PDA

View Full Version : Something New

ThePhantom
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Now, I've been thinking about how the riches get the best gear and most things as they please. I am fine with that but I have been thinking of a new system (STS probably won't even do this, but just want to throw this out there) to reward the Pvpers. What I'm trying to say is the rich become dominant in PvP (just want to clarify that this is not always the situation). I was thinking of a new type of "currency" as some people would call it where each pvp kill would give a point. Then there would be gear specifically made for PvP. With the points you earn you would buy the gear piece by piece until a set is formed. This gear can only be obtained by getting the amount of points required Example: One point per kill you need 300 points for a bow or armor ect..(The gear can not be traded or sold whatsoever) This way the Merchants and farmers out there can enjoy their sets. This way the people who are based on PvP can have sets that they can earn doing something they enjoy, aside from doing something that they don't enjoy.

Let me know what you think about this. I am still thinking of ways this could have less negitive effects on the economy

Sincerely, Phantom

Superdexme
11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
The only problem I could see is people farmin kills :/

LwMark
11-10-2012, 01:08 AM
The only problem I could see is people farmin kills :/
Yep

All they need to do is do what they did with AL

Superduper
11-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Yep

Which is?

ThePhantom
11-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Yes that was one of the problems I was trying to think of a solution to.

Jcyee
11-10-2012, 01:27 AM
yep lots of farm killing/rushing. which means new pvp players will have a tough time getting some of this gear you are suggesting

ThePhantom
11-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Yes, most new players will have trouble in PvP at the start. but they will learn and get better like most of us all did.

WarTornBird
11-10-2012, 01:36 AM
I feel like a way to stop the exploiting would be to have a timer like when they kill someone, the timer starts for like 20 minutes or however
long. Only problem with that is, is that there isn't that many people in a room at one time.

Maybe if the points weren't to ridiculously much then you could then pvp for points then pvp just for the heck of it. I dont know just a thought.

LwMark
11-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Yep

Which is?

Go check out the announcements for AL.
They are doin a seasonal thing, top lb achievers get somethin special

McBain
11-10-2012, 05:18 AM
I like the leaderboard thing AL has going on, but I don't know that it does anything to fix people farming kills though. If anything, rewards would encourage kill farming even more.

ninjaduck
11-10-2012, 06:17 AM
No more rewards. Thread closed.

nmyxspaceship
11-10-2012, 06:43 AM
We could have what in other games call "The Arena" and this could potentially fix our problem.

To start, there would be no joining of games. You would have a ncp ask you if you would like to party up with 3 other people. Once the team has been selected you would be randomly placed with another team. It would be either a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 arena. And those teams would be randomly selected. Fixes our boosting problem. Rushing. Well this would be a rushing based system so there you go.

Points. Sts can choose how many points should be required to select how many points the items are and then choose how many points are awarded for winning and losing the game. Ex. Winner 10s Losers 2s.

Jsaieagle
11-10-2012, 09:00 AM
IMO, this totally breaks the pvp "culture" in PL. Many pvpers are talking and chilling in the pvp rooms instead of killing each other. Your idea will only lead to more rushers and rivals!

If you need any gears and/or golds, don't be lazy, go farm!

Bunnyshoota
11-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Have a specialized map where you must have a full team to start.

cuard
11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I support this 100% beacuase farming is not somthing I enjoy doing and I dont have enough money to a be a elixer junkie. This is a good idea but I im in the middle class on pl, ( or at least thats where i place myself ) Im afriad some people will not like thie though because they already have the good gear.-cuard

Chickenrunnn
11-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Now, I've been thinking about how the riches get the best gear and most things as they please. I am fine with that but I have been thinking of a new system (STS probably won't even do this, but just want to throw this out there) to reward the Pvpers. What I'm trying to say is the rich become dominant in PvP (just want to clarify that this is not always the situation). I was thinking of a new type of "currency" as some people would call it where each pvp kill would give a point. Then there would be gear specifically made for PvP. With the points you earn you would buy the gear piece by piece until a set is formed. This gear can only be obtained by getting the amount of points required Example: One point per kill you need 300 points for a bow or armor ect..(The gear can not be traded or sold whatsoever) This way the Merchants and farmers out there can enjoy their sets. This way the people who are based on PvP can have sets that they can earn doing something they enjoy, aside from doing something that they don't enjoy.

Let me know what you think about this. I am still thinking of ways this could have less negitive effects on the economy

Sincerely, Phantom

I had spoken about that a long time ago ._.

Oh :) Found it :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?57516-New-PvP-CTF-content&highlight=Content

This idea may be refused by everyone, but items drop for PvPers in pvp and CTF to reward the best players and/or gold per kill (like 1kill=5golds); indeed, why pvp and ctf players won't be able to make money from ctf and pvp ? Afterall, PvP and CTF are another game mode, nearly same as PVe, so I think it will be a really good idea (this is a personnal idea, I think everybody's gonna disagree with it lol)

Here it is :) I agree :P

Zapder
11-10-2012, 01:50 PM
wouldnt everyone just farm each other for extra points? lol