PDA

View Full Version : My opinions on daily blessings

noperly22
11-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow, i just did 9 characters 5th day blessing . i got 6 antenas and the rest were combos, no gold or platinum. Sts fix this as fast as possible because this is gonna make a h**la lot of people leave. I thought you would want people to keep playing. But i guess i will still play, i just liked that little boost of plat. It wasnt even really enough to really expand on but just to help a little. Thanks anyways though >:I

WEll on a side note anyone want signatures? visit my sig shop in the link in my signature

And im buying lilith helm and armor lvl 61

Rare
11-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow, i just did 9 characters 5th day blessing . i got 6 antenas and the rest were combos, no gold or platinum. Sts fix this as fast as possible because this is gonna make a h**la lot of people leave. I thought you would want people to keep playing. But i guess i will still play, i just liked that little boost of plat. It wasnt even really enough to really expand on but just to help a little. Thanks anyways though >:I

WEll on a side note anyone want signatures? visit my sig shop in the link in my signature

And im buying lilith helm and armor lvl 61

They removed plat and gold from blessings. So there is nothing to fix

noperly22
11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
yeah thats the point, they need to fix it and start doing it again, they are loosing so many players cause of it

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 11:26 AM
yeah thats the point, they need to fix it and start doing it again, they are loosing so many players cause of it

I agree. The blessing allowed for Spacetime to dish out the excuse, "The game is free. You can get free platinum easily." They just cut their own legs out from under them. At the same time, they couldn't allow it to continue because people will abbuse it and they'll lose money either way.

In my opinion, just make a daily blessing associated with your account, not your characters. No one will make a billion accounts because you can't transfer platinum. Another solution is to make a maximum amount of characters than can recieve daily blessings. For instance 10 characters can recieve blessings each day.

I really don't understand spacetime's solution. But then again, I never do.

Pakax
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Again a problem of consistency i fear.

xbabybugszx
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Why do yall complain so damn much? Like really... Yall should be thankful that they even did this for us. We were doing alright without the blessings, and now yall just want more. The game is free to play. You create an account for FREE, you get to do quests for FREE, you can chat & make new friends for FREE, and you can enjoy the game for FREE! If yall cant make it in the games without complaining about plat then maybe this game isnt for you.

I am thankful that STS does creative things for us, and keeps adding new things for us to enjoy, but they dont have to do things for people that take stuff for granted & ask for more. They arnt made of money, so why should they keep providing? The game is great on its own, sure plat adds to the game, but you can live without it. Personally i got around 500plat just by doing the tapjoy offers, so you can say that there arnt easy ways to recieve plat.

Thanks STS!
Love:
-Trust

Akaee
11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
All u get is for free. I get more usable combo since the update. THE vanities i dont care about in my case so i am happy. The fact the abuse of free plat and gold is stopped is a good cause for the casual player. The abusers only stashed up plat and gold making more drops than others, leveling faster and making prices rise in cs since they could pay whatever they wanted imo.

GrammerPatrol
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Why do yall complain so damn much? Like really... Yall should be thankful that they even did this for us. We were doing alright without the blessings, and now yall just want more. The game is free to play. You create an account for FREE, you get to do quests for FREE, you can chat & make new friends for FREE, and you can enjoy the game for FREE! If yall cant make it in the games without complaining about plat then maybe this game isnt for you.

I am thankful that STS does creative things for us, and keeps adding new things for us to enjoy, but they dont have to do things for people that take stuff for granted & ask for more. They arnt made of money, so why should they keep providing? The game is great on its own, sure plat adds to the game, but you can live without it. Personally i got around 500plat just by doing the tapjoy offers, so you can say that there arnt easy ways to recieve plat.

Thanks STS!
Love:
-Trust

Try trial play its much better then w3i, and the word I think your looking for is "dam" not "damn".

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM

Thanks STS!
Love:
-Trust

I'm assuming that you didn't read the comments because no one complained except the op. And with good reason, at that. How far can they take it before the game is no longer free to play? Where do you draw the line? "Technically" they could charge plat for every single map and the game would still be "free to play." Why? Because we have ways of accumulating free platinum. The more these ways get demolished, for instance they got rid of tapjoy and daily blessings, the less "free to play" the game becomes.

I love sts as well. They've provided me with more fun through gaming than I could ever ask for. For that I am thankful. The issue here, however, is not whether we love sts or not. The issue is how far are they going to take this plat thing? Over the last two years I've watched them take it farther and farther and still farther without stopping to catch a breath. I breathed a sigh of relief when they came out with daily blessings because I thought it meant a step toward a more casual, free to play game. Now that they take that away, I fear I'm gonna faint from all this progression.

