View Full Version : 2012-11-12 Content Update (107697)

H2N
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Rebalanced Daily Blessing rewards to no longer be exploitable.
Added new daily reward vanity items, including new brown, gold and burgundy antenna.

Supermein
11-12-2012, 06:12 PM
It means, no more platinum?

Noodleleg
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Omg i want those antenna :o!!!!!!!

Multibird
11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Awesome!!

Sciazaratek
Exploitable ? Gold or plat ?

xbabybugszx
Do we still get to keep 3x combo elixers ??

Bootdaddy
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Sweet

13pvp
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Are the antennas gonna be able to purchase?!

Writing
11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Exploitable means?

Mothwing
11-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Great...more antenna...

gibol1412
11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
What exactle changed? Can dev answer?

Mothwing
11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
What exactle changed? Can dev answer?

Sure

Rebalanced Daily Blessing rewards to no longer be exploitable.
Added new daily reward vanity items, including new brown, gold and burgundy antenna.

Darkterror
11-12-2012, 06:29 PM
At least i still got my plat back lol! Couldnt really "exploit" since i realized at last instant.

Lets hope its not 2500 gold again...

Bunnyshoota
11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
1. Exploitable as in gold or plat?
2. How much has it been reduced by?
3. Are shields still there?
4. No gold compensation on missed days?
5. Are those 3 antennas the only thing added?

-BS

Slcinuup
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I got best antenna ever 2010?

razerfingers
11-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol... No point and doing daily boessings anymore. I guess for the characters i level only! So like 4 lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Darkterror
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
When are we getting that "graphic" update...? and a bigger screen vertion (5th generation ios) Its currently using the small size....

gibol1412
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Sure
Your not funny.

Darkterror
11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Never mind it just hit the store lmao!! new client!! thanks

Techno Email
11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Do we still get to keep 3x combo elixers ??

Yes!

Techno Email
11-12-2012, 06:59 PM
1. Exploitable as in gold or plat?
Both.
2. How much has it been reduced by?
Reduced to 0.
3. Are shields still there?
Yes!
4. No gold compensation on missed days?
Nope.
5. Are those 3 antennas the only thing added?
A few other existing antenna colors now also have a chance to drop on Day 5: red, yellow and orange. We plan to circulate different colors in and out.

Techno Email
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
It means, no more platinum?

Correct, Daily Blessing plat. rewards are no longer available.

Brybert
11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Purple antennas?

Techno Email
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Purple antennas?

Not right now, but we plan to circulate which colors will be available from Daily Blessing.

Brybert
11-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Ok thanks

razerfingers
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
So why take gold away again? I mean the PL economy is so far gone it didnt matter lol thats my opinion

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

vle_hoang
11-12-2012, 07:30 PM
O cool, gold will have abit more of their value now. But reduce to 0 plat is not cool, should reduce to 1,3,5 plats instead.

McBain
11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Once again, jerks who have nothing to better to do than take advantage of an act of generosity have ruined something cool for the rest of us.

So there's no gold or platinum in the blessings at all? That's kinda drastic. I think there were multiple valid ways to make the blessings non-exploitable without removing these rewards altogether. Oh well. Life goes on.

Heroelite
11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Wow...

gibol1412
11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
There is no chance to get free platinum now. WoW!

Rot
11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
No more plat on Day 5? Great. That means if I have to respec or inspect my page which needs only 2 plat I'll have to count on stupid W3i offers that only work once in a while or buy platinum. Just great.

Otahaibab
11-12-2012, 08:49 PM
No possible way for me to get free platinum....looks like ill never be able to cap after all thx to some few morons who HAVE to take advantage of the kindness of people... can we get like some plat for day 5? except instead of per toon its per account?

LwMark
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Everyone PLEASE say thank you to the people who made it public about plat farming, an didnt just be quiet an just play the game an enjoy the game. I honestly cant believe plat was takin away.

onemadzhau
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Story of my life tomorrow my 5 day :/ and only got 3 plat left ugh

Waug
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Giving away very few plats occasionally wont hurt anything but could save longterm players who can't buy plats.

edit : unless they think those players are totally worthless for them.

