PDA

View Full Version : Mage Time Shift

crestmage
11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey guys. I need some help regarding the mage's (little blue thingy...lol) Time Shift skill. In the description it says

"Damages and snares your enemies"
And i was kinda wondering what the "snare" means. Would really appreciate some help :) thanks!

PvE
11-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Snare means to entangle. to wrap or twist together. When you use time shift it pretty much is a few second hold on the monster from moving. TBH dont go for timeshift not worth it in the long run. I'd suggest, Fire ball skill, gforce (tornado), Heal, Lightning (for bossing - great if you have critical upgrade)

crestmage
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Heh thanks :) But one problem is that when i cast the time shift skill, the enemies don't root? They walk slightly slower but they aren't rooted.

gundamsone
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
you'll need to

unlock the root skill
charge the skill for it to take effect

Nightarcher
11-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Snare: slows enemies' movement
Root: stops enemies in place

I believe that is how this particular skill uses those terms. :)

mike1298
11-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I would take time over Gale anyday. The dps with time is awesome.

Nightarcher
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I would take time over Gale anyday. The dps with time is awesome.

I like Time too, because even if its cd is longer, it hits harder and damages over time as well + root. It is a very powerful skill, albeit a little hard to control in terms of where it hits. :P

XghostzX
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
The gale stun + fire stun combo is awesome. Mobs have no chance of hitting you. Although, I'm yet to try out Time Shift. Is it that beneficial?

mike1298
11-14-2012, 12:31 AM
The gale stun + fire stun combo is awesome. Mobs have no chance of hitting you. Although, I'm yet to try out Time Shift. Is it that beneficial?

I found a charged time comboed with fire then charged lightning will nuke hard. Extremely powerful on bosses too.

kikibibi
11-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Hmm, after update I found my time shift disappearing upon cast. Anyone noticed? And some enemies are immune to root? They can still move but slowly.
I noticed my Time magic is doing 0-1 dmg to bosses. I have all the upgrades.

Superduper
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Go with 5-fire 5-heal 5-lightning. Fire blast skill is absolutely great. It has no maximum number of targets, is powerful, knocks down every enemy it hits, and does a considerable amount of damage.

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Time shift is a great skill imo, it helps you run away if you have no hp left :D

also, it does area damage. isnt that what mage is all about? >.<

Skeokateva
11-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Hmm, after update I found my time shift disappearing upon cast. Anyone noticed? And some enemies are immune to root? They can still move but slowly.

I noticed that sometimes my clocks don't drop after I cast them, but i don't know if that's my hit chance/miss?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Montanabro
11-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Root only slows down mobs. Snare will fully stop them. Hope this helps.

vyledust
11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Root only slows down mobs. Snare will fully stop them. Hope this helps.

It is the opposite. Stopping them would be more powerful, and the base skill says snare if I remember correctly. They would not make a weaker upgrade.

Montanabro
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
It is the opposite. Stopping them would be more powerful, and the base skill says snare if I remember correctly. They would not make a weaker upgrade.

You're right. I got them mixed up.

limitbreak
11-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Fire ball as your initial skill for knocking enemy down + damage/s then time shift for more damage + root lock ( they cnt move/atk within the sphere except enemies with range skill or mage/rangers) then Gale to blow them up for finale lol, and oh get mallison ( has awesome damage and normal atk is aoe) and green dragon (forgot the name) and flap jack they have aoe aracane ability + blue dragon aswell

DontNerfMeBro
11-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I try to lead with Time whenever possible. Often its easier to get a larger cluster of enemies in the beginning when they're funneling toward you and before they start getting scattered from player knockdown abilities.

When you're in a group, if you can time your approach on the enemy JUST after a group member makes initial contact with any type of attack, the group member will have aggro, and you can literally waltz yourself straight into the middle of a group of mobs for perfect positioning to drop Time without provoking them. Of course after the Time drops aggro will likely shift so just make sure the group is already in your rear view.

primaeva
11-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Hi, does anyone have the Root unlocked? I'd like to ask if enemies stepping INTO the area AFTER it's already cast will be rooted at the edge and take the DoT damage.

(as far as I know, they are snared if they come in from outside for as long as the shell lasts. Hoping it applies to rooting as well.)

Montanabro
11-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi, does anyone have the Root unlocked? I'd like to ask if enemies stepping INTO the area AFTER it's already cast will be rooted at the edge and take the DoT damage.

(as far as I know, they are snared if they come in from outside for as long as the shell lasts. Hoping it applies to rooting as well.)

I can confirm that enemies that walk into the area are rooted and take the DoT.

Haowesie
11-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi, does anyone know if a rooted enemy with long range weapon are still able to fire at you?

Ambient
11-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes they can. Get a stun spell or two. (gale/ice/fire)

Montanabro
11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi, does anyone know if a rooted enemy with long range weapon are still able to fire at you?

I can confirm that rooted enemies can use ranged attacks on you.

primaeva
11-30-2012, 03:20 AM
I can confirm that rooted enemies can use ranged attacks on you.

Sweet, thanks for the replies. I grabbed the point yesterday and it has been worth it. One note-- the mobs don't stop moving totally, but they take a small step and get rooted again. Still, the AoE for Time Shift is so big that they're as good as stuck within the globe.

(No effect on bosses).

kiratdeluxe
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
i have fighted on the elite zone and the root behavior is chaotique sometime, they walk like nothing happen and sometime they are stopped but ulitimately the spell time is reduce ...

Haowesie
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
i have fighted on the elite zone and the root behavior is chaotique sometime, they walk like nothing happen and sometime they are stopped but ulitimately the spell time is reduce ...

I was thinking of doing a respec for a better elite build, not so much for the dmg over time, but for the root capability... This is good to know, thx.