PDA

View Full Version : The Contest Contest

Rare
11-16-2012, 09:57 AM

Alright, so I've decided to hang up my Pocket Legends boots. I don't have time to play 3 titles, so I've decided Pocket Legends is the odd pixel out. Its been a great run and I've met a lot of great people (who I hope will either join Dark Legends or Arcane Legends). I'm not deleting my toons, but I'll be emptying most of my inventory.

So to start it off, I've been trying to come up with a contest and decided to have a series to facilitate my house cleaning.

The Contest Contest

I'm having a tough time coming up with a great contest to give away some really great stuff. So, the objective of this contest is to devise a contest as the next in the series. Post your ideas here. I'll take up to two. See below for the great prizes. Lets get thinking people.

Rules

The rules are limited but here they are:

1. The contest must not violate Spacetime Studios Terms of Service.
2. I'm going for two great ideas. If I don't see an idea that I feel is fitting, I will not award the prizes (I also promise to not use your idea). So come with your best.
3. I will of course announce the winners at the end of 1 week. Unless I find two I love enough to stop it early.
4. While not likely, I reserve the right to not host the winning ideas (in case I decide to stay... doubtful). I will, of course, award the winners with the prizes below.
5. Please only one submission.

Prizes

First Place: Red Dragon Mystery Armor
Second Place: Blue Dragon Mystery Helmet

I'll actually give the first place winner the choice between the two.

The first 10 submissions will get 100k gold

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 10 Entries:

1. Chiti*
2. Gluttony*
3. Matutd
4. TheMiracleBird
5. 25thninja
6. thekdub (ign???)
7. Jcyee
8. XRenmartX
9. Roc
10. Kcimythgim*

* = Awarded in game

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20363&d=1353354195 WINNERS!!!http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20363&d=1353354195

First Place: Gluttony*
Second Place: GoodSyntax*

Chiti
11-16-2012, 10:16 AM
So here is my idea,
The items you wanna give away can be give awayed the best by this.
First: You will take a screenshot of a item which want to be give awayed.
Second: Zoom in, in some part of it and blur it.
Third: Give a small clue/hint.
Fourth: Let the people guess the items.
Fifth: Each person can guess only 2 items.
Sixth: So the first person to name a correct item gets the item.
And, when your items are all gone then..
You can organise a contest in the same thread which will ask for a good name/signature. Either in Dark Legends or in Arcane Legends. Then you will ask them to design good items for Dark/Arcane legends. The best design will get prize money and all. Here's my idea :D!
Hope the best wishes to all!:) Good Luck!:)

Gluttony
11-16-2012, 10:19 AM
How about a Which Celeb Am I? game

Everyone who enters must post a head shot of a celeb they think you mostly resemble. At the end of the contest you post a pic of yourself side by side with the pic of the winning head shot, or maybe place the top 5 or so side by side for a vote.

Matutd
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
First of all... Nothing artistic haha
What about editing posts in threads, however instead of making.people search for thek (because that's boring) they have to do something to receive a link to the thread, like make a story etc. So it's like more contests in one contest. Obviously you pm them the link and then eventually they have to tell you a sentence that you composed from the edits. Winner is the first to reveal the sentence.

Bless
11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
1. You could do a picture contest like find waldo (ones like knockador does)

2. Do a guess what im wearing contest where the entry has to guess what hat or any items ur wearing in game :)

3. How about best equips contest where entry wears their best looking gear and u judge

4. Riddle contest - You can come up with a riddle and give a prize to whoever gives the right answer!

5. You can make a pvp tournament

6. poetry/rap contests =]

7. Guess how much gold i have in my stash contest- you put random amount of gold in stash and the person has to guess how much gold u have in stash...

8. Find me contest- hide in a random town and the entrants have to find u

9. Guess my name and age! They have to guess what ur name is ane how old u are (kinda personal)

10. Story contest? Contestants could write a story on your selected genre

11. Trivia contest! You can have like 10 questions and whoever gets all/most right wins

12. Most memorable PL moments contest? Entrants write their most favourite/memorable moment in PL.

13. New class idea contest: Entrants come up with ideas of a whole new class - they think of skills, attributes, gear and (optional) draw the character eg. Chipmunk. You judge, Best idea gets a prize.

14. If there wasnt....contest- you have to say the outcome if there wasnt something in the game. Eg. If there wasnt cs in PL.....then a lot of people wouldnt have been rich.

15. PL movie trailer contest, people post a homemade movie trailer for PL.

16. PL best advertisement contest - make a website advertisement.

17. What is unique about you? Contest - people say what they have that others dont eg. Double jointed - most unique speciality wins

18. New PL level cap idea contest: Entrants come up with ideas of a whole new PL map - they think of what kind of enemies it has, design, effects, bosses and gear and (optional) draw a preview eg. Underwater map. You judge, Best idea gets a prize.