Fusionstrike
11-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Here's what I posted in another thread about a way to handle this that doesn't mean taking away gold and plat altogether. Maybe the ship has already sailed at this point, but hoping a dev will read and consider if I put it here.

I would think they could just make one daily blessing award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way it's completely irrelevant how many toons you have. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out, including gold, plat and anything else, because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons. In other words, reward the account, not each toon.

I suppose those people who have nothing better to do than create a bunch of email addresses could still farm gold by making tons of accounts. If that's a concern, then just restore plat and not gold rewards. After all, plat can't be traded, so having a million separate accounts each with a little plat doesn't help them.

Kixxler
11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
-BS

LOL bs!

Mothwing
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Your not funny.

Wasnt trying to be.

Mothwing
11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Please excuse my double post, but I swear if you add white, fiery, or any other special vanity to the daily blessing I will fly to Texas and take them out myself.

(No, not literally)

Energizeric
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Here's what I posted in another thread about a way to handle this that doesn't mean taking away gold and plat altogether. Maybe the ship has already sailed at this point, but hoping a dev will read and consider if I put it here.

I would think they could just make one daily blessing award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way it's completely irrelevant how many toons you have. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out, including gold, plat and anything else, because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons. In other words, reward the account, not each toon.

I suppose those people who have nothing better to do than create a bunch of email addresses could still farm gold by making tons of accounts. If that's a concern, then just restore plat and not gold rewards. After all, plat can't be traded, so having a million separate accounts each with a little plat doesn't help them.

I suggested this in the discussion thread, but a few people complained -- one person suggested a cap at 20 toons! LOL, as if only 20 rewards was not an exploit in his mind. LOL. My guess is if they had done this, the same people complaining here would still be complaining. I understand, you try to get what you can get.

Cobraguy
11-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Everyone PLEASE say thank you to the people who made it public about plat farming, an didnt just be quiet an just play the game an enjoy the game. I honestly cant believe plat was takin away.

I was one of the people that helped make the devs aware of these idiots posting how they were farming plat by reporting the posts and PMing the devs so they were aware of an exploit. Want someone to point the finger at, you can point it at me if you like, or how about even better, point it at the idiots who were cheating, they are the ones who deserve the credit.

STS deserves the credit of not taking away blessings entirely, they have no legal obligation to give away free pixels, we should appreciate the free stuff just like the devs should appreciate us spending money to keep them in business. I see blessings as a way of STS saying thanks for the Ferrari payment, here's some free pixiels. :)

Ebalata
11-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I miss the days when the antennas really meant something - which is you've met/ socialized/ waved at a Dev visiting PL towns. These were the times you wear the antennas proud coz you can brag about having met a Dev in PL.

I'm not sure if people will jump about antennas (or shields for that matter) that they get on their 5th day of blessings, it doesn't carry much meaning. But that's just me. I would still prefer good elixirs as a reward for consecutively playing PL for 5 days :)

vle_hoang
11-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Dont hate the players, hate the game.

You guys who said that other players who abuse exploit and making STS take aways free plats, i'm just asking you one question: Do you take Daily Blessings on all your toons (even if you have 1,3,10 or 100 toons) or you only take DB on your main. Dont be hypocrit and talk like you are the only honest player, when STS release DB and put plats into reward, they HAVE TO knows the result, and fore-see the consequence. Im pretty sure that they dont have to take off plats reward like they do in this update, if they still want to give out plats, they have millions ways to do. The DB update strike directly into STS profit so they dont want to give out plats anymore. Im not trying to defend abuser/exploiter but this have nothing to do with em, sooner or later, after STS realize that their profits is decreasing (even with or w/o abuser/exploiter), they will find a way to take off plats reward no mater what (even big compagny like blizzard/gameloft never gave out inapp $ for free). I personally have 25 toons before the DB update, and bought 5 mores after DB update (30 toons in total). After the update, im getting DB everyday on all my toons, does make me an abuser/exploiter?

Sry if my English sux, English is my 3rd language, but i hope u understand what i mean and and dont blame anyone for the the release of the update.

Thanks for reading.

ShadowGunX
11-13-2012, 01:41 AM
lol.got only 8plat till nw. i hav only 2 toons. nw i wont b getting plats lolol. w3i is also nt giving offers lol.

