PDA

View Full Version : Nice one

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Considering the fact that you can easily beat any level solo, why should noobs who get lost expedition first be able to level straight to 30? It should be that the cap goes up per map you purchase, or every real money map pack purchase should allow you to level up to 30. Anyone else feel this way? Oh and, nobody bother saying that you need to leech to get to level 30, because you don't. And for hose who thinks it's a waste to skip the other dungeons, too bad so sad, some of us don't think that $8 is a good price for an iPod game of this quality.

setec
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
For this quality I would expect to pay more. Oh wait, you don't think PL is quality. :)

So you're saying that you can take a level 1 into LE and solo? Can we watch?

Banned
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
This has been discussed many times before and the devs have gave their answer. No level cap, plain and simple. And this game is the highest quality you'll find on the iPhone.

King Richie
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
hahahaha banned u hero

Shebee
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I thought you had to buy all campaigns before you could even buy the LE expansion, you have to be lvl 24, which means you need to buy the ones before LE?

Banned
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I thought you had to buy all campaigns before you could even buy the LE expansion, you have to be lvl 24, which means you need to buy the ones before LE?

Nopez. Any level dawg.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
For me they were red in the iTunes store...
I want a refund.

Banned
04-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Haha, the red confused me at first too.

_ck
04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't mind it if there was a minimum level requirement to play a map pack, but then it simply shouldn't be possible to purchase that map pack in the first place unless you have reached that level. No one should be able to buy something and then not have it work until they reach that level (weapons/items excluded), that'd lead to a lot of unhappy customers. On the other hand, it's very dangerous to effectively "force" people to buy and play every map pack in a certain order, that could surely lead to just as many unhappy customers.

There's really no easy solution to this in my opinion, but once we have the ability to kick players a lot of higher level games will surely be kicking out Level 5 players who are looking for a quick route, so in that regard things will police themselves. We'll certainly see a lot less of them if we chose to, and then really who cares what they do on their own as long as they're not leeching off of you?

The way I see it, the ones who just buy The Lost Expedition are just cheating themselves, as they only have that and Forest Haven to play. It really can't be fun to run around the 5-6 levels of Lost Expedition to level up that much. And maybe I just don't get the MMORPG, but isn't it more about playing the game and having fun rather than just reaching the top level? It's not like you get a trophy to put over your fireplace just because you hit Level 30, it's not like there's any real prestige in just having a high level. I play because I think it's fun, so to me jumping straight to The Lost Expedition is far more of a waste of money than actually playing your way through the whole game.

Banned
04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, what if you just can't buy the other map packs. I got LE for some kid because his parents wouldn't allow him to use their credit card. Should he be restricted from playing it because of some stupid restriction. I don't think so.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
No but I think it's stupid they make the expansions red and now instead of only buying LE I bought all of them...

Banned
04-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Well doesn't that suck.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
It does.. Is it possible to get a refund on the maps purchased?

Jovians
04-22-2010, 05:51 PM
You guys are missing the big picture. The way the dev make even a lil money off this game is by the map packs. Every app developer wants some sort of profit. Y do u think we see so many apps with advertisment. We got it easy. The game is free to play and there is no advertisment in it what so ever. Now if we want them to keep up their great work and complete this as a well made well balenced mmo we need to make sure they access to some of the thing they may need to keep up the dev. Stop being cheap. We should be glad we are gettig this on the iPhone for the prices we pay now. Wow still cost $30 to make it through the first 60 levs and that's if u can do it in a month. Ppl be reasonable.

Banned
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
You guys are missing the big picture. The way the dev make even a lil money off this game is by the map packs. Every app developer wants some sort of profit. Y do u think we see so many apps with advertisment. We got it easy. The game is free to play and there is no advertisment in it what so ever. Now if we want them to keep up their great work and complete this as a well made well balenced mmo we need to make sure they access to some of the thing they may need to keep up the dev. Stop being cheap. We should be glad we are gettig this on the iPhone for the prices we pay now. Wow still cost $30 to make it through the first 60 levs and that's if u can do it in a month. Ppl be reasonable.

