PDA

View Full Version : Warrior overpowered

Leftro
11-16-2012, 11:57 PM
You have probably heard this but, right now the warrior is unstoppable with high damage high health and high armor. The damage can out beat a rogue and easily out beat a sorrceror any day. I know you guys will nerf the class accept I'm just another person who dislikes this un balance. I like my rogue but as I see warriors plow through monsters I feel guilty sometimes for picking a rogue for a main. :D ty!

dugantale
11-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Your time will come when your over powered my young one. Wait and see.

Bashem
11-17-2012, 01:26 PM
You have probably heard this but, right now the warrior is unstoppable with high damage high health and high armor. The damage can out beat a rogue and easily out beat a sorrceror any day. I know you guys will nerf the class accept I'm just another person who dislikes this un balance. I like my rogue but as I see warriors plow through monsters I feel guilty sometimes for picking a rogue for a main. :D ty!

I think its more a issue of rogues and mages need more dps since thats what they are. Warriors tank fine atm but as u said for groups rogues and mages need more dps added to them imo to be wanted. The hp elitrs have is insaneif u give dps more dps that fixes two things one dps will be wanted more for runs and two bosses wont take so long to kill.

Astrocat
11-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Warrior is NOT overpowered, gosh stop these threads. As you know the warrior is the one that TANKS, takes ALL the damage from the mobs, and aggros them. Understand that? -__-"

Late
11-17-2012, 01:38 PM

U have to know what ur doing as a warrior

mike1298
11-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Sorcerer and rogue can do some insane damage. My sorcerer can nuke faster then a warrior can and not even using the highest damage weapon.

Cahaun
11-17-2012, 03:46 PM
The warrior isn't overpowered

Justg
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Actually, they are overpowered. The armor at the top end of the game is way more than it should be. We nerfed it earlier in the week, but rolled it back because it was too hasty.

I would definitely expect a warrior nerf in the coming weeks.

Astrocat
11-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Actually, they are overpowered. The armor at the top end of the game is way more than it should be. We nerfed it earlier in the week, but rolled it back because it was too hasty.

Not again.. it's already super hard in Elite has a warrior. How will we tank then? I'll just hide. And I don't want any players complaining of me hiding then. :)

Cephei
11-17-2012, 04:44 PM
NOOO Justg just leave it as it is.
Its cool now

Bless
11-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes they are OP...a tank needs armor, but a tank cant rely on armor alone, the thing that makes a tank is skill. U cant rush into a mob thinking I HAVE GODLY ARMOR COME AT ME SUCKKAAA

Knockador
11-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Tanks are OP, nerf the ship out of em please. lol I do have a tank as my highest leveled to on but I'd rather use a image :-)

ProSophist
11-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Warriors are overpowered. Close to infinite sustain and top-tier armor. People who main them are in denial and wonder why the population consists of 80% warriors.
The game is very new like Sam has mentioned. I expected for this to happen. However, I personally am patient about it because I know they are working on it.

Leftro
11-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Warriors are overpowered. Close to infinite sustain and top-tier armor. People who main them are in denial and wonder why the population consists of 80% warriors.
The game is very new like Sam has mentioned. I expected for this to happen. However, I personally am patient about it because I know they are working on it.

Yes many of the warrior are denial about the fact that they are overpowered and will never get nerfed.

Astrocat
11-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes many of the warrior are denial about the fact that they are overpowered and will never get nerfed.

Jelly much? ;)

Leonard Tan
11-18-2012, 02:44 AM
I have both a warrior and a mage. Warrior is fine as it is else NO one is going to be able to tank bosses. I AGREE the other 2 classes are lacking in dps.

hippl
11-18-2012, 06:16 AM
My 5 cents: Let the warrior stay as is, rogue - more dps or crit %, and better (shorten cooldown) "heal + selfheal' ability for mages

Itoopeo
11-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Warrior is NOT overpowered, gosh stop these threads. As you know the warrior is the one that TANKS, takes ALL the damage from the mobs, and aggros them. Understand that? -__-"

Yeah, i have noticed that if i go in middle of 10 mobs group, i can easily survive. After me that one same lvl rogue speeded up towards me and tried to do same. He died in like 2 or 3 seconds and he still used many elixirs. In normal team work mage and rogue stays back and buffs and does dmg. They will not lose any hp if they can stay back and NOT attack first.

Bless
11-18-2012, 06:33 AM

Yeah, i have noticed that if i go in middle of 10 mobs group, i can easily survive. After me that one same lvl rogue speeded up towards me and tried to do same. He died in like 2 or 3 seconds and he still used many elixirs. In normal team work mage and rogue stays back and buffs and does dmg. They will not lose any hp if they can stay back and NOT attack first. The best fighter is the one who ENDURES AND KILLS.

