PDA

View Full Version : Account Security Suggestion

xxteargodxx
11-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd like to suggest a new account security feature that would protect people from getting their accounts hacked.

Each player would have to set up Account Security Questions which would only be accessible in the game they are playing.

There would be 4-5 Questions and once they are set they cannot be changed. Once the questions are set you will be able to play from the device you are currently playing on at any time without having to answer these questions.

However if the account is trying to gain access on a different device then the questions will be asked and won't be able to log in unless they are answered.

If anyone would like to give their thoughts/comments feel free.

LwMark
11-10-2012, 11:24 PM
People dont get hacked, they give out their info

xxteargodxx
11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
I still think this system would help if it were mandatory that players create 4-5 questions and answers and have it verify their device they are playing on. And the only way to change the questions is to log on from the device the questions were first made on. Then if people still get hacked or lose their stuff they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Bless
11-11-2012, 09:05 AM
That takes too long

Piosidon
11-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Yea with this we can scam scammers.

Guy A: buying accts 100k!
Guy B: ok, qwerty@asdf.com ; pass- 123456
Guy A: thx here's 100k
Guy A: hey what's your answer to ur security question?
Guy B: *logs off*

Perfect!

Elyseon
11-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I still think this system would help if it were mandatory that players create 4-5 questions and answers and have it verify their device they are playing on. And the only way to change the questions is to log on from the device the questions were first made on. Then if people still get hacked or lose their stuff they have nobody to blame but themselves.
They currently can blame someone else?

Energizeric
11-11-2012, 12:32 PM
The dumb people who give out their account info would most likely give the answers to these questions as well. Since in most cases people give their info with the intent of having someone else log into their account. They only complain when they find out this other person is not logging in to give them free items or plat, but instead to steal their stuff. Sorry to say, but there is no way to make this idiot proof except to keep warning people, and I think the "don't give your email or password to anyone" warning you get 50 million times during the game is enough. If people don't want to listen, there is nothing we can do. All STS can do is look at chat logs and determine when someone has been scammed and restore their account and items.