PDA

View Full Version : Item finding/luck boosting gear

Sixxsixsix
09-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Anyone who has ever played the Diablo series should be familiar with this concept.
I think it would be ridiculously awesome if the devs put out new armor/weapons that would boost luck.
Anyone else agree?

Royce
09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
This has been suggested before, and I am against it. Basically because, you'd have groups where some people contribute more to the actual killing of a boss because they have stat-boosting gear, but those who contributed less to the kill because they were wearing "luck" gear would get better drops. That seems wrong to me. Also, it would reduce the use of luck elixers so the devs could lose money unless they were plat items. Anyway, I was also against luck elixers, and we all know how that turned out...

Sixxsixsix
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
That is a very good point, I can't argue, but what if the items were stat driven and extremely rare?

Thuull
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
We already have this problem to a certain extent. Ppl down the luck potion, then don't want to risk dying in the boss fight because dying removes the effects of the potion. So, they hang back and don't push hard so they don't risk losing their gold/plat.

I'd /approve a removal of the luck potion based on this.

Furrawn
09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I agree- gear that boosted luck would create an imbalance in the team/game...

bmc85uk
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I was sad to see luck pots introduced, I'd be interested to know how much plat people spend on them, because I'd much rather loot chances were just down to drop rates, and everyone had the same fair chance and no way to pay for an increase.

gstarrr
09-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Well said Royce ;) Well said
i agree