Astrocat
11-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah, i have noticed that if i go in middle of 10 mobs group, i can easily survive. After me that one same lvl rogue speeded up towards me and tried to do same. He died in like 2 or 3 seconds and he still used many elixirs. In normal team work mage and rogue stays back and buffs and does dmg. They will not lose any hp if they can stay back and NOT attack first.

In a easy map then. Go have fun doing that in Elite maps, then come back.

bbt1
11-18-2012, 07:30 AM
It's funny the biggest effect of nerfin warriors ability to tank will b when tank dies rogue n Mage die to XD

Leftro
11-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Hmmm that could happen...probably not though

Cahaun
11-18-2012, 01:44 PM
It's funny the biggest effect of nerfin warriors ability to tank will b when tank dies rogue n Mage die to XD
When the warrior dies, I pwn the mobs with my Mage. I don't need a big meat shield to survive, and even then I don't think the warriors need a nerf. What makes people think this way is by seeing them being able to tank effectively and immediately jump the gun that they are overpowered. Why do you think a person who's main is a rogue is wanting the warriors to be nerfed just because the person saw the warrior live longer? Warriors do a lot less damage than rogues. Rogues have extremely powerful and heavy hitting skills like Aimed Shot. Mages have an extremely useful arsenal of skills to get lots of stuff done.

hippl
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM
It's funny the biggest effect of nerfin warriors ability to tank will b when the group of different classes will play wisely, and develop more teamplay and tactics.

Cahaun
11-18-2012, 02:00 PM
It's funny the biggest effect of nerfin warriors ability to tank will b when the group of different classes will play wisely, and develop more teamplay and tactics.
So you are saying that we never had any strategy? Just because warriors can take a lot of damage doesn't mean they or the other classes don't need strategy. Lots of the people here that want them nerfed are ones that can't play their sorcerers or mages as good.

hippl
11-18-2012, 03:16 PM
My position they should be equal in their value. And it's hard for a person (who likes Rogue for instance) think objectively about balance in the game - nevertheless we should put a feedback about what we think things are. Devs have test group, plus since some time there will be available statistics (PvE, PvP) on different classes. Summing all this information devs can adjust balance between all classes. Thing is - let's not make Dominant Class. If someone wants to be an underdog (or Superman! ) - he will find a way..

Astrocat
11-18-2012, 03:46 PM
There's 3 different classes, you get to choose regarding your tastes (lots of armour, good damage or good dodge). Warrior is not overpowered, it's a DIFFERENT class. If your not happy, then choose a warrior and stop your opinions of this one.

SkillFullGamer
11-18-2012, 04:10 PM
LMAO Overpowered You say overpowered Leftro? I'm guessing you don't understand that they're meant to "Tank" all the damage!!? Unless you wanna do it on your rogue or mage? Besides, I've seen rogues and mages, while yah do not have as much survivability yah slice threw monsters WAY faster then warriors lol.....believe me....

hippl
11-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Haha, you want me stop explaining my opinion? And do want to shut me up? Why? It's looking like you are weak in real life. Make Your Opinion! Debate! Convince me wrong! But you can't stop someone's word ;)

Bless
11-18-2012, 04:17 PM
lots of armour, tons of health, good damage and good dodge 2 words that come to my mind when i see that : OVER POWERED

Ps. I fixed it for ya

Nightarcher
11-18-2012, 04:39 PM
There's a difference from Tanking damage and being Invincible. For the record, I think Warriors have a little too much power and something about them needs balancing, be it armor or damage output.

Leftro
11-18-2012, 04:52 PM
LMAO Overpowered You say overpowered Leftro? I'm guessing you don't understand that they're meant to "Tank" all the damage!!? Unless you wanna do it on your rogue or mage? Besides, I've seen rogues and mages, while yah do not have as much survivability yah slice threw monsters WAY faster then warriors lol.....believe me....

Does a tank really need 90+ damage with their best weapon while the rogues and mages can only get into 80-90? Rogues and mages have to input some points into strength or else utter death will happen. Warriors can pile up their points into strength leading to max amount of health/armor and having damage way in the sky. The problem is that the warrior is meant to tank and take in damage, not to deal damage and be almost invincible.

Astrocat
11-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Haha, you want me stop explaining my opinion? And do want to shut me up? Why? It's looking like you are weak in real life. Make Your Opinion! Debate! Convince me wrong! But you can't stop someone's word ;)

Not with someone who's wrong :rolleyes:. I did gave my opinion, and you know i'm right, that's why your defending yourself ;).

