PDA

View Full Version : please increase red diamond drop rates

wvhills
11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
twice I've recieved a 3x combo blessing since crafting has come out (comes with 30% luck). I've farmed blacksmoke for 3 hours both time while wearing big luck and have recieved 0 red diamonds. i got a presto gem the first day and a hawkeye gem today. Not only have I not gotten a red diamond, I haven't even seen one drop. That's about 90 runs and 450 drops (most of been full groups) and not 1 red diamond. I don't think I should have to buy an 80 plat an hour shamus elixir, a 40 plat an hour thrasher and 3 plat per run entry fee into underground to craft my set. I also don't think red diamonds should be selling for 800k-1m when you need at least 7 to craft a 3 piece set or 11 to craft 4 piece set. I also don't think drop rates on pinks in blacksmoke should be so low that the complete set sells for more than the gold cap.

I personally feel like after farming for 6 hours I should have at least 3 of the gems by now.

Energizeric
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
How is it that you have done 90 runs in BSM in 3 hours? That's 30 runs per hour, or 2 minutes per run? I don't think you could reach the boss in Dragons Nest in 2 minutes if you didn't kill a single mob along the way and just ran through the mobs. It would still take more than 2 minutes.

wvhills
11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
How is it that you have done 90 runs in BSM in 3 hours? That's 30 runs per hour, or 2 minutes per run? I don't think you could reach the boss in Dragons Nest in 2 minutes if you didn't kill a single mob along the way and just ran through the mobs. It would still take more than 2 minutes.

6 hours, not 3 hours. I had 3x combo 2 times and farmed for 3 hours each time.

Energizeric
11-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Still, that means 4 minutes per run. I'd like to see a youtube video posted of this 4 minute run.

gibol1412
11-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Still, that means 4 minutes per run. I'd like to see a youtube video posted of this 4 minute run.
When I was with 3x combo group was no problem. 4 min. per run on any map.

vle_hoang
11-14-2012, 08:56 PM

3 to 4min per run is doable on full party (75+) thrash/x3 combo. I 've done fews runs like that, i have x3 combo blessing and bought a 5min x1.5 exp, my exp elixir end on 1/3 Way of the next rmk, so i guess 4min per dragon nest run is doable.

Energizeric
11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Post a video, then I'll believe it. I've been timing Underworld runs and I've been on dozens of them with full party of thrashers, and none have finished in less than 6 minutes, with the average being around 7-8 minutes. And Underworld is a much shorter dungeon with half the mobs.

chau
11-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Underworld have more bosses, and hard killed mini bosses like emma, the bird and bear at the beginning

chau
11-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Underworld has 73 mobs, which about equal the mobs, not half

Chioricon
11-15-2012, 12:49 AM
If the Devs increase drop rates of NRDs, then it wouldn't be legendary loot, will it?

vle_hoang
11-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Post a video, then I'll believe it. I've been timing Underworld runs and I've been on dozens of them with full party of thrashers, and none have finished in less than 6 minutes, with the average being around 7-8 minutes. And Underworld is a much shorter dungeon with half the mobs.

I think we are not talking about the same map, im talking about dragon nest map, not the Underwolrd dungeon.

Riccits
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
in underworld erruption i see drop a lot of red diamonds. i got a few there and also many recipes drops, but saw less equip pinks

nmyxspaceship
11-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Sorry but why raise it when it's already high enough. Be patient I would know prices are dropping. I buy at least 5 a day.

wvhills
11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Sorry but why raise it when it's already high enough. Be patient I would know prices are dropping. I buy at least 5 a day.

because it's not high enough. I haven't seen a single one drop in the non plat maps in hours and hours of farming. :(
i don't think I should have to pay 80 plat an hour for shamus elixir, 40 an hour for thrasher and then 3 plat per run just to have a chance at one. I feel like after 10 hours of farming I should be at least half way if not all the way to getting my items crafted.

