PDA

View Full Version : Why should you choose [ROUGE]?

Knockador
11-13-2012, 11:20 AM
You shouldn't...
http://images.neopets.com/template_images/slorg_tyrannian_chewing.gif+

Reason: If you're looking for a class that loves to eat dirt, this would be the right one for you. Rouges have no protection what so ever and constantly have to run away from mobs to prevent death. Yes this is just the beginning of the cap and they may get better along the way, but for now they are a pointless class that seems to love hugging the dirt.

LOL THIS THREAD IS OLD! THEY FIXED DEX! SHEESH CALM DOWN!! XD

enix21
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
thats why you team up :D

Lowlyspy
11-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Actually i quite enjoy my rogue. I don't find it too hard to survive since i have my health pack skill. Ah well, to each his/her own.

bronislav84
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
This thread is insulting to Rouges....

Rare
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah lets all play warrior so it can take us 45 minutes beat a boss!!! But hey... as long we don't die and our K/D ratio looks good, we're cool!

Bio: If you're looking for a pure beast, then this guy would be the right choice. He offers a great shield of protectiveness and strength and a burst of power.. Thou he does attack slowly he can take alot of damage when it comes to taking the heat from bosses.

By this rational... who would you be taking heat off of?

Mrsberry
11-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I also love my rouge I added some str to mine for extra health. My lvl 16 rouge has over 1k health and 71+ dmg. I can solo most elite maps and some elite bosses. Rouges arent ment to be in the front when your in a group if your with a team try and stay in the back. If u dont have str in your stats add some, use your healing skill and get better gear. Its a little too early too judge assuming u just started yesterday with android releas.

Vystirch
11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I also love my rouge and can solo most any map I want to with my rouge.

-Vys

Kuero
11-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Why should I listen to this thread? I prefer rogues and love "eating dirt".
Actually it are the rogues whose are kicking the dirt up into your mage's face and then ambush you with some cruel dagger stabs

Kuero
11-13-2012, 04:24 PM
In most games and when I have a look on the screenshots with Al's armor sets then it are the mages who are even weaker than rogues. Rogues have more armor.
A rogue is good for both range and close combat. When the target comes to close it won't last long, a Mage though has to keep the enemy away since it's cloth armor is that weak that a wind gust could get you in troubles already

Cavoc
11-14-2012, 02:13 AM
I love my rogue as well. All I do is charge up the smoke bomb skill, run into a mob, release and then I use the spinning blade skill. From there I deploy my health kits. It's rare to see me running away from that massacre:)

(I don't know the skills specific names... I am on my iPhone and cannot sign on for a reference -__- )

Peekkaboo
11-14-2012, 02:49 AM
<3 Rogue !!

ninjaduck
11-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Lol. Rogue is hard because it takes skill. It may be underpowered in PvE compared to other classes, but hey, Warrior might be underpowered in PvP? Every class has its strengths and weaknesses. Choose Rogue, dont be the same as everyone else.

Lightningspeed
11-14-2012, 05:02 AM
I've not played other classes yet, but from my limited experience, rogues pale in PvE compared to the other two due to the lack of powerful AoE skills. However, rogues are capable of soloing maps (bosses and non-bosses alike) with few or no potions. It does need skill, planning and most importantly patience though.

McBain
11-14-2012, 06:02 AM
It's obviously similar to archers in PL. Takes a little more skill and strategery to play, but they kick butt if you do it right. I'm guessing anyway....

NiN
11-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Edit the thread title.
Learn how to spell (((rogue)))

Knockador
11-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Edit the thread title.
Learn how to spell (((rogue)))

Mage till the end
11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm guessing you got the app on Monday so it's to soon to call it. From what I have heard though rouges are a damage class which means they are not supposed to tank.

MightyMicah
11-14-2012, 09:25 AM
In answer to the op,

You should choose rogue because no one else has the guts to do it! You should choose rogue because you enjoy the thought of a challenge and a fun character to play. You should choose rogue because you like playing the underdog. You should choose rogue because you like the idea of a quick, small, sneaky class that runs up and knifes someone in the back. You should choose rogue because rogue is simply awesome.

That is why you should choose rogue. ;)

Rare
11-14-2012, 09:41 AM
My first toon was a rouge. And so far it is, for me, the best class to play. Maybe Sorcerer. But I find Warrior extremely boring at this point.

Would be cool if the Entangling Trap was on Warriors instead of Rogues.

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Yep, when considering my rogue can solo Ghul at level 10, i like it.

mike1298
11-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Wow the single damage with rogue is amazing. Just got myself a level 10 founders rogue set too. The weapons can proc a fire debuff as well. Loving rogue so far.

