PDA

View Full Version : name thiefs trying to blackmail

Jhood5
11-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok so I went to create an account on AL and I type in the same name that I have used in all spacetimes games, jhood. As it turns out, someone from Pocket Legends has decided to take all of the high roller names from PL (mine, detlz, hunz) and claim them in AL to sell them for in game currency to those players. This is a very low move, and I was wondering what exactly can be done about this. This person did this with intention to force players to give them gold to get their names back, not because he wanted or needed the names, is this going to be allowed?

ObeyJay
11-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Wow that's some crazy stuff! I hope sts does something about it

Rot
11-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Poor community.

Vystirch
11-15-2012, 12:30 AM
That is horrible of them.

-Vys

Piosidon
11-15-2012, 12:37 AM
One thing to claim an unreserved name but another to sell them

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
That is truly not cool. I wish you good luck with your problem, all the best! :).

GangstaKid
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
u dint reserve yo name sorry bro but u got reservec u feel me bfo

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM

Do I really have to follow you to make your write better?

Commanderkeen
11-15-2012, 09:54 AM

That is true name reservations were there for awhile.

Wrath
11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Seems u shouldve acted quicker . SHame for u that u dont own the name. Oh well huh . Pick something new like fhood . Thatll fit u well :-)

Elyseon
11-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow my Mage is now named jhood!
MWAAAHHAHAHAAAA!
Fear me!

Actually that was just a dream of mine :/

stank
11-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe sts should have added a name reserve feature or something. I don't know, maybe 20 plat or something. Just an idea

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe sts should have added a name reserve feature or something. I don't know, maybe 20 plat or something. Just an idea

Looks like your not really opening your eyes

TEOKILLO
11-15-2012, 10:38 AM

They already had that didnt they?

Elyseon
11-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Looks like you're** not really turning on your sarcasm detector

Walkhardd
11-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Looks like you're** not really turning on your sarcasm detector

S) sarcasm awareness classes. 100k per min.

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 11:32 AM

I'll do that!

Elyseon
11-15-2012, 04:20 PM

I'll do that!
Thank goodness...

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Thank goodness...

No worries, no worries. ;).

Deathpunch
11-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Thieves*

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Jhood5
11-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Thieves*

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7
Caught me In a slight rage haha

Deathpunch
11-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Caught me In a slight rage haha

;) NP, I was jk, anyway. It would annoy me if someone snagged my names.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Piosidon
11-15-2012, 11:33 PM
True, but the person who has it is trying to sell it which is pretty low

Jhood5
11-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Ok so now this person has been using my name to steal gold from players, come on this guy is going to ruin my rep

TEOKILLO
11-16-2012, 01:55 AM
Report name

donzai
11-16-2012, 02:42 AM
I am not supportin the deed but i guess he has the right to take any name... And if we are late in reserving our name.. Its our fault... And he is asking money coz we are asking him to free ot transfer tht name... its his life guys... Let it be.. Also thr r some kids who plays these games too.. So they will think thr way...

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

小孩子
11-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Brb ima grab the name Justg and sell it back to him for 10000000000000000000000000000 plat, seriously though.. Many people have had troubles of impersonation in Pocket legends, I spent a LOT of plat getting the names Hunzz,Hunzzzz,Hunzzzzz,Hunz and any other variation I could think of trying to reduce the risk of people impersonating me... Not so long ago a friend of mine was scammed because someone had the name Zzhunzz (level 1 char) and asked to borrow her Charmin set, thankfully I was able to replace her set, however this kind of activity should not be tolerated, I mean... They obviously knew that these names had some kind of reputation towards them and wanted to take advantage of that...

On that note... Buying my name back for 10m (; ̄ェ ̄)

SkillFullGamer
11-21-2012, 11:19 AM
You gotta reserve your name!!! But you will run accross posers like I have and get people who name themselves , blackalice, Allison, Alice etc...

Jhood5
11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Thing is, I thought I did reserve jhood and apparently I didn't. So someone is trying to ruin our reps and steal from our friends, which they have already.

Leftro
11-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Bleh. People like that are just...awesome!

Actually instead of awesome I meant dirty noobs who are greedy and corrupted. Or just plain lame :P

GangstaKid
11-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I proud to say I took these names and I intned to lvl and take care of them like they r my babys some of the popular guys are nice on foum but mean in the game i had reasond nd I think they are fancy cool names if u think about it

小孩子
11-23-2012, 11:24 PM
I proud to say I took these names and I intned to lvl and take care of them like they r my babys some of the popular guys are nice on foum but mean in the game i had reasond nd I think they are fancy cool names if u think about it

That's like saying, Hey! Obama is awesome on TV but in real life he's a douche therefore im going to kidnap his kids and raise them as my own because i like children.

