PDA

View Full Version : First PvP experience

Nick41324
11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Can you remember your first time in pvp?

I was a L8 mage when SBL and Plat Talons were big in low lvl pvp (early 2011)... Long story short, i got farmed.

Walkhardd
11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I joined a game as a 30 mage with crystalline set, excluding the helm. I tried to kill the other team. They teamed me and made fun of my debuffs. They called me trash, and made fun of me wearing crystal gear.

Made me sad cuz I was saving for the helm. Lol. Ppl are mean! Haha.

I wish I remembered their names now. Muwahahaha. XD.

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I went into pvp as a level 32 dex bird (before gcd) I was smart enough to know that I needed to spam crap but that's as far as my genius went. Lol this one Mage named "babefreakster" hated my guts. She would farm me.

Then as I leveled to 40ish I got to the point where I could own her xD

Nick41324
11-16-2012, 02:12 PM
I remember when I first joined 35 pvp, I was noobish so blitz and Shelby farmed me. She asked me (quote) "are you good" I said "I was getting there" and she farmed with blitz. Then later I 3v1'd blitz (we all got owned 1v1). Blitz made me quite 35 pvp tbh

We worked things out :rolleyes:. (Not so much Shelby.. blitz)

xbabybugszx
11-16-2012, 02:36 PM
L17 dexbear when you had to pay plat for all maps. I had no idea what i was doing, yet even back then i never rushed. I tried sbl & tinsels yet i failed kusz i put 1-2points in every skill for my build.. i got help from this dexbear Katahra, sadly she got banned..

+*Trust*+

D-:
11-16-2012, 02:51 PM
My very first experience was a L10 Bear :') I'll never forget that. Cus I was good too. Something like 700-200?

Roberto077
11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
First time I played PvP was at level 30. Chillin with Pallllliidan, getting eaten up by voodoos, forgetting that PvP wasn't fair for birds at that level. Sadly the tides have turned to forgotten = winner

ninjaduck
11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
First experience was Qxn. KD was around 11k-7k. Was fairly easy to play, because there were no forg bows, and talons dominated it, so much more skill was involved. Also, there were less noobs around, so less farming :D

Deadbite
11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I remember when I first joined 35 pvp, I was noobish so blitz and Shelby farmed me. She asked me (quote) "are you good" I said "I was getting there" and she farmed with blitz. Then later I 3v1'd blitz (we all got owned 1v1). Blitz made me quite 35 pvp tbh

Yea blitz did the same to my old voodoo... Made me quit... Imadvoodooi I believe I was..

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
L17 dexbear when you had to pay plat for all maps. I had no idea what i was doing, yet even back then i never rushed. I tried sbl & tinsels yet i failed kusz i put 1-2points in every skill for my build.. i got help from this dexbear Katahra, sadly she got banned..

+*Trust*+

You're aware of the level 50 Mage named Katahra right? I'd assume it's someone else but...just in case.

Deadbite
11-16-2012, 03:43 PM
But my first experience was with ozuuuu and waanesa or somthing... It was fun I went 30:20 that ctf game. Hooked from then on.

Noodleleg
11-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Lvl 46... Went to Forest Tombs. Used a dark matter staff and Khafra items. Tried to rush this guy in Mega Mage's....good times... Good times...

xbabybugszx
11-16-2012, 04:15 PM

+*Trust*+

You're aware of the level 50 Mage named Katahra right? I'd assume it's someone else but...just in case.

Must of been spelled different then, because she was a bear. Cant remember exacly but it was somthing like katara, kahtara... idk anymore but yeah :p

MightyMicah
11-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Must of been spelled different then, because she was a bear. Cant remember exacly but it was somthing like katara, kahtara... idk anymore but yeah :p

Ah, I see. Haha cool :D

Azataso
11-16-2012, 07:24 PM
My first pvp was during 66 cap, I was smart enough to ask anneowen how to pvp :D good times..... especially with this weird bird called KANITAL farming me lol

Aressgodxx
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
i joined a game as a 30 mage with crystalline set, excluding the helm. I tried to kill the other team. They teamed me and made fun of my debuffs. They called me trash, and made fun of me wearing crystal gear.

Made me sad cuz i was saving for the helm. Lol. Ppl are mean! Haha.

I wish i remembered their names now. Muwahahaha. Xd.

how do you ppl get the "nuke" proud member of unity thing

Yich
11-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I joined just before sleep's reign of terror was ending. They teamed nearly everyone especially noobies. Entertaining kept sleep and snsd sone off me and I learned the ways of PvP. After a few months of staying under Ent's wing, I wrote a guide for PvP and let him take the credit for it. I had top tier gear and was cool with the best low level PvPers from the day I started.

GoodSyntax
11-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Totally remember my first experience. Joined a map with a few higher levels. As soon as I came in someone said FFA and then I was dead. Didn't know what FFA meant or what just happened, I restarted and was killed again almost instantly. My third reset and I was running for my life until some bear beckoned and stomped me clear across the map - fortunately, by that time the match was over and someone called me a noob via private message. Fun times indeed.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), Anneowen taught me a lot about PvP - usually through crushing me over and over and over and over and over. I didn't ask for builds or strategy, just learned from what was working on me, and what strategies seem to work best on others. Anneowen must have known I was a noob and even though she (he?) kept tooling me over, never insulted or harassed, never singled me out - so if you see this, I appreciate the courtesy.

After a while I thought I had gotten pretty good with my mage, and tried a few lower level STR and DEX bears. Had fun through about lvl 30. Hated (and still do) PvP at 35-45. Constantly rushed and teamed by higher level toons. This issue was magnified with Forgotten bows. Jump into a lvl 40 game with a 37 Dex Bear and two or three level 40s with FBs just keep on rushing until I get disgusted and leave.

Sewers PvP is probably the best times - good guys, great fights, very balanced and very little rushing/teaming - at least from my experience. Classic callout or 2v2 style games with some FFA's mixed in on occasion.

Nuri's PvP must have been tons of fun for Dex Birds wearing Glyph or, heaven forbid, Demonic items. So overpowering that I lost interest very quickly.

Had some fun with Fang PvP, but everyone had crafted sets, so games were essentially decided by luck and the occasional dodge. Fun to be a Mage with Fang PvP though.

Humania was OK. Me (and everybody else) started with Angel sets and then moved on to crafted sets. Problem became that because there was so much armor, dodge and crit, battles took a long time and again was decided by a random dodge or crit on Drain.

Haven't capped yet or even started PvPing in Blacksmoke, but it looks like Scythe bears are going to be very tough to take down.

winterblood
11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
hahahha i remember when my bird was lvl 20 and i joined a lvl 25 game. i thought i was pretty good using a PINK forest bow and start attacking (lol)
then mages owned meh so much, i had no idea why i cant kill them lol...

SuperGotenks
11-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Level 50 with void sunblessed set. Got rushed all the time ._. Pre gcd and 50 cap

Nick41324
11-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Level 50 with void sunblessed set. Got rushed all the time ._. Pre gcd and 50 cap
I believe I rushed you, yes?

Btw, change your Sig. You trashed your guild on me. <3

Piosidon
11-17-2012, 02:07 AM
First fought as a lvl 25 dex bear. It was at that time I learned about buffs, and helped me to become pretty successful at other classes and levels.

Rot
11-17-2012, 06:24 AM
A l25 bear with an Onyx 2h set. I think I rushed a mage without knowing what rushing is. Then the mage was like " You rush! " and I was like " What? I'm in no rush at all! "

Dreuefesie
11-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Forget what level but it was 60-65.. Got into room and ran at everyone spamming random skills! I eventually worked out why everyone was yelling rusher! At me...

GELLIO77
11-17-2012, 01:45 PM
first memory of pvp was playing 25 before gcd using alch robe, crystaline helm and a purple toyman :O. i would always ask zhau (who was prolly like my best friend at the time) to a 1v1, good times... good times...

ArtofWar
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I think the first time i PvP'ed was at lvl40 or so with a friend.. we both were noobs but it was fun.. lol

Kixxler
11-17-2012, 02:34 PM
L20 bear, back when everyone was still playing. Got farmed cuz I always wore nooby equipment. Then i got myself some plat, bought a 20 set, got a build, and was no longer a noob.

Thelastblink
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
First pvp moment was before gcd, lvl 25 bear, heaps nice man called Sobrangpogi taught him everything he knew. I slowly became better and better! Then I made a lvl 20 bear with plat pack... PL was SO fun then...
I also remade a new char from scratch cos of blitz... He thought I was silentdestiny and basically the whole lvl 35s always killed me.

Elyseon
11-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Did some around level 15
Everything back then was ffa
I think i went like 0-5 after one game
Then tried again at 30 with a longsword
Got destroyed by mages lol
Again that was ffa so it was pretty fun even tho i sucked, not like i was getting farmed
At 50 i had respecd to pure dex using some trash armour and void helm and bow
This time i found myself slightly better
With a beckon and triple slash(pre gcd)
Quite effective lol i was probably worse at 56 >.> lulz sk set sucks

KingFu
11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Level 35 cap when PvP was just released. I was still a pro even back then.

BlueSkied
11-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I think I was like, level 35 in full shiv with the xbow in the middle of Fang cap when I first perused the PvP rooms. Someone said, ''go luudes," and I buffed quickly and cruel blasted. I got the, "wtf rusher," and the farming commenced. Didn't try again until I got custom set, and Knightmarewar and Wall showed me the ways.

Dodo365
11-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I was a L12 bear with plat Talon pack, I really sucked I got farmed by basically everyone then novablocks,zealtwink,zealpenguin,demon whatever you wanna call him helped me out after that I became pretty successful in low lvl (pre gcd)

AbsolutePally
11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Before level 10 I think 8 in Dec 2010. Wearing trash N greens, was a pally. Didn't know we could use skills or have more than 4 until 30s lol.

:-D
11-18-2012, 12:53 AM

We love you nicky

:-D
11-18-2012, 12:55 AM
My first experience was 50 cap pvp, i mostly did private games when it came to pvp until i became good, i rmbr alot of the people that i first pvped with, shout out to you guys!

Piosidon
11-18-2012, 01:11 AM
First pvp moment was before gcd, lvl 25 bear, heaps nice man called Sobrangpogi taught him everything he knew. I slowly became better and better! Then I made a lvl 20 bear with plat pack... PL was SO fun then...
I also remade a new char from scratch cos of blitz... He thought I was silentdestiny and basically the whole lvl 35s always killed me.
Yea me and Sobrang were best buds then

Rot
11-18-2012, 02:50 AM
I was a L12 bear with plat Talon pack, I really sucked I got farmed by basically everyone then novablocks,zealtwink,zealpenguin,demon whatever you wanna call him helped me out after that I became pretty successful in low lvl (pre gcd)

Zeal taught me how to PvP too!

Thelastblink
11-19-2012, 02:15 AM

WHO WAS YOUR CHAR NAME!? :) As far as I could remember it was thebilldozer, togio, dabooa, newyorktimes, newsomwar and Tedyybear who sob said was equally tied first with him.

Mage till the end
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Hm. First time I really got into pvp was when shadow caves came out. Had a shotgun set on my bear. Loads of fun trolling lvl 40 nubs.

Enigeax
11-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I was lvl 11 or somethin win I first started like a year and a half ago. I got ownd by some bear horribly so I ended up quitting the game for awhile lol. Then I started play again and did try pvp again til lvl 55 and got demolished by these pros who repeatedly called me a noob. Therlir names were zonesmash. Acemage???? And vegetarian or somethin. But their insults fueled me to go on. I kinda dislike pvp and the only way I stay interested is by rushing.....

Dudjdj
11-20-2012, 06:58 PM
I started to pvp on my Mage enchantereess at lv 50 when the cap was 56. I had the cosmos set but was bad XD

Cheeezburgler
11-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I was a level 46 dex bird with a ballista and somehow I owned everyone lol ballista ftw.

XghostzX
11-21-2012, 09:52 PM
First PvP game was in the swamps, I see a bunch of 35's while I was like 32 or something... It was Thelonearcher, Ladylove, and residentevl in a corner talking. Because I was a huge noob, and wasn't really in with "the cool kids" in PL, I decided to attack them as my first kills. I mean c'mon, think about. Your first time in PvP, there are three players all bunched up together... how could I resist? So I attempted to kill them, and I died within the five seconds. I died 14 times in a row until I raged quit. My original name was "Xghostzx" (my forum name) and thelonearcher said something like, "bahaha, noob. Can't even spell Ghost right." In return, I called him a bully. (Ikr, cute?) Ladylove being the sweet, mature woman said, "Hey c'mon now, leave the kid alone...."

But it's okay, I ended being friends with the three of them... haha. :)

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 10:54 PM
First PvP game was in the swamps, I see a bunch of 35's while I was like 32 or something... It was Thelonearcher, Ladylove, and residentevl in a corner talking. Because I was a huge noob, and wasn't really in with "the cool kids" in PL, I decided to attack them as my first kills. I mean c'mon, think about. Your first time in PvP, there are three players all bunched up together... how could I resist? So I attempted to kill them, and I died within the five seconds. I died 14 times in a row until I raged quit. My original name was "Xghostzx" (my forum name) and thelonearcher said something like, "bahaha, noob. Can't even spell Ghost right." In return, I called him a bully. (Ikr, cute?) Ladylove being the sweet, mature woman said, "Hey c'mon now, leave the kid alone...."

But it's okay, I ended being friends with the three of them... haha. :)

Urgh, noob.

Piosidon
11-22-2012, 01:46 PM
WHO WAS YOUR CHAR NAME!? :) As far as I could remember it was thebilldozer, togio, dabooa, newyorktimes, newsomwar and Tedyybear who sob said was equally tied first with him.

My name was Piosidon, I probably already moved on to 50 when you met him. We played during the good old days

Elyseon
11-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Level 35 cap when PvP was just released. I was still a pro even back then.
u wud be
probably rich then tu

Zeus
11-23-2012, 03:58 AM

I remember you and Sob! He'd always would be confused because I was killing him as a L20 bear when he was a L25 bear. Good times, lmao.