PDA

View Full Version : Warrior shouts. (Do they stack?)

Sledge
11-16-2012, 03:37 AM
People haven't been very helpful in-game, perhaps because it's an inconvenience to type on a smartphone in most cases. So I figured it's best to turn to the forum community, which appears to be more than helpful.

I've reached level 11 so far and I've maxed two skills ("Chest Splitter" and "Vengeful Blood"), both of which I'm satisfied with. However, now I'm not sure which direction to go. What I'm wondering is whether or not my shouts/self buffs stack with each other. For example: I activate Vengeful Blood and immediately activate Juggernaut as well. Do I maintain the effects of both buffs, or does one of them cancel out the other?

Additionally, to avoid posting again and steering your feedback in separate directions - do you recommend taking a secondary combat skill in addition to Chest Splitter, and if yes, which would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. It's much appreciated!

TANKKAAR
11-16-2012, 06:35 AM
I am pure strength warrior and use 2 attacks with 2 buffs, at lvl 16 my skill build is :
5 skyward smash
5 whirlwind
3 Juggernaut
2 horn of renew
I didn't activate any taunts in my skills as I have no problem keeping agro during fights with mobs or bosses. But I am very happy with my build, I typically only use mana pots when fighting boss and VERY rarely use health at all :-)

Hope that helps
I didn't activate any of the

blakeary
11-16-2012, 06:45 AM
I can confirm the buffs from juggernaut and rally cry stack and the buffs from rally cry and vengeful blood stack. I'm assuming the buffs from juggernaut and vengeful blood do as well but I've never tried those together.

I commonly see other level 15/16 warriors use more than one combat skill. I'm looking for advice myself on what skills to use. I've tried them all, my favorite combination is skyward smash and windmill. I like chest splitter but it isn't as flashy.

Rot
11-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I am pure strength warrior and use 2 attacks with 2 buffs, at lvl 16 my skill build is :
5 skyward smash
5 whirlwind
3 Juggernaut
2 horn of renew
I didn't activate any taunts in my skills as I have no problem keeping agro during fights with mobs or bosses. But I am very happy with my build, I typically only use mana pots when fighting boss and VERY rarely use health at all :-)

Hope that helps

Sounds cool! :D

blakeary
11-16-2012, 06:59 AM
5 skyward smash
5 whirlwind
3 Juggernaut
2 horn of renew

Hope that helps

I think I prefer rally cry over juggernaut. Without going into too much detail juggernaut has a 45 second cool down and lasts 15 seconds while rally cry has a 20 second cool down and lasts 12 seconds (with lungs of might). I tested them both with a stop watch, charged/uncharged didn't affect the duration. Rally cry has almost twice the up time.

Sledge
11-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Awesome, thank you. I'll definitely consider those skills. I dropped a point into "Horn of Renew" and the heal works surprisingly well, especially when in a party and encountering large groups of mobs at a time. I'm not sure if I'll keep it in the long run, as I'm still undecided on my spec, but I do like the hybrid feel that it adds.

Montanabro
11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
*Lungs of Might increases the duration of the spell by 10 seconds--in order words, it goes from an 8 second spell to an 18 second spell.

blakeary
11-16-2012, 11:49 PM
No no no I made this long reply and it didn't post. Anyways here is what I've tested/confirmed. Rally cry with lungs of might only increases the duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds. I timed it with a stopwatch, try it yourself. Furthermore the 10% armor increase doesn't appear to work at all. Also juggernaut doesn't increase your health by 25% it's a set amount. At level 15 it's 300 uncharged or 500 charged.

Montanabro
11-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Yikes! Good to know. Ill check it out tonight.

ShadowGunX
11-17-2012, 06:53 AM
my build is pve build
4 skyward smash (no points to effortless execution)
4 windmill ( no point to cripple)
4 vengefull blood ( no point to adreline surge)
2 horn of renew ( no point to challenge nd increased ranged)
with this build i can easily defeat boss. my strategy (before fighting boss) is
charged vengefull blood>skyward smash>charged horn of renew> charged windmill> same. procedure till boss dies. i use pet det decreases enemies armour.
i dnt prefer juaggernaut coz it has long cooldwn. nd chest spliter dnt stunt enemy also

ShadowGunX
11-17-2012, 06:57 AM
5 skyward smash
5 whirlwind
3 Juggernaut
2 horn of renew

Hope that helps
dude u should give points to venegful blodd coz it can buff crit nd dmg. juggernaut is nt det usefull. horn of renew with a dmg boost can heal u enough

Sledge
11-17-2012, 01:35 PM
dude u should give points to venegful blodd coz it can buff crit nd dmg. juggernaut is nt det usefull. horn of renew with a dmg boost can heal u enough

I'm currently level 15 and I'm specced into Chest Splitter, Windmill, Vengeful Blood and Horn of Renew. Vengeful Blood (charged) is fantastic when using Chest Splitter followed up by a Windmill. I really hope they add additional skills in the future. I love the customization in this game, especially the ability to select the exact effects you want in each skill tree rather than being forced to take the ones you don't necessarily need. I think my head will explode into a celebratory confetti if shields ever make their way into the loot tables.

blakeary
11-18-2012, 03:40 AM
Update on Rally Cry...