GangstaKid, you just admitted in impersonating of other players, and if im not mistaken, pretending to be someone else and purposely trying to upset other players is against the terms of service.
i hope that you will think over your actions and do what is right and return those names to their rightful owners.
just remember, using someone elses identity as your own is against the law in real life, if i pretend that im you and i go around shooting people and robbing banks, YOU get blamed.

it has happened many times before and i am sure it will happen again but many players that have impersonated others have been banned.

~Hunzzz

GangstaKid
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Nope I was trying the names out to see if they were taken because they are good names after reading thread. Jhood was taken the other 2 names werent. I havent deleted them because im going to lvl them after i lvl my main so that means u guys had chamce to get them cause i not to long ago got 2 of the three awesome names.

Hunz my mage cause he looks like the rich character and deltz my rouge he's the cool looking guy nd also deltz is a famous rapper and it goes perfect with rouge dont wory i wont try to pretend im u if someone asks ill ssy im gangstskid from the forums but no one has asked me currently lvl 12 on each of my alts except ny main guy he's 15

NiN
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I have a rogue named Thief :)

GangstaKid
11-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Someone got my name gangstakid but i guess since they got the name first My warrior name is gangsterkid so i still found a way

小孩子
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Nope I was trying the names out to see if they were taken because they are good names after reading thread. Jhood was taken the other 2 names werent. I havent deleted them because im going to lvl them after i lvl my main so that means u guys had chamce to get them cause i not to long ago got 2 of the three awesome names.

Hunz my mage cause he looks like the rich character and deltz my rouge he's the cool looking guy nd also deltz is a famous rapper and it goes perfect with rouge dont wory i wont try to pretend im u if someone asks ill ssy im gangstskid from the forums but no one has asked me currently lvl 12 on each of my alts except ny main guy he's 15

You obviously ARE trying to impersonate by choosing the name Hunz...
There are almost unlimited combinations of names you could've chosen yet you chose names of other players KNOWING they have certain reputations.
I'm sorry but that doesn't give you the right to impersonate another player and purposely try to ruin their reputation in game.

Why I'm so ticked off by this?
Look at it this way..
If you create enemies on AL while using MY name, those people may go after ME, that would undoubtedly harm me and my reputation in the community.

Yuni99
11-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Do I really have to follow you to make your write better?

You're just as bad? lol. re read what you said.

flashbackflip
11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Interesting situation... I wonder how it resolves

Rare
11-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Brb ima grab the name Justg and sell it back to him for 10000000000000000000000000000 plat, seriously though.. Many people have had troubles of impersonation in Pocket legends, I spent a LOT of plat getting the names Hunzz,Hunzzzz,Hunzzzzz,Hunz and any other variation I could think of trying to reduce the risk of people impersonating me... Not so long ago a friend of mine was scammed because someone had the name Zzhunzz (level 1 char) and asked to borrow her Charmin set, thankfully I was able to replace her set, however this kind of activity should not be tolerated, I mean... They obviously knew that these names had some kind of reputation towards them and wanted to take advantage of that...

On that note... Buying my name back for 10m (; ̄ェ ̄)

Why didn't you reserve your name?

GangstaKid
11-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Theres if it means that much i deleted hunzz I wasnt impersonating i just liked the name but u can have it now im sure the guy who had pro and ffa in pl didnt get mad when there names got took common names get took hunz is common name if u look it in google but i deleted hunzz now but hunz is taken by someone else not me

Rare
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Thing is, I thought I did reserve jhood and apparently I didn't. So someone is trying to ruin our reps and steal from our friends, which they have already.

You checked Nexus? There was some issue before with reserved names not being reserved. Maybe same for you.

Phoenician1
11-27-2012, 05:33 PM
The situation sucks, we can all see that. What the sphinter did was wrong.

Problem is, I don't think STS can afford to get into the Game Police business. Much as we would all like them to right our particular wrongs, they just can't afford to be all that we would want them (or feel like we need them) to be. They can't afford the time, and most likely don't have the people, to pay folk to be non-revenue-generating Gamecops. That's unfortunate, but it's probably the reality of it. Some things, like software bugs, they have the time, personnel and expertise to fix. Immature little kids, begging for attention by trying to mess with the people around them, they don't. (Besides, there's a never-ending supply of the little peckerwoods.)

So, seems to me, the only alternative is for us to rise above it. Yup, to the extent we can within the Service Agreement, we shun them, screw with them and otherwise treat them in the way that they've earned. But other than that.....I think it's up to us to simply move on. Yes, it sucks (especially since jhood thought he took the proper steps to prevent it from happening), and yes, it galls you to leave the wrong unpunished. But if there's a better suggestion (other than "STS and the Megawand Banhammer!"), I haven't seen it yet. Until then...

Randomguy
01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
its not a surprise someone took rusher -__-

Astrocat
01-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Random Necro o.O