PDA

View Full Version : Taunt?

aldoric
11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
I have been enjoying arcane legends but i seem to find that i can hold agro naturally. Is is possible to gain a taunt?

razerfingers
11-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Throwing axes skill has a taunt sorta proc

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

aldoric
11-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks

razerfingers
11-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Np, i use it on my warrior and i was able to keep agro away from mages and dps when VSing mine boss and the aoe heal has a little taunt i heard havent confirmed myself

Lowlyspy
11-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Yea the Horn of Renew has a taunt that you have to spec into. Useful when you have it also specced to make you and your buddies temporarily invulnerable.

razerfingers
11-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Yea the Horn of Renew has a taunt that you have to spec into. Useful when you have it also specced to make you and your buddies temporarily invulnerable.

Cool! Thanks for confirming

aldoric
11-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Sweet thanks lowly. I was kinda frustrated when i lose agro in packs and the rogue always dies. haha thanks again

epicfailguy
11-26-2012, 02:44 PM
i only recently started playing AL, but after doing some elite runs i can say that chest splitter has been fantastic at helping me maintain aggro. i have even grouped with very well geared warriors (trollbane, and like 100+ dps) and i still kept aggro on bosses. another one i was able to outright steal aggro from, and since i wasnt eating potions, i just kept it. my gear is decent, founders chest, and whatever else i can find that is good. 204 str, 202% dmg, 2190 health, 36 dex, 4.18% dodge, 10.17% crit, 18 int, 280 mana, 54.7 dps, 487 armor. ribbit pet.

i have been able to hold aggro without much issue on smallish groups; larger groups can be so-so, it depends on how fast the DPS is at attacking. my general tactic is charged skyward smash in, chest splitter, charged vengeance, pet ability, alternate skysmash and chestsplitter, using renew/vengeance as needed. if it is a larger group i might dance around a bit to get more targets with chest splitter/renew. another great thing about chest splitter is that you can spec chest splitter as an interrupter. this is fantastic at turning single mobs with a charged attack into wusses; once i have established aggro, i normally just save skyward smash/chest splitter for their charge up.

skyward smash 1, 2, 3; chest splitter 4; renew 3, 4; vengeance 1,2, 3, 4, 5. at level 16 i will increase renew range.

i have only done up to village elite (which i farmed a lot), as i went back to grinding in kragg tombs, but so far i am very happy with this setup.