PDA

View Full Version : The Almost United States of America

Cahaun
11-13-2012, 04:18 PM
http://rt.com/usa/news/us-secede-petition-government-540/

Anyone else starting to hear about this? What do you think about it?

Cahaun
11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't think I did that link right so you all know how to do the copy/paste method right?
For all those who want to know immediately: Almost half of the US states are threatening to secede.

Noodleleg
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Naw, don't worry haha! Just a few crazy "cult-like" peeps rioting.

StompArtist
11-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Recurring theme when election results are this close.

razerfingers
11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Speaking of the USA heard about puerto rico becoming the 51st state? Kinda cool lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Cahaun
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Speaking of the USA heard about puerto rico becoming the 51st state? Kinda cool lol

I heard about that too. Seems a bit odd... (Small joke if you get it)

This thing about states seceding is still something I'm really curious on how it'll all turn out.

Suentous PO
11-13-2012, 04:35 PM
lol, the south wants to split?!
ima go read a history book.

dudetus
11-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Rednecks...

Growwle
11-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Contrary to popular belief, the American civil war was about states rights, the freeing of the slaves was a positive side effect. Apparently, some people in the south feel that their state's rights are being taken away.

WarTornBird
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Rednecks...

Yea, no try again. Don't be so disrespectful about people that your not even sure are causing the problem.

Mothwing
11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Cool, I'm all for it.

I believe Texas has 75k signatures btw.

Suentous PO
11-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I grew up thinking redneck was a bad thin too, I found out where it came from tho. When unions sprang up to protect workers rights, rich folk paid for "goons" to beat up protesting workers. The workers had to defend themselves phisically, so they organized militantly. To show which side they were on they wore red hankerchifs around there necks to show they would fight if provoked.

Plaguemaw
11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Rednecks...

Come on out of the city, open your mind a lil bit.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonTider
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
As someone who has been raised in the south and continues to live within my southern roots with great pride, this "petition" greatly saddens me. It shows just how ignorant our country is becoming and if people do not begin to wake the F up, it will only bring about more ignorance and stupidity. I did not spend 4 years of my life protecting and serving this country to watch it spiral into this abyss of ignorance.

And for those who want to categorize southerner's as "rednecks" or "hillbilly's," let's also realize how times have changed and there is a vast difference in diversity in the south now as compared to 50 years ago. Many people from all over the world live in the southern U.S. and the ignorance tags placed upon this region hardly apply as they use to.

/endrantagainstignorance

Zaonabiuibil
11-14-2012, 06:40 AM

I heard about that too. Seems a bit odd... (Small joke if you get it)

This thing about states seceding is still something I'm really curious on how it'll all turn out.

Oh I get it! 51 is an odd number!

/endexplainingthejokewhichmakesitnotfunnyanymore

dudetus
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
My intention wasn't to insult anyone with the term "redneck". It just suit the situation as it is stereotypically used as a definition for the simple southern men of USA as this situation is IMO ridiculous. Obama has done great work trying to steer USA away from a shipwreck and if I was an US citizen, I would've voted for Obama. Republicans are too much in lobbers' hands nowadays (as Bush's elections revealed) and they aren't doing these things for the sake of common men. Even though I support Republic-like party in here, Finland, the affect of pure capitalism is to be seen in USA. Money brings too much power.

We are having our own troubles in Europe. UN countries have supported Greece for hundreds of billions of dollars and they still need more to endure and the more "well being" countries, such as mine, suffer for Greece-like countries. Spain has it's own huge monetary problems as well and Catalonia, a part of Spain, wants independence because it's the "rich" part of Spain and it doesn't want to fall into monetary abyss. That's a valid reason for seceding.

I am personally annoyed that US citizens sign this petition because Obama is trying to make US a strong country once again. Almost as ridiculous as raging over free healthcare..

