PDA

View Full Version : AL better than PL??

Ladycecia
11-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Many players of PL transferring to AL, are you one of them?my friends says that al is good and better than pl. comment on this pls. How is AL much better than PL? I can feel that Pl losing players, devs should do something to spice up things in PL. players are just being recycled. :( i like PL but haven't tried AL yet since its not available on appstore yet.

MightyMicah
11-13-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm waiting for the App Store as well. I don't see it causing me to quit PL, but I will definitely be playing it more than PL.

Peekkaboo
11-13-2012, 09:11 AM
AL is awesome :O !! I'm one of those who transferred ...

CrimsonTider
11-13-2012, 09:17 AM
One word: yes.

Roberto077
11-13-2012, 09:57 AM
It came out Yesterday.... What would you expect on the day of release?

Knockador
11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
NO. Nothing will ever surpass PL.

Lowlyspy
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Can't say one way or the other right now, too early to tell. I thought SL was all crazy awesome and blew PL away at first, it didn't hold my attention past the first numa.

Waug
11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
In one way nothing can't beat PL.

The world's largest mobile MMO

YYZ????
11-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Can't wait to get home so I can steal the wifes Kindle!!

Don't know if I'll leave PL. DL held my interest for a bit, but I think AL will be more to my liking.

AbsolutePally
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
AL is far better! I really like it.

Cobraguy
11-13-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't like AL, I actually played DL and SL 5 minutes longer than AL and just wasn't a fan of those two either. PL is home to me and its gonna take a really good game to get me to leave home. Can't beat a classic.

McBain
11-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Only been playing AL a bit since it just out for Android, but so far it's okay. Hasn't sucked me in like PL did, but it's fun. One thing I disliked right away was that was most the GUI is DL-style.

Energizeric
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
From reading all the press info and descriptions of AL it sounds like it has a similar theme to PL but is more battle intensive and less strategy intensive. So more of an action game, but less strategic. Would you say this is correct?

Lowlyspy
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
From reading all the press info and descriptions of AL it sounds like it has a similar theme to PL but is more battle intensive and less strategy intensive. So more of an action game, but less strategic. Would you say this is correct?
I find it more strategic than PL. Haven't run into any boss that you just stand still and smack him til he dies, other than Ghul, but he has his portal to make him temporarily near invincible, and his minions (bosses from earlier maps) make appearances making the fight more of a challenge if you take too long.

ninjaduck
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Al > pl.

Cobraguy
11-13-2012, 03:43 PM

That's a pretty good way to describe it I'd say. To me its a mix of PL and DL with DL being more of the dominant influence.

Cahaun
11-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Like Lowly said, it's very strategic so I would say you are incorrect.

frostine
11-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Hmmm...I just tried AL using Google Chrome. I gotta say the controls are terrible. You can't use the arrow keys but have to use the WASD keys to move. The camera is locked and character movement is unnatural. I feel as though I should just be able to point and click to make my character move since the tech is out there with other games. The game bugged out repeatedly in the tutorial, which was a separate issue that made it impossible to play anyway. I'll give it a try again when the mobile version comes out.

LwMark
11-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Like Lowly said, it's very strategic so I would say you are incorrect.
Yes alot more strategic then pl, pl is to easy

dudetus
11-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I like AL but I like being rich and famous in PL.

Arexos
11-13-2012, 05:55 PM
It seems pretty damn fun, I got the name 'Lethal' and I'm a Rogue :D.

Bless
11-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I would disagree, Id say PL requries more strategy - bosses like red dragon, vlod, gold fever, gurgox require a lot of strategy otherwise youre finished. However with AL, you can solo a boss if u know how to do it, lots of people get OHKO'd because they stand in the boss' attack zone (red light) but i soloed half the bosses by kiting/spamming pots, not really a group strategy. I do like AL, but im a PL homie say nada.

Energizeric
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
When I said less strategic, I was not referring to the battle part. In pocket legends there is large parts of the game that have little to do with battle. For example, I'm a merch. Pocket legends seems very oriented towards gear, fashion, stats, and economics. And in my opinion, the battle part itself is not very action oriented compared to many other games. The battle is somewhat simple, not like an action game but more like a traditional rpg.

From reading about arcane legends, it sounded like it was more like an action battle game, i.e. the fighting was more in depth with more detail, and perhaps that was a much bigger part of the game. I guess I was asking if that was true.

Snakespeare
11-13-2012, 06:40 PM
No. PL is better. AL can't touch it. But that's just one person's taste. (Note: at my age, change is harder to accept. I didn't like DL at first either. Now I love it. So consider the source.)

razerfingers
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
I honestly think they all have strengths and weaknesses like he only issue about AL is the camera rotation. Its so weird having no camera rotation but its nice that the chase camera isnt choppy and delayed a little like the option in all the other games.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

noperly22
11-13-2012, 06:52 PM
safe to say that pl is un touchable?

Energizeric
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
I just have so much time invested in PL already, that it would take a HUGE improvement to get me to play another game. I also still really enjoy PL, so I can't imagine leaving unless I started to get bored with it.

McBain
11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I just have so much time invested in PL already, that it would take a HUGE improvement to get me to play another game. I also still really enjoy PL, so I can't imagine leaving unless I started to get bored with it.

