PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Binder Challenge

Anyanka
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Continuing with the latest tradition of challenges the Exiled Angels guild presents you with....

The task is simple:

Complete the Demon in the Woods mission in Worlmen Sepulcher...
Using ONLY the power of Dark Binding

Rules are:

you must kill all enemies (boss included)
you CAN'T die (no, not even once)
you CAN'T use blood packs
you CAN'T use ANY other powers EXCEPT Dark Binding
you CAN'T use attack (no weapon or fist attacks)
you may equip a weapon but you CAN'T use it (stats only)
you must complete the mission in under 4 minutes and 30 seconds

That's it! Think you've mastered the power of Dark Binding? Can you manage?
Contest is hosted by Anashef, Axania and Okafleeba. PM any one of them ingame to take the challenge.
At least one of the three judges above must be present when you take the challenge to follow you and time you.

If you complete the challenge the judge will award you with 20k!
If you fail to complete the challenge, you must pay the judge 10k!
(Yes totally stealing that idea from the AOTA challenge. Payout amount may be negotiated with the judge.)

Good luck to all challengers!
Don't forget, the primary point of any and all challenges is to have fun!

-It goes without saying that you MUST have the power of dark binding. So if you don't, respec, or wait for another challenge ;)
(Yes PVPers, Im talking to you! :P)
-Time limit is NOT random, its the minimum time it took the judges to complete the challenge.

Sahrabee
11-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Erm that sounds fun.. but i dont use dark binding o,O ... Goodluck to all though :D

Kraoracha
11-12-2012, 06:07 AM
I use it but like with all other things in this game I suck at it. :)

Bastilia
11-12-2012, 09:04 AM
;) my will fail

Kraoracha
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I would like to give it a try some time but I am quite sure I will fail, I normally cannot finish a dungeon without my ping going up in the red anyway, lol.

caabedez
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
But how will the judge know whether we even used dark binding or know that we've finished?

Sam_Arah
11-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Wow this sounds super challenging! When i respect and take on dark binding i will surely try this. Wish you and your crew all the best with the contest.

Anashef
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
But how will the judge know whether we even used dark binding or know that we've finished?

Send us a friend request and we will start a solo mission and invite you. Then we will follow behind you in the mission watching and timing you. ;-)

Kraoracha
11-14-2012, 02:58 AM
So also no thirst if the skully comes up? I would have to train first to see if I could pull that off, lol.

Anyanka
11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
So also no thirst if the skully comes up? I would have to train first to see if I could pull that off, lol.

You can feed normally to fill your health, you are just not allowed to use blood packs.

Anyanka
11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow this sounds super challenging! When i respect and take on dark binding i will surely try this. Wish you and your crew all the best with the contest.

Thanks Sam :)

Kraoracha
11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Okay, that would make it easier, I get enough thirst feeds normally when just using dark binding.

Flamberge
11-14-2012, 07:57 AM
This sound so much like a gambling to me.

Kraoracha
11-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Well, if you can use skill better then the ones that set the standard you win :p

Anyanka
11-14-2012, 09:33 AM
This sound so much like a gambling to me.

How so

Kraoracha
11-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Did I understand correctly you all tried it, and the best one made the time we have to stay in to complete it?
So basically we have to finish it faster then any of you to win?

In that case it might be fair to have a bet that pays out 1:2 or 1:3, lol So 10k if we lose, but getting 20k 03 30k if we win, or something like that, lol.

Flamberge
11-14-2012, 11:07 AM
How so

You need to pay if you didn't make it, that is a gambling. What did I miss? It's better if you make an entrance fee for this contest, like e.g you need to pay 1k to join this contest, if you succeeded then you get 10k.

Kraoracha
11-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Well, you can say in this case you pay 10k to join, then you get 20k when you win, giving you the same as when you pay 10k when you loose and get 10k if you win.
With gambling you depend on luck, with this you have skills, so not really gambling.

caabedez
11-16-2012, 03:57 AM
wonder if i can still join ...

Kraoracha
11-16-2012, 08:25 AM
I wonder if anyone already took a challenge, didnt see any results yet?

Anashef
11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
wonder if i can still join ...

You can still join. Just send Myself, Axania, or Okafleeba a friend request and we will start the challenge ;)

Unknowable
11-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Hmm Well Bet The judges Will Get LOTS of profit !!

