PDA

View Full Version : Android Force Close on Zoning - OS 2.2 and Sound

Samhayne
11-16-2012, 12:37 PM
The Spacetime Studios Development Team is currently tracking down a force close bug when zoning to a new area on Android devices. It appears to be tied to an audio issue with OS 2.2. If you are experiencing this issue, we'd appreciate it if you would list your device, version number and what version OS you are running.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue and thanks for contributing your info to help us get it fixed.

Edit 12/7/12 - A coming version of Arcane Legends will detect the OS and disable audio for devices running 2.2. This will prevent the crash, but you won't have sound.

Edit 12/17/12 - Android devices that would previously crash will now auto disable sound to prevent crashes.

Astrocat
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I do, Android 2.2 Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo! :)

PikseliM
11-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Crashes here too sometimes, Android 2.2.1 , Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) :)

MiroPicha
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I get frequent crashes when zoning or joining players in party or sometimes when tapping play from character menu I get a black screen and a force close after some loading.Android 2.2.1 Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 please fix it fast I cannot upgrade my android :(

dmspker
11-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Very much crashes while changing maps , 90% happens on rook nest , android 2.2.2 Samsung galaxy s 5.0 wifi

limitbreak
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Well mine crashes evrytime im entering rooks hideout what ever that name is -___-

Samsung infuse firmware 2.2

Folly
11-21-2012, 09:58 PM
This could be a different bug because I'm on Motorola Xoom Android 4.0.3 but I have zoning problems too. The loading page with the running dog shows for longer than usual when I try to move to a different zone then it says the server connection was lost and I need to log back in. I posted about it a while ago and sent a feedback email but just in case it's related I thought I should put it here too with more detail. The game is working OK on my Android 4.0.4 Galaxy Note phone (except it drains the battery and makes the screen super hot) so it's not my internet connection. I hope you can fix it. I love the game but I don't have the patience anymore to wait for it to connect to the server and log back in every 5 minutes. My first character wasn't bad because I could join friends to unlock the zones but now it takes forever to get to Kraag because I have to play each map multiple times before I can get through to the next one. Sorry for the long post but I hope it helped.
Thank you STS for trying to work through these bugs.

Fredobasy
11-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Samsung G S2

limitbreak
11-23-2012, 07:32 AM
The zoning force close ia getting worst now, 4/5 when im zoning to a different area it always force closing now and it ia really annoying, I believe i never had this problem in PL

Lady_Pebbles
11-24-2012, 01:09 PM
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S1 (the "Vibrant" phone)
MODEL #: SGH-T959
ROOTED? -No-

DEVICE: Archos IT 70b Tablet
MODEL #: Archos 70it2
ROOTED? -No-

Qweez
11-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Android 2.2.3 Motorola Droid. Its getting worse. Never had this happen in Star Legends. I invest too much money in these games for this to happen

babo9157
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
i do too! Whenever i press 'go to' on the quest lists and always happens when i enter a dungeon or town... iam using LG Optimus Black... hope you fix this sooon.. its really frustrating and cant play with my friends...

Cahaun
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate SCH-I500
Firmware version is 2.3.5

My phone freezes at the loadings screens going to and out of the towns. The puppy just stands on the screen and town music still plays. It'd either load the next area after what seems like hours (I'd fall asleep if I wait lol), continue being frozen, or actually reset my phone.

Vixenne
11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000. Crashes when going to new zones.

Deathpunch
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Android 2.2.3 Motorola Droid. Its getting worse. Never had this happen in Star Legends. I invest too much money in these games for this to happen

You could take some of that "too much money invested" and pick up a new device. Just an idea.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Darkire
11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Motorola Defy MB525 android version 2.2.2

Qweez
11-29-2012, 09:26 PM
You could take some of that "too much money invested" and pick up a new device. Just an idea.

-----

Why buy new device when its obvious, these "newer" devices have the same problem. Hmmm.. it must not be my device then. I run the same OS. Why waste money? Don't need to. Thanks for your uneducated opinion though. It is noted. Note to reader: this post should probably be read in a sarcastic tone.