Energizeric
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll say once again, the drop rate is the same for the paid dungeon, you just get more drops in a shorter amount of time. For example, last night I ran the paid dungeon for 3 hours and got one Diamond and one recipe, both of which came right at the end of the 3 hours. Prior to getting those 2 drops, I had run the dungeon at least 25 times with no pinks. 25 runs in the paid dungeon with 7 bosses means I got 175 drops without seeing a pink. So that is the equivalent of running Dragon's Nest 175 times in a row and seeing no pinks. Even if you can manage to run Dragon's Nest in 4 minutes, that would mean spending 12 hours in a row with no pink drops.

I'll say this again, I want to have a chance to try to obtain gear that is very rare and that not everyone can have. If there is enough diamonds and L75 pinks for everyone to have a crafted set, then I don't want it. If Pocket Legends becomes a game where the best gear is easily obtainable for everyone, I will lose interest completely.

The best gear should be that which is very rare and at best only a very small percentage of players should be able to obtain with very hard work and some luck. Crafting has been out now for one week and everyone is already crying that they didn't get enough diamonds to craft their set yet. Geeezzz!!! If it was that easy for everyone the game would become boring very quick.

ninjaduck
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM
wvhills bes bird

Noelx
11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
was the recent update for this diamond drop rate

Multibird
11-15-2012, 08:51 PM
IMA :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana: hehehehehe

Brave Sir Robin
11-15-2012, 09:58 PM
For example, last night I ran the paid dungeon for 3 hours and got one Diamond and one recipe, both of which came right at the end of the 3 hours. Prior to getting those 2 drops, I had run the dungeon at least 25 times with no pinks. 25 runs in the paid dungeon with 7 bosses means I got 175 drops without seeing a pink.

When you say you saw no pinks, you mean you did not receive any pinks yourself or there weren't any pink drops in general in these 25 paid dungeon runs? In case you mean you didn't receive anything yourself but other people were getting pinks, how many were these pinks (approximately)? Also, how frequent were purple drops?

Kixxler
11-15-2012, 10:57 PM
This is why I don't endgame pvp. At low levels, you don't need to spend hours and hours just to get one ingredient in making a recipe. All you needs is a forg. bow, and spam screen.

Energizeric
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
When you say you saw no pinks, you mean you did not receive any pinks yourself or there weren't any pink drops in general in these 25 paid dungeon runs? In case you mean you didn't receive anything yourself but other people were getting pinks, how many were these pinks (approximately)? Also, how frequent were purple drops?

I did see some pinks, just did not get any myself during that run. Also please keep in mind that most people running the paid dungeon are also using a paid elixir which includes some sort of luck bonus, and many times this elixir is also stacked on top of a daily combo elixir which also has a luck bonus. So almost all the pinks that come do so by way of being rerolled from purples, and almost all purples you see are rerolls from greens. So yes I see quite a few purples, but almost all are rerolls from greens. It's very rare to see a purple that's not a reroll, since everyone is running with luck elixers, but I can remember a time I did see a purple without a reroll and was annoyed that it didn't reroll.

So again it's hard to make a valid comparison between the paid dungeon and the regular ones because not only are the drops with such greater frequency due to there being 7 bosses in one small dungeon, but also the players are running with these elixirs so that too will increase the number of pinks rerolling from purples.

Last night once again I played the paid dungeon. I decided I would play until I dropped a diamond, and it took me over 2 hours and about 20+ runs. I saw about 5 diamonds, a couple of recipes and a beastly armor drop to other players during that time, and all except for one were rerolls.

I think the drop rate here is just fine. Prices of diamonds will continue to drop due to the players in the paid dungeon until the price becomes so low that it doesn't pay to farm the paid dungeon anymore. Then the price will level off. I'm guessing it will drop until it reaches 300-400k per diamond. At that price we are talking 2m to craft a full set which in my opinion is about right. I don't want crafted sets going for 200k like the crafted fang sets do...that's far too cheap for a premium set.

