PDA

View Full Version : 2012-11-14 Content Update (108065)

Futumsh
11-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Lowered the health and damage for all enemies below level 7.
Reduced the amount of armor granted from items.
Increased targeting radius of charged Skyward Smash. Should be easier to target enemies with the charged version of skill now.
Continued economy balancing. Potion and Founders gold package prices adjusted. We are working toward having a balanced economy where gold and items have value.
Fixed Savage Helm and Splint Helm for displaying armor instead of helmet appearance.
Increased damage on most Rogue skills.
Decreased recast timer on Aimed Shot, Razor Shield, Noxious Bolt, and Shadow Piercer.
Seconds will no longer display on the next reward time in the daily reward window.

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Reduced the amount of armor granted from items

+ changed founders to 5k each
+ 5x the potion price
Please. no more killing economy

Cong rogues!
thank you for the revamp

other than that.

>:(

Conradin
11-14-2012, 09:35 PM
did you fix rally call? i need my armor bonus

pandabubble
11-14-2012, 09:45 PM
why jack the potion prices? its hard enough getting gold on this game

octavos
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
do my guild offer cheaper prices on potions? looks like potions are 1k, 2k, and 4k though the game....and founder packs for gold are 5k

why jack the potion prices? its hard enough getting gold on this game

with gold blessings out makes Elite runs pretty scary lol XD

Nightarcher
11-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Potions are much too expensive now. With such a small income at lower levels, they're almost impossible to afford. Not everyone wants to buy gold with plat.

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
do my guild offer cheaper prices on potions? looks like potions are 1k, 2k, and 4k though the game....and founder packs for gold are 5k

like panda said, its already difficult enough to get gold in this game.
each meso pouch that drops from monsters only give 1-10 gold, 30-50 from bosses

please dont kill the economy

Aracnus
11-14-2012, 09:53 PM
You also boosted the Founder's gold chance to 5k which really sucks because, now people will waste even more money and not get 1 piece of it.

MasterGT
11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
I really hate to complain but you guys should have seen Kraag City 5 minutes after update, yikes. If nothing is changed soon, like people were saying, you will loose a lot of people back to other games. Plus I lost more than HALF my armor, now i drop like a fly, and when I go to buy potions boom a lot of money. And since no money from allies/daily= no way to buy it.

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Umm, just logged on, nothing is different for me. I got the update, armor is the same, founder's chest is still 2.5k.

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Umm, just logged on, nothing is different for me. I got the update, armor is the same, founder's chest is still 2.5k.
??????????????????????????

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Heck if i know, i'm not complainin though.

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
What are you all raging about? Nothing has changed as far as i'm concerned im using HTC Evo 3D and running ICS lol if that helps lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

CrimsonTider
11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure why the constant toying with the gold prices of pet feeding, potions, chests. I felt potions were perfectly priced considering the difficulty in earning gold. Bout time we make up our minds, STS, as you are going to ruin your best game over something very trivial.

CrimsonTider
11-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Ok.. either there was a secret patch or my eyes are playing tricks.

Deadbite
11-14-2012, 10:11 PM
#1 Lets not make warriors like birds in PL.
#2 Let's stop increasing potion prices.
#3 Lets not ruin your best game with these stupid things.
#4 Lets increase the amount of skills on the HUD.
#5 let's lower the cost of inv, stash, and chairicter slots.
#6 I love this game so far.

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:12 PM
What are you all playing on?

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
#1 Lets not make warriors like birds in PL.
#2 Let's stop increasing potion prices.
#3 Lets not ruin your best game with these stupid things.
#4 Lets increase the amount of skills on the HUD.
#5 let's lower the cost of inv, stash, and chairicter slots.
#6 I love this game so far.
I'm actually content with only 4 skills.

@Raze, Evo.

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm actually content with only 4 skills.

@Raze, Evo.

Is it an Evo thing? Im using 3D version and i see no diff like you lowly

Deadbite
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't mind 4 but a little more variety would be nice maybe 5 or 6?

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Turns out i didn't update. The update is via the play store for me and from the sound of things i'm not hitting update until this stuff is rectified or i get forced to update.

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Turns out i didn't update. The update is via the play store for me and from the sound of things i'm not hitting update until this stuff is rectified or i get forced to update.