Yeah, that about sums it up for me. It might be a different story if I had been introduced to STS games through DL or SL first, but since I was playing PL long before the others even came out, it's kinda hard to get interested enough in another game to make it my "go to" over the one that started it all. Sure, PL may have its faults (every game does), but to me they haven't yet improved on the overall playing experience of PL with any of the other games so far. Plus, having been around much longer, PL has so much more content that I find it easier to get bored with the other games.

AbsolutePally
11-13-2012, 08:06 PM
What I like about AL is:

Gear: you can use different sets of gear at all levels, it's plentiful and actually useful. Different gear gives different stats per how you want to play. you can strengthen your character by going all str (warrior) have the damage, health and not worry about hit % being affected. The gear is class specific and to Pl people that seems restrictive but here it's not the case at all.
Skill tree: you can pick which ones to unlock when you receive points (leveling) unlike Pl where you have to be at a certain lvl to unlock skills and skill points only make them stronger damage or buff wise. This opens you up to having a specialized type of class and in combination with gear makes you more custom amd effective.
Pets: by far my favorite thing! They actually level and you can work to get them by doing quests or even looting them. There's some to be bought with gold others with special coins (daily/haunted) or the usual Pl way (plat) but you can't buy em all with plat so the wallet warriors can't necessarily just.buy em all with a simple click. They hatch and you raise them, from lvl 1 to max cap. They level up too, simply put. and also learned skills and become stronger.
Elite mode: a harder alternative to easy mode, you won't be soloing these bosses and the loot is superior.
Quests: lots of em!

Overall much better gameplay, thought, dynamics.

IMO Pl has become a noob proof game for kids. They have taken a money driven make everyone happy style game. If you cry enough about unfair they strip you of your hardwork so even the laziest noob that knows nothing and does nothing can be equal.

Kixxler
11-13-2012, 10:21 PM
SL and DL did not interest me at all, but AL isn't bad, to be honest.

Garzoth
11-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I lost interest in PL a few months ago..... So I dunno if I really count (I've been with STS since pl launch though) and I love AL more than PL ATM.

Nick41324
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
They both have their ups and downs...

Multibird
11-13-2012, 11:53 PM
PL is my home, pull me out if possible!

noperly22
11-14-2012, 12:35 AM
prob not possible mulit :D nor i :D you know this

Cobraguy
11-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Yeah, that about sums it up for me. It might be a different story if I had been introduced to STS games through DL or SL first, but since I was playing PL long before the others even came out, it's kinda hard to get interested enough in another game to make it my "go to" over the one that started it all. Sure, PL may have its faults (every game does), but to me they haven't yet improved on the overall playing experience of PL with any of the other games so far. Plus, having been around much longer, PL has so much more content that I find it easier to get bored with the other games.

My thoughts exactly.

BodMaster
11-14-2012, 04:53 AM
One word: yes.

^^ This

Delirium
11-14-2012, 06:18 AM
I would switch to AL permanently if the camera angle wasn't locked.. it completely ruins the immersion factor for me.

XghostzX
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I would switch to AL permanently if the camera angle wasn't locked.. it completely ruins the immersion factor for me.

This will most likely be changed.

Anyways, AL's going to be the game for me.

CrimsonTider
11-14-2012, 09:22 AM
As a 2 year, hardcore player of PL, I am more than capable of saying this....

I find it funny how people continue to say PL has more content than AL. One hour of AL play should show anyone who plays with an open mind just how much PL is lacking in both content and creativity. PL cannot hold my interest anymore. With AL, the daily quests alone can take a couple of hours of my time and I don't even realize it. I feel as if I have ran a marathon after 2 hours of playing PL.

Not to mention the randomness of drops and chests from literally anywhere. Look for my in depth analysis later tonight... if I can pull myself away. ;)

nmyxspaceship
11-14-2012, 11:24 AM
As a 2 year, hardcore player of PL, I am more than capable of saying this....

I find it funny how people continue to say PL has more content than AL. One hour of AL play should show anyone who plays with an open mind just how much PL is lacking in both content and creativity. PL cannot hold my interest anymore. With AL, the daily quests alone can take a couple of hours of my time and I don't even realize it. I feel as if I have ran a marathon after 2 hours of playing PL.

Not to mention the randomness of drops and chests from literally anywhere. Look for my in depth analysis later tonight... if I can pull myself away. ;)

I have to agree with this. You can tell that when they put it on the drawing board that it would be the most creative and dynamic game that they made.

They listened to us. Look what they did with pets! What they have done with quests, items, and boss strategies.

I think this is sts big game. I'm saving up to retire with a blue dragon and swift
set and heading over to AL. Who knows if sts will keep us happy. I think sts is definitely listening now and all I have to say is good job.

Rawrimafish
11-14-2012, 11:26 AM
No, PL is the original, AL is just a mix between PL and DL (maybe SL)

Back
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
My mage "Wall" and Rogue "Plastic" are 16 already and warrior "Back" is 15.

So far, the game is much much addicting than PL with better play styles and atleast I can see variation in PvP builds unlike PL.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

PvP
11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I played AL for the first 6 months of its release, one of the starter archers when it released. AL sparked the interest I had for that game again, and it seems much more refined. One of the biggest problems we had was repetition and boredom at cap... That won't be happening here so much.