CosmoxKramer
11-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Check out some thoughts on re-balancing how Dodge/Crit is calculated to make Dex a more enticing stat as well as fix it before the level cap hits 40+ and dodge/crit gets too high using the current flat calculation
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75724-Large-Post-on-Stat-calculations-and-Potential-to-re-balance-Classes

Dirty
11-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Ok no need to nerf warriors, we need it the way it is to survive. Mages heal sucks if the mage has a heal at all, the rogue's med-pack?? Worthless. When they was nerfed before the whole party would die bc the tank died bc the mages cant heal for crap. I say let the mages with arcane shield do the tanking. As for the dmg, pfft i can kill 1 mob in the time a mage/rogue kills 2. Instead of nerfing warriors increase the rogue's dmg and the mage's heal.

Cero
11-19-2012, 07:18 AM
i play warrior and mage. indeed.i can feel how powered my warrior can go. I would.say people.who has played 2-3class.can tell how BUFFeD warrior is.

-best HP/MP regen skills

so i play more on mage now:P

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 07:22 AM
2 words that come to my mind when i see that : OVER POWERED

Ps. I fixed it for ya

Are you dumb lol? I said 3 different things, for the 3 different classes. Not all only for tank. rofl.

DataPunk
11-19-2012, 09:56 AM
The thing is, you guys dont realise we warriors tank and taunt. I am getting all damage and burning tru pots while trying to keep the party alive with my horn of renew. When u guys get rid my armor all of a sudden i was from paper and everyone kept dieing. Imo its fine as it is, most of u guys probally dont have tried elite yet but there ull notiice how important a warriors armor is.

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
The thing is, you guys dont realise we warriors tank and taunt. I am getting all damage and burning tru pots while trying to keep the party alive with my horn of renew. When u guys get rid my armor all of a sudden i was from paper and everyone kept dieing. Imo its fine as it is, most of u guys probally dont have tried elite yet but there ull notiice how important a warriors armor is.

True. Elite is hard as a warrior. If they nerf, then a warrior will die in 1 shot, and that's not the point of a warrior.

Bless
11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
2 words that come to my mind when i see that : OVER POWERED

Ps. I fixed it for ya

Are you dumb lol? I said 3 different things, for the 3 different classes. Not all only for tank. rofl. haha no ^.^ the warrior has all 4 of those...and stop trying to act as if warrior isnt ever gonna gt nerfed, how long u gonna keep postin these ALL DEFENCE TO WARRIOR CLASS posts? A dev said it himself and stop acing as if like the world is gonna end if they nerf warrior -.-

Bless
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM

True. Elite is hard as a warrior. If they nerf, then a warrior will die in 1 shot, and that's not the point of a warrior. I agree the warrior has to tank hard in elite maps, but tbh most of you run straight to boss so are you truly elite ?

Soz for double post

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
I agree the warrior has to tank hard in elite maps, but tbh most of you run straight to boss so are you truly elite ?

Soz for double post

No, I don't. I still need to cap, so I kill mobs.

DataPunk
11-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Most maps boss wont appear if you don't clear the map first.

tearacan
11-20-2012, 04:34 AM

havent they already? my warrior is getting chopped to bits by a bunch of elite mobs where before i could easily solo elite mobs before.

Although the armor has returned to 'normal' since it was at less then 50%, it doesn't seem to be normal anymore.

Mrsberry
11-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Imo warriors armor is fine as is its needed for proper tanking but there damage output is too high.
Lower warriors dmg, increase rouges dmg, and give mage better heal.

Ephesius
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Imo warriors armor is fine as is its needed for proper tanking but there damage output is too high.
Lower warriors dmg, increase rouges dmg, and give mage better heal.

Go full intel if you want better heal, of course your heal will be low if your str or dex just like in pl. My mage can heal to full health without even charging, the classes are already balanced and dont need fixing to me, maby you guys need to learn to play your classes like I have it will reduce the amounts of deaths you get. And btw you have to avoid the red lights

Mrsberry
11-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Go full intel if you want better heal, of course your heal will be low if your str or dex just like in pl. My mage can heal to full health without even charging, the classes are already balanced and dont need fixing to me, maby you guys need to learn to play your classes like I have it will reduce the amounts of deaths you get. And btw you have to avoid the red lights
Please dont quote me disrespecting me. Im not an idiot I voiced an opinion. I said nothing about deaths and I know how to use my rouge class. My concerns are for when pvp comes out neather class would have a chance against warrior. I could care less if warriors are overpowered in pve helps me out more when running elite maps. Dont start typing insults when u dont know what your talking about.

Dirty
11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
One of the biggest problem is people not knowing how to play their class. Mages has to put points in str bc many parties have a fail tank. Mana needs to regen better for mages bc a non int warrior replenishes mana faster.

Jblazer
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM

Lol pwned

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol pwned

We'll see who tanks then :rolleyes:.

