PDA

View Full Version : Founders

Ukreazacor
11-14-2012, 01:09 PM
So just wondering...for the founder's chest. The Founder's items don't specifically have the word "Founder" in their name right? Just pinks. (because if they dont then I been wasting a whole ton of platinum.

Haowesie
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, they do have "Founders" in the name, I did the same, bought a lot of platinum chests... Unless you're intending to create a lot of toons, I suggest you wait until you cap before trying to get Founders for a couple of reasons; 1) I found there are a lot of legendary, epic (or sometimes even rare) that will do the job just as good. 2) Founders are tradeable and I've seen some being sold on the Auction house. 3) They are not stackable items like previously in PL where it add stats to your existing build, so in essence after you pass a certain level, they just become a collectors item.

This is of course just my opinion, I also tend to buy things when I really really want something regardless ;P

Samhayne
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Just to be clear, the items from the Founders packs had their name changed and no longer say "Founders" in the name. I believe that this was because the names were too long and not displaying correctly on smaller screen devices.

octavos
11-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Just to be clear, the items from the Founders packs had their name changed and no longer say "Founders" in the name. I believe that this was because the names were too long and not displaying correctly on smaller screen devices.

eg: "founder helm blu, founder helm gold" is a good name :p makes it easy to search in AH...its the meaning behind founder we all love and cherish. and since they are class specific...its ok :D

Ukreazacor
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
How are we to differentiate which is which? Are any pinks given from founder chests the item that is being sought out as founders?

Ukreazacor
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
How are we to differentiate which is which? Are any pinks given from founder chests the item that is being sought out as founders?

Because if they are pinks, then I just sold a bunch of my founders stuff thinking they were crappy non-founder stuff. Like my ring of reposite or whatever and armors

Delirium
11-14-2012, 06:13 PM
so.. what is unique about the founder items so that we can know when we get one? lol

octavos
11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
so.. what is unique about the founder items so that we can know when we get one? lol

limited time, they are considered founders, to show off....when its no longer available they will be the envy of your friends.

Delirium
11-15-2012, 07:50 PM
What I meant was, how am I supposed to tell the difference between a founder item and a regular pink?

..and I could care less about the envy of my friends! I want something that goes pew pew really hard. Shiny is good too.. I like shiny.

Kuero
11-15-2012, 09:18 PM
What envy? Aren't they available via the auction house? Also they would stop at lvl 16.
So basically ppl could get jealous the next lvl cap first IF there wouldn't be stronger gear out then

zeusabe
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Will there be a vanity version of founders items?...