Suentous PO
11-15-2012, 09:28 PM
My intention wasn't to insult anyone with the term "redneck". It just suit the situation as it is stereotypically used as a definition for the simple southern men of USA as this situation is IMO ridiculous. Obama has done great work trying to steer USA away from a shipwreck and if I was an US citizen, I would've voted for Obama. Republicans are too much in lobbers' hands nowadays (as Bush's elections revealed) and they aren't doing these things for the sake of common men. Even though I support Republic-like party in here, Finland, the affect of pure capitalism is to be seen in USA. Money brings too much power.

We are having our own troubles in Europe. UN countries have supported Greece for hundreds of billions of dollars and they still need more to endure and the more "well being" countries, such as mine, suffer for Greece-like countries. Spain has it's own huge monetary problems as well and Catalonia, a part of Spain, wants independence because it's the "rich" part of Spain and it doesn't want to fall into monetary abyss. That's a valid reason for seceding.

I am personally annoyed that US citizens sign this petition because Obama is trying to make US a strong country once again. Almost as ridiculous as raging over free healthcare..

Reported for politics .
-post patrol

StompArtist
11-15-2012, 11:59 PM

Obama may be trying but he sure ain't succeeding, country has never been so deep into debt! I for one understand why people in Texas would sign something like that. We have no State income tax yet have to hand out 33-% of our salary to the Federal gov. to support a Union that doesn't ever give anything back. The system is broken-down and needs more than social reform, it needs a complete shake down and budgetary overhaul. I would be very sad at any kind of secession but the treath of it may just get people nervous enough to start fixing things. No one in their right mind would be happy in a one way relationship so why accept it at the State levels?

For crying out loud my 9 years old understands the the black numbers have to be bigger than the red numbers in a budget before you can spend yet our rightfully elected bozos don't even get that simple accounting 101 notion, it is shameful.

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 11:20 AM
If Texas secedes, I move to Texas.

I doubt any seceding will be done. As stomp pointed out, stuff like this is common. I have heard, however, that with the recent election, the United States is more split than it has ever been in history. It's like Crimson just said, we need to wake up.

Problem is, we don't have any kind of political crisis. We have a worldview crisis. We don't have an Obama crisis. We have a God crisis.

Noodleleg
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM
If Texas secedes, I move to Texas.

I doubt any seceding will be done. As stomp pointed out, stuff like this is common. I have heard, however, that with the recent election, the United States is more split than it has ever been in history. It's like Crimson just said, we need to wake up.

Problem is, we don't have any kind of political crisis. We have a worldview crisis. We don't have an Obama crisis. We have a God crisis.

Only you would say God crisis... -_-

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Only you would say God crisis... -_-

It's true ;)

An ATHIEST even understood this concept. H.G. Wells said, "If God doesn't exist, nothing matters. If God does exist, nothing else matters."

We live in a culture that seems to believe that if we can all just come together and work it out, we can achieve great things. Look at Obama's whole "spread the wealth" idea. The problem with these ideas is that man's nature is not good. We are sinful by nature. Many will disagree. Many don't believe in God.

Whether you do or not, it effects how you think. America better get how they think straight.

Like I said. This is not a political issue. It's a worldview issue.

Noodleleg
11-16-2012, 03:52 PM
It's true ;)

An ATHIEST even understood this concept. H.G. Wells said, "If God doesn't exist, nothing matters. If God does exist, nothing else matters."

We live in a culture that seems to believe that if we can all just come together and work it out, we can achieve great things. Look at Obama's whole "spread the wealth" idea. The problem with these ideas is that man's nature is not good. We are sinful by nature. Many will disagree. Many don't believe in God.

Whether you do or not, it effects how you think. America better get how they think straight.

Like I said. This is not a political issue. It's a worldview issue.

Uhm... God is good and I know whatever happens soon will be for a great reason... So, I don't care lmao! Unless... He takes away someone I love... Maybe then, God might need bodyguards.

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Uhm... God is good and I know whatever happens soon will be for a great reason... So, I don't care lmao! Unless... He takes away someone I love... Maybe then, God might need bodyguards.

>.<

Suentous PO
11-16-2012, 08:09 PM
The problem with these ideas is that man's nature is not good. We are sinful by nature.