I suspected 10% armor may not work because it doesn't update armor in the avatar screen. However I can confirm, at least to my satisfaction, that the armor buff DOES work. I recorded 250 attacks from a single enemy in the Kragg Tombs Level 1. No other players and no pets. Then I recoded 250 attacks with the buff. I took on average receive 10% less damage, furthermore without the buff the minimum damage I took was 14, with the buff it was 12.

However it still only lasts 12 seconds with lungs of might.

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Cool specs provided. Thanks everyone!

For awhile I was running Skyward Smash and Windmill along with Horn of Renew and Juggernaut. However, that my health rarely dipped below 50% and I was often waiting around for an attack to come off cooldown. So, I've gone into a heaver DPS build. Granted, I am only at Watch and recognzie I may need to add a defensive skill for elites, but this is working great now. Since I use plat and can always pop a health potion, I saw no need to have Juggernaut which is essentially a free couple health pots. This heavier DPS build lets me mow down mobs quickly for the small price of using a few extra health pots per run.

Current setup (I also use Flapjack so having 3 attacks doesn't deplete my mana; without mana regen you'd be popping mana pots as well):

Skyward Smash - 3 (not bottom two)
Chest Splitter - 3 (not middle two)
Windmill - 4 (not bottom one)
Horn of Renew - 4 (not bottom one)

Not sure what my level 16 skill will be. Perhaps the last upgrade under Horn for team play, or Decimation under Chest Splitter.

blakeary
11-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Cool specs provided. Thanks everyone!

For awhile I was running Skyward Smash and Windmill along with Horn of Renew and Juggernaut. However, that my health rarely dipped below 50% and I was often waiting around for an attack to come off cooldown. So, I've gone into a heaver DPS build. Granted, I am only at Watch and recognzie I may need to add a defensive skill for elites, but this is working great now. Since I use plat and can always pop a health potion, I saw no need to have Juggernaut which is essentially a free couple health pots. This heavier DPS build lets me mow down mobs quickly for the small price of using a few extra health pots per run.

Current setup (I also use Flapjack so having 3 attacks doesn't deplete my mana; without mana regen you'd be popping mana pots as well):

Skyward Smash - 3 (not bottom two)
Chest Splitter - 3 (not middle two)
Windmill - 4 (not bottom one)
Horn of Renew - 4 (not bottom one)

Not sure what my level 16 skill will be. Perhaps the last upgrade under Horn for team play, or Decimation under Chest Splitter.

I'm not an expert but this is exactly what I would use for anything pre-elite. I do kind of like decimation the chest splitter upgrade but otherwise I wouldn't change anything. You do need a pet like Flapjack with a good mana regen otherwise cycling through 3 attack abilities without vengeful blood you'll be drinking a lot of mana potions.

I've been messing around in elites so I'm "trying" to play the role of tank. I've picked up both rally cry and juggernaut. I ran through about half the elites with a random rogue and mage. I could hold aggro no problem but I would take a beating on bosses and group of 3+ enemies. I think I went through about 200 health potions and I'm pretty sure no one else had to use any lol. The hard part was on boss fights if I moved out of the way to avoid the boss attacks it seemed like my group member would get disoriented and end up getting one shot by the bosses big attacks. The last boss in the aqueducts a mage type kept killing my group members and he would heal faster then I could damage him. So eventually I just tucked myself in a corner and took a beating so they could just stand behind him and attack. I must have used close to 100 potions on that fight.

If I was good enough to avoid the attack and move him back into the same position, so nobody else had to move, I probably could of saved myself some potions.

It was a fun experience and I got a nice ring that was worth quite a bit so worth it I guess.

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm not an expert but this is exactly what I would use for anything pre-elite. I do kind of like decimation the chest splitter upgrade but otherwise I wouldn't change anything. You do need a pet like Flapjack with a good mana regen otherwise cycling through 3 attack abilities without vengeful blood you'll be drinking a lot of mana potions.

I've been messing around in elites so I'm "trying" to play the role of tank. I've picked up both rally cry and juggernaut. I ran through about half the elites with a random rogue and mage. I could hold aggro no problem but I would take a beating on bosses and group of 3+ enemies. I think I went through about 200 health potions and I'm pretty sure no one else had to use any lol. The hard part was on boss fights if I moved out of the way to avoid the boss attacks it seemed like my group member would get disoriented and end up getting one shot by the bosses big attacks. The last boss in the aqueducts a mage type kept killing my group members and he would heal faster then I could damage him. So eventually I just tucked myself in a corner and took a beating so they could just stand behind him and attack. I must have used close to 100 potions on that fight.

If I was good enough to avoid the attack and move him back into the same position, so nobody else had to move, I probably could of saved myself some potions.

It was a fun experience and I got a nice ring that was worth quite a bit so worth it I guess.