Cephei
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
^true dat

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
How about we, warriors, make tons of threads complaining that rogues and mages are "overpowered" of crit and dodge? How will you react? Nuff said.

Nihiliste
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Please dont quote me disrespecting me. Im not an idiot I voiced an opinion. I said nothing about deaths and I know how to use my rouge class. My concerns are for when pvp comes out neather class would have a chance against warrior. I could care less if warriors are overpowered in pve helps me out more when running elite maps. Dont start typing insults when u dont know what your talking about.

He has nothing better to do than troll. Excuse his 10 year old behavior.

PikseliM
11-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Ye just more crit% and dps to rogues , mage could have little shorter cooldowns so they could be good.. Let the warrior be as it is, its ok. And please, dont make the next campaings so noob friendly :/

Sledge
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Bah! If Spacetime got into the habit of buffing other classes instead of nerfing the initial problem, I might as well be quitting WoW all over again.

McBain
11-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Warrior is not overpowered. Warriors and mages are on par as I see it. Rogues are underpowered.

Linthar
11-23-2012, 12:53 AM
If they nerf Warriors again, I will probably quit. When a tanky class can't tank because the makers of the game make them so weak you can't even tank, there's no point in even playing it.... My opinion is, warrior should stay the way they are, so they can do their job in tanking properly. I guess I see myself quitting in the coming weeks as well..

gundamsone
11-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Heres the choices for STS which non will be implemented:

1. Nerf their armor
2. Buff 2 other classes
3. Make elite maps harder
4. Turn the warrior class into a meatshield class (nerfing skills such as windmill)

But here is what STS will likely implement for the upcoming lvl 21 cap expansion:

1. Increase the stats on the new mage and rogue gear more than the increase on the new warrior gear

That's my opinion on this matter. I know with any mmo, no update can satisfy everyone but if they do it this way less people will be P*^#$% off

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Heres the choices for STS which non will be implemented:

1. Nerf their armor
2. Buff 2 other classes
3. Make elite maps harder
4. Turn the warrior class into a meatshield class (nerfing skills such as windmill)

But here is what STS will likely implement for the upcoming lvl 21 cap expansion:

1. Increase the stats on the new mage and rogue gear more than the increase on the new warrior gear

That's my opinion on this matter. I know with any mmo, no update can satisfy everyone but if they do it this way less people will be P*^#$% off

I'll be P*^#$% off if they kill warriors stats. And they will. So i'm ready to be P*^#$% off and when I will be P*^#$% off, i'll drink some tea. Will you be P*^#$% off ?

Ephesius
11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
When it comes to pvp mage is going to be the best, how do I know? Mages fire can knock down for 3 secs here wind can knock down for 3 secs there freeze can freeze you for 4 secs and they can repeat all of that because there aoe cooldowns are very short. Nerfing the warriors would make them the weakest class to play with in pvp nd pve

Flower
11-23-2012, 10:59 AM
When it comes to pvp mage is going to be the best, how do I know? Mages fire can knock down for 3 secs here wind can knock down for 3 secs there freeze can freeze you for 4 secs and they can repeat all of that because there aoe cooldowns are very short. Nerfing the warriors would make them the weakest class to play with in pvp nd pve you are not realizing bear skills are 12m too..xD and they stun and knock back too ;) mages dmge on tanks would be 34,37,33.. On a tank with 1500 hp :/ ..

Ephesius
11-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Can't just make assumptions, full intel mages will do more then judt 30 they'll do 200+ damage. The only way to know for sure which class is the op one is to bring out pvp and see which class dominates which then you can get accurate info on what needs nerfing which i say the mage does

Dirty
11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
There aren't too many "true" tanks in game, mostly dps warriors. So don't run off calling yourself a tank until you can hold aggro and I'm not running from jarl. And yes it'll be hard to take down a warrior with 1700+ hp in pvp.

limitbreak
11-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Lmfao warrior Oped you kiddin me right?!! Im a mage and I dont see them Op LOL.

ROUGES are underpowered btw.

Who ever said warrior is op, maybe he/her mage/rouge wants to have a def like the warriors do lol coz they dont how to play their characterlo llol

Flower
11-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Lmfao warrior Oped you kiddin me right?!! Im a mage and I dont see them Op LOL.

ROUGES are underpowered btw.

Who ever said warrior is op, maybe he/her mage/rouge wants to have a def like the warriors do lol coz they dont how to play their characterlo llol u dont find them op? Maybe you are the one who doesnt know how to play warriors ;)

Deathpunch
11-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Who ever said warrior is op, maybe he/her mage/rouge wants to have a def like the warriors do lol coz they dont how to play their characterlo llol

The he that said it would be justg.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment