PDA

View Full Version : My opinions on Warrior

Pwnology
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Everyone has there primary damage stat...

Warrior uses STRENGTH, the stat that gives everyone health. So naturally, a warrior will always have more health and more damage. Very unbalanced

Back
11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Ever came across a mage and bear in Pl?

Astrocat
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Everyone has there primary damage stat...

Warrior uses STRENGTH, the stat that gives everyone health. So naturally, a warrior will always have more health and more damage. Very unbalanced

Hum, that's the point of being a TANK?

ninjaduck
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Nope. The Warrior damage output is *tiny* compared to the Sorcerer (full assault build) output. Health doesn't mean everything.

Pwnology
11-16-2012, 02:14 PM
The math isn't that hard to figure out. You gain a few percent to +damage output when you pump your damage stat. Base damage of items are very low, therefore if you get a 5% damage boost (which is high, and you would need pure damage stat to get this) you will only get a few more points of damage.

Let's say your base damage on your weapon is 20.... Ok, so you have 100+ intellect and gain 5% damage, how much do you get? You get 1 damage. So instead of 20, you hit 21.... Then factor in enemy armor...

There is no such thing as a "damage dealer" in this game. Everyone does the same damage. The issue is that everyone uses a different "primary" stat... In the warriors case, he gets it the easiest... He gets lots of health and the same if not more damage than a mage/rogue.

Prove me wrong...

5% of 20 is 1.... 5% of 100 is 5....

Now if you sacrifice 800 health to get 5% damage, do you now see how meaningless it is? This game is about HEALTH and ARMOR and HEALING... If you don't have these, you will be forced to either spam potions or leech off other players who do have heals/potions. REALITY

Astrocat
11-16-2012, 02:27 PM
The math isn't that hard to figure out. You gain a few percent to +damage output when you pump your damage stat. Base damage of items are very low, therefore if you get a 5% damage boost (which is high, and you would need pure damage stat to get this) you will only get a few more points of damage.

Let's say your base damage on your weapon is 20.... Ok, so you have 100+ intellect and gain 5% damage, how much do you get? You get 1 damage. So instead of 20, you hit 21.... Then factor in enemy armor...

There is no such thing as a "damage dealer" in this game. Everyone does the same damage. The issue is that everyone uses a different "primary" stat... In the warriors case, he gets it the easiest... He gets lots of health and the same if not more damage than a mage/rogue.

Prove me wrong...

5% of 20 is 1.... 5% of 100 is 5....

Now if you sacrifice 800 health to get 5% damage, do you now see how meaningless it is? This game is about HEALTH and ARMOR and HEALING... If you don't have these, you will be forced to either spam potions or leech off other players who do have heals/potions. REALITY

Lol why waste your time to write all this? Warrior is warrior, and tanks. It will stay how it is, quit trying to be right on this ;).

Pwnology
11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure why you are being defensive. Just trying to give honest criticism on the game. Warriors are mathematically ahead of all classes. ESPECIALLY the rogue since the rogue is melee. The sorcerer is at least ranged.

My suggestion would be to make a new stat called Vitality.

1 Point vitality could increase health by 20 and armor by 1.

That way, everyone can focus there primary stat and get the amount of health they want while being balanced.

Walkhardd
11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure why you are being defensive. Just trying to give honest criticism on the game. Warriors are mathematically ahead of all classes. ESPECIALLY the rogue since the rogue is melee. The sorcerer is at least ranged.

That way, everyone can focus there primary stat and get the amount of health they want while being balanced.

Diablo player? ;)

Agree, btw.

Astrocat
11-16-2012, 02:37 PM

Warrior is the one that tanks and takes all the damage! So of course we need better health and armor! Do you get that?

xbabybugszx
11-16-2012, 02:39 PM
YouMadBro'?

Astrocat
11-16-2012, 02:40 PM
YouMadBro'?

Me?

Pwnology
11-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Warrior is the one that tanks and takes all the damage! So of course we need better health and armor! Do you get that?

I get that and I don't care if they are overpowered in PvE. What about PvP? 5000 health warrior who does the same damage as a rogue/sorcerer vs a rogue/sorcerer with 1500-2500 health and the same damage. It makes no sense.... So unless they have some kind of auto-balance for PvP, warrior is the best class hands down.

Superduper
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Diablo player? ;)

Agree, btw.

Any other MMO player? Haha yes that would be nifty.

Superduper
11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
I get that and I don't care if they are overpowered in PvE. What about PvP? 5000 health warrior who does the same damage as a rogue/sorcerer vs a rogue/sorcerer with 1500-2500 health and the same damage. It makes no sense.... So unless they have some kind of auto-balance for PvP, warrior is the best class hands down.
I can shoot fire out of my hand. Can you do that?

Dalinuel
11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Everyone always trying to make warrior on par with other classes. Its a warrior its supposed to have that much armor and health.. As far as being a rogue and sorcerer there going deal your damage and break your armor and both have range

Walkhardd
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Diablo player? ;)

Agree, btw.

Any other MMO player? Haha yes that would be nifty.

Lol. I'm trying to find Diablo players here.