Good stuff. This is helpful to read as I think ahead to tanking with private groups. I trust you used Whirlwind and Smash as yoru two attacks? And how was Rally Cry instead of Horn? That seems like an awful lot of health pots but perhaps there is no way around it as a tank.

blakeary
11-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Good stuff. This is helpful to read as I think ahead to tanking with private groups. I trust you used Whirlwind and Smash as yoru two attacks? And how was Rally Cry instead of Horn? That seems like an awful lot of health pots but perhaps there is no way around it as a tank.

I actually went full defensive... juggernaut, rally cry, horn of renew, and windmill. I'm not saying it was the best idea but my goal was to basically just try to hold aggro and survive and rely on my teammates for more of the damage. Juggernaut health and 20% damage reduction lasts 15 seconds with 45 sec cool down, and rally cry +10% armor and +25% dodge lasts 12 seconds with 20 second cool down. So what I would do is cycle them. Rally cry for 12 seconds, then juggernaut for 15 seconds, then rally cry is ready again for 12 seconds then wait a few seconds and repeat.

I kind of needed the horn of renew for the taunt, being able to taunt every 15 seconds was crucial. The mage and rogue I was with would die in seconds if they got aggro. If I were to drop anything it would be juggernaut since it's got the long cooldown.

One thing I'd like to try is staggering blow, the chest splitter upgrade for it's ability to interrupt an enemies windup attack. If I could of stopped the bosses from using their big attack every 3 seconds I would of saved myself 150+ health potions. I just don't know if it's guarnteed to work and how hard it is to get the timing right.

ShadowGunX
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
idk y u all neglecting vengefull blood? it gives mana with a crit nd dmg buff at same time. its an important skill for warrior.

Sledge
11-18-2012, 11:00 AM
idk y u all neglecting vengefull blood? it gives mana with a crit nd dmg buff at same time. its an important skill for warrior.

I don't think I could enjoy my warrior without it. Vengeful Blood is single-handedly the difference between dropping enemies slowly and living up to my beard's reputation.

Heroelite
11-18-2012, 09:02 PM
The last upgrade in vengeful blood is extremely useful, it increases str by 50 with a charged which heals you for 500 health and increases your maximum health supply by 500.

Montanabro
11-19-2012, 12:09 AM
I actually went full defensive... juggernaut, rally cry, horn of renew, and windmill. I'm not saying it was the best idea but my goal was to basically just try to hold aggro and survive and rely on my teammates for more of the damage. Juggernaut health and 20% damage reduction lasts 15 seconds with 45 sec cool down, and rally cry +10% armor and +25% dodge lasts 12 seconds with 20 second cool down. So what I would do is cycle them. Rally cry for 12 seconds, then juggernaut for 15 seconds, then rally cry is ready again for 12 seconds then wait a few seconds and repeat.

I kind of needed the horn of renew for the taunt, being able to taunt every 15 seconds was crucial. The mage and rogue I was with would die in seconds if they got aggro. If I were to drop anything it would be juggernaut since it's got the long cooldown.

One thing I'd like to try is staggering blow, the chest splitter upgrade for it's ability to interrupt an enemies windup attack. If I could of stopped the bosses from using their big attack every 3 seconds I would of saved myself 150+ health potions. I just don't know if it's guarnteed to work and how hard it is to get the timing right.

I too would like to try this all out defensive build, but every public group I get into usually ends up needing DPS to keep up so I stick with my 3 attack skill lineup. Often this is because there are only 1 or 2 others and usually there is at least one other warrior. I am excited to try a full tank build tho!

blakeary
11-22-2012, 03:49 AM
The buffs from vengeful blood are great, it just doesn't last long enough for me to justify it. I think when I tested it, the buffs last 12-13 seconds out of 30. With a mana regen pet like Flapjack or Nexus I never run out of mana. I'm not saying it's bad just not a must have for me due to the duration of the buffs.

Montanabro
11-22-2012, 04:57 AM
The buffs from vengeful blood are great, it just doesn't last long enough for me to justify it. I think when I tested it, the buffs last 12-13 seconds out of 30. With a mana regen pet like Flapjack or Nexus I never run out of mana. I'm not saying it's bad just not a must have for me due to the duration of the buffs.

I generally agree. Certainly this is true for Warriors tanking elite maps. With that said, I'm doing Kraag runs for leveling and went into a full DPS build that utilized Vengeful Blood. The skill works great and is more useful than other I could put in, as I have 3 attacks plus this buff.

blakeary
11-22-2012, 08:07 AM
I generally agree. Certainly this is true for Warriors tanking elite maps. With that said, I'm doing Kraag runs for leveling and went into a full DPS build that utilized Vengeful Blood. The skill works great and is more useful than other I could put in, as I have 3 attacks plus this buff.

I agree anything outside elites I would just go full DPS. Vengeful blood, maybe horn of renewal, 2-3 attack abilities.

I think if I had really good gear, like some of those warriors who have a Trollbane with 80-110+ total DPS you could kill fast enough in elites you don't need to worry about defensive abilities. Imagine that DPS with 25% damage buff. More than likely you got a few friends with similar gear just rolling through maps to quick to worry about getting hurt. Too bad last I check a good Trollbane goes for 1mil +. Long ways off for me.