50 PM
DONT MOVE THE REWARD AWAY THE MOST I GOTTEN IS 1 PLAT AND 3x COMBO, plz, I havent even gotten the shield vanity yet..
Its hard to play 5 days in a row.. :(

Shellkaz
11-10-2012, 06:56 PM
<sighs> I was probaly the biggest supporter of a plat reward. I know I argued hard and long for the implementation of some kind of plat reward for players. Especially those in countries where they don't have access to credit cards and for younger players who don't have access to a credit card. I have several of them in my guild. I watched time and time again as players fell for the Plat Scams and I thought that a plat reward would be a great way to stop this.

If you all have noticed, there has not been nearly as many "I was Scammed" threads started since the daily blessings started. Also there seems to be fewer Plat for Gold scammers hanging out in Balefort Maybe its the elixirs, maybe its the plat. I don't know. I do know that a lot of the folks that I talked to, usually wanted just a specific vanity item, like the Crimson Holo Shield, Pet or a Thrasher.

That people would exploit the reward system is foolish and greedy. They only end up ruining things for themselves and others. If the plat system hasn't been nerfed, I feel that it should be. My suggestion is that the Plat reward be scaled so that you get either 5 or 10 plat, and that Elixirs should become the Main Reward!!! I know I was surprised to see that the maximum plat reward was 30 plat. I expected it to be more along the lines of DL and to be only 10 plat maximum.

I also feel that only toons above level 30 be allowed to get the plat reward. I think that this might help to deter the "Plat Farmers" I honestly regret that something that I argued so hard for in an effort to help others, has been exploited to the point that STS has to do something about the issue. It is an exploit and I believe that if a player created multiple toons for the specific purpose of collecting plat, then the accounts in question should be banned.

I hope that the plat farmers enjoyed their Ill Gotten Gains while they had them. I will now feel sorry for the players who, if the nerf goes through, will now find it harder to save up plat for such items as a Thrash or Pet.

Mothwing
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
DONT MOVE THE REWARD AWAY THE MOST I GOTTEN IS 1 PLAT AND 3x COMBO, plz, I havent even gotten the shield vanity yet..
Its hard to play 5 days in a row.. :(

Huh?

1 week down.
Doesn't seem hard to me.

Arexos
11-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Ugh, I've never gotten platinum before :/, just sucks for it to be nerfed because of the exploiters..

razerfingers
11-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Um, dont nerf gold part tyvm. Its the only way i can afford my 56/58 nuri glyph wand set ;) and my SBL and my artisan so, i say keep it at 1k or even 500 gold but dont take it away because im sure the PL economy is too far gone. Just like americas economy(sarcasm so i dont get flamed :) ) anyways yeah keep the 1k or make it 500 gold. Its only thing keeping me logging in besides my buddies like um my guild! ARG. Also i dont like 10k+ per level it gives me jo intrest in leveling. Id love to play new dungeon but mobs so far apart id rather do mega maze or magic castle lol.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Rot
11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Here my idea :

On your day 5 you get to choose from these options :
Gold / Plat - More to gold, less to plat. Like for example 5% chance for 30 plat, 60% chance for 2500g.
Vanities / Elixirs - Either Vanity shields or Combo Elixirs.

Otahaibab
11-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Well make it so you only get the blessing on one character per account.
That way you cannot exploit plat(keep the 30) and people cant trade plat so its kinda fool-proof (waiting for someone to find a major hole in my idea lolz)

Waug
11-10-2012, 10:35 PM
shouldn't nerf plats properly, cuz players who are playing for a long time and can't buy plats, should have the chance to buy plat items occasionally. rather make it more rare.

The basic mistake sts did - the chance of getting all types of plat rewards are same. it should be like pink drops in pve. more plats less chance to get it.

as justG said if its exploitable peoples will exploit it, by creating toon armies, solution is make it possible to get plat only in 1 char per account say max lvl or main.

Technique
11-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I didn't read thru this whole thread but instead of changing the rewards how about making it so you don't receive platinum unless the character is over say level ten or even twenty? This way it would prevent some of the exploiting but still keep the platinum rewards.