Otukura
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
#dropsupportfrom2.2in2012

nenjih
12-05-2012, 12:29 AM
This could be a different bug because I'm on Motorola Xoom Android 4.0.3 but I have zoning problems too. The loading page with the running dog shows for longer than usual when I try to move to a different zone then it says the server connection was lost and I need to log back in. I posted about it a while ago and sent a feedback email but just in case it's related I thought I should put it here too with more detail. The game is working OK on my Android 4.0.4 Galaxy Note phone (except it drains the battery and makes the screen super hot) so it's not my internet connection. I hope you can fix it. I love the game but I don't have the patience anymore to wait for it to connect to the server and log back in every 5 minutes. My first character wasn't bad because I could join friends to unlock the zones but now it takes forever to get to Kraag because I have to play each map multiple times before I can get through to the next one. Sorry for the long post but I hope it helped.
Thank you STS for trying to work through these bugs.

Exact same problem as above and posting here for exact same reason.

Sony Xperia Acro S on Android 4.0.4

Samhayne
12-07-2012, 11:55 AM
A coming version of Arcane Legends will detect the OS and disable audio for devices running 2.2. You won't crash, but you won't have sound.

Catwomann
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Most of the devices u guys are posting can be upgraded to ice cream sandwich, jellybean and gingerbread. Update your device to get a sound back. 2.2 is really outdated, they really can't do much in the game for 2.2. I am running 4.2.1 on my galaxy s (i9000) and stock 4.2.1 on my nexus 7.

Deathpunch
12-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Most of the devices u guys are posting can be upgraded to ice cream sandwich, jellybean and gingerbread. Update your device to get a sound back. 2.2 is really outdated, they really can't do much in the game for 2.2. I am running 4.2.1 on my galaxy s (i9000) and stock 4.2.1 on my nexus 7.

You must be rooted then, because the most up to date official version to the i9000 is 2.3.6. I know that jelly bean you're running on it is not official.

But, Catwomann brings up a good point. Check to make sure you're fully updated on your device.

-----

Catwomann
12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, you need to be rooted to be on 4.2.1 on i9000 but u can at least do 2.3.6, its many times better than 2.2.1.

On another thought, this problem isn't related to 2.2 as users are reporting problems on 4.0.3 and others. Seems to be driver problems, game isn't optimized for all audio, video drivers. As screen burns on many top class phones as well, which should not happen.

j3peaz
12-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I see u have a solution already, but i just found this post. I have a droid 2, not sure th os version, 2.something lol. Sound<repeat crashes eevery 2mins

Cahaun
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
It's back. I thought it was gone for a while until stuff like this happens.
Good hunting for the audio thing.

Lady_Pebbles
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I can confirm.... it is back. In fact, for me it never went away & I always have the sounds off on my devices. This is gettinv worse. I DC & app FCs much more now. The app just froze & FCed twice in ten minutes. Not just while loading but also while viewing pages on the menu screens, selecting an NPC & selecting their quests, etc. To top it off, when I tried to select the "report" option at the FC screen (which hardly pops up), it freezes up and FCs.

Oh & everytime all that happens, it forces my phone to restart. Very annoying!

The game is highly unplayable for me right now so I might just have to abandon it. :-(

Cahaun
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I can confirm.... it is back. In fact, for me it never went away & I always have the sounds off on my devices. This is gettinv worse. I DC & app FCs much more now. The app just froze & FCed twice in ten minutes. Not just while loading but also while viewing pages on the menu screens, selecting an NPC & selecting their quests, etc. To top it off, when I tried to select the "report" option at the FC screen (which hardly pops up), it freezes up and FCs.

Oh & everytime all that happens, it forces my phone to restart. Very annoying!

The game is highly unplayable for me right now so I might just have to abandon it. :-(

I feel the same way. Just froze yet again in my daily quests.

Samhayne
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Try with with the latest client version and let us know how things work for you. Thanks!

OrFeAsGr
11-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I Use HTC Desire Android 2.2 I think it is 1 Ghz.For a long time i've played all STS games with no technical issues.Some months ago though..once i tried opening PL,DL,SL.!BOOM! Force close..I could only open Arcanr Legends without force close.I also downloaded Pocket Legends.apk from the forums...again force close..So...is it gonna be fixed?Or im gonna have to get a new phone earlier..