Alalakcity
11-13-2012, 01:48 AM
"Dont hate the players, hate the
game"

agree

McBain
11-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Here's the thing I don't get: there doesn't seem to be any problem with players exploiting the daily rewards in Dark Legends (at least that I know of). How/why is it different here?

TEOKILLO
11-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Please excuse my double post, but I swear if you add white, fiery, or any other special vanity to the daily blessing I will fly to Texas and take them out myself.

(No, not literally)

Mawthy look at this

Defencer
11-13-2012, 02:10 AM
STS nerfed DB, i nerfed paying for plat. You are going the same way as Bigpoint (Darkorbit). They lost most of their paying players because of going more and more expensive.

Jcyee
11-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Correct, Daily Blessing plat. rewards are no longer available.

n-n-no more plat rewards... :'(

Rot
11-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Red antenna available for FREE? What about those who paid 20 plat for it when it was on Deal of the Day? 20 plat, gone?

TEOKILLO
11-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Orange antenna:o

lilweezy
11-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Mawthy look at this

wow so you are that dragon scammer? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71112-S)-green-dragon-armor&p=806098&viewfull=1#post806098

ShadowGunX
11-13-2012, 03:09 AM
plz dev atleast giv 5plats as reward on 5th day. i havnt got plats from w3i since 2months

Cobraguy
11-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Here's the thing I don't get: there doesn't seem to be any problem with players exploiting the daily rewards in Dark Legends (at least that I know of). How/why is it different here?

Iirc it costs a lot more plat to create extra toons on DL.

gibol1412
11-13-2012, 05:31 AM
I was one of the people that helped make the devs aware of these idiots posting how they were farming plat by reporting the posts and PMing the devs so they were aware of an exploit. Want someone to point the finger at, you can point it at me if you like, or how about even better, point it at the idiots who were cheating, they are the ones who deserve the credit.

STS deserves the credit of not taking away blessings entirely, they have no legal obligation to give away free pixels, we should appreciate the free stuff just like the devs should appreciate us spending money to keep them in business. I see blessings as a way of STS saying thanks for the Ferrari payment, here's some free pixiels. :)

I agree with you in 100%. If I were you I'd also is reported those people. But taking away platinum for fair people is not fair. I think that there are other ways to change this terrible situation. Or maybe not. I can't know for sure.

I got 3 characters in game. I don't make another after DB. I do not know why there are dishonest people in this crazy world and this game. I'm so honest that help people in the game. You can give me anything and I can turn to your other character if is on other email account.

Btw. Sorry for my english to. This is my second language.

Dreuefesie
11-13-2012, 05:58 AM
I got a x3 elix on day 1-4 can't remember what day.

deviousdemon
11-13-2012, 06:23 AM
what a pitty... right after update i hit day 5 of db.
:(

well... to take away plat as a possible reward was disappointing... but why u took away gold also!?
ppl could use those lil gold amounts to purchase potions.
especially new players gonna have hard days now.. i guess...

regarding antennas: i got 3 antennas on day 5
1x red (allready purchased em with plat several times back in days!!!)
1x yellow (best antenna 2010 (!) ) !?!
1x shiny brown (at least nice looking bc new)
and 2 shields (again :/ )
imho from this change antennas will b the next items to b liquidated beside those shield!!!

although we still can b awarded with some 1.5/3x elix im pretty sure that i for myself wont make it up to day 5 too often in the future.

adis
11-13-2012, 06:31 AM
*in Darth Vader's gesture when he found out that Padme's dead*
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
*everything wrecks*

Xcrucherx
11-13-2012, 08:25 AM
No plat just because some players think that some1 would collect blessings on more than 10 toons?!

wvhills
11-13-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not really sure this all wasn't planned out. Get people used to spending lots of free plat then take it away.

P.S. Imo vanities are a waste of time. People like them the first week they're out but after everyone has 5 in their stash they get lame.

Parisli
11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
emeginize saglik ama bu turkce dildestegini neden unutuyorsunuz. hergün neredeyse güncelleme geliyor ama neden bunun icinde turkce yani turkish dil destegi gelmiyor anlmis deilim.

gibol1412
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
emeginize saglik ama bu turkce dildestegini neden unutuyorsunuz. hergün neredeyse güncelleme geliyor ama neden bunun icinde turkce yani turkish dil destegi gelmiyor anlmis deilim.
Damn it...