Energizeric
11-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Um, dont nerf gold part tyvm. Its the only way i can afford my 56/58 nuri glyph wand set ;) and my SBL and my artisan so, i say keep it at 1k or even 500 gold but dont take it away because im sure the PL economy is too far gone. Just like americas economy(sarcasm so i dont get flamed :) ) anyways yeah keep the 1k or make it 500 gold. Its only thing keeping me logging in besides my buddies like um my guild! ARG. Also i dont like 10k+ per level it gives me jo intrest in leveling. Id love to play new dungeon but mobs so far apart id rather do mega maze or magic castle lol.

Honestly, from what you have written here, the PL community would be better if you didn't log in. You obviously don't enjoy actually playing pocket legends, maybe you should find another game.

Ortalan
11-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Maybe it's just coincidence... but I have 16 toons on which I collect blessings, and in two collections since the last update, not one of them has received a 3x combo elixir.... I agree that combo elixirs should be best reward. I know I like them more than plat reward.... But it sorta feels like 3x combo blessings got nerfed recently, too. Or maybe I just had bad luck? Anyone else have any observations about blessings these past two days?

Energizeric
11-11-2012, 04:46 AM
How about you can only get blessings for 5 toons each day, but it's up to you which 5 you want to choose. So it can be your twinks, or your mains, or whichever, but once you reach 5 you cannot get anymore that day on that account.

Steverd
11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Here my idea :
On your day 5 you get to choose from these options :
Gold / Plat - More to gold, less to plat. Like for example 5% chance for 30 plat, 60% chance for 2500g.
Vanities / Elixirs - Either Vanity shields or Combo Elixirs.

YES, This is a great idea!
I was thinking something like this, since the character I want to play that day usually never gets the 3X combo.
How about instead of platinum you get some type of daily bonus points that you can spend on special 24hr Elixirs.
That way I can pick the Elixir I need, XP or Combos and put it on the character I want to play that day.
Or maybe people could trade the daily bonus points in for Platinum (at a higher rate)

Steve

ninjaduck
11-11-2012, 09:07 AM
i thought it was fine the way it was. Work with it noobs. :p

finally. I love you <3

gibol1412
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Why "no plat users" have to suffer because some rich people want to blow system? First Tapjoy gone now that? I got 5 platinum now on my account. I'm not happy about that.

Energizeric
11-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Why "no plat users" have to suffer because some rich people want to blow system? First Tapjoy gone now that? I got 5 platinum now on my account. I'm not happy about that.

The solution is to limit each account to a certain number of blessings per day. Really it should be just one, but maybe allow a few, but not too many or else people take advantage.

Lowlyspy
11-11-2012, 09:22 PM
It's not just "rich" people. I know plenty of non-rich people who have been investing their plat from blessings into more toons to get more plat from blessings. Something was bound to be done eventually.

PatsoeGamer
11-12-2012, 07:15 AM
To make it as fair as possible for all players (large or small accounts), here's my suggestion- you get one blessing a day, with a reward every 5 days as normal. Once 'blessed' you can choose which alt you wish to use it on. Additionally, with the reduction in exploits on the system, the devs could award more exclusive prizes for the 5th day reward.

My only other comment would be to include potions into the prizes - or other things that are used. I agree with a lot of other people in the thread that the shields are a little excessive and yet not as rewarding as the combo, plat or gold rewards.

Fusionstrike
11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
To make it as fair as possible for all players (large or small accounts), here's my suggestion- you get one blessing a day, with a reward every 5 days as normal. Once 'blessed' you can choose which alt you wish to use it on. Additionally, with the reduction in exploits on the system, the devs could award more exclusive prizes for the 5th day reward.

Well it may be too late since the update happened today, but I would think they could just make one award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way there's no competitive advantage to having lots of toons. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons.

Beanipea
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Well it may be too late since the update happened today, but I would think they could just make one award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way there's no competitive advantage to having lots of toons. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons.