19. Design an emote contest players design the wackiest, funniest and most bad*** emote ever!

20. Name that item contest blur out an item and show that item on a character, the players have to guess that item!

21. New PL theme song contest Players have to make a completely new PL theme song.

22. Design a face contest people design a face for each of the classes in PL, you pick winner.

23. Knock knock joke contest players tell knock knock jokes, u pick funniest.

My ign is Miraclebird

25thninja
11-16-2012, 10:46 AM
How about you do a what will the next level cap be what skills, what bosses/mobs, what gear, questss, draw a picture to describe..

Ign: Leiekueboz

Semi-copyright <trollee>

25thninja
11-16-2012, 10:48 AM
So here is my idea,
The items you wanna give away can be give awayed the best by this.
First: You will take a screenshot of a item which want to be give awayed.
Second: Zoom in, in some part of it and blur it.
Third: Give a small clue/hint.
Fourth: Let the people guess the items.
Fifth: Each person can guess only 2 items.
Sixth: So the first person to name a correct item gets the item.
And, when your items are all gone then..
You can organise a contest in the same thread which will ask for a good name/signature. Either in Dark Legends or in Arcane Legends. Then you will ask them to design good items for Dark/Arcane legends. The best design will get prize money and all. Here's my idea :D!
Hope the best wishes to all!:) Good Luck!:)

Do that and you must put copyright <Zaltiar>

thekdub
11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Put a low-level toon in any town (don't hide). First person to give you 1k gold wins. It's funny to see the reactions from the other low-levels in that town (and other towns) that get spammed with 1k gold donations.

Jcyee
11-16-2012, 01:55 PM
A drawing contest! But i rather tricky one lol. You give us details about yourself, then we try to draw you, without you giving us a picture of yourself. Unless you posted to one of the picture threads...

XRenmartX
11-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Make up your dream set contest for each of the elite level cap design a new set for each sewers, nuri, fang, humania,blacksmoke etc. Draw your design and describe the set make up the stats, effects, names, look etc. So basicaly a creative contest to make up dream sets that correspond to the dungeons.
IGN: Renmart

Roc
11-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Why not have a contest to design armor that makes a set with the other pets?

I think the next big pets after dragons are the spiders (maybe minotaurs), so a spider armor design contest! Or maybe.....pffft, balloon armor design contest? ;)

Or for those that are...working on their arts and not quite that good with them (*cough* like me *cough cough*), there is a lot of openness with the lore of Alterra. There could be a contest to devise the origin stories of the 3 races, why they teamed up with the Queen, or even why/how the battle against monsters began (adding depth to the story rather than taking it as a good vs. evil plot). So many games have expansive lore, and I think Pocket Legends could integrate some!

kcimythgim
11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
How about a contest where you give us hints about a certain character (like a new toon that you've created that nobody knows the name of) such as hints about armor and location and the winner is the first person to find you and message you a code word

Aressgodxx
11-16-2012, 07:27 PM
OMG everything is taken.. How about (sorry if i repeat anything) :

Costume contest for who looks coolest, funniest, abstract, Towne theme costume ( As in if swamps a upside down frog hat with a croc head and green swampyish armor ) Most coolest color costume: All one color but really cool (can be mix color contest with limited different color And if the armor is 85% green it counts.

MEME CONTESTS ONE PL RELATED

Slogan for PL with a picture (kind of like a meme but not funny more serious) something like: PL isn't bad for your life. You have been prepared for competition in real world ( talking about PL PVP)

PVP CONTEST WITH RULES ( rules like: No rushing no founders )

contest for best essay on PL lol

contest where best ideas for a new kind of content for pl and you choose you favorite

Make a mix video of clips of random people saying words and make it into a video. ( one person says a word) Like: well... P...L... is great... Because.... there... is .... competition... and... no.. etc

guess favorite song contest or band or GUESS SOMETHING

Best guild name contest

Best weapon designer contest

Best poem or hicu

BEST CREATED ORIGINAL PL riddles or solve these PL riddles: "I am a level between 1-50 i wear a frog on my head and a croc as a shield, my armor begins with 'S'" What level am i? (possible answer so make restriction that only ONE guess is allowed) and winner will occur on the 1st three get the number i am thinking of.

Take a picture of a expensive item that is listed cheap in cs and show it to you in game and post a picture of the item before buying it. Also show a picture of YOUR character so that that you will know someone didnt just put demonic in cs for 1k then take it out.

PL RACE!

PL funniest videos?

How about u get a pvp level 1 tourney! 1 v 1 forest fight with referees. use any items wanted u have to use a level 1 only. (To make fair make it: bear vs level 1 bears. mages vs mages etc.)

i dont mind if you use my ideas :D

see ya in the game!

