PDA

View Full Version : Natural Red Diamonds Drop Rate

Energizeric
11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I just wanted to make a thread to discuss these... Everyone was complaining the first day about how there should be a quest to get these. Well, all I can say is these fall much more often than did the Ocean Blue Diamonds in Humania. I been seeing more diamonds drop than actual regular pinks.

For myself, I been playing the Underworld Eruption dungeon since the crafting update was released. I have been running with only a 7-plat 2x combo elixir which gives 30% luck. This is no better than the daily blessing 24-hour combo elixir that everyone has a chance to get once every few days. I have not been running with shamus elixir. I have probably run the dungeon 30-40 times now, so figure about 150-200 boss drops. And my experience is that I have gotten 7 Natural Red Diamonds, 4 recipes, and no regular pinks. And it's not just my luck, the other players I have run with seem to be getting diamonds more often than regular pinks as well.

So I propose that there is absolutely no reason to have a quest for these. The price in CS has already dropped to below 800k, and will continue to drop. In the early days after the Humania release, Ocean Blue Diamonds stayed at over 1m each until the quest was added, and prior to the quest being added they were very scarce, with the CS usually only having a couple listed at any one time. But now we are seeing tons of diamonds in the CS, which means people who farm have finished their own sets and now are selling off extras. For me, I have finished my STR set and am already working on crafting a dex set.

If they do add a quest, you can expect these crafted sets to be worth only a very tiny premium over the non-crafted. The diamonds seem very common, and I would guess they will keep dropping in value down to less than 500k, even without a quest.

Multibird
11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
do remember Underworld is a paid dungeon. Most people that will farm there sets will leave that place. There aren't many people that farm there; the ones that do farm will eventually drop out of it. People with no plat won't go there and if they do, they won't have enough ppl to defeat bosses. I can already foresee Underworld not being touched regularly like now a days.

Diamonds are very rare to drop in a regular map which would be life threatening for some people. Since no diamonds would be coming from underworld, how will new people that make 76 or 75 will complete there set.

So I do want the dev to make a quest similar to the humanias quest.

These are my opinions, please feel free to comment about it!

Chioricon
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
do remember Underworld is a paid dungeon. Most people that will farm there sets will leave that place. There aren't many people that farm there; the ones that do farm will eventually drop out of it. People with no plat won't go there and if they do, they won't have enough ppl to defeat bosses. I can already foresee Underworld not being touched regularly like now a days.

Diamonds are very rare to drop in a regular map which would be life threatening for some people. Since no diamonds would be coming from underworld, how will new people that make 76 or 75 will complete there set.

*cough* *cough*

People like us that went to eruptions are perfectly fine.

People that has no platinum sure do like to spread rumors LOL!!

Multibird
11-14-2012, 12:19 AM
*cough* *cough*

People like us that went to eruptions are perfectly fine.

People that has no platinum sure do like to spread rumors LOL!!

First of all if this post is to intimidate me, then no. I'm a regular plat buyer and I'm okay if they don't add the quest. I'm talking behalf of everyone and giving advise.

Your screws are not tight buddy!

Chioricon
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
First of all if this post is to intimidate me, then no. I'm a regular plat buyer and I'm okay if they don't add the quest. I'm talking behalf of everyone and giving advise.

Your screws are not tight buddy!

Look before you leap bro. I ain't even intimidating you. You went all defensive on your own.

Anyways, in my opinion, The NRD jewel is gonna drop further, quest or no quest, and farmers like me will still be in Eruptions for the Grind.

Energizeric
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM

A couple of my thoughts about your post:

1) I'm pretty sure drop rates from bosses are the same in Underworld Eruption as they are in the regular free maps. The advantage of Underworld Eruption is that you get to fight 5 main bosses and 2 mini-bosses in about 8 minutes, where as in the regular maps you get 1 boss in about 10-12 minutes. So yes, diamonds should still drop on the regular maps.

