PDA

View Full Version : What is the Mage?

Mewmew
11-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Personally I see it as a little creature that has no gender, to make up for the other two classes both having one :D Maybe I'm wrong, maybe most people see the mage as a male. But being a girl in real I really am not into playing male characters online (it just feels odd to me and isn't as fun for some reason) - so I made a Mage and gave it a female name and am pretending she's a girl. Is there lore or something somewhere that tells what the Mage actually is? Is it gender neutral or is it a species that males and females look enough alike where it would make sense that I could have a female one?

HickeryDickery
11-16-2012, 08:26 AM
I think the mage is some kind of experiment gone wrong

DontNerfMeBro
11-17-2012, 05:52 AM
Personally I see it as a little creature that has no gender, to make up for the other two classes both having one :D Maybe I'm wrong, maybe most people see the mage as a male. But being a girl in real I really am not into playing male characters online (it just feels odd to me and isn't as fun for some reason) - so I made a Mage and gave it a female name and am pretending she's a girl. Is there lore or something somewhere that tells what the Mage actually is? Is it gender neutral or is it a species that males and females look enough alike where it would make sense that I could have a female one?

I'm totally feeling OP here. I'm male and have never played a female toon in my gaming history if given the option. I simply don't understand why any guy would, but to each their own. Having only 3 classes is kinda meh...having only 3 models is downright lazy. Makes playing rogue undesirable.

Ladycandyheal
11-17-2012, 01:42 PM
How do you think we women feel having extremely little options and have to play as males. I'm not particularly thrilled all the time having a male character in games and given the option, would probably go for female more than half of the time. I don't mind playing male characters because they dominate these games but more choice is preferred.

As for your no comprehension of why any male would play a female toon, I've encountered TONS of guys who play female characters and they had a choice. This is 2012.

I actually am amused that Elgard put way more female characters than males and some guys are upset

DontNerfMeBro
11-17-2012, 04:44 PM
...As for your no comprehension of why any male would play a female toon, I've encountered TONS of guys who play female characters and they had a choice. This is 2012...

Easy there! For the record, I'm a very modern guy and I don't discriminate against ANYone for ANY reason. That said, my comments had nothing to do with masculine/feminine roles or sexuality. To me, (this is simply my opinion and therefore not open to debate) I like my avatars to be a manifestation of how I'd like to appear if I were actually in the fantasy setting. For posterity, if any guys who play female toons would like to comment, please feel free. Just understand that this isn't an attack or accusation.

owleyesdruid
11-18-2012, 12:50 PM
What is the mage... hmmm... I believe the mage is the result of an unholy union between a murlock and a rabbit. Could also possibly have some ewok and/or gremlin ancestors. Heck... I don't know... all I know is he can throw crazy amounts of awesome forces every which way.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Kaytar
11-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe they could add a female-ish face for mage