- Aressgodxx 73

Aressgodxx
11-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Do that and you must put copyright <Zaltiar>
You can COPYRIGHT an IDEA?!

Azataso
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Did I win yet?

Zapder
11-16-2012, 08:22 PM
just hide somewhere in blacksmoke, and select a time and the first person who finds who wins maybe do it on a secret alt s no ones on your friend list\

:P

Arexos
11-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Hiya, I've got three contest submissions.

My first submission is a treasure-trail or treasure-hunt. It's going to require some volunteers but I'm sure quite a few people would love to help if it's really good =P. You could riddle in quite a lot of puzzles, testing a player's knowledge and experience with Pocket Legends.

For example, 'Where Zombies and Rogue Knights roam the woods, I am where I stash treasure safe and sound from the trail of the undead'. Well this riddle refers to Amira's stash in Forest Haven! So you could have a volunteer kinda blend in disguise there, and when a player thinks that they are at the location there are supposed to be, they do a specific emote. The volunteer will then /tell the player the next clue! You can make it sort of like a da Vinci Code deal, it'll be epic :P.

My second submission is a short-story based upon Pocket Legends lore. So contestants will have to write a creative short-story based upon Pocket Legends, it could be a comedy, adventure, romantic tale(lol). I think it'll really push out some creativity from the players!

Third submission- A Pocket-legends retelling of a popular film. So basically, the contestant would create a short-movie using Pocket Legends footage that would be a tribute to a popular film.

Doodlebeast
11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi :) my idea is pretty simple...
Tell people to guess what contest your holding!

Ign: onyxbleak

bramer
11-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Design the next campaign! You would have to include: name of town, what the sets are, boss names and enemy ideas,and what lvl it would be for.

Design a new legends game! Pretty straight forward. You would have to basically design everything about it, including: town names, lvl cap, game name, background, weapons, enemies etc. You would automatically win if sts decided to make your game.

This is bramer - signing out

Noodleleg
11-16-2012, 09:05 PM
It's the... Scavenger/PvP/Word Search Contest!

How to play:

1.) Like nightmare antennas, people will be given a clue a day to solve what the answer is.
2.) You use that word and make a password-locked game in Forest Fight.
3.) The person that can successfully guess your password, find a way to join the game when you make it, and kills you will win!

So again... Find password. Join game. Kill you. Win.

Ign: Noodleleg

You're probably going to be bored, sittin' all day waiting for a person to join lol... Have fun and happy trails!

GoodSyntax
11-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Create a new crafting contest where you define a set of crating materials and gear for different items. For instance:

CRAFTING RECIPE FOR
Level 70 Tiki Crusher of Emotion

- 2x Vampiric Blade Silver
- 1x Presto Gem
- 1x Cloth Scrap
- 1x Level 50 Battlesword of the Rift
- 1x Level 35 Dreamers Bony Fire Pin
- 1x Level 25 War Hammer of Legend

First to find you and trade the requested materials gets the item. Obviously, the equipment should be relatively worthless - Trash items would probably work out well, since they are not popular in CS.

You could make this a "Daily" crafting quest where each day it is a different list of crafting items and gear with a different item or reward.

It would be really cool if your Guild could assist in this, so you could have 3-4 Crafting Recipies of the day - or better yet, since you can't be on all day, announce a time slot and location, for instance 12:00 - 1:00 PM EST, Forest Haven.

25thninja
11-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Nice one noodle
He got fpde winner

Alalakcity
11-17-2012, 05:13 AM
oh i love give ideas to someone... :emmersed:

so here my ideas for contest

1. Mysterious room, so you make a dungeon and then make password, & password is the mystery give clue...like name someone NPC in forest heaven. (maybe almost same with noodleleg, he steal my ideas in AOA contest, if you not believe me you can check it)

2. worst player, dress up your character with ugly/worst item & share the screenshot...then you choose the winner

3. mix several boss, take a picture from some boss and make them crazy, like head from yeti, body from vlod, and foot from emma ( need photoshp i see )

4. naked pvp, umm you can fight with your friend but no weapon, no armor, no vanity, no ring..just skill (its difficult because need honesty)

5. catch a pink, make dungeon with much bosses and ask people to get pink as much he can, ( not fair if someone use combo,elix, or vanity give better luck)

6. make a crazy sound, yeah some group make a stupid sound maybe from emote or skill..chose the best ( maybe they can make song, lol )

sorry for bad english...and uh from noddle im sure you not steal, but i dont know what the right words to say if u repost ideas from me...lol

IGN:Alalakcity

Doodlebeast
11-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I have my second idea!!!!!
How bout a PL style amazing race!?

In case u don't know how to play :
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race

noperly22
11-19-2012, 12:04 AM
The Flash mob Contest

How to play...
1. You pick a set, or a bunch of items that could be really popular in an area
2. You tell everyone in an area/town to put that set or those items on
3. Tell us what those items are that people will be wearing in your flash mob photo
4. The person with a picture of the most people in the same area, and with the most sets of those items alike, wins, 200k-1m

Thanks, and i actually really want to try this.