TEOKILLO
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Mawthy look at this

wow so you are that dragon scammer? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71112-S)-green-dragon-armor&p=806098&viewfull=1#post806098

What dragon scammer? O.o

Techno Email
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
We're all very sad to see the free plat and gold blessings go, and I certainly understand all of your concerns on the topic. We hope to be able to offer something like this again in the future using technology that will allow us to limit this to limit these rewards to individual accounts. In the (shorter term) future, I also hope to add some more new gear drops to Daily Blessing... Plans for that are still very much in a brainstorming phase, but I thought I'd plant the seed in case it it sparks any interest. ;) Until then, we hope that you guys continue to enjoy the bonuses of free stacking 24-hour elixirs and unique vanities! :love_heart:

Bless
11-13-2012, 11:02 AM
We're all very sad to see the free plat and gold blessings go, and I certainly understand all of your concerns on the topic. We hope to be able to offer something like this again in the future using technology that will allow us to limit this to limit these rewards to individual accounts. In the (shorter term) future, I also hope to add some more new gear drops to Daily Blessing... Plans for that are still very much in a brainstorming phase, but I thought I'd plant the seed in case it it sparks any interest. ;) Until then, we hope that you guys continue to enjoy the bonuses of free stacking 24-hour elixirs and unique vanities! :love_heart: how about collectable gear from DB? Like angel but only helm and armor?

Darkterror
11-13-2012, 11:06 AM
I though ..... What if there was a rule of chance> The lower platinum you have the higher chance to get a maximum of 1 to 5 plat. So players that really need it would still have some hope.......well it was taken away.....but i think 30plat was way too much. It could just even be from 1-3 plat.....

Lowlyspy
11-13-2012, 11:06 AM
how about collectable gear from DB? Like angel but only helm and armor?
I'm all for bringing the angel vanities back (not the statted gear), not for free though.

Vilified
11-13-2012, 11:28 AM
You could have come up with a better way to handle this, once again those of us who did nothing wrong are being screwed, and people wonder why the amount of good people in the world is going down..... It's crap like this the people who exploited the blessing got everything where as those of us who didn't got next to nothing and won't be getting anything else..... Think things through instead of rewarding people who take advantage of the system

bronislav84
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
You could have come up with a better way to handle this, once again those of us who did nothing wrong are being screwed, and people wonder why the amount of good people in the world is going down..... It's crap like this the people who exploited the blessing got everything where as those of us who didn't got next to nothing and won't be getting anything else..... Think things through instead of rewarding people who take advantage of the systemExactly my thoughts.

Uyen An
11-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I like x3 combo and plat from daily blessing ,only.
But thx for new angtena.
Dev can you sell back red shiled vanity i like it.

Defencer
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
We're all very sad to see the free plat and gold blessings go, and I certainly understand all of your concerns on the topic. We hope to be able to offer something like this again in the future using technology that will allow us to limit this to limit these rewards to individual accounts. In the (shorter term) future, I also hope to add some more new gear drops to Daily Blessing... Plans for that are still very much in a brainstorming phase, but I thought I'd plant the seed in case it it sparks any interest. ;) Until then, we hope that you guys continue to enjoy the bonuses of free stacking 24-hour elixirs and unique vanities! :love_heart:

Please keep your useless vanities and i keep my money. in case of db sts has been very fast with "balancing". what about dragon vanities? what about forgotten bow? i think, you are only balancing thinks for selling more plat. I`m 46 years old and i`m playing mmo`s since several years. your way is well known - downstairs.

LwMark
11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
We're all very sad to see the free plat and gold blessings go, and I certainly understand all of your concerns on the topic. We hope to be able to offer something like this again in the future using technology that will allow us to limit this to limit these rewards to individual accounts. In the (shorter term) future, I also hope to add some more new gear drops to Daily Blessing... Plans for that are still very much in a brainstorming phase, but I thought I'd plant the seed in case it it sparks any interest. ;) Until then, we hope that you guys continue to enjoy the bonuses of free stacking 24-hour elixirs and unique vanities! :love_heart: how about collectable gear from DB? Like angel but only helm and armor?

