PDA

View Full Version : Just a little Sorcerer guide

Superduper
11-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorcerers

I. The Sorcerer
The new class in Arcane Legends that mirrors the mage in PL is the little blue mutant known as the sorcerer. This little blue ball of Arcane magic relies on its ability to produce powerful spells that can bring down the greatest of enemies. This class is all about area of attack (AOE), just like the mage did in PL.

II. Sorcerer Strengths
The sorcerer, as I stated earlier, is heavily suited for area attacks. Whether it be the explosiveness of the fireblast or the shock of the lighting, this class hits everything. The auto attack (staff attack) is even AOE, as long as the targets are within the sorcerer's line of sight. All in all this class is very well suited for damaging large amounts of enemies with powerful magic.

III. Weaknesses
This powerhouse class does come with a few weaknesses. The sorcerer can dish it out, but without a warrior in front of you, the mobs of enemies can be overwhelming. Armor for the sorcerer is relatively low as compared to the warrior, because it swaps strength for speed and area attacks. The damage, IMO, outweighs the weakness of the armor. The sorcerer, when a safe distance away, can take on large amounts of mobs (refer to skills to see how). Another weakness (currently for the 16 cap) is the mana regen. Every single sorcerer skill uses quite a bit of mana. This results in an excessive use of mana pots, which can hurt a players pocketbook.

IV. How to stat (lvl 16)
The sorcerer's main stat is INT. INT increases the amount of mana it has and upgrades the power of each skill. It also increases mana regen (no numerical value at this time). If your sorcerer is put INT currently, you may die alot. I would recommend have 50 points in STR to give you around 600 health point and the rest in INT. This way you have high amounts of health and a pretty decent armor value, yet it still allows you to be the little blue ball of Arcane energy that you are.

V. Skills
The sorcerer's skills are very diverse and powerful. When used in the right combination, they can prove very devastating to any type of enemy, whether it be mob or boss. I have experimented with the skills and have come to notice that the best combination is 5-heal, 5-fire, 5-whirlwind, and 1-clocktower. When heal is maxed out it covers a very large area, which is very good for group play. It also gives a regen effect of adding mana and health every few seconds to all party members. This skill is invaluable. For fighting mobs, I use clocktower which slows the enemies down, then I blast them with fireblast (which knocks them down, then follow that up with whirlwind (which knocks them back down). When the enemies are on the ground continually blast them with charged regular attacks, which are quite powerful. Then repeat.

VI. Gear
For right now (lvl 16) I would recommend the Champion bundle. It not only comes with 3 very good legendary items, but all the extra bonuses such as auction and inventory slots. With more patches, this is subject to change. The selection of rings and amulets is up to you. I personally use ones slotted with more INT because I like to spam skills. However, this is all up to you.

Overview

The sorcerer is a very powerful area of effect master that, when stat'd right, can take down even the most powerful enemies. Please leave your comments about my guide (it is my first one). Hope to see you in game!

Super

Skeokateva
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Very nice well put together guide:) I have champions bundle atm using all but the hood and I'm at 800 HP with all my points on int I think armor is around 200:) I agree its a good pack

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Superduper
11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks! I was basing the stats without gear on.

Deathpunch
11-16-2012, 04:29 PM
For those who don't get the champions pack I would suggest gear that gives a strength buff over dex. More health is always good. :)

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Dalinuel
11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Well put together :thumbup:

Shonex
11-16-2012, 06:04 PM
A great guide,good job on this one Superduper! :)

Skeokateva
11-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks! I was basing the stats without gear on.

Lol nice:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

flashbackflip
11-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Cool overview. I needed it to check my own thought on that class. Lvl12 now..

Thanx a lot!

Draco699
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Great Guide

Icantcry
11-19-2012, 05:06 PM
i noticed just on lvl 2 heal it heals you greatly but ive been soloing sometimes so i sont know about healing the area around you...

Khahl
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
This is a great sorcerer write-up Duper, and I think your skill spec is very effective for soloing through batches of mobs - especially for going through tombs for exp, or getting quests done. I think the area sorcerers are suffering a lack of balance at is in either choosing to be group-oriented, and to a lesser extent it seems difficult to balance either fighting mobs or bosses.

Khahl
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
After a night of messing around with skills and trying some ideas out, I think I've found that balanced hybrid (Boss/AOE) skill setup that I mentioned earlier to be working very well. I'm waiting until I get level 16 to really focus on adjusting the finer bits, but so far the only disadvantage I've found is that in a group, if I am getting swarmed by mobs, and not being quick on my toes, then I can die really fast. It's easy to get swarmed though, especially if nobody else is trying to keep them off of me!

Here is where I'm at right now:
Fireball - 2 (Impact)
Lightning - 4 (NO Electrical Discharge)
Time Shift - 4 (NO Lower Dodge)
Lifegiver - 4 (NO Increased Range)
Total = 14 Skill Points

When I get to level 16, I am thinking to add either Engulf or Ignite to Fireball - not sure yet.

This spec allows me to deal massive damage to bosses with Timeshift/Lightning combo and Fireballs or regular attacks inbetween. While I can also do aoe knockdowns to groups, root them and deal massive aoe damage.

