PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes

Kuero
11-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I've just watched a gameplay review of Al on YouTube which showed the first cutscene. It looked pretty stolen from the first part of The Lord of the rings.
This Gustav presents Gandalf and that drunk dweller the dwarf. And Gustav (gandalf) is telling him not to dig too deep into the mines.

Lol are all cutscenes like that?

Malerian
11-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Just a question : was it subtitled ?

Kuero
11-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Yup,

This one: http://youtu.be/cvfK76UqS8I

Malerian
11-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Beware : if you value the few first minutes of story, and didn't view the video :
SPOILERS

Yup, there are some elements that seem commg with LotR.
But not that many, in fact : old wizards and young fools are typical fantasy characters.

The only things that seem like they're coming out of LotR are the goblin attack and the "evil in the old mines".
In fact, it's possible it IS like the part of LotR where the Fellowship explores the mines of Moria, because i think i saw a picture of a boss in a mine-like setting which looked quite a bit like the Balrog.
You're probably right, but don't forget STS always does some sort of Easter Eggs in their games. That's just the first storyline, making it look like LotR isn't so much of a big deal, eh ?

Kuero
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
I wasn't trying to argue about LoftR's copyrights lol
I was just wondering if the following cutscenes also have some movie content in common.
But yeah "Easter bugs". SL also owns some Star Wars/ Star Trek stuff

Malerian
11-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Ah, ok, my bad then.
Can't answer that though