If ur guna do that might as well add founders in to,maybe the shield of gratitude and some cops

Cobraguy
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Please keep your useless vanities and i keep my money. in case of db sts has been very fast with "balancing". what about dragon vanities? what about forgotten bow? i think, you are only balancing thinks for selling more plat. I`m 46 years old and i`m playing mmo`s since several years. your way is well known - downstairs.

LOL, Your'e 46 and crying about losing free stuff in a game...get real please....

This sense of entitlement for free pixels makes no sense to me, at least they didn't take it away all together. The chance for some of the elixirs they give out for free is still awesome. The 24hr 3x combo in itself is worth 720-960 plat. That to me is more than generous, its like having a thrasher for a whole day.

Defencer
11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
LOL, Your'e 46 and crying about losing free stuff in a game...get real please....

This sense of entitlement for free pixels makes no sense to me, at least they didn't take it away all together. The chance for some of the elixirs they give out for free is still awesome. The 24hr 3x combo in itself is worth 720-960 plat. That to me is more than generous, its like having a thrasher for a whole day.

The 3x combo arrives all 10 days or so. For the rest of the time i can farm in lower stages or pay for trasher to be able to play bsm. BSM without pot is unplayable! I like to pay for playing a good game, but the price has to be real. 20 $ for 4 hours is too much. for eve (for example) i pay 15 euros for 1 month. this is a good deal. limit the number of toons of each acc and it will be ok.

sorry, i learned english 30 years ago at school :-)

Cobraguy
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
The 3x combo arrives all 10 days or so. For the rest of the time i can farm in lower stages or pay for trasher to be able to play bsm. BSM without pot is unplayable! I like to pay for playing a good game, but the price has to be real. 20 $ for 4 hours is too much. for eve (for example) i pay 15 euros for 1 month. this is a good deal. limit the number of toons of each acc and it will be ok.

sorry, i learned english 30 years ago at school :-)

I can understand your english just fine, its not that. I rarely play with elixirs, and I have no problems on a pure dex bird playing in BSM. The reason so many think that BSM is unplayable without a thrasher is because they're so used to playing with them, their skills are degraded. On a 3x combo I can own pretty much any map in this game solo, usually without dying.

Fusionstrike
11-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Thanks for hanging in there on this thread to hear what players have to say, TE. I think this solution of no gold/plat for anyone ever is a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Your comment leads me to believe you might just do some kind of limiting in the future, so that you could offer plat/gold and still thwart the current exploiters, which would clearly be a better solution. I hope you really are trying to make that happen and the current solution is merely the interim fix along the way there.

The way I see it, giving out a little plat not only serves as a great loyalty prize, but may also convert some recipients into future plat buyers as well. It's likely to be a net gain to STS's bottom line if done in a non-exploitable way.

Defencer
11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I can understand your english just fine, its not that. I rarely play with elixirs, and I have no problems on a pure dex bird playing in BSM. The reason so many think that BSM is unplayable without a thrasher is because they're so used to playing with them, their skills are degraded. On a 3x combo I can own pretty much any map in this game solo, usually without dying.
... but only with 3x combo. thats the point! STS should create more riddles and the need for partys to play with strategies against bosses. it must be possible to play without trasher. To invest plat for time is ok, but there must be a relation. Or alternativly give players a chance to earn some plat for free. another option is to get plat drops from bosses.

Snakespeare
11-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Day 5 just became Day meh ... I'd rather have Day 4 blessings over Day 5 blessings now. Can we just count up to 4 then keep going back to Day 4 unless a late visit sends it back to Day 1? I do not want antennas. Antennas are Android things. I am not an Android user. I already have so many colors of antennas that I had to buy more inventory slots. And they never did come up with a prize to have all antennas. I just don't want another antenna. I'm sick of antennas. On Day 5 now all I get are things I already had. Got a shield, delete it... got an antenna, delete it... I'd rather have a Day 4 reward any time.

Suentous PO
11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
I rarely play with elixirs, and I have no problems on a pure dex bird playing in BSM. The reason so many think that BSM is unplayable without a thrasher is because they're so used to playing with them, their skills are degraded.
Same here im pure dex, and i play in pugs sober.

FluffNStuff
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Same here im pure dex, and i play in pugs sober.

