PDA

View Full Version : Update on Arcane Legends Balance – Improvements Patching Today

Samhayne
11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
The Spacetime Studios Development Team is working hard to continue to refine and balance Arcane Legends. We are very excited with the positive response to the game and committed to ensuring a cohesive play experience throughout the game.

Economy, Potion Costs and Founder’s Chest for Gold

Late yesterday we put out a new game client and game patch. Among other changes and fixes, we changed pricing on Health and Mana potions and the cost of the Founder’s Pack for gold. This came at a time when a lot of other balance parts were moving (see Class Balance and Armor below). These things together had an overall detrimental change on the game, so we have patched to address it.

Potion prices have been changed to the following. Please note the discount at the Guild Hall and Tavern:

Store:
25 health – 400 gold
50 health – 775 gold
100 health – 1500 gold
25 mana – 400 gold

Tavern
25 health – 380 gold
50 health – 740 gold
100 health – 1425 gold
25 mana – 380 gold

Guild
25 health – 360 gold
50 health – 700 gold
100 health – 1350 gold
25 mana – 360 gold

Founder’s Gold Chest: 1,000 gold'

Class Balance and Armor:

Also included in yesterday’s patch was a change to character armor values. This was implemented to help bring balance between all three classes.

Edit: 11-15-12 at 7:30 PM CST We have rolled back the armor value changes. More details in the patch notes at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75354-2012-11-15-Content-Update-(108257)

Other Changes and Fixes:

We have a number of other bug fixes and improvements in work as well. This includes changes to remove the starter premium character bundle and replace it with attractive bundles with different options that are available to characters of all levels. We will have more details on this and other bug fixes available soon.

Edit: 11-15-12 at 7:30 PM CST We have added new premium character bundles. Read more at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75347-New-Bundles-Available-Gear-Inventory-Auction-Potions-and-Gold-all-in-one!

In closing, I want to reiterate the appreciation Spacetime Studios has for our customers. We know there are many options for entertainment these days and are very humbled that so many choose to spend their entertainment time with our games. The constructive feedback we receive is also invaluable. It is why we devote so much time and energy on our forum community and social media pages. Thank you very much for your continued support!

octavos
11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
now this is good :p with no gold from allies....makes the portions worth it and valuable to do missions...and better if you join a guild. so far these adjustments are fantastic.... challenging and engaging.

Leftro
11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Thank you! Good stuff here.

Snakespeare
11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Very interesting... I trust you'll have it nicely balanced by the time it comes to iOS. Excellent! ;)

Kanozaki
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Very nicely done.

cjswogkstkdg
11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Best news ever. Thanks guys

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks for that!

Just this :p:

At the moment:

Sorcerer is now the Warrior, Rogue is still Rogue, and the Warrior is the Sorcerer. Hmm..

StompArtist
11-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Take all the time you need to test in house before release. I think that most of the community would agree that it's better to wait for something nice than to go through a series of "ooops" patches. Thanks for working on making the game better to all the STS employees, slaves and AI modules. :D

bronislav84
11-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Can't wait for this to be fully realized and finalized! I've been constantly getting 1 and 2 shot with my Mage and I'm half Str/Int with decent gear for my level.

boomzkie
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Goodjob sts thumbsup!! :D

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Well gotta say : THANKS STS! :D

*Zero*
11-15-2012, 01:53 PM
what about the elite map achievement bugs? Elite troll and Bael not giving achievements after completion.

Kuero
11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Ah you removing the starter bundles? I hope after iOS release

Samhayne
11-15-2012, 02:02 PM
what about the elite map achievement bugs? Elite troll and Bael not giving achievements after completion.

Hey Zero! Ironhand has been in communication with us about the Elite Bael and Troll achievement bugs. I am aware that there are adjustments being worked on with those. I'm not sure how soon they will be out - but we're aware and working on it! Our apologies for the difficulties with them.

mike1298
11-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Will the future premium upgrades be available at all levels and will they contain stash and inventory bonuses?

Phoenician1
11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Nobody's perfect; I know I sure as hell screw up. It's really refreshing to see a company -with a face, thanks Sam- that's willing to say 'hey, that last part didn't work out the way we wanted, here's what we're gonna do to try and fix it.'. Yah, we'd all like everything we use to work perfectly every time we pick it up, but that isn't realistic. And yes, maybe AL could have used a few more minutes in the oven but that isn't the way things happened this time around. So we deal with it: Big Boy pants, y'all. I know of more than one iOS design house that turns out games and good, bad or indifferent, the way it comes out is the way it stays. They only update when new iOS's are rolled out. STS doesn't do things that way, and I'm glad.

("Patches? We don' need no steenkin' patches!!")

Samhayne
11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Will the future premium upgrades be available at all levels and will they contain stash and inventory bonuses?

There will be options available for all levels and some of the packages will include stash and inventory. More details coming soon.

AbsolutePally
11-15-2012, 02:29 PM
I've faith in this game! Communication is key :)

Rare
11-15-2012, 02:48 PM
There will be options available for all levels and some of the packages will include stash and inventory. More details coming soon.

Alright Sam its been 28 minutes... how about those details? :beaten:

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Alright Sam its been 28 minutes... how about those details? :beaten:

XD finally got to see you in game :)

CrimsonTider
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I will be honest:

The ONLY reason I have stuck with STS is because of their ability to "listen" and not just "hear." As a community, we may not always come across the correct way, but our voice is usually listened too. Thank you for not only listening to us, but being patient with us.

bronislav84
11-15-2012, 03:27 PM

Alright Sam its been 28 minutes... how about those details? :beaten:Yea, how soon can we expect these? Cause I'm not seeing the option anymore even on my level 1, so it seems to have been taken out again....

Carapace
11-15-2012, 03:51 PM

There is a fix for Bael coming soon, it needs to be tested with some other changes to Bael that remove his chance to become invulnerable forever. Since the tweaks to armor and everything else are being toyed with this fix can't go in until the fight can be tested with these changes as they will have a direct effect on his difficulty.

We're still looking into the troll/necromancer achievements at the moment

Aracnus
11-15-2012, 04:36 PM
This is good news, but what about all the people that spent more than 1k on the founder's chest b4 the update. Will you give them all refunds?

Rare
11-15-2012, 07:13 PM
this is good news, but what about all the people that spent more than 1k on the founder's chest b4 the update. Will you give them all refunds?

L o L

Astrocat
11-15-2012, 07:14 PM
l o l

Ikr..

Samhayne
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
We have rolled back the armor value changes. More details in the patch notes at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75354-2012-11-15-Content-Update-(108257)

We have added new premium character bundles. Read more at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75347-New-Bundles-Available-Gear-Inventory-Auction-Potions-and-Gold-all-in-one!