I feel as if they've said I'll be running a 5k, when, in fact, I'm actually running a 20k. Oh, but they're giving me water breaks every mile.

Energizeric
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Plenty of people played pocket legends long before they ever had daily blessings. So I doubt removing them is going to stop people from playing. If the only reason you were playing was to collect your daily blessing, then probably best you find a game you actually enjoy playing.

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Plenty of people played pocket legends long before they ever had daily blessings. So I doubt removing them is going to stop people from playing. If the only reason you were playing was to collect your daily blessing, then probably best you find a game you actually enjoy playing.

Long before they had blessings they had tapjoy and not near as much of a focus on platinum as they do now.

I doubt the reasons he plays is for daily blessings. He plays for the same reasons as anyone, to have fun. When platinum begins to restrict someone's fun, they come to the forums to complain.

Akaee
11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm assuming that you didn't read the comments because no one complained except the op. And with good reason, at that. How far can they take it before the game is no longer free to play? Where do you draw the line? "Technically" they could charge plat for every single map and the game would still be "free to play." Why? Because we have ways of accumulating free platinum. The more these ways get demolished, for instance they got rid of tapjoy and daily blessings, the less "free to play" the game becomes.

I love sts as well. They've provided me with more fun through gaming than I could ever ask for. For that I am thankful. The issue here, however, is not whether we love sts or not. The issue is how far are they going to take this plat thing? Over the last two years I've watched them take it farther and farther and still farther without stopping to catch a breath. I breathed a sigh of relief when they came out with daily blessings because I thought it meant a step toward a more casual, free to play game. Now that they take that away, I fear I'm gonna faint from all this progression.

I feel as if they've said I'll be running a 5k, when, in fact, I'm actually running a 20k. Oh, but they're giving me water breaks every mile.

Fyi, there was a time we payed for every map, but only old schoolers know. At these days all is so much easier and yet so many complaints ....

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Fyi, there was a time we payed for every map, but only old schoolers know. At these days all is so much easier and yet so many complaints ....

Thank you, sir. I actually am aware of this. I have my little founder shield thingy to prove it. The game was less plat oriented during that time than it is now. That is not an opinion. That is a fact.

Roberto077
11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
ugh...... READ THE UPDATES

Suentous PO
11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Try trial play its much better then w3i, and the word I think your looking for is "dam" not "damn".

Dam- noun
a barrier to obstruct the flow of water, especially one of earth, masonry, etc., built across a stream or river.
a body of water confined by a dam.
any barrier resembling a dam.

Damn
- verb (used with object)
to declare (something) to be bad, unfit, invalid, or illegal.
to condemn as a failure: to damn a play.
to bring condemnation upon; ruin.
to doom to eternal punishment or condemn to hell.
to swear at or curse, using the word “damn”: Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

-post patrol vs grammer Patrol

Gg

Akaee
11-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Thank you, sir. I actually am aware of this. I have my little founder shield thingy to prove it. The game was less plat oriented during that time than it is now. That is not an opinion. That is a fact.

That sure is true. The egg hunt is bedt proof of it. Its going far like this.

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 03:26 PM
That sure is true. The egg hunt is bedt proof of it. Its going far like this.

What do you mean by that? As in "going far like this"? What exactly do you mean when you say that?

Snakespeare
11-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Actually, we didn't pay for ALL zones. At first you could get to L13 for free (Forest Haven granted xp to 13, or 10 +3), then they added Dark Forest to the free part and you could get to 18. They also added PvP and a LOT of L19 pinks (easy to get off Brom Dandy and later off Zyla Doom). So that's why the first twinks were L19. With the L19 gear, a player who bought Balefort Castle for 10 plat (correct me if I misremembered, Micah) could easily rack up lots of PvP kills against players who were playing for free.

At that time, elixirs were 1500 for a 2x that lasted 5 minutes. Other than some special gear, that was not actually as good as the gear that dropped, all you could get with plat was more zones and more slots.

The change to f2p included a change from gold elixirs to plat elixirs. After much pleading, they restored gold elixirs, but made them 1.5x in potency, and they added 3x and 4x elixirs for additional plat.

So, of course, the gold sink disappeared. Before it, you could run Sandstone Halls on a 1500 gold armor pot (tanker's ale) and earn just about enough to buy another for the next run. Prices for pinks were much lower back then, obviously. Since then, gold drops were increased, mobs were nerfed, and the game started to have millionaires.

But I do think STS was in "start-up" mode. They needed a strong player base, and they only had the one game in development. I believe the staff was about 25% of today's staff, too.