Same lol

Kanozaki
11-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Only thing which concerns me is the potion price , i had a hard time affording them leveling up. Maybe they may increase the drop rate of potions to balance out ?

Deadbite
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Only thing which concerns me is the potion price , i had a hard time affording them leveling up. Maybe they may increase the drop rate of potions to balance out ?

But potions will still be really expensive... And u would only get a few potions (1 or 2) each time..

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
@lowly mine doesnt even have an update in play store. I downloaded apk. From their download page(STS)

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Idk. Mine says update in place of open. Not even gonna think of touching that button though, no way, no how.

Nvm, just got forced to update. Sts, ya'll better fix this or you're gonna have some angry customers on your hands.

razerfingers
Weird. That i never got it.

Ladycandyheal
Why lower Armor but increase prices? Do you want to be the most expensive MMO ever? We are still in a recession and I'm certaintly not rich. I got bills like any other adult.

Very disappointed in your IAP model. It needs a big revamp!

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 10:24 PM
bring daily gold back please.

Samhayne
11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks very much for the reminder about the change in pricing of potions and the Founder's gold package. Our apologies that this was not included in the original notes. The team is working to quickly iterate, correct issues and balance. Part of the ongoing balance is looking at the economy. We are working toward having systems where gold and items have value. We ask that you please give the changes a chance to play out and look forward to your constructive feedback.

Thanks again!

Deadbite
11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Ignore my rant. Deleted it. StS has explained and might fix it.

razerfingers
11-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks very much for the reminder about the change in pricing of potions and the Founder's gold package. Our apologies that this was not included in the original notes. The team is working to quickly iterate, correct issues and balance. Part of the ongoing balance is looking at the economy. We are working toward having systems where gold and items have value. We ask that you please give the changes a chance to play out and look forward to your constructive feedback.

Thanks again!

Having low costs is what made people like the game. I know you guys are making changes but this is a make or break for me not wanting to play AL. You cant push up pot prices THEN not put up GOLD drop values. No doesnt work same with founders, i didnt suggest you UP the price to get people to buy th PLAT version with better chance at getting founders. I was happy you used my idea now i regret telling you guys. Just my opinion on the matter

UnholyGoalie
11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Worst update I have ever seen! So disappointed in STS...youre ruining great game please fix it :) and please put amor stats back the way they were! Some of us paid good plat to have those stats!!! or reimburse us our plat because what we have now, is not what we paid for!

Ladycandyheal
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks again!

How is increasing prices going to help the economy?? It will help the developers of course but not the paying customer who are not affluent OR who are and want a balanced IAP model. Never been so irritated on only my second day of playing AL. The IAP is extremely high IMHO.

Start a RENT option please or please consider it because you must think we are all made of money.

Lightningspeed
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
This patch increased the cost of potions substantially and decreased the armor substantially. At this rate, people will just keep dying, not have enough gold, and eventually quit..sure, those with skills and a good team might be able to use only a few potions and still save up gold, but what about the others who are new to the game and lack these skills? Furthermore, I'm not sure if this is about restructuring the AL economy or a bid to try and get more people to spend platinum on the Founder's Chests. It seems more of the latter at the moment..

StompArtist
11-14-2012, 10:41 PM
My Rogue has no armor now, less than 90 at lvl 12. At least give us a free respec, I get one shotted right and left.

What has armor got to do with the economy unless the plan is for us to die more often?

Lowlyspy
11-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks again!
And the armor reduction? I thought it was fine how it was. As a level 15 warrior with around 475 armor, the normal campaign wasn't exactly hard, then again when you're high level with good gear it isn't supposed to be. The hauntlet and elite campaigns still gave me a run for my money and killed me fairly often when i solo'd. This was just a subpar update imo, even if the gold prices were an accident.

Aeroflame
11-14-2012, 10:45 PM
You guys have to understand that making gold here is difficult, the only time you can get large amounts would be from quests, and even then that gold gets blown on potions, which by the way have gotten more expensive. I understand you can buy 50k gold in a minute when u have plat, but its slightly unfair that the economy is being balanced based on those who just happen to have that money. 5000 gold isnt easy to get when i have to walk on water just too get 800.

Samhayne
11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
My Rogue has no armor now, less than 90 at lvl 12. At least give us a free respec, I get one shotted right and left.