I am also pure dex and I play in pugs ... Oh, I think I see my issue. In game elixirs help me counter that :)

Aressgodxx
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Do we keep platnium? I got on today and i was so mad no platnium came on any of my 14 characters.. ( I actually have LEVELED THEM only one is lvl 11 Fail pvp bear rest is 35+ so therefore i didnt take advantage by making extra accs. I did it for fun. THen when blessing came along with platnium offers it was great! When i got x 3 combo go level!! When i got platnium LETS RACK IT UP i said. When i got x1.5 combo i say.. nope not good day to play PL only to merch.

Techno Email
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
If ur guna do that might as well add founders in to,maybe the shield of gratitude and some cops

Done! Wait...

J/k. ;)

Aressgodxx
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
I swear make daily blessing so you can get vainty PACKS AND VAINTY from platnium store..

Yep i think you should do vainty packs a mix of 3 vaintys from platnium store.

LwMark
11-13-2012, 06:24 PM

Done! Wait...

J/k. ;)
Hahhaha , TE just a fyi i saw someone in Balefort named Technoehotmail ahahha thought it was funny

ArtofWar
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Ty soooooo much for the new antennas!!! I <3 them!!! :)

Techno Email
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Hahhaha , TE just a fyi i saw someone in Balefort named Technoehotmail ahahha thought it was funny

An imposter??? I'm flattered!

On the topic of the gameplay implications of the Daily Blessing changes, per Aressgodxx's post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74903-2012-11-12-Content-Update-(107697)&p=851240&viewfull=1#post851240), I really liked having plat and gold on Daily Blessing because these rewards were important enough to make me remember to come in and collect it. However, the gameplay intent for Daily Blessing was to incentivize folks to get in game and play with their friends, everyday. The old Daily Blessing system was ineffective to that end. I was not motivated to use my free 24 hour elixir, because I felt like I was missing out on collecting Gold and Plat for my other characters. I was disappointed with this aspect of the system. I understand the appeal of collection mechanics and enjoy them when done well. However, I play PL for entirely different reasons than a Ville-style collection game.

The elixirs are a more effective reward for our gameplay intent. I agree that they are less effective than free Plat for getting me in-game, but the Plat rewards are not effective for getting folks to play together online. C'est la vie! We will continue to iterate on this system. If you are interested in playing with your friends, leveling or grinding for loot, a free stacking 24-hour elixir will help you to that end, whether or not you have money to spare for Plat elixirs. :)

kcimythgim
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM

You could technically trade the equivilant of the platinum that you exploited. You could go to the lady in Balefort Castle that sells gold for platinum and buy some. You could then perform a dual log-in and trade the gold that you bought with platinum to your other toon. You couldn't actually trade the platinum, but you could use the platinum that you get to exploit the gold even more.

gibol1412
11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
An imposter??? I'm flattered!

On the topic of the gameplay implications of the Daily Blessing changes, per Aressgodxx's post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74903-2012-11-12-Content-Update-(107697)&p=851240&viewfull=1#post851240), I really liked having plat and gold on Daily Blessing because these rewards were important enough to make me remember to come in and collect it. However, the gameplay intent for Daily Blessing was to incentivize folks to get in game and play with their friends, everyday. The old Daily Blessing system was ineffective to that end. I was not motivated to use my free 24 hour elixir, because I felt like I was missing out on collecting Gold and Plat for my other characters. I was disappointed with this aspect of the system. I understand the appeal of collection mechanics and enjoy them when done well. However, I play PL for entirely different reasons than a Ville-style collection game.

The elixirs are a more effective reward for our gameplay intent. I agree that they are less effective than free Plat for getting me in-game, but the Plat rewards are not effective for getting folks to play together online. C'est la vie! We will continue to iterate on this system. If you are interested in playing with your friends, leveling or grinding for loot, a free stacking 24-hour elixir will help you to that end, whether or not you have money to spare for Plat elixirs. :)
Everything is cool, but...some people need to buy inventory slots, reset stats, auctions slots, vanitys from store (like my fiancee buys sometimes), dragons to sets (or maybe no, please tell if they change stats to rings, for me is out of reach now, but somebody will be happy) etc. etc.
Now everybody say: Your adult so buy platinum. I bought a small amount of those in past, but first important knowledge about my situation is: 1 USD = 3.5 zł +/-. So You spend 100 $, me like 350$. Second important knowledge is: I got many home budget spending so I can't afford for platinum. When was Tapjoy I earned like 500 platinum for this game to this time. W3i is dead...
Blessing was my only source of platinum and hope. I know important thing: this is only game, but I would be grateful and others if something will be done more ;-) So: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Sorry for my dull english ;-P

Rot
11-14-2012, 01:37 AM
What about those who bought the Red Antenna for 20 plat when it was on DotD? Refund?