Brave Sir Robin
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I did see some pinks, just did not get any myself during that run. Also please keep in mind that most people running the paid dungeon are also using a paid elixir which includes some sort of luck bonus, and many times this elixir is also stacked on top of a daily combo elixir which also has a luck bonus. So almost all the pinks that come do so by way of being rerolled from purples, and almost all purples you see are rerolls from greens. So yes I see quite a few purples, but almost all are rerolls from greens. It's very rare to see a purple that's not a reroll, since everyone is running with luck elixers, but I can remember a time I did see a purple without a reroll and was annoyed that it didn't reroll.

So again it's hard to make a valid comparison between the paid dungeon and the regular ones because not only are the drops with such greater frequency due to there being 7 bosses in one small dungeon, but also the players are running with these elixirs so that too will increase the number of pinks rerolling from purples.

Last night once again I played the paid dungeon. I decided I would play until I dropped a diamond, and it took me over 2 hours and about 20+ runs. I saw about 5 diamonds, a couple of recipes and a beastly armor drop to other players during that time, and all except for one were rerolls.

Thanks for this detailed report. It is indeed very hard to estimate if the drop rate of diamonds in the paid dungeon is better that in the campaign.

I did 80 runs this weekend in the campaign maps (95% Dragon's Nest) and saw the following pinks:

3x diamonds (2 to me :) )
2 recipes (1 to me)
3 helmets (1 to me)

All from Dragon's Nest but ofc that was because 95% of the runs were there.

But you are right, diamond drop rate may seem better in the paid dungeon (when it's actually not) because you run 7 bosses in 6-7 mins. So in your 20 runs you had 140 drops in 2 hours. If the average for the Nest is 5 mins, my 80 runs took 6.7 hours. To get your 140 drops I would need about 12 hours which feels like forever :)

Also, I got at least 2 purples without re-rolls. It sucks when it happens lol. But the reason why I asked you about the purples was because I wanted to find out how advantageous would be the use of Shamus in the paid dungeon.

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Update:

So on Friday night I once again started farming the plat dunegon, and on my first run I dropped a L75 Flying Drangonscale Armor from KOAL. It's the first time I've dropped an armor since BSM was released. We all know how rare the armors are and the high prices of 2m+ per.

What's funny is that I already have completed my crafted strength set -- I bought all 4 uncrafted items (helm, armor, scythe & shield) and the 3 of the 4 recipes (I farmed the armor recipe), but I farmed all the diamonds to craft. So once that was complete (about a week ago) I decided I was going to crafted a dex talon set (I'm a dual spec bear). So I bought the helm, talon and wing, but didn't have enough gold to buy the armor, so I was really pleased when that exact armor dropped to me. Now I just need some more diamonds to craft the dex set.

So I figured I'd play the plat dungeon a few more nights and I'd get my diamonds. Well, that is where my luck ended. I proceeded to do about 20 runs on Friday after dropping the armor, another 20-30 runs on Saturday, and another dozen or so last night, and not a single pink drop in any of them. So I'm just about to the point where I don't know if I will do the paid dungeon anymore. I'm getting tired of spending huge amounts of plat and getting nothing. And the diamonds are coming down in price, so I may just save up and buy them.

As for using a shamus, I'd say it isn't worth it. Runs through the paid dungeon take around 6-8 minutes, meaning with a shamus you could probably do around 4 runs, or 28 drops. I'd say you would be better off just running with a daily combo, or if you don't have that then the 7 plat elixir which gives 30% luck bonus I believe. The drop rate for purples is pretty low as well, and the chance of one of those 28 being a purple that doesn't reroll with 30% luck is very low. If the drops were worth 2m each, then maybe. But most of the drops falling seem to be diamonds, and they are down to about 600-700k now. I'd say it's not worth getting shamus, but that's just my opinion.