Alright man, I LOVE THIS GAME, but WoW is a totally different quality. This is a iPhone game if you are forgetting. Make a different comparison next time <_<.

setec
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Alright man, I LOVE THIS GAME, but WoW is a totally different quality. This is a iPhone game if you are forgetting. Make a different comparison next time <_<.

Actually, you can compare this game to WoW in many respects.

In WoW, you if you want to get to level 80, you have to buy the expansion packs to get there not just the last one.

It makes sense to do that for PL. I agree that maybe it could have been more clear in PL as to what you had to purchase but this game is less than a month old. This the price we pay for being early adopters of the game.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Why are people comparing this to wow, I'm paying the same amount of money here ,if not more considering the game doesn't work at the moment, if you compare the quality of the games directly.
Also, I don't have a problem with paying for the expansions in between, but if I would've known that I can just buy The LE, and skip the rest I would've done that of course, paying less money with the same benefits.
And for your own interests wow is 12 a month not 30.

_ck
04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
It does.. Is it possible to get a refund on the maps purchased?

Yes, of course. But not until you also get a refund at McDonalds after you ate the whole burger.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes, of course. But not until you also get a refund at McDonalds after you ate the whole burger.

It's like asking a entry fee to McDonalds, when there is a back door you can get in for free...

Banned
04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Actually, you can compare this game to WoW in many respects.

In WoW, you if you want to get to level 80, you have to buy the expansion packs to get there not just the last one.

It makes sense to do that for PL. I agree that maybe it could have been more clear in PL as to what you had to purchase but this game is less than a month old. This the price we pay for being early adopters of the game.

No you can't. You can't make a price comparison AT ALL. WoW= Better graphics, Better features, Better gameplay, and etc. PL is amazing. FOR AN IPHONE GAME. There is no way you can justify PL's expansion pricing by comparing it to WoW. Completely different quality.

Jovians
04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Dude learn to buy wow $15 dollars and to play for 1month time is 15 dollars. =$30 if u buy all the pl expansions it =$7. It elementary math man. Lol. The point isn't what game is beter. The point is ppl frustrate me when they ask for a refund for what? ATM u are getting a good deal even if the game isn't to ur standards. And u don't hav to pay at all to realize it. now if they where to refund money all u would be doing is hurting a game the general community and the dev. All wanna see succeed.

setec
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Actually WoW is $15 a month for by the month, $14 for every 3 months and $13 for every 6 months. (I rounded up)

But for WoW, you have to buy the game first and pay to play.

Ppl compare this to WoW because it is the first game on the iPhone that begins to give you that type of experience. No one is saying its exactly the same. But you can still draw comparisions from it.

I like PL because there is no monthly fee and I can play when I want, upgrade when I want. No pressure to play because of reoccurring fees.

Jovians
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Word I completly agree with setec. :)

Shebee
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Dude learn to buy wow $15 dollars and to play for 1month time is 15 dollars. =$30 if u buy all the pl expansions it =$7. It elementary math man. Lol. The point isn't what game is beter. The point is ppl frustrate me when they ask for a refund for what? ATM u are getting a good deal even if the game isn't to ur standards. And u don't hav to pay at all to realize it. now if they where to refund money all u would be doing is hurting a game the general community and the dev. All wanna see succeed.

The 1 month is included, so basically I pay nothing for 10 days, after that I pay the activation free which includes 1 month game time, so it's actually cheaper the first time.
Technically we can call free to play because they have a 10 days free trial, just like PL is also free to play up to a certain point.

I'm just saying I feel scammed in a way, they make me believe I need the expansions to get level ups, while in reality I can buy the last expansion and level from 1-30 there..