Alalakcity
11-14-2012, 06:38 AM
hi dev can you delete an 'exploitable' elixir..? like 1.25 xp, 1.25 armor, 1.25 damage..it just thrash..!

and last my daily blessing reward i got soooooo much ton of plat... i got 1 PLAT.. c'mon someone want 1.25 gold ?? i give it free...just say 'exploitable' to me

and last one request can you make new promo code? 'exploitable' , and can you tell me how to give 1.25 gold?

:tranquillity:

modredd
11-14-2012, 09:33 AM
My opinion is that I think it's foolish to implement a blessing none of us asked for and then when a few people exploit something you take it away?
personally I have plenty of money if I want to buy platinum I'm not going to fool around with the daily blessings like a lottery hoping and praying!
I'm sure some kids really enjoyed getting that platinum and I can't believe you cant take the time to figure out a way to maybe give blessings to only 5 characters on an acct when some people have 12-20 toons or make the chances of winning Platinum less.
Just to take away platinum and or gold completely is not fair.and while I do not agree with exploitation some kids want to be cool so bad and want to level up so much cause in this game its all about status,how many kills,how you look. Etc..
The expectation on them or from orther players is to want to be the best and then to not expect them to do something like this when you offer a free bonus I think it was setup to fail.
Do it for 7 days or 10 but I am all for free platinum other then the free wall! And 30 platinum will not stop old timers like me from spending $90.00 and 30 plat only costs you $5.00.
We've given you a lot of money and I think it's only fair to give back I just don't agree with this and it really bothers me because I know there are kids that don't have credit cards that don't have the money nor even the access and I know it's just a game but it's really a good game an animazing game and it's better than doing drugs it's better than being a derelict and I think is just unfair.

Khahl
11-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I won't join the complaint department here, but I had thought over how the game mechanics may work for organizing the data. Since all character data is stored server-side, I'm certain that there is a way to quickly run a function that can determine which character is the highest level on the account (hint:it's already used to sort the list in the character-change menu). Just run a determination when submitting the 5th Day blessing and see if that character is the highest on the account, then only award plat if it is. This could be done similar to using luck for a re-roll calculation, but done on a explicit scale.

There is a loophole in that someone could easily have multiple chars close in level that they could switch and gain some XP to get above the last character to get the 5th Day and get it. I will note that this does achieve people playing, per Techno's consideration, but it's still a loophole and the solution is simply to create a close-off for 4:23:59 after the award is collected.

Free gold still an issue? Set a maximum to be gained per account per unit-time. Hell, set a maximum of 30 plat to be gained per 5 days per account.

If the purpose of these Daily Blessings is only to increase the regular playing of any given player then a simple suggestion is to give 3X elixirs far more often. This does mean less Thrashers will be purchased since they apparently don't really stack with a 3X, but you can resolve this issue by maybe giving another combo elixir with a 50% chance of class-specific loot and/or Shamus-style luck bonus on a similar rarity 3X elixirs are currently on.

purplesyrup
11-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Done! Wait...

J/k. ;)

Yay! Wait......jk

PLplayer
11-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Fact 1: STS allows users to create multiple toons.
Fact 2: STS allows each toon to receive a daily blessing.

And yet several of you have the nerve to accuse fellow PL community members of "abusing" the game?

Newsflash: DEVELOPERS CREATED THIS GAME AND ITS RULES.

If a player chooses to create new toons intent on increasing his chance of winning platinum, it's his prerogative--no rules have been violated or circumvented.

Exploitation? Pfffft. Please people...get a grip.

cookiez
11-15-2012, 11:39 PM
NO MORE PLAT? NOOOOOO. Well that just sucks *Gives up hope of Christmas or Thanksgiving items*