PDA

View Full Version : Basic Mage Builds

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Before you read, please understand this is my personal opinion :< please do not leave any negative comments! (However, suggestions are WELCOMED)

1. Basic 1:1 Bossing build (also pvp maybe?)
4.Arcane Shield or curse - Arcane shield will help you survive and curse will help you kill your enemy faster.

2. Basic Mob killer build (Area damage)
3.Time Shift 5- i do not understand why people are saying this is a terrible skill, but this is my favorite skill. The cooldown only lasts until the timer blows up, also it does area damage before AND after, and it also does debuffs.
4.Curse, arcane shield , gale force or heal - your choice

3. Hybrid
4. Frost Bolt 4 - which ever you want
Mine is more of a hybrid, but with a leaning towards mob killing.

Fireball: maxed out
Gale Force: Outward Squall, Weighted Wind
Frost Bolt: Jagged Ice
Life Giver: all except range increase.

Generally, a charged Fireball is my starter, followed up with a charged Gale Force. Frost Bolt is mostly for lone targets and for bosses that can be rooted/stunned. I like the upgraded life giver because I can cast it and end up with more mana than when I casted it and it gives a bonus to mana and health regen.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

P.S. if you're going to use arcane shield, i suggest you to use at least 70% of your stats on INT.

Please leave any suggestions down below :o

Thank you for reading :)

tl;dr
JUST READ

Deathpunch
11-14-2012, 10:18 PM

Generally, a charged Fireball is my starter, followed up with a charged Gale Force. Frost Bolt is mostly for lone targets and for bosses that can be rooted/stunned. I like the upgraded life giver because I can cast it and end up with more mana than when I casted it and it gives a bonus to mana and health regen.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:25 PM

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Ill try that^^ seems fun.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 10:26 PM

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

mind if i add that to ^^^

lightcuber
11-14-2012, 10:48 PM
My build is somewhat mobkiller, but I focus (so far) on just the stun capabilities on each skill. I dislike soloing, so when I use my build I focus on what's going to get the most mobs inhibited in the least amount of time. I also have max heal because I know the MP heal is actually quite useful for warriors.

So far I have 2 Fire, 3 Gale (I like the 75% dodge chance), 2 Time (the root upgrade), and 5 Heal. I've found that Time+Fireball is a great combo to leave mobs helpless, while also dealing some decent damage.

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 11:06 PM
My build is somewhat mobkiller, but I focus (so far) on just the stun capabilities on each skill. I dislike soloing, so when I use my build I focus on what's going to get the most mobs inhibited in the least amount of time. I also have max heal because I know the MP heal is actually quite useful for warriors.

So far I have 2 Fire, 3 Gale (I like the 75% dodge chance), 2 Time (the root upgrade), and 5 Heal. I've found that Time+Fireball is a great combo to leave mobs helpless, while also dealing some decent damage.

interesting, however i was more based on the fast killing type :P

Deathpunch
11-14-2012, 11:15 PM
mind if i add that to ^^^

Sure. ;)

Now, my question on the dodge buff from gale force, is it an actual 75% dodge buff or a buff of 75% of your current dodge? Big difference there. :)

If it's the latter, and your dodge is, say, 5, the actual dodge buff would only be 3.75, raising your dodge to 8.75, not 75.

Helpless is good, dead is better. :D

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

lightcuber
11-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Sure. ;)

Now, my question on the dodge buff from gale force, is it an actual 75% dodge buff or a buff of 75% of your current dodge? Big difference there. :)

If it's the latter, and your dodge is, say, 5, the actual dodge buff would only be 3.75, raising your dodge to 8.75, not 75.

I think it is the way you've described it. I tried using Gale without that upgrade and I noticed no difference in the amount of hits I was taking. So it seems like it wouldn't be that useful unless you already have a pretty high dodge rate.