PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Leaderboard/Stats/Seasonal Resets Survey!

SkillFullGamer
11-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Okay so I decided to see what all the people on Arcane Legend felt about about SpaceTime Studios wiping the Leaderboard and they're stats upon World wide Release. I so took the time to see what the local thought was on seasonal resets. I went around asking random people throught Arcane Legend Towns to see what the word was and here's wat I got:

LEADERBOARD/STAT RESET UPON WORLDWIDE RELEASE

(347) People Surveyed

Yes=10.66%

No=54.76%

Indifferent=34.58%

SEASONAL RESETS

(164 )People Surveyed

No=87.21%

Yes=9.71%

Indifferent=3.08%
The results speak for themselves. If I had to sum it up, people are concerened about it being fair to people who can't play yet, but in truth it doesn't affect them to much. A lot of people don't want it to be reset because they have put in a lot of work and time, some have even bought platinum to spend on elixirs, so taking reseting would be unfair as well. So I believe its probablly best to not reset, the majority don't wish it of the community.As for the seasonal resets , people just think that's a terrible idea lol...

gison
11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Reset.

zeusabe
11-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Not policing or anything, just refreshing you that there's a particular policy against this...totally up to you if you want to pursue this (at your own risk) :D

Source: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

* Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Sweet
11-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Seasonal reset is cool idea.
Sam has mentioned there will be prize for the each season.
Just like LoL's seasonal championship tournament .
Yes to reset !

gison
11-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Not policing or anything, just refreshing you that there's a particular policy against this...totally up to you if you want to pursue this (at your own risk) :D

Source: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

* Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Qft.

dreenise
11-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Should 100% be reset upon worldwide release.

BodMaster
11-10-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't get why this could be a bad thing.

People get bored of staying No. 1 to the point of quitting the games they play after a few months.

With this, many players have a seasonal chance to get on the LB, and get a Prize for this! Along with a nifty Title most likely!

To that reason I'd have to say I think StS have hit the nail right on its head this time around!

If LBs stay as they are in other games no Prizes can be given as its always going to be the highest. If your truly awesome and can keep up your reign, reset will show through easily.

Thegrimreaper
11-10-2012, 06:49 AM
no this is crap i have capped, i got 19 pets, my own guild with guildhall and am working on capping a second player so unless they plan on refunding me 200+ plat i think its crap...apple users were all for no reset for PL! i say let them deal with what we (android users) had to deal with...that double standards and its unfair to us....plus as the people who are making the game ready for full release by finding all the last kinks and bugs, that is totally unfair to make us restart

Aeroflame
11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Had I been #1, I'd be tempted to say to keep that stuff there, but honestly, in the spirit of gaming, I don't feel like walking into a party someone else already started, so to say. A good friend taught me greatness, so I say wipe em so we all have a chance to have a go at it :)

besides, those records will be wiped off the second the hardcore players join.

Aeroflame
11-10-2012, 08:33 AM
(347) People Surveyed

Yes=10.66%

No=54.76%

Indifferent=34.58%

(164 )People Surveyed

No=87.21%

Yes=9.71%

Indifferent=3.08%
The results speak for themselves. If I had to sum it up, people are concerened about it being fair to people who can't play yet, but in truth it doesn't affect them to much. A lot of people don't want it to be reset because they have put in a lot of work and time, some have even bought platinum to spend on elixirs, so taking reseting would be unfair as well. So I believe its probablly best to not reset, the majority don't wish it of the community.As for the seasonal resets , people just think that's a terrible idea lol...

1. pretty sure allison is u -.-, and 2, you're saying that because you're #1 atm... why not fight to keep your spot, and 3. how do we know u didnt ask a question ppl would obviously say no to?

ninjaduck
11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm very impressed at how much effort you put into this. The results answer the whole problem IMO.

Samhayne
11-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey SkillfullGamer,

Thanks for putting some time into this. I appreciate the effort, but I feel it is a little misplace and/or not acting with all of the informatio. Much of the art in creating polls lies in the methodology used to conduct them. If I come up to you on the street and ask you if you want something to change or stay the same, you're likely to opt for the status quo. Change is scary, especially if it is presented as "we are going to take something away" without indication at the rewards.

So, let's reserve judgement until the system and the rewards for the season are ready, ok?

Thread closed.