What has armor got to do with the economy unless the plan is for us to die more often?

Armor and player power has a lot to do with game balance. I can understand your feelings. The team is watching and continuing to work on it. We appreciate your constructive feedback. The change was just made, let's let it play out a bit. Thanks very much!

Bebsi
11-14-2012, 11:01 PM

Exactly, my armor dropped from 471 --> 226 !@%$#! ... wtf ... o.O
Opening a chest in elite stage is 10 gold!!! Doing a quest is a 100-200 gold?
With this armor I have to spam health pots to survive.
How does this help regulate economy in AL.

Worst update so far.
That's it. I stop using plat for now...

bronislav84
11-14-2012, 11:06 PM
I am worried about being able to afford potions from reading the replies to these notes, and dropping quickly.

Updating now.

cjswogkstkdg
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM
>: Lf> price to go back down

Iron Hand
11-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Elite can now kill us to quicck with the reduction in armor. I have a health of 2030 and best gear in game at level 16 and with 2 or 3 hits i die. Spent 15 health pots on first elite mob killed 2 of the 4 and died 3 times. We need armor back or lower the amount of damage the elite mobs and bosses do, otherwise we cannot play elite mode.

boomzkie
11-14-2012, 11:14 PM
My warrior armor 547 drop to 279 armor goodluck to me cnt tank first boss in elite village map haha sorry partymate cnt tank now lmao

ProSophist
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Might as well increase pet food to 2000 gold while you guys are it

Lady_Pebbles
11-14-2012, 11:18 PM
This update sucks but they're in control & want us to deal with it (for now) while they figure out what -they- think would be decent prices on pots, Founders, loot dropped, & amount of armor on items.

Remember ppl, we're just the mice in their experimental maze. They run the show, observe the results, and act accordingly. While the mice go crazy trying to find a way out. Only solution now is to say what we gotta say & hope they meet us on decently fair/even ground without adding insult to injury. Especially if they start messing with plat prices next. Hopefully, they learned from their mistakes from previous games and issues there (like on DL with the Biomorph Bundles).

Smh.

boomzkie
11-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Even if you have good party in elite map because of reduction of armor you will now farming deaths haha because the mobs and boss armor are still the same is that balanced??? Hope sts decreased armor for elite mobs and boss to keep it balanced

octavos
11-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Not dramatic post as JustG wants.

gold was perfect the way it was...300 for 25 was great since allies no longer give gold...but if they gave gold again then prices would be ok...but it is nice that not tons of gold is floating around...can scare new players for AH prices on stuff...like PL atm with rare pinks "millions i tell ya!!!

gold earnings are not jiving with what prices of potions are need to do missions...how can we feed pets if were trying not to die with no potions. low gold costs and no gold allies makes missions worth something. items yes are needed, but if i cant travel more then 5 steps before getting killed...why would i want to do missions for 30 credits at low levels. to give value to items gold has to be a bit harder to earn...but not impossible as it is now...i do agree that Founders have to be a bit high tho, so ppl who do have them have a since of accomplishment.

Technique
11-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Elite can now kill us to quicck with the reduction in armor. I have a health of 2030 and best gear in game at level 16 and with 2 or 3 hits i die. Spent 15 health pots on first elite mob killed 2 of the 4 and died 3 times. We need armor back or lower the amount of damage the elite mobs and bosses do, otherwise we cannot play elite mode.

Same thing happened to me, why did us warriors lose over half of our armor? We are TANKS, were supposed to have high armor.

This update is ridiculous, can't even run the elite maps without dying in a few hits. Do you guys not test these updates before you release them?

dmth
11-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Firstly just wanted to post and say that this game is great. The graphics look good, the game play is awesome, it's very addicting and overall a fabulous game.

However, the most recent update that was put out was the worst update to any online or single player game I've ever played in 10+ years of gaming.

In the previous version it was hard enough to get gold from lv 10+ onwards, as the quests and gold drops don't really scale up enough to support you to buy items / pots.
Selling items is another way to make money but each item at level 4-12 being pretty much the same price. Why is a generic item say 4 gold and an epic item 5 gold?
You say you want to fix the economy, but drastically increasing prices of health pots isn't the way to go about it - they should be scaled like other aspects of the game.
The higher level, the more expensive as obviously at higher levels you're gaining more gold (fingers crossed now).