Smurfo
11-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Hmm, yes, the rogue misses some nice AoE skills, but I dont think it is a rouges role. He (yes, I hate the gender lock too) should be sneaky :) and yes, I was also "eating dirt" a lot in the begining, but rarely now. In fact, with charged HP skill I get 3 hp packs and quite the opposite - I keep the party alive. So all you rogue haters, I really think you should just practice. :)

ShadowGunX
11-15-2012, 02:08 AM
rogue is better in boss fight with a warrior. rogue spam health pck nd warrior keeping aggro nd taking dose pcks. with dese boss an b killed quickly.

mike1298
11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
rogue is better in boss fight with a warrior. rogue spam health pck nd warrior keeping aggro nd taking dose pcks. with dese boss an b killed quickly.

Stacking crit bonus with the arrow skill while having an enemy in a smoke cloud is great damage.

llovro
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I also love my rouge I added some str to mine for extra health. My lvl 16 rouge has over 1k health and 71+ dmg. I can solo most elite maps and some elite bosses. Rouges arent ment to be in the front when your in a group if your with a team try and stay in the back. If u dont have str in your stats add some, use your healing skill and get better gear. Its a little too early too judge assuming u just started yesterday with android releas.
How the hell can you solo elite maps and bosses with rogue? I build mine rogue dex/str and I die instantly in elite maps

iAmPain
11-16-2012, 09:14 PM
How the hell can you solo elite maps and bosses with rogue? I build mine rogue dex/str and I die instantly in elite maps

She goes Beast Mode.

Only the elites of all elites can do it ;)

Vystirch
11-17-2012, 01:34 AM
She goes Beast Mode.

Yes all rouges have this mode. It is not know by warriors because they don't have any int.

-Vys

Liathea
11-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Charge up Razor Shield and throw down a Shadow Veil with the Combusting Decay in a mob and you should be OK.

Use Combat Medic a couple of times before a boss to have health packs laying around, then use Entangling Trap with the Razor Wire and Combustion Tank upgrades. Boom, bleed damage and explosions, in addition to any Shadow Veil explosion damage/debuffs you have going for you. Wheee!

It's the squishy class, sure, but it is fun to play. Just buff up STR more than you would normally do so for a DEX class.

frostine
11-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Iv'e tried all three classes and my heart is settled on the rogue. I usually go for mages but I like to play rogues in other MMOs as well. The multiple target dagger skill coupled with smoke bomb is money in PvE. I like that this class doesn't follow the typical ranger path.

Dirty
11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
If only they can go invisible like other mmo's rogues

Yuni99
11-19-2012, 08:31 AM
You shouldn't...
http://images.neopets.com/template_images/slorg_tyrannian_chewing.gif+

Reason: If you're looking for a class that loves to eat dirt, this would be the right one for you. Rouges have no protection what so ever and constantly have to run away from mobs to prevent death. Yes this is just the beginning of the cap and they may get better along the way, but for now they are a pointless class that seems to love hugging the dirt.

http://wtfcontent.com/sticks/GTFO.png

Vystirch
11-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Hy should you choose rouges...... Because they da BOMB!

-Vys

dmspker
11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Why i choose it? Simple , one opening for warrior and it dead , but as rogue you can throw something at your enemy , if missed once there's another (knife) in other hand

Yuni99
11-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Rogues are actually perfect... They can tank and AOE many mobs... I tanked Bael and Mother alone... All bosses actually...

SNIPERGIRL
11-21-2012, 06:39 AM
I. Think the rogue is good because i reached lvl9 in. One day the exp is hard t
o earn

Knockador
11-21-2012, 10:11 AM
http://wtfcontent.com/sticks/GTFO.png

Welcome to the forums, please continue posting things like these so you may be removed ^_^

Luvblade
11-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Rouge have cute outfit then the rest :encouragement: cheers mate =)

Koedt
11-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Be a rogue to be somewhat unique, in stead of being one of the millions of warriors and mages.
They need some tweaking and balancing, but I'm pretty sure that will be worked out eventually.

spypeter1
12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
She goes Beast Mode.

Yes all rouges have this mode. It is not know by warriors because they don't have any int.

-Vys

Wow, u make me LOLLED out, dont have any int? lol

spypeter1
12-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Why i choose a rogue? Easy

(just literally)

Warrior: Throwing heavy axes to the bird, but when it miss,the bird has a chance to fly away coz axes is heavy:(

Mages: U shoot fire, ice, lightning, etc, u miss, need some break dude:p

Rogues: U throw knives, it miss and then another knives, miss again, still got a bow, use it, hit the bird (with poison for extra damage);)

OverkillED
12-07-2012, 06:15 AM
OH GAWD WHY?!

It's going to become the WoW forums, where everyone spells "rogue" as "rouge." Rouge is not the same as rogue, everyone! Sorry for being a "grammar nazi," but that's a spelling mistake :p and it irks me so much.

Lovee
12-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Why choose Rogue

- Insane damage ( Especially criticals )
- High dodge ad critical rate ( Easily over 30% for both )
- Fun to play as opposed to standing ground and take damage ( Warriors )
- Most probably going to have the upper hand in PvP ( My guess )
- It's one of the better looking characters!

wowdah
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Rogues are especially the best for time attacks lol

Zuzeq
01-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Rogues are especially the best for time attacks lol

there simply isn't any other class.