That is your religious belief, personally I do not believe in origional sin. "Mans nature " is too abstract a concept to have a convienient adjective. We can't even define consciousness at the moment.

Zaonabiuibil
11-17-2012, 08:44 AM
That is your religious belief, personally I do not believe in origional sin. "Mans nature " is too abstract a concept to have a convienient adjective. We can't even define consciousness at the moment.

"[T]he quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself[.]"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consciousness

Fao
11-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I live in Alabama, there are tons of rednecks. And it's pretty awesome! We don't like Alabama because he does things we don't like. Especially like taking from the people who work hard for their money, and lots of it goes straight to the people who are too lazy to do work. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that that is completely wrong.

MightyMicah
11-17-2012, 10:43 AM

Regardless of who is correct, you should be able to identify that there is a problem with America's worldview. As Darwinism becomes more popular people begin to think they are nothing more than animals. That may be true, but where does that take us? It takes us to a place where we as humans contain no value. And we wonder why suecide and crime rates are sky rocketing.

People believe like you said, that we can't even define consciousness. That may be true, but where does that takes us? When we don't even know what reality is, it's hard to take anything seriously. Why not go shoot people then commit suecide? It's all an illusion anyways, right?

When people believe that they are basically good, why shouldn't we be able to come together and achieve greatness? Why not spread the wealth to everyone? After all, if we can just be good and be "true to our nature" nothing will go wrong...right? That's what Hitler thought as well. Is that mindset right? Maybe. But where does it take us?

If we believe that Christ died on the cross for the entire world and that we are all unique and specially created by him and that we cannot achieve any kind of greatness without him, where does that lead us?

Ideas have consequences. Good ideas have good consequences. Bad ideas have bad consequences. We are seeing this in America. Lets hope that we can get the right ideas.

Suentous PO
11-17-2012, 10:48 AM
"[T]he quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself[.]"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consciousness
Scientifically we still have not. This websters definition is an abstraction.

MightyMicah
11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Scientifically we still have not. This websters definition is an abstraction.

Did you know it's impossible to prove anything?

Suentous PO
11-17-2012, 11:09 AM
To even say there is one American world view is an abstraction.
Darwinism hasn't eliminated morality, he's no boogie man. Can't blame him for crime or suicide those existed long before him.
Don't bring hitler into this, he was an insane drug addict.
Your messiah wasn't named jesus, that word is a mistranslation by the Greeks and I don't believe yesua died for the world.
I'm more comfortable with truth even when it means we have to admit what we don't know, at least that shows humility.
Religion isn't necessary for us to act correctly, it does help sometimes, as it hinders us sometimes.

Zaonabiuibil
11-17-2012, 11:19 AM
To even say there is one American world view is an abstraction.
Darwinism hasn't eliminated morality, he's no boogie man. Can't blame him for crime or suicide those existed long before him.
Don't bring hitler into this, he was an insane drug addict.
Your messiah wasn't named jesus, that word is a mistranslation by the Greeks and I don't believe yesua died for the world.
I'm more comfortable with truth even when it means we have to admit what we don't know, at least that shows humility.
Religion isn't necessary for us to act correctly, it does help sometimes, as it hinders us sometimes.

It was also not needed to insult someone's religion based on a disagreement.

StompArtist
11-17-2012, 11:53 AM
How did this turn into a religious topic? Oh yeah, Micah posted :P

CrimsonTider
11-17-2012, 12:02 PM
How did this turn into a religious topic? Oh yeah, Micah posted :P

Considering this nation was founded on religion, it has ways been THE topic. Anyone who needs a reminder can take a look at any piece of our currency.

Suentous PO
11-17-2012, 12:36 PM
It was also not needed to insult someone's religion based on a disagreement.
My apologies. There was no intended insult. I just wanted to point out the word jesus wasn't his name. Idk what else may have offended.

Samhayne
11-17-2012, 01:32 PM
We've gone a bit far afield with this one. Closing it down.