The changes that you've currently deployed make your developers / company look greedy, which is a total turn off for me and I'm sure many other players.

It's great that this game is free. IAP is an ok model when done right, I personally wouldn't normally spend money through IAP but this is a game where I would.

This game, with a healthy economy could be a massive success. At the moment, the economy is not healthy and as a result you are going to lose many players.

Shellkaz
11-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Sts, I do hope that you would rethink the prices for potions. While the prices for potions are somewhat in line with the prices we pay in PL, in AL we have the additional financial burden of feeding our pets. The gold drop rate isn't that good to begin with. Ie: the pet can't even pick up enough gold to support itself. The food costs go up significantly as the pet levels, but the drop rate in maps remains relatively low. An alternative would be to increase the length of time between "feelings" it would give us a bit of a breather, and a chance to accumulate a bit of gold.

Either way, it's a good thing my guild is good about swapping gear among members. We help each other out as much as we can. :) I suggest that while sts is working on the economy, that guilds start encouraging members to swap low level purple gear amongst each other to help each other out financially.

mike1298
11-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Lol.. I wasn't making money with the potion prices before update. Now lower armor and higher cost. Gf me

Bozack
11-15-2012, 12:07 AM
WOOT! finally an update i can waste my gold coins on. Warriors dont need armor btw. less armor more better for tanking. Potions prices gone up also WOOT. like putting a cherry on top. armor drop more pots, pot prices increased. dont get me started on feeding my pets. seriously have u tried tanking with a warrior who is jacked up on pots. not pretty when spamming health pots and skills to keep from dying. meanwhile my pet is just leeching off me. way to loose fan base.

great graphics btw. kudos

RcyberN
11-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Worst move I've seen for awhile by STS. My desire to economically support STS soured. The value disappeared much like my gold and armor did in Arcane. What a coincidence!

TANKKAAR
11-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Look... I understand the want for items to have value and all, but maybe you should gradually make that happen? The need for items to have value is kind of a catch 22 when the game hasn't been out long enough for anyone to have gold to spend in the first place....

Example: yay I got the rarest level 16 warrior weapon trollbabe now worth 500k .... but really what good does that do anyone when nobody has 500k to spend.

Lets try to be realistic guys? The game just came out and any new economy needs time to be built. There is an old saying that fits here perfectly!

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Nuff said....

frieke
11-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Seriously? Idk what in the world sts is thinking....the changes made on these last two updates are awful. You take away gold dailys, incrs pet feeding, incrs price of pots to beond a joke, decrs armour, and apparently incrs dmg on enemies....did you actually want people to play this game and long standing sts fans to play any games after they start to lose patience with these types of changes.
Please seriously rethink quickly changing armour back, its not fair to anyone, esp people who bought plat items. Oh n pot prices to something in this reality.

Thanks kindly.
From a seriously disgruntled fan.

Ladycandyheal
11-15-2012, 01:24 AM
the most recent update that was put out was the worst update to any online or single player game I've ever played in 10+ years of gaming.

Exactly!!

"Let's see how it plays out"??! How about listening to your customers because you lost quite a few today

razerfingers
11-15-2012, 01:28 AM
I just spent $5 10hrs ago too xP lol but for premium toon xD

AbsolutePally
11-15-2012, 01:39 AM
The reason I quit Pl was BC I got tired of typing here instead of actually PLAYING. It became a job to keep up there, but a job you pay instead of the other way around.
That's.why I liked this game much better, and i still do but once again here we are typing instead of playing.
You value our feedback yet don't pay us for it, maybe we can all go work for sts.

bronislav84
11-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Ok I had a chance to look at these prices, and they're honestly horrendous. Potions cost too much and can't earn enough money to feed pets AND buy pots. There's not enough money coming in anymore, especially with the ally not giving money. This and the armor lowering is just horrible.