Goodluck! and congradulations to those who win:D

noperly22
11-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Okay now here for my second one xD

The Toga (http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&safe=active&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ugp2cPecoSFzxM:&imgrefurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2009/01/&docid=97C22w_cuT_2iM&imgurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/files/2009/01/toga-party-007.jpg&w=1200&h=713&ei=FcGpUMGiJsPWygHix4DIBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=851&vpy=160&dur=2925&hovh=173&hovw=291&tx=157&ty=96&sig=118212802091727189502&page=1&tbnh=134&tbnw=227&start=0&ndsp=75&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:88) Contest.

How to play...
1. You take a picture of your character with your phone or computer
2. You take that picture and save it to word or Photoshop or some picture editing system
3. You crop in a toga (http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&safe=active&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ugp2cPecoSFzxM:&imgrefurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2009/01/&docid=97C22w_cuT_2iM&imgurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/files/2009/01/toga-party-007.jpg&w=1200&h=713&ei=FcGpUMGiJsPWygHix4DIBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=851&vpy=160&dur=2925&hovh=173&hovw=291&tx=157&ty=96&sig=118212802091727189502&page=1&tbnh=134&tbnw=227&start=0&ndsp=75&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:88) around your character, it can be any color
4. submit your picture back into the thread
5. The person with the best Photoshop job and the best color that maybe matches what your character is wearing wins, (Money of your ammount)

This would be an ultra fun contest because i recently went to a real life toga party :P

note that it doesn't just have to be the toga (http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&safe=active&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ugp2cPecoSFzxM:&imgrefurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2009/01/&docid=97C22w_cuT_2iM&imgurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/files/2009/01/toga-party-007.jpg&w=1200&h=713&ei=FcGpUMGiJsPWygHix4DIBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=851&vpy=160&dur=2925&hovh=173&hovw=291&tx=157&ty=96&sig=118212802091727189502&page=1&tbnh=134&tbnw=227&start=0&ndsp=75&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:88) put onto your character, you could have multiple items from that era, but must also have a toga (http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&safe=active&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ugp2cPecoSFzxM:&imgrefurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2009/01/&docid=97C22w_cuT_2iM&imgurl=http://ehgazette.blogs.brynmawr.edu/files/2009/01/toga-party-007.jpg&w=1200&h=713&ei=FcGpUMGiJsPWygHix4DIBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=851&vpy=160&dur=2925&hovh=173&hovw=291&tx=157&ty=96&sig=118212802091727189502&page=1&tbnh=134&tbnw=227&start=0&ndsp=75&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:88) on

Thanks, and again best luck to everyone!

Rare
11-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas everyone.

I've updated the OP with the people with the first 10 ideas. I'll find you in game ASAP to give you your rewards.

As for the contest, I think I have the two I really like, but I'll give it until this evening. So if you haven't posted yet, give it a shot.

And as a suggestion, please give only your best. Chances are, if you list 50 suggestions, I'll probably not read most of it. I'm lazy. Hence this contest.

Sacrados
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
How about something original and fair, I was thinking PvP tournament, but that takes a long time, and it's not really fair if a high level is going up against a lower one, and if your team sucks
So I suggest:
1) Your items should go to someone who is kind natured in the game, like a good nature contest, but you don't tell anyone about it, meaning you either make a new level 1 toon, or hire a level 1 toon, to go to Balefort Castle at random times of the day and beg people for money, like 500 gold or anything random, and the people who give you whatever stuff you're asking for win an item

2) An elite weapon drawing contest, meaning that each person submits a drawing for their idea of how a new elite weapon should look like for each class; each contestant can design up to 3 ite

Rare
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey everyone... thanks for participating!!! All great ideas. I had a lot of fun in PL, and I hope I can give back to a few good people. So stay tuned for some other great contests. Thanks again. Winners are posted in the OP.

Also, if you are on the list of the first 10, find me in game... or I'll find you.

Doodlebeast
11-23-2012, 03:13 AM
Is this contest still alive?
Oh and I updated my second idea

Aressgodxx
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Is this contest still alive?
Oh and I updated my second idea

Be helpful if you actually looked the post above you thanks :)

Rare
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Just one last update. Having a hard time finding you guys in game.

If you are interested in collecting the 100k reward, send me a PM with a time when you would be on. If you are not interested (I know, 100k is not much), PM me anyway and I'll give your reward to someone else. I am in the US eastern timezone (GMT - 5:00).

3. Matutd
4. TheMiracleBird
5. 25thninja
6. thekdub (ign???)
7. Jcyee
8. XRenmartX
9. Roc

noperly22
11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
if there not interested i am