So it was a different scenario. But yeah, the game up to level 45 was not so plat-oriented.

Deadbite
11-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Here's the thing.... In the begging (sewer and earlier caps) MAPS WERE NOT FREE!! Sts had one game PL and they cared about us. I saved up for weeks with free plat to buy each map. Then they made maps free.. A slap in the face to all people like me.. THEN they made Elix cost gold effectively ruining much of the strategy needed to clear levels and bosses and for those with no thrasher well we were screwed .. But then they took tapjoy again gir a brief time and replaced it with a video each day ti watch for 1plat wrll it totaly failed.. Tap joy went back and we struggled to save up plat to buy those thrashers... Went on this way for a while.. Sts stoped caring about the community and all they wanted was money money money! Then ssc, shadow caves, skeller crunch returns, and the like was made free.. Yet another slap in the face to players like me who paid for those maps... Then daily blessing!!! Finally a step in the right direction!! But some assholes who don't really need it because they have the money to spend on games like these decided that they would creat plat farming armies of alts... And this effectively ruined it after making so many steps backwards and one step forward after all this time they revoke it and ruin one of the few ways we competed with the people who buy plat and can afford it... Making this game go from "free or very cheap to play, win and have fun" (sewers and before then) to how it is now... A steady decline.. Just my opinion. I know many others share this with me.

Jcyee
11-16-2012, 11:59 PM
I kinda soubt theyre losing players. If anything they were losing money from the blessings. Just be glad youre getting free elixirs

Pokechmp
11-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Remember that... When they switched, I realized so much money went down the drain.

noperly22
11-17-2012, 03:51 PM
well trial play you still have to pay for half the stuff there , and they only rarely have new offers there that are free every other week, so i dont see how that would be best

noperly22
11-17-2012, 03:53 PM
true we did have to pay for some maps, that was such a hastle, but that was while we had the tapjoy link through your phone.

Rare
11-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I kinda soubt theyre losing players. If anything they were losing money from the blessings. Just be glad youre getting free elixirs

hmmm no, I don't agree. I know many players that came back when blessings were introduced. Because of the ability to get free plat. They are like me. Can't justify spending money on 3 games from STS. Those players have left or are on their way out. Myself included. The blessings were really what pulled me back in for a short time before BSM came out and provided some relief from the monotony of grinding.

Sadly, that's gone, and so is most of my interest in PL. Hopefully the Holiday event is free to play. Otherwise, I won't be back for that either.

I personally think there were much better ways to address the blessings problem, but those avenues were not explored. Instead, I feel like STS went a little overboard by removing it completely, and thus drove off a lot of players. This is just my opinion.

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 11:15 AM
hmmm no, I don't agree. I know many players that came back when blessings were introduced. Because of the ability to get free plat. They are like me. Can't justify spending money on 3 games from STS. Those players have left or are on their way out. Myself included. The blessings were really what pulled me back in for a short time before BSM came out and provided some relief from the monotony of grinding.

Sadly, that's gone, and so is most of my interest in PL. Hopefully the Holiday event is free to play. Otherwise, I won't be back for that either.

I personally think there were much better ways to address the blessings problem, but those avenues were not explored. Instead, I feel like STS went a little overboard by removing it completely, and thus drove off a lot of players. This is just my opinion.

Out of thanks...I agree. I was just getting ready to get into Pl again. As of now, I've only one active character. I'll spend the rest of the free plat I got to try and make some kind of second character but honestly don't know if I'll play em.

The ironic part is that after the free blessings came out I got a 10$ plat pack. I guess that was the idea behind the free plat, to get you interested in plat. Apparently it just didn't work to benefit sts.

Rare
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Out of thanks...I agree. I was just getting ready to get into Pl again. As of now, I've only one active character. I'll spend the rest of the free plat I got to try and make some kind of second character but honestly don't know if I'll play em.

The ironic part is that after the free blessings came out I got a 10$ plat pack. I guess that was the idea behind the free plat, to get you interested in plat. Apparently it just didn't work to benefit sts.

Well my thing is... I've already spent so much on that game (probably not much at all compared to some people)... I just can't justify spending more. The free plat was keeping me around and making things a little interesting. At least I logged in for 5 or 10 minutes every day.

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Well my thing is... I've already spent so much on that game (probably not much at all compared to some people)... I just can't justify spending more. The free plat was keeping me around and making things a little interesting. At least I logged in for 5 or 10 minutes every day.

I know what you mean. Games like Halo, MW3, Assassins creed, etc. are all one time payments. Once I've exceeded around 50-60 bucks on a an online game, it becomes very frustrating, indeed if I have to continue spending to succeed.