PDA

View Full Version : Any reason to train more than 4 skills?

bjordan
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm guessing since there's only 4 slots for skills on the hotbar there's no reason to train more than 4 skills? Might as well max 4 out.

Probably obvious but just curious if anyone trains more to switch out and slightly modify their build without having to respec.

CrimsonTider
11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
I have more than 4. I am still testing but I use different skills for different scenarios.

Kanozaki
11-16-2012, 11:53 AM
You could have more than one skill and swap them out based on the scenario you are faced with.
or
You will have to decide on your play style and chose 4 skills which you think would suit you.

PikseliM
11-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I recommend to have only 4 skills :) Depends what class are you playing, but warrior doesnt really need more than 4 skills

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Once you have settled on a build I would put points in only 4 skills, otherwise you'll end up with two builds that are each relatively weaker.

crestmage
11-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I recommend to have only 4 skills :) Depends what class are you playing, but warrior doesnt really need more than 4 skills

I agree. :) Warrior class mostly relies on its stats and amount of hp, instead of skills like others (apart from buffs, of course. Buffs ftw!). On the other hand, having multiple skills ready to be switched in for rogues and mages may be a good tactic, especially when faced with bosses.

CrimsonTider
11-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I agree. :) Warrior class mostly relies on its stats and amount of hp, instead of skills like others (apart from buffs, of course. Buffs ftw!). On the other hand, having multiple skills ready to be switched in for rogues and mages may be a good tactic, especially when faced with bosses.

Warriors can also do the same. For now, buffs are only truly needed in "Elite" mode. Everyone has a different playstyle for different scenarios. That is the beauty of this game: diversity.

DontNerfMeBro
11-20-2012, 08:14 PM
training in more than 4 skills = fail.
The game has bottlenecked the point.

Jblazer
11-20-2012, 11:08 PM
training in more than 4 skills = fail.
The game has bottlenecked the point.

Not a fail,I use different skills for certain scenarios.

DontNerfMeBro
11-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Not a fail,I use different skills for certain scenarios.

then you're gimping yourself. just respec.

cjswogkstkdg
11-21-2012, 10:36 AM
then you're gimping yourself. just respec.
Gimmi plat pls

DontNerfMeBro
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Gimmi plat pls

ha. I hear ya.

dmspker
11-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Tip for noobs .: Always have one support skill , one direct damage and aoe :)

Phoenician1
11-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Whatever you decide to do at the current level, once the caps begins rising (lvl 20/21 coming soon) won't you have more points to spend? If so, why not start working on additional skills? (What else are you going to do with the skill points?)

jadepathology
12-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Agreed with Phoenician1 :)

Whatever you decide to do at the current level, once the caps begins rising (lvl 20/21 coming soon) won't you have more points to spend? If so, why not start working on additional skills? (What else are you going to do with the skill points?)

Energizeric
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Once you have settled on a build I would put points in only 4 skills, otherwise you'll end up with two builds that are each relatively weaker.

Agreed!

Ubernewber
12-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I say u stay with 4 since u can only use 4 at a time so make those 4skills better :P

Tree Dude
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
They are adding passive skills with the next update. That is where the extra points are gonna go. I am pretty happy where my skills are so I will probably dump all the other ones into passives.

kinzmet
01-26-2014, 01:23 AM
More than four skills is a tactic on pvp. ex, mage can use shield then switch that to an offensive skill or a warrior jugg+vb then switch to an offensive skill.
A lot of people do this on pvp specialy on 1v1 cases, they even change pets while in a fight (most popular change pet is nexus, to restore mana then switch back to offensive pet).
But this takes time to master, if your planning to do this then you must have a game plan or else you just wasted your skill point.