I'm always open to suggestions though

Montanabro
11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Consider maxing Fireball. It's a terrific opener because its AoE is huge, it does monster damage, and, if specced right, it knocksback and stuns which lets you rush in and cast your clock without getting hit.

lightcuber
11-21-2012, 12:02 AM
This is an awesome guide!

In my opinion, the Scorch upgrade to Fireball is next to useless, especially in your build that focuses on having mobs stunned continually.
The Protective Current upgrade to Gale also isn't very useful thus far in the game. At most, (assuming it's multiplicative) you'll get another 2-3% dodge chance by utilizing that upgrade.
I'd recommend putting those 2 points into the Freeze Time and Countdown of Pain upgrades of Time Shift.

CosmoxKramer
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
nice post, I'll have to try out your skill spec!

SkillFullGamer
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Great guide!

Khahl
11-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Consider maxing Fireball. It's a terrific opener because its AoE is huge, it does monster damage, and, if specced right, it knocksback and stuns which lets you rush in and cast your clock without getting hit.

Save the point from Scorch - it sounds great on it's own, but when you consider that if you're playing right - those mobs will probably not even get a chance to hit you. It's much better used elsewhere, and I would recommend putting it into Time Shift if you're using Duper's build.

kateku
11-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Nice guide. However, 5-heal, 5-fire, 5-whirlwind, and 1-clocktower equals to 16skill points?

I had only 15 skill points when im max level. Is there an additional skill point granted?

Ambient
11-25-2012, 01:49 PM
After a night of messing around with skills and trying some ideas out, I think I've found that balanced hybrid (Boss/AOE) skill setup that I mentioned earlier to be working very well. I'm waiting until I get level 16 to really focus on adjusting the finer bits, but so far the only disadvantage I've found is that in a group, if I am getting swarmed by mobs, and not being quick on my toes, then I can die really fast. It's easy to get swarmed though, especially if nobody else is trying to keep them off of me!

Here is where I'm at right now:
Fireball - 2 (Impact)
Lightning - 4 (NO Electrical Discharge)
Time Shift - 4 (NO Lower Dodge)
Lifegiver - 4 (NO Increased Range)
Total = 14 Skill Points

When I get to level 16, I am thinking to add either Engulf or Ignite to Fireball - not sure yet.

This spec allows me to deal massive damage to bosses with Timeshift/Lightning combo and Fireballs or regular attacks inbetween. While I can also do aoe knockdowns to groups, root them and deal massive aoe damage.

I'm always open to suggestions though

I have a question here. Only been playing a couple days, so bear with me. What are your thoughts on Ice Vs. Lightning? Clearly your preference is lightning, but if we had to compare the two, could you give me your reasons why you prefer lightning. Possibly a compare and contrast, even.

I quote this post primarily because the build I had in mind utilized heal/fire/time, and then I have been debating on the ice versus lightning since I started. I know wind is great, but it just doesn't feel comfortable in use with this build.

Heroelite
11-29-2012, 11:39 PM
One thing I don't understand is why mages put the upgrade in heal that gives 5 m/s for 10 seconds. This is a complete waste imo because that barely increases your regen and gives you a total of 50 mana over the 10 seconds. Each skill costs more than that. I'd rather put that extra upgrade point into something else.

Skeazeti
11-30-2012, 12:58 AM
One thing I don't understand is why mages put the upgrade in heal that gives 5 m/s for 10 seconds. This is a complete waste imo because that barely increases your regen and gives you a total of 50 mana over the 10 seconds. Each skill costs more than that. I'd rather put that extra upgrade point into something else.

Well I've been using 5/5 lifegiver and I see a significant reduction in my mana pot usage. The regen definately regens more than the heal costs. Idk the exact numbers but it defo makes the heal itself basically free. It's great. I run 4/5 fire, 3/5 lightning 5/5 life and 2/5 time shift. Gonna put my last point into lightning or time shift when I get it. Seems to be a very effective hybrid class, good with soloing or parties, mobs or bosses :).

Deathpunch
11-30-2012, 07:33 AM
I have a question here. Only been playing a couple days, so bear with me. What are your thoughts on Ice Vs. Lightning? Clearly your preference is lightning, but if we had to compare the two, could you give me your reasons why you prefer lightning. Possibly a compare and contrast, even.

I quote this post primarily because the build I had in mind utilized heal/fire/time, and then I have been debating on the ice versus lightning since I started. I know wind is great, but it just doesn't feel comfortable in use with this build.

My thoughts on lightning vs. frost:

From a purely damage point of view, you should choose lightning. Hands down. Put the extra point in for the 15% damage increase and frost cannot beat it. It also has a shocking skill that stuns every now and then, but isn't as reliable as frost is for stunning.

From a purely control point of view, you should choose frost. The freeze works first time, every time, and it also freezes a few of the bosses, like Bellybottom. Frost also slows targets that are close to your original target.

I've had both in my build, and I am currently using lightning, but I think I prefer the freeze/slow aspect of frost over the pure damage of lightning.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.