Hear, hear! I agree completely. Only one DB per account, and if it happens to be an elixir, all chars on that account will get same elixir. You can only play with one char at a time anyway.

Kinda assumed it was like this already, until I heard ppl getting multiple plat rewards on some of their toons. I couldn't be bothered though. Sounds kinda pathetic to me. Who the hell logs in around the same time on 50 or more accounts every freaking day? Almost sounds like work to me. Ugh...

gibol1412
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Hear Hear. No platinum from blessing after update!

小孩子
11-14-2012, 09:09 AM

Cough..cough..

cookiez
11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
dev can put limitations of getting plat rewards per week or month in each accnt irrespective of numbers of alt. with this plat system or economy would not b exploited.
lol i hav got 3 times 1plat nd 1 time 5plat. . bt i got 3 3x combo elix. m nt lcky to get 10 or 30 plats lol

Devs can do anything

cookiez
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM

Cough..cough..

Lmfao!

jeazahi
11-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I got one .. exactly one.

Note: this would make more sense if I had included the quote from the post I was replying to .. just move along

Roberto077
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
pretty much, bro

Darkterror
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
This tread should be closed lol

Drizzid
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Everyone suffers because of a select few.

This isn't the best way to remedy the situation and STS knows that. There are much more viable options that could be used here rather than a complete nerf. I can't be bothered to take any time to list them.

I guess they're tired of giving away potential profits, the gravy train is over! It was fun while it lasted even though I probably only got 50 plat over 5 toons since blessings were released. Oh well.

Snakespeare
11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Everyone suffers because of a select few.

I don't know about the "select" part, or the "few" part... Anyone who wanted to could convert any plat drops into more toons for the better chance of plat drops. On one of my alt accounts I did this and finally stopped at just 6 toons. I didn't see the point of proceeding further. But anyone could have done it. The only thing I was really doing that was different is, I had a schedule (my busride to work) and was able to collect my dailies and never let them lapse.

Anyway, this is not the final version of Blessings. That much is clear. There will be more changes, and plat might come back, but with some sort of limits.

itzyou
11-14-2012, 10:00 PM
personally i WANT the 1k gold back, for me this wont ruin the PL economy, but rather help it. there is TOO many over priced items in CS the are required to be able to play in certain campaigns. personally i hate playing Blacksmoke Mountain with my tiki set. i only have 4 mil and cant buy a newer set. with the 1k i was actually making more money with toons! actually making me want to play! not to mention the chance for a 3X HECK YES! This definitely revived PL in my heart.. few days later no more 3x ;( no more 1k ;( sad day i might stop playing again :/

150k+ to grind to 75 is INSANE for me, working and going to school my time has gone down, it was nice to come home get my elixir and grind with my 3X elixir, if non granted come back tomorrow! people of coarse will abuse the system though..

my suggestions-

-make a daily coin earning of 500-1,000 gold
-on the 5th day no gold be granted unless its 2,500-10,000 (no elixir or vanity)
-make a smaller chance for 3x everyday (but nevertheless A CHANCE!)
-on the 5th day have the following;
new vanity (i have at least 20+ shields)
3x elixir for 24 hours
2,500-10,000 gold
1-10 (maybe 15) platinum grant
2 inventory spaces (if your desperate)
maybe simple vanity pets (dog, cat, bird)
vanity ANYTHING! people wanna stand out and look stylish!
5 stash spots
1 CS spot
50-250 XP points!
(just an idea here) what if you made like a special inventory item that players would need to enter a new EXCLUSIVE dungeon, only players who have the item my enter a lobby/game. (sort of like the rainbow and aurora passes on pokemon)
1 new toon spot
single promo code for items on DL, SL, AL, for free items on there! also promoting to join other STS games.

just some random ideas. for me 3x chance and 1k per day was enough to make me want to play more! taking that away made me realize again its 150k XP to get to 75.. and when i get there a 7-9 mil dollar set waiting.. 3x made farming a little interesting making me actually capable of killing mobs faster!

-thanks for reading this LONG boring post :) itzyou