2) People will continue to farm Underworld Eruption as long as the drops retain decent value or until they release an even better dungeon. People kept farming Monster Bash in Humania until Mystery Mash was released.

wvhills
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
A couple of my thoughts about your post:

1) I'm pretty sure drop rates from bosses are the same in Underworld Eruption as they are in the regular free maps. The advantage of Underworld Eruption is that you get to fight 5 main bosses and 2 mini-bosses in about 8 minutes, where as in the regular maps you get 1 boss in about 10-12 minutes. So yes, diamonds should still drop on the regular maps.

2) People will continue to farm Underworld Eruption as long as the drops retain decent value or until they release an even better dungeon. People kept farming Monster Bash in Humania until Mystery Mash was released.

i agree, that drop rates SHOULD be the same in the free dungeon as in the paid dungeon but they aren't. I've farmed for 6 hours on 3x combo blessing and big luck and haven't seen a single red diamond drop. Try farming in dragon nest then see if you still think we don't need a quest or higher drop rates for these. :(

Suentous PO
11-14-2012, 04:16 PM
^^^my experience is similar^^^
i havent farmed the new turnstile but been running on blessings in nest a lot. havent seen one drop.

Energizeric
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
i agree, that drop rates SHOULD be the same in the free dungeon as in the paid dungeon but they aren't. I've farmed for 6 hours on 3x combo blessing and big luck and haven't seen a single red diamond drop. Try farming in dragon nest then see if you still think we don't need a quest or higher drop rates for these. :(

You have to realize that farming for 90 minutes in dragons nest is about the same as farming for 5 minutes in the paid dungeon. I've done the dragons nest numerous times, and it takes 10 minutes minimum if you got a group full of thrashers, and 15 minutes if it's just a regular group. That's because you got 100 mobs to clear before the boss. The paid dungeon has half the mobs, and 7 bosses.

So if you spent 6 hours farming there, that's about the same as 20 minutes in the paid dungeon. To get 7 diamond drops I spent maybe 3-4 hours in the paid dungeon, which is like 150-200 drops. But they are all not spread out. One time I got diamonds on consecutive runs, and then last night I ran the dungeon 8 times in a row with no pink drops (that's 56 boss drops in a row with no pinks).

To get 56 drops in dragons nest, you would have to spend about 11 hours there. Imagine 11 hours spent farming there with no pinks? Yes, it can happen.

I don't think the drop rate is any different, I just think it happens much faster in the paid dungeon so it appears that it is a higher drop rate.

Chopper
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
^^^my experience is similar^^^
i havent farmed the new turnstile but been running on blessings in nest a lot. havent seen one drop.

same here. I've never seen one drop in regular maps, but have seen like 5 drop in the paid dungeon. Me thinks it may be similar to the paid dungeon in Humania before they nerfed it after it dropped too many pinks.

Energizeric
11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
same here. I've never seen one drop in regular maps, but have seen like 5 drop in the paid dungeon. Me thinks it may be similar to the paid dungeon in Humania before they nerfed it after it dropped too many pinks.

It's not dropping that many pinks. I ran Monster Bash in Humania back when they had the high drop rate, and this is nothing like that. With a full party and 7 bosses, most runs result in no pinks for anyone. I'd say there is a pink drop for one player once every 2 runs with a full party. That means 1 out of about 70 drops. And most players in the paid dungeon are running with either a combo or paid elixir, so most of the pinks are rerolls. If you got no added luck elixir, then I'd say that 1 in 70 figure would be significantly lower. The 7 diamonds I farmed were all rerolls.

wvhills
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
You have to realize that farming for 90 minutes in dragons nest is about the same as farming for 5 minutes in the paid dungeon. I've done the dragons nest numerous times, and it takes 10 minutes minimum if you got a group full of thrashers, and 15 minutes if it's just a regular group. That's because you got 100 mobs to clear before the boss. The paid dungeon has half the mobs, and 7 bosses.

So if you spent 6 hours farming there, that's about the same as 20 minutes in the paid dungeon. To get 7 diamond drops I spent maybe 3-4 hours in the paid dungeon, which is like 150-200 drops. But they are all not spread out. One time I got diamonds on consecutive runs, and then last night I ran the dungeon 8 times in a row with no pink drops (that's 56 boss drops in a row with no pinks).

