PDA

View Full Version : Gender selection

IshoootU
11-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Please allow players to select the gender of characters. Just the same when choosing the face on the character creation, i think you can add additional choices for male/female. I wanted to play the double-sword but definitely not as a girl. Thanks.

Lillypink
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Since PL was STS's first game I dont think they had that in mind when they made the game, but they do have other games like Dark Legends and Star Legends. With those games they made you have the ability to change gender unlike pocket legends. :)

~LP

Flamberge
11-12-2012, 03:58 AM
This no gender option thing is so much STS typo kind of games.

Galrox
11-12-2012, 07:55 AM
A female blue smurf would look.....the same? lol

Rare
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Check Justg's comment out here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74342-Most-annoying-things-in-AL&p=846366&viewfull=1#post846366)

Hey guys, couple of comments about camera lock and gender choices:

Gender choices are restricted for a different reason. We went with such strong silhouettes because we really wanted to differentiate the feel of the roles. Each class has specific, and highly stylized models and animations, as opposed to SL, where everything shares the same model and animation set. For us to pull off a female warrior in AL, it would be a completely different body type, different animation set (women do not move like men, as we all know), and different armors at the least. This is what we call in the biz, a "multiplier".

I hope this explains some of the choices that may seem arbitrary to you, and thank you very much for the continued discussion of how we can make this game better for everyone.

- g