PDA

View Full Version : Auction Terminal suggestions

eugene9707
11-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Maybe we can add a section in the auction terminal or maybe a separate terminal that allows players to post what they want to buy and how much they are willing to pay (basically the revers of the auction terminal)

its should look and work just like the auction terminal, but the only difference is that the people viewing the terminal is selling instead of buying (so higher price better)

Of course there will be small tax added to the fee too (just like the auction terminal)

This way, players don't have to spam and post around b* , all they have to do is post their offer in the terminal, and hopefully will get their item

other suggestions are welcome :D

iAmPain
11-12-2012, 02:03 AM
So basically, people put up an offer to an item they are looking to buy with a fee just like auction?

And so, when the other sellers see their offer, when they accept, the engine will send a notification that theres
someone who is willing to buy off for that price?

Hmm.. seems like a waste of time since its the same thing, instead pro-longed deal and waste of energy.

I mean why would you post an offer to a terminal if it costs the same as putting your item up for the real auction.

eugene9707
11-12-2012, 02:24 AM
cuz some people might want to buy stuff that's not on the auction ?

u DO know that there are stuff that's not on auction cuz people just liquidfy them....

while some people need them but just cant get it ....

oh btw if u sell it on the offer terminal, the seller don't get charged extra, only the buyer

Babbare
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Use general chat. That's your solution.

iAmPain
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM
If you sell it on the offer terminal, the seller don't get charged, only the buyer
I know, didn't say that the sellers will get charged for accepting the offer, only that they will pay for what they accepted.

There will be small tax added to the fee too (just like the auction terminal)
And by this, did you mean the amount of posting an offer will be "just like the auction terminal" ?

'Cos if so, I may have to disagree again. They're just posting offers, so In my opinion they shouldn't be
Taxed as much as when posting at the real auction house. Maybe half.

eg;
Auction Terminal - 3 Hour = 10c
Offer Terminal - 3 Hour = 5c

Thus by the buyer's wont have to pay so much Just for posting an offer.

flashbackflip
11-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Sorry, bro - not a great idea

General chat is used because:

1) no fee - especially useful when selling expensive vans

2) faster sell/buy due to wide listening audience

your suggestion is already implemented - it is the 'trader's market (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?46-SL-Trader-s-Market)' part of this very forum... :D

eugene9707
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
And by this, did you mean the amount of posting an offer will be "just like the auction terminal" ?

im just saying that it functions similar to the auction terminal ,
tbh , i haven't thought about the cost to post part >.<

that's y i said "other suggestions are welcome :D "