To get 56 drops in dragons nest, you would have to spend about 11 hours there. Imagine 11 hours spent farming there with no pinks? Yes, it can happen.

I don't think the drop rate is any different, I just think it happens much faster in the paid dungeon so it appears that it is a higher drop rate.

you have some pretty crappy thrasher groups if it takes 10 min to get to boss in dragon nest. Lol. I can get free 5 min elixir and have boss dead before it runs out in a group with blessings. There's 76 mobs but they go fast if you have a good bear who can group. I have a friends list of good bears. :)

P.S. boot the scatterbears, it will take 10 min if you have one of those. hehe.

McBain
11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah, 10 min is a long time for Dragon's Nest. I haven't actually timed the runs, but around 4-6 minute range sounds right depending on the group. Magma Fields is quicker, and the boss takes much less time. I wish more people farmed there, but everybody runs Dragon's Nest.

Suentous PO
11-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Imagine 11 hours spent farming there with no pinks? Yes, it can happen.

Imagine? I can remember it. :)

Rare
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Nvm

Ohh
12-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Lol thats ridiculous...i did 42 runs till now (counted them) with 4x combo elixir and big luck vanity...ALL i dropped were 2 red diamonds and 1 dex helm recipe. Thats it. Btw did my runs in the boss plat world

Chopper
12-06-2012, 10:39 AM
This needs a quest.

Other maps have had quests for crafting components. Why should this be different? It gets people playing the normal maps again on a regular basis. Isn't that something STS wants? Otherwise, you have a small group farming andothers just stopping out of frustration over an item that does nothing on its own but form a crafting component, and you needs like 7 of them.

Ortalan
12-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Look before you leap bro. I ain't even intimidating you. You went all defensive on your own.

Reread your reply, Chio - you will find that it was composed with a derisive and accusatory tone, when neither of those qualities was appropriate or necessary. Designed to provoke an angry response from the original poster, your reply would appear to fit the definition of "trolling" that STS has been kind enough to provide us with. No one's going defensive on their own. You attacked needlessly, and made accusations of rumor-mongering. Don't be coy.

modredd
12-06-2012, 05:02 PM
I wish you people could have a dialog without taking a personal offense if somebody disagrees with you, this is more of an argumentative blog then a forum.
Everybody always wants to disagree or be correct and not listen, The drop rate on anything from level 50 up has always been pretty sparse and now with re roll elixirs 100 percent you can make a lot of money I made 18,000,000 gold last week I'm not saying it's right but it kind of the direction the game has been taking for the last year so it is what it is.
You have the choice to play or not, you have the choice to buy platinum or not but I think coming on here and arguing with strangers is foolish and it accomplishes nothing.
It doesn't prove your point it just makes people go to the next topic!

Register
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I typed something pretty long up, and accidentally deleted it, so heres a shorter version ):

Gold isn't very easily made by people who don't buy plat regularly. They don't have the option to farm Underworld over and over again. I feel a long quest for the diamond should be implemented. People who don't spend buckets of money on the game would still have a chance to earn crafted gear. To those of you who think the quest shouldn't be added, I want to know why.

Ogbuehi
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't think there's a need for a quest simply because there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people with full crafted sets. I've seen the diamonds go from 800k down to 400k. I've got a bear and Mage both with full crafted savage and fiery sets with extra diamonds I don't really need. I definitely don't really care to do a mindless quest to get a single diamond just so I can complete my quest count because that would be the only reason to do it.

Eearay
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I only have enough plat to buy elixers for lvl cap

McBain
12-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Red diamonds appear to drop with more frequency than the OBDs did. I wouldn't be against it if a quest was added, but I see a lot of people in-game with crafted sets and the diamonds are often in the 200-250k range in the CS, so I don't think it's really needed. They drop a lot in the elite dragon map. In fact, I'm not sure if any gear even drops there, but I've seen diamonds drop a bunch.