I'm sad. That's my feedback.

ninjaduck
11-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Good thing I bought 5k+ of each potion :D

Bebsi
11-15-2012, 02:43 AM
double post

Bebsi
11-15-2012, 02:45 AM
I’m still a bit shocked about my warrior tank turning into a football for gnomes now xD
Once I proudly kicked elite bosses, now I’m hiding if I see more than 2-3 mobs lol…

Ok, what problems were mentioned so far:

1.) Current pot prices
- 25/50/100 pots for 1000/2000/4000 gold
Problem:
Running maps, opening chests, solving quests just gives u a few gold coins.
- good: Ally sometimes gives free pots
- better: when u do the daily quests with chance for pets (I think there are quite a few) u could handle it like this:
case a) u get pet egg ^_^
case b) u don’t get egg but 25 health or 25 mana pots (instead of trash item),
- so if I do my 5 dailies I could get a maximum of 125 pots
- it will take me at least 30-60 minutes (dunno), so if I want freebies I might need to invest an hour of my time
- it won’t ruin the economy, cause pots are not tradable/stashable (it would make no sense to stash 100k pots if I can’t transfer them)

2.) Feeding costs for pets
- Rising feeding costs (375 gold for lvl15 pet)
Problem: Earning gold is still a problem in AL
How to address this problem?
A few suggestions:
- Pet food as possible daily blessing
- Pet food as item drop (with a drop rate like purple maybe)
- Pet food from opening chests (again with a drop rate like purple items)
If u would use luck elixier what would happen to pet food?
Well, there needs to be different pet foods…
o Standard one (green/bronze), lasts like normal
o Medium one (purple/silver), lasts 3-4 times longer
o Premium one (pink/gold), lasts for 1-2 hours
That way ppl would open all chests. I used to ignore chests cause gold was neglectable and there were 99% trash items.

3.) Amount of gold in AL
U need to stabilize the economy in AL. Ur biggest mistake was to not let ppl farm slowly for their gold. From the start u introduced gold that could be bought with plat. Ofc I bought gold, too. I just made the math. How long will it take me to farm 50k gold, a month or two? Ok, let’s just buy gold lol
How can u solve this?
The amount of gold that can be bought needs to be reduced:
10k gold - 100 plat
20k gold - 200 plat etc.
50k gold - 500 plat
The gold that can be bought needs to be expensive (can be adjusted later), so that at the beginning there won’t be huge amounts in the world of AL. If there is less gold the items in the auction house will get cheaper. That’s when normal players will be able to buy a few pinks, too. Later, there will be better items and ofc these items will always be more expensive than the old ones. Atm u split the player base. Now only players that bought gold can afford the best weapons. But in the long run u need a large player base to keep the game running. If the plat players can buy everything in a day they sure will get bored of the game soon.

4.) Armor stats
Well, that was a bit drastic to reduce the armor by over 50% xD
Problem with elite maps: there is no fun if u permanently need to spam pots just to stay alive
The normal maps are easy and there should be no problem.
Ppl love to farm the elite maps because of the drops. Now tanking is not possible when u rush into a group of enemies. Maybe u can adjust the dmg that the mob does just like in the beginning (release in Canada/Australia). The mob wouldn’t kill u instantly but u would need more time to clear the map.
I hope u could consider some of the thoughts. Btw, it’s good that u ask for constructive feedback. I hope we all can find a solution most gamers can live with :stupid:

RcyberN
11-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Good thing I bought 5k+ of each potion :D

Buy low and sell high :-).... You'll be doing well during this new Arcane economy...lol

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks again!

Yeah but means some people can't play anymore until you put it back.

troller
11-15-2012, 04:33 AM
high prices we are all gonna starve to death :concern:
my warrior roaming naked :blue:
jk i like experiments even the bad ones :encouragement:

Zephyrah
11-15-2012, 04:55 AM
DARN!! this new updates takes me forever.. Hard to hunt for gold and why increased the potion price. that hurt lots.. Please fix..

shadow90
11-15-2012, 05:08 AM
Maybe waiting for iOS finally has an advantage.

EliB
11-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Im a sorcerer and its sad that i have more armor than most warriors out there... Just O.M.G sts u have actually succeeded to disappoint me.. Smh....

EDIT: i would like a stash pots feature in the game so i can give to my alts cause you know...... pots are o.d. expansive now.... >.>

ShadowGunX
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
lol m lcky to buy founder's pck nd 500potions of health nd mana yesterday. nw after seeing da replies m currently taking.....
................a break

Borito
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
lol m lcky to buy founder's pck nd 500potions of health nd mana yesterday. nw after seeing da replies m currently taking.....
................a break

Same here