PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on farming Natural red diamonds?

slaveleia
11-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Don't have a clue on finding these, which boss has dropped more for ppl? Usually they explain more when they release crafting. Seeing the Dragonet didn't help much as it only crafts items for you.

I assume it's all the bosses in Blacksmoke maps? I haven't played much in Blacksmoke & have been more confused on this cap than previous ones. I just bought all my equips from the CS & didnt farm any of it! In Humania, everyone was running the same maps looking for the Ocean blue diamonds, more games to join.

Otahaibab
11-10-2012, 10:21 PM
hopefully they will add a quest which not only will lower the prices for crafted items but also make a more famous mao to run ex:fur gee furballs)

slaveleia
11-10-2012, 10:38 PM
I agree with that. I don't wanna be running against the Red Dragon or Koal nonstop trying to find Natural red diamonds. The cost (1 mill to 2 mill each?) of diamonds is way too much in the CS as usual in early stages of crafting & the crafted sets aren't that much of a step up in stats like its been said. Some like the red crafted but I actually like the uncrafted green look of the gears better I think.

Been running the dragonet nest I think it's called? Hope I can get some diamonds there...a little easier.

saool
11-10-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree with that. I don't wanna be running against the Red Dragon or Koal nonstop trying to find Natural red diamonds. The cost (1 mill to 2 mill each?) of diamonds is way too much in the CS as usual in early stages of crafting & the crafted sets aren't that much of a step up in stats like its been said. Some like the red crafted but I actually like the uncrafted green look of the gears better I think.

Been running the dragonet nest I think it's called? Hope I can get some diamonds there...a little easier.

Saw one drop to someone with only bigger luck so it does, but rarely like any other, if not more rarely because of how much easier it is.

Edit: my best advise it's not too get discouraged if you don't get one in your first couple of runs. Just keep going.

wammm
11-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Bsm erruption

Elyseon
11-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Ive got one from
-koal
-dragone
-onyx
-red dragon
Lol so not too much help on which is best luck cuz they my only 4 dropped ones

dudetus
11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
There are no magical ways getting those diamonds. Kill a boss and prey.

Energizeric
11-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Although what I'm about to post is not entirely scientific, here is my experience the last 2+ days....

I did approximately 30 runs through the paid dungeon, which has 7 bosses, but only 5 of them give item drops. So that means I got approximately 150 drops in that time. During this time I always had my big luck helm on (+12% luck) and the 7 plat combo elixir (+35% luck), for a total of +47% luck. That means about half of my purples rerolled into pinks.

So the result was this: I got 5 pink drops, and only one of them was not a reroll. 4 of the drops were Natural Red Diamonds, and 1 was a recipe. I didn't even get any regular pink item drops (weapons, armor, helms, shields). Previously before this update, I had probably run the paid dungeon a few dozen times and had run dragons nest at least 50-100 times during the 4-day level 76 challenge, also while having the same elixirs, in all that time I got 4 pink drops, 3 of which were rerolls.

So I would say that without any kind of luck boost, your chances of getting a pink item in BSM is far less than 1%. With some sort of luck boost (maybe a daily combo elixir?), your chances improve to about 1-2%. And I'm guessing with a shamus elixir (100% luck), maybe you can reach 3% chance of pink drops.

Either way, pinks in this campaign are more rare than they were in Humania, but I think this is a good thing. Just have some patience. The update just came out a couple of days ago. If everyone was to get enough diamond drops to be able to craft in 3 days, then a month later your set would be worth 300k. If the items are scarce, then when you put in the hard work and finally craft your set after a month or two, it will actually be worth something later on when you are ready to sell.

slaveleia
11-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Ive got one from
-koal
-dragone
-onyx
-red dragon
Lol so not too much help on which is best luck cuz they my only 4 dropped ones

Nice! Thx for the intell....any info helps. I ran Underworld Eruption paid dungeon & saw 2 drop at the Red dragon on different runs. It's like the new monster bash.

When did they even release this Underworld eruption 3 plat dungeon? I never saw any announcements or notes on it. Maybe I missed it on one of those combo updates.

Energizeric
11-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Nice! Thx for the intell....any info helps. I ran Underworld Eruption paid dungeon & saw 2 drop at the Red dragon on different runs. It's like the new monster bash.

When did they even release this Underworld eruption 3 plat dungeon? I never saw any announcements or notes on it. Maybe I missed it on one of those combo updates.

It's been there since the new expansion was released.

Ebalata
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
If you don't have plats to run in Eruption, you can try farming in Magma Fields (Boss is Koal). The mini boss (beside Knight Fox) also drops pinks, thus there's a higher chance for pink drops and Red Diamonds :)

You can do this until they release a quest for the Natural Red Diamonds.

slaveleia
11-11-2012, 03:50 PM
It's been there since the new expansion was released.

Omg, I never noticed! Talk about noooob. How come they didnt promote it more?...either that or ive just been oblivious lol. You think more ppl farmed their pinks from there than the regular maps? Thx for sharing your game experiences about farming, I always like reading others luck & whatnot.

I saw someone loot a Natural red in Underworld eruption at Onyx boss a little while ago, wish it was mine. :-/