Banned
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Actually WoW is $15 a month for by the month, $14 for every 3 months and $13 for every 6 months. (I rounded up)

But for WoW, you have to buy the game first and pay to play.

Ppl compare this to WoW because it is the first game on the iPhone that begins to give you that type of experience. No one is saying its exactly the same. But you can still draw comparisions from it.

I like PL because there is no monthly fee and I can play when I want, upgrade when I want. No pressure to play because of reoccurring fees.

If you didn't read my post, I said PRICING COMPARISON. You just can't compare pricing for a high quality PC game to a dang iPhone game.

setec
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Fair enough. They need to make it clearer or put restrictions on what you can buy at what level. But I don't think SS was out to scam anyone. They didn't go to all this trouble to scam $2 here or there of some unsuspecting players.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
If you didn't read my post, I said PRICING COMPARISON. You just can't compare pricing for a high quality PC game to a dang iPhone game.

Thats what I said too, but because he started to speak something random I cleared things up.

Jovians
04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Are u that cheep? Cuz if it will get ppl to talk about somthing that will help the development of the game I'll gladly give u the 7dollars that pl husstled u on. ;p

setec
04-22-2010, 06:20 PM

Actually, yes I can. Why can't I compare this? Forget the games, just compare how Blizzard handles billing and PL. Compare the business models.

Banned
04-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Fair enough. They need to make it clearer or put restrictions on what you can buy at what level. But I don't think SS was out to scam anyone. They didn't go to all this trouble to scam $2 here or there of some unsuspecting players.

They removed level restrictions for the benifit of the players. Probably just a honest mistake they made and forgot to remove that from the info.

_ck
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
It's like asking a entry fee to McDonalds, when there is a back door you can get in for free...

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Seriously, what we're talking about here is $6. That's €4.50 for you in Finland. Is that really so much money for you that you dare to get on here and ask for a REFUND? Did you not get something in return for spending those $6? Yes you did, you got to play Dark Forest, Balefort Castle and Fathom Crypt, and yet here you are with the nerve to ask for a refund.

I'm not even one of the game developers who has to try and earn a living off of this game, and I'm still offended.

Banned
04-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Actually, yes I can. Why can't I compare this? Forget the games, just compare how Blizzard handles billing and PL. Compare the business models.

Yeah but the comparison that was being made before was on the expansion pricing on PL and WoW. There's a reason why PL only charges $2 while Blizzard charges $30. Because of completely different quality. I'm not gonna pay $30 for a PL expansion and Blizzard sure as hell won't charge $2 for a WoW expansion.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Seriously, what we're talking about here is $6. That's €4.50 for you in Finland. Is that really so much money for you that you dare to get on here and ask for a REFUND? Did you not get something in return for spending those $6? Yes you did, you got to play Dark Forest, Balefort Castle and Fathom Crypt, and yet here you are with the nerve to ask for a refund.

I'm not even one of the game developers who has to try and earn a living off of this game, and I'm still offended.

4.77€ actually :P
Anyway, I have to make my living as well, and frankly for me every cent matters, I'm not saying they shouldn't get money or anything.
I just think they should add a level restriction to the campaigns, so that you cant bypass the middle level ones.
No one's talking about a free meal here.

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow I got a LOAD of replies to this thread. I kinda feel proud. Anyways, those of you comparing this to wow are kind of unfair IMO. For me, I'm comparing pl to IMO: the world of magic and outer empires, both for the iPhone, both better quality and oh god, cheaper. For me, I feel scammed, they could have told me and whoever else that you can just buy the last map pack, but conveniently, it slipped their mind. Who knows? It could've been a simple mistake, otherwise it's a conspiracy. All I'm saying is that I feel somewhat scammed and that is NEVER a good feeling (for those jerks who are making rash comments about how spending $2 is sooooo bad). It just sucks!