Anyanka
11-17-2012, 11:30 AM
About the whole gambling issue, gambling is all about luck, completing this challenge involves strategic thinking. It is not a luck issue.

I don't get why everyone seems to be so concerned with the gold and not just think of this as a fun way to try something different in DL. (no one complained about the AOTA challenge when it had the same rule but anyway....) Especially considering that because of the DL level requirements issue, anyone taking this challenge would have to be level 28+... I don't think 10k is such a terrible amount for those levels.

But anyway we shall give you more incentive: 10k if you lose, 20k if you win!

Sam_Arah
11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
About the whole gambling issue, gambling is all about luck, completing this challenge involves strategic thinking. It is not a luck issue.

I don't get why everyone seems to be so concerned with the gold and not just think of this as a fun way to try something different in DL. (no one complained about the AOTA challenge when it had the same rule but anyway....) Especially considering that because of the DL level requirements issue, anyone taking this challenge would have to be level 28+... I don't think 10k is such a terrible amount for those levels.

But anyway we shall give you more incentive: 10k if you lose, 20k if you win!

Your contest looks fine to me ... with the AOTA Survival Challenge, Castdown will tell ya that we did not make money and even lost funds by organizing (when you factor in bloodpacks and people winning). Speaking for myself, I know that I did not gain any profit from the challenge, even with any rule changes implemented. Maybe I just keep inviting too many good players to do the challenge, lol. From my perspective, the challenge we made up was never intended for a profit, but simply to challenge others; sure there was, and still is a possibility of a profit. Again, I do not have a problem with the contest, heck I can't even play cause I do not have dark binding, lol. I would say that it is the most challenging contest out there given the prerequisites (see first page of thread).

When I respect I will try, and probably lose 10K ... one power, no melee attack, 1 life, no blood packs, and time restriction = most challenging contest on Dark Legends!

Qingsanale1st
11-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Imma ask

Qingsanale1st
11-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Your contest looks fine to me ... with the AOTA Survival Challenge, Castdown will tell ya that we did not make money and even lost funds by organizing (when you factor in bloodpacks and people winning). Speaking for myself, I know that I did not gain any profit from the challenge, even with any rule changes implemented. Maybe I just keep inviting too many good players to do the challenge, lol. From my perspective, the challenge we made up was never intended for a profit, but simply to challenge others; sure there was, and still is a possibility of a profit. Again, I do not have a problem with the contest, heck I can't even play cause I do not have dark binding, lol. I would say that it is the most challenging contest out there given the prerequisites (see first page of thread).

When I respect I will try, and probably lose 10K ... one power, no melee attack, 1 life, no blood packs, and time restriction = most challenging contest on Dark Legends!
Correction: no weapon attack, but bashing is allowed, lol

Sam_Arah
11-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Correction: no weapon attack, but bashing is allowed, lol

So you mean you can use bare fists ... so melee attack, but no weapon equiped?

Anyanka
11-19-2012, 04:10 AM
The rules say you cannot use the attack button... so no melee attack with either weapons or fists. You can equip a weapon for its stats but you cant use it.

Qingsanale1st
11-19-2012, 10:41 AM
ooops, I missed that! :D Then Better to just equip the best stat weap, but forget about the attacking button altogether (ONLY DB), let's just run around! :D

Oh but the rules didn't say we can't respec during the run to change our passives, but that would waste time...

Qingsanale1st
11-20-2012, 06:42 PM
what times are you guys available?

Qingsanale1st
11-25-2012, 09:47 AM

20k?? Kinda week reward for such a deep challenge.. Step it up guys.

hear hear, one skill only means a lot of merit... especially if they make us do more enemy maps
Btw it would be so cool to commission a pic like that one you posted...

Anashef
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Qingsana Loses

Anashef
12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Qingsana second try... Winner!!!

canislupis081376
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
As per usual, I am late to the party. This looks quite interesting. May have to run it sometime, if it even still exists. I do so love a challenge, and this one would probably make me think. Love when people come up with things like this, for it makes the game interesting again. As an aside, would take this opportunity to throw a shout out to all my friends from the multiple guilds that I have met, roll with, and just kick back and relax. Good luck to any who take this one....seems like it'll be difficult.