Just one thing, for those of you who find this like wow (which sucks IMO), I'm wondering how? I mean it's an open world mmo with instances. I guess this game has instance only gameplay, which is why it's not much of a quality game, but it has nothing else! Imo the world of magic is way more like wow, fully free and very large once you realize that first island is for beginners. It's fun, it's big, it's great. Pl however is addicting (not fun per say, especially when it starts being repetitive), small, and okay, yet it costs a load. This is purely speculation, but if your so naive that you think you can put a poor grade game, FOR AN IPHONE, and expect people to buy from the product, A LOT, then that's just pitiful and sad. This game isn't bad, but it isn't great and it sooooo is not worth the whole $8 shebang. This is my opinion, so I don't permit you to criticize and make fun of this post, however, you may speculate and make as many clever replies as you like. I just don't think I should be paying for this ATM.

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 07:20 PM
As for that noob on page 1, it's called walk through a wall on a ranged character and kill everything, thus allowing you to solo all of le and get to level 30, rather easily, and virtually unharmed. And yes you could watch.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I bought all the map packs thinking the same thing, but I dont feel scammed.

I wonder why.

Oh I get it. Its because I'm not a tight fisted stingy whiner.

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
I bought all the map packs thinking the same thing, but I dont feel scammed.

I wonder why.

Oh I get it. Its because I'm not a tight fisted stingy whiner.

What are you insinuating? If you think I'm a whiner, newsflash, I'm not. I just feel scammed to a certain degree. I'd have gotten the other campaigns as the devs brought in the pet shop and the housing and pvp and whatnot, but so far, only the cap exists. So instead of spending money on stuff that I don't NEED for any particular portion of the game, I could have the max level... And, like many others, I was befuddled at the red highlighting and thought I couldn't do those levels, so I got df and bc. And now I'm bored at level 23 unable to do stuff until I get some income. So again, I feel scammed that I don't have the MAIN portion of this game and instead need to wait who knows how long to buy a pet and make a house. Both of which seem cool, especially housing.

Anyway, I thought I said I didn't want to be criticized @~~40£3!

Xervitude
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM

Dont post on a public forums then. Criticizing is what people on the net do.

Splurd
04-23-2010, 01:37 AM

Well this is not burger king, you can't have it your way.

asommers
04-23-2010, 01:51 AM
I've put up an explanation here about how things currently work.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?759-Level-Cap-(explicit-and-implicit)-aka-quot-I-can-t-get-any-more-XP!-quot

-ALS

setec
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
As for that noob on page 1, it's called walk through a wall on a ranged character and kill everything, thus allowing you to solo all of le and get to level 30, rather easily, and virtually unharmed. And yes you could watch.

I am no noob. :) I play by the rules. Once they fix the walking through walls your arguement won't hold water.

Zithorio
04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Dont post on a public forums then. Criticizing is what people on the net do.

Forums aren't for making fun of you, so that post doesn't even make any sort of sense in this situation. And people who criticize on the net for no reason are trolls. I voiced my opinion, I don't want to be called stupid because of it, do you get that?

Zithorio
04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I am no noob. :) I play by the rules. Once they fix the walking through walls your arguement won't hold water.

That may be well and true but, key words, only when they fix it will this NOT matter, until then I could easily solo to level 30, at the same time, get almost every good drop in the process.

Splurd
04-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Forums aren't for making fun of you, so that post doesn't even make any sort of sense in this situation. And people who criticize on the net for no reason are trolls. I voiced my opinion, I don't want to be called stupid because of it, do you get that?

But if said opinion is stupid, then you will get called stupid.

This is my opinion, so I don't permit you to criticize and make fun of this post
Oh dearie me. Frankly I dont give a dam what you permit and do not permit. Who died and made you king of the internet? hmmm? The world does not revolve around you.

Just as you are free to voice your opinion, we are also free to voice our opinion about your opinion.

If you feel compelled to voice your opinion, then you must face the corresponding feedback.
If you post something good and wonderful, people will praise and compliment you.
If you post